Author Topic: Anyone watching The Ten Commandments?  (Read 3832 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Anyone watching The Ten Commandments?
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 06:49:13 PM »
So then, does this make you part Catholic and part Jew? A "Cashew" as it were.

Yes...and...No.

My father was Catholic, but certainly not a devout Catholic. I never had a Catholic baptism, communion or confirmation, as some of my friends and family did. Instead, I was indoctrinated in the ways of Judaism, Brit Miklah & Bar Mitzvah included.  

I have spent much time in Catholic churches though and made many a good friend of Catholic priests, while growing up. I used to play chess with a Catholic priest when I was a young boy down in Manhattan's Washington Square park. From him, I learned that God wasn't as simple as the various faiths make him out to be and that, unlike us mere mortals, he isn't petty or particular in who he is able to love, forgive or accept by his side.

As for the film in question, I have it on Laser Disc and Blu Ray.  The same is true of Ben Hur.  While I have seen both silent versions, I much prefer the talkies.  Both Heston and Brynner were extremely handsome men and Yvonne DeCarlo was a truly great beauty.  I am also much enamored with both Nina Foch and Anne Baxter and to a slightly lesser degree, Debra Paget.

Both were excellent films! I agree in that Heston and Brynner were both extremely handsome men and perfect for the roles.

I am also able to say that as a young man, I found Anne Baxter to be quite gorgeous and very seductive.

Glad to see you my friend,
"1"

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 07:38:10 PM »
I've been around. This is Passover week for us, as you probably know, and I've had to partake in some of the festivities.

That said, there are many "things" brewing around GetBig and a lot that is going on behind the scenes. Expect a great deal of excitement over the next couple of months.

I am not sure where Wigglestein has been, but I am sure he is simply involved in a large business endeavour or is busy ravishing vaginas.

Aside from those things, how have you been Irongrip?

"1"

Doing well, enjoying the amount of posts of yours in this thread, as I get a kick out of reading them as George Michael.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 06:01:01 AM »
The 'Zen Commandments' - I really want to read that book.  Anybody here read it and want to give a brief synopsis.

V

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 06:07:14 AM »
LET MY PETER GROW!

I love Heston and I think he was one of the greatest actor of his generation....."Ben-Hur" was Colossal and is one of my all time favorite Flick

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 09:23:16 PM »

Charleton Heston does not look Jewish at all.

Cecil B. Demille cast Heston as Moses because he felt he had a resemblance to a statue of Moses sculpted by Michelangelo(not the turtle).