Author Topic: Will liberals admit the default sexual orientation for humans =heterosexual?  (Read 8742 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
and how do you feel this is relevant to the debate?
what debate?

simply trying to force ppl to come to terms with the fact that homosexuality is an abnormal behavior, many many ppl seem to feel its normal thanks to the gay propaganda.

If you dont believe me look at the repsonses here and on some of the other threads. Whats the harm in acknowledging that homosexuality is an abnormal behavior in humans?

That the default sexual orientation for humans is heterosexual?

Now ask yourself why those who push the gay agenda have such a hard time admitting it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
what debate?

simply trying to force ppl to come to terms with the fact that homosexuality is an abnormal behavior, many many ppl seem to feel its normal thanks to the gay propaganda.

If you dont believe me look at the repsonses here and on some of the other threads. Whats the harm in acknowledging that homosexuality is an abnormal behavior in humans?

That the default sexual orientation for humans is heterosexual?

Now ask yourself why those who push the gay agenda have such a hard time admitting it.

I think it has to do more with the context in which a person sees what you are trying to say regarding "normal"

I don't think its anymore than that. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I think it has to do more with the context in which a person sees what you are trying to say regarding "normal"

I don't think its anymore than that. 
"normal" shouldnt be in quotations LOL

again normality in terms of statistics and biology isnt subjective, if your stance is that homosexuality isnt a choice its biological then there is no room for the subjective view of normal.

If you look at it as a choice, then you can say its normal but biologically it is abnormal.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
"normal" shouldnt be in quotations LOL

again normality in terms of statistics and biology isnt subjective, if your stance is that homosexuality isnt a choice its biological then there is no room for the subjective view of normal.

If you look at it as a choice, then you can say its normal but biologically it is abnormal.

So homosexuality, religion, monogamy, basketball skills, musical talents, etc. are biologically abnormal (according to your definition in this thread).

What's your point? No matter how much they show each on TV, radio, internet, that will do nothing to affect its biological abnormal-ness? To me, this thread is a waste of time spewing out trivially true statements as if they were nuggets of wisdom with implications for public debate.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
So homosexuality, religion, monogamy, basketball skills, musical talents, etc. are biologically abnormal (according to your definition in this thread).

What's your point? No matter how much they show each on TV, radio, internet, that will do nothing to affect its biological abnormal-ness? To me, this thread is a waste of time spewing out trivially true statements as if they were nuggets of wisdom with implications for public debate.
If normality isnt important to the public debate then why have the gay rights advocates tried so hard to normalize the behavior?

religion doesnt have a biological content to my knowledge, one could argue that monogamy does and certainly basketball skills and musical talents.

Yes lebron james has abnormal basketball skills, mozart had abnormal musical talent....AND YES HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABNORMAL HUMAN TRAIT...

again you think that its widely accepted the homosexuality is abnormal but ITS not with those that push its agenda.

And yes if your stance is that b/c its biological it should be legal the you should also look at it that same biological light and admit its abnormal behavior.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I have to jump in  :)

So what if its not normal?

Are you saying that making it legal makes it normal?

Are you saying we shouldn't make anything out of the norm legal?
Why should gay couples be allowed to marry and have legal rights similar to a hetero couple?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

so youre saying that in a species what requires 2 opposite sex individuals to procreate that heterosexual is not the default biological sexual orientation?

I wasn't saying anything, ...I was asking a question.
That question was "And how would you know this was the default? Have you personally tested it to find out?"

Im sure lots of moderates would openly admit that they believe that humans are meant to be heterosexual biologically. Yet you have fundie liberals who just cant seem to bring themselves to do so.

Your line of logic if fully played out would then support the suggestion that all humans were meant to be Black, and that existing in any other ethnicity is not normal, and should therefore not be legalized or allowed the same rights & privileges as Blacks, ...would it not? In which case we could have new crimes on the books... Driving while white, or subjecting white teens to stop & frisk, because... they're just not "normal." Or does selectively normal only work when it fits into your particular agenda?
w

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Why should gay couples be allowed to marry and have legal rights similar to a hetero couple?

because queers should be allowed to be just as miserable as the rest of us

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

Lololololol.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Someone throw him a life preserver. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Someone throw him a life preserver. 
you see what I mean magoo?

If it were generally accepted we wouldn't have ppl like this or others on the board....

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
You mean people who talk in circles while saying nothing? 

Since you are addressing Magoo, perhaps you should read his post again since it applies directly to you.

To me, this thread is a waste of time spewing out trivially true statements as if they were nuggets of wisdom with implications for public debate.

Even 333 never got swallowed by his own thread as bad as you have here.  Life preserver....  try to reach for it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
What's the percentage of people who are left handed?

Do we consider lefties "abnormal"?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
What's the percentage of people who are left handed?

Do we consider lefties "abnormal"?

Sorry, being left handed is a choice.  Only abnormal people choose that lifestyle. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Tony is correct.  Takes a degree of intellectual dishonesty to argue that heterosexual behavior isn't the normal behavior for humans.  Of course it is. 

That's a separate issue from the whole gay et al. debate. 

And Tony is also correct that one of the motivating factors behind the entire marriage debate is trying to legitimize a lifestyle choice. 

But like I've been saying for years, homosexual marriage is inevitable.  It's going to happen.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
I assume you have evidence that this is a "choice" that you are basing your rant on?  Let's see the evidence.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I assume you have evidence that this is a "choice" that you are basing your rant on?  Let's see the evidence.

What rant?  

You want evidence homosexuality is a choice?  The first two things I'd say are (1) there is no evidence it's genetic.  (2) Look at the people who were heterosexual, then chose to be gay, then gave up the lifestyle.  Anne Hesch is the one I always think about.  She was straight, then lesbian, and now straight again with two kids.  Clearly a choice on her part.  There are others like her.  

Where is the evidence being homosexual is not a choice?  I haven't seen it.  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Sounds like she is bisexual. 

How about the people that are gay that never had any heterosexual experiences?  Still a choice?  Knowing they were attracted to their own gender their whole lives?

There is no genetic evidence that being heterosexual is a choice either.   What age did you choose to be straight?

Again, for you to claim that being queer is a choice there has to be conclusive evidence of this.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Sounds like she is bisexual. 

How about the people that are gay that never had any heterosexual experiences?  Still a choice?  Knowing they were attracted to their own gender their whole lives?

There is no genetic evidence that being heterosexual is a choice either.   What age did you choose to be straight?

Again, for you to claim that being queer is a choice there has to be conclusive evidence of this.

She's living with a man and has his baby.  Sounds like a former lesbian. 

Yes, still a choice.  I don't think being attracted to the same gender is a normal reaction, but I'm sure it happens.  That doesn't make homosexuality genetic.  People are attracted to all sorts of things, and not everyone is attracted to the same things.  What's unfortunate is we cannot even have this discussion anymore, because people will accuse you of being a bigot if you question whether homosexuality is abnormal behavior.   

I chose to be straight when I was born with an X and a Y, just like every other dude who was born that way with a normal genetic makeup. 

I don't need conclusive proof that being gay is a choice.  Because we know heterosexuality is, as Tony said, the "default sexual orientation for humans," I'd need to see conclusive evidence that homosexuality is genetic. 

Think about it:  if homosexuality was genetic, we'd have proof of this by now.  I'm sure people have been all over the issue, searching, researching, etc.  But there's nothing that I've ever seen proving that homosexuality is genetic.   

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
I'd say that the way nature intended it, from a reproducing the species standpoint, that straight would be the "default" orientation. That said, I could care less what someone does behind closed doors, and think the real travesty here is that gays that can't be married don't reap the tax benefit of filing together. Other than that, who cares?

Quoting my own post meltdown.  ;D

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
Tony is correct.  Takes a degree of intellectual dishonesty to argue that heterosexual behavior isn't the normal behavior for humans.  Of course it is.  

I agree. Being a Mod on Getbig is more abnormal than homosexuality. This thread has no bearings on public policy, discrimination laws, constitutional law, morality, social norms, etc. It is merely stating a (trivial) fact: (Very) few people are homosexuals.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I agree. Being a Mod on Getbig is more abnormal than homosexuality. This thread has no bearings on public policy, discrimination laws, constitutional law, morality, social norms, etc. It is merely stating a (trivial) fact: (Very) few people are homosexuals.

He asked a simple a question.  What he got in response was a Bill Clinton "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is."  I think people who already have a certain mindset on the broader issue of GLBT etc. rights don't want to confront that very simple question, because they probably believe it will undermine their attempt to legitimize behavior. 

The fact there are very few homosexuals in the human population isn't what makes the behavior abnormal.  It's the act itself, whether it's done by 1 or 10 percent of the population. 

Does this have a bearing on public policy? In reality, no, because the debate is over.  We have already given GLBT etc. the same treatment as other "suspect classes" (race, religion, national origin, etc.), so it doesn't really matter anymore whether anyone thinks the behavior is normal or not.  Society has turned the corner on this stuff.  For example, you're going to see Republicans falling like dominoes on homosexual marriage. 

But should it have a bearing?  Probably, because other than religion, we have not given lifestyle choices the same protection as race, color, etc.  Not saying lifestyle choices are not entitled to protection.  Just that the analysis is different.  Or at least it should be. 

But like I said, moot point.  Except for discussion boards.   :)

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
The fact there are very few homosexuals in the human population isn't what makes the behavior abnormal.  It's the act itself, whether it's done by 1 or 10 percent of the population.   

But should it have a bearing?  Probably, because other than religion, we have not given lifestyle choices the same protection as race, color, etc.  Not saying lifestyle choices are not entitled to protection.  Just that the analysis is different.  Or at least it should be. 

But like I said, moot point.  Except for discussion boards.   :)

So modding getbig.com is an abnormal behavior then. So is playing in the New York philharmonic. These are abnormal behaviors (using the criteria set out by Tony in this thread, with which I agreed (but said was trivial)). The "choice" thing does not matter in this thread and is not related to this thread topic. This thread is purely sociological (descriptive). Many actions are abnormal behaviors under this rule. Reading this specific post is a more abnormal behavior than homosexuality (probably less than 20 humans will ever do it). Once again: So what?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
If normality isnt important to the public debate then why have the gay rights advocates tried so hard to normalize the behavior?

religion doesnt have a biological content to my knowledge, one could argue that monogamy does and certainly basketball skills and musical talents.

Yes lebron james has abnormal basketball skills, mozart had abnormal musical talent....AND YES HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABNORMAL HUMAN TRAIT...

again you think that its widely accepted the homosexuality is abnormal but ITS not with those that push its agenda.

And yes if your stance is that b/c its biological it should be legal the you should also look at it that same biological light and admit its abnormal behavior.

what you or anyone else thinks is "normal" or "abnormal" is totally irrelevant

I'm sure there are many people to this day who think it's abnormal for a white person to marry a black person