Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman - in his prime, could someone defeat him in an MMA fight?  (Read 23094 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Yeah and Was ahead of his time...he Was as you Know a bodybuiling fan too.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Defeat him? I would even be hesitant to look at him the wrong way if I saw this coming towards me.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!

Defeat him? I would even be hesitant to look at him the wrong way if I saw this coming towards me.

You mean if he walked backwards in your direction.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die

no kidding

all these dojo warriors must be fearless

i almost shat my pants if i saw him in 2011 april when he was but a fraction of his prime self

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
no kidding

all these dojo warriors must be fearless

i almost shat my pants if i saw him in 2011 april when he was but a fraction of his prime self

Just being honest. Who's to impress here... that shit is scary.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
I have a martial arts background, and consider myself pretty well skilled and very fit and strong, but i have to laugh at all these 'fighters' who think cos they train some MMA or muay thai, that they can take on anyone ::) . Anything can happen in a real fight, your martial arts stuff only really matters in a controlled match, a 'real' fight where its life or death is ten times harder than walking into a pre arranged match with rules...

Henda

• Getbig V
I know one thing i wouldnt want a smack in the mouth of ronnie in his prime.

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster

I haven't read through this thread but muscle takes so much
oxygen Ronnie in his prime would be gassed very quick. This season
on TUF there's a guy at 185 who's pretty muscular but it affects his
cardio. Jon Jones talked about it, and it turned out to be true.
 It is possible to be fat like Roy Nelson and have good
cardio but every fighter that's had a lot of muscle mass has had
to lose quite a bit to get the conditioning needed for MMA.
Shane Carwin used to be huge when he first started but lost quite a bit of muscle mass.
(Still was a big guy though - Same with Brock compared to WWE.
Mark Coleman used to gas when he was champ because of his muscle mass.
I actually think muscle takes more oxygen then fat, that's why some chubby
guys have great cardio. I've never seen a hyper muscular guy with great
MMA cardio.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Shane Carwin used to be huge when he first started but lost quite a bit of muscle mass.
MMA cardio.

Thats basically it. Muscle is not dead weight that just requires your other muscles to haul it around. Muscle cells need oxygen and energy, way more then fat cells so in a fight even if you are not seriously using some of your muscle groups they will still put a "drag force" on your heart, making you gas faster.
all drugs - TPPIIP

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
Re: do you think you could defeat prime ronnie in an MMA fight?
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
Sapp (with very little  fighting experience )  beat  4 time K-1 World Champion kickboxing legend  E. Hoost  not once but twice .

We are not talking about Sapp, we are talking about Ronnie. Sapp is a legit fighter. Ronnie is not.

well i like panties but you i am starting to dislike you my friend. you are a piss taking little shit.

+1

That's because your a beta bitch. Size means nothing.

I have a martial arts background, and consider myself pretty well skilled and very fit and strong, but i have to laugh at all these 'fighters' who think cos they train some MMA or muay thai, that they can take on anyone ::) . Anything can happen in a real fight, your martial arts stuff only really matters in a controlled match, a 'real' fight where its life or death is ten times harder than walking into a pre arranged match with rules...

Tai Bo is no real martial arts dipshit. You think MT or MMA is not useful in real world fight? Delusional kevcat is delusional & clearly, you've never trained in a real martial art that requires skill.

No one said they can take on anyone dipshit. The OP is referring to Ronnie who is a bodybuilder or did you miss that part?

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
 Lmfao!! bodybuilders don't fight. how many times do i have to say that?

Let's see in a fight against a bb is he going to kick me? no. one good kick on his legs and half of his speed is gone. those meatheads move like a turtle.

Punches? yes. but after 3 or 4 missed punches...no more gas.

Yes the bb could hurt me good if he catch me with a good punch. but... where's the speed to do that?

Going to the ground? yes. and he will be submitted.

Where's that video of Ronnie on David Letterman? the one he was running with flippers on the beach...and lost to a fat guy.

The more muscle you have, more oxygen you will need.

Just in case most of you don't believe what I'm saying... the next ASC it's going to be in Brazil.

I would like to see most of you including the pros ::). trying to start some crap here.

We could use this as an experiment to find out if bb have what it takes. how about that?

C'mon guys. 8)
Gracie Rules

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master

Let's see in a fight against a bb is he going to kick me? no. one good kick on his legs and half of his speed is gone. those meatheads move like a turtle.

Yes the bb could hurt me good if he catch me with a good punch. but... where's the speed to do that?

Where's that video of Ronnie on David Letterman? the one he was running with flippers on the beach...and lost to a fat guy.

Just in case most of you don't believe what I'm saying... the next ASC it's going to be in Brazil.

I would like to see most of you including the pros ::). trying to start some crap here.

We could use this as an experiment to find out if bb have what it takes. how about that?

C'mon guys. 8)
great post. Fighting has got nothing to do with a fat hanging gut and size.

Ropo

• Getbig IV

C'mon guys. 8)

Ok, so what you are saying is that these  BB:ers can easily lift tons of iron twice a day 7 days a week, but beating up some teen twat in the ring is too heavy for them to do? That tells everything about your intelligence. I don't say that Ronnie would be winner against some top 20 MMA guy, but against some delusional getbig- twat he could win easily. Just as easy than anybody here, because we all know what getbig MMA tough guys are made of = lots of talk and very little merits. You should lift yourself so you would know how hard that is with those heavy ass weights :)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
Ok, so what you are saying is that these  BB:ers can easily lift tons of iron twice a day 7 days a week, but beating up some teen twat in the ring is too heavy for them to do? That tells everything about your intelligence. I don't say that Ronnie would be winner against some top 20 MMA guy, but against some delusional getbig- twat he could win easily. Just as easy than anybody here, because we all know what getbig MMA tough guys are made of = lots of talk and very little merits. You should lift yourself so you would know how hard that is with those heavy ass weights :)

So you're saying that maneuver a 200 pound dumbbell = maneuver a 200 pound person?

A dumbbell is in  the form and shape do be easily maneuver. try to do the same with someone that weights 200 pounds.

And plus a how long a bb can hold 100% of its strength?  30 seconds to a minute.

Welcome to the top of the food chain. ;)
Gracie Rules

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham

So you're saying that maneuver a 200 pound dumbbell = maneuver a 200 pound person?

A dumbbell is in  the form and shape do be easily maneuver. try to do the same with someone that weights 200 pounds.

And plus a how long a bb can hold 100% of its strength?  30 seconds to a minute.

Exactly.  Just because he can hit an easy set of 12 on bench with a 200lb dumbbell in each hand doesn't mean he's going to be able to move a 200lb man with his whole body. 
Y

Sweedee

• Getbig III
My 2 cents is that a fully 6-8 weeks of conditioning training version of Ronnie could propably smash most mma fighters in the lighter division but would probably lose against anyone over 200 lbe.

Yes, after 8 weeks of training Ronald would surely dominate the majority of the UFC's 185 pounders  ;D

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Wasnt it "Fortress" who insists Derek Poundstone would "destroy" GSp,Jones, and Silva at the same time?!?!  ::) ::) ::)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
MMA cardio.

what about that really ripped black guy in K1

or mike tyson

or ken shamrock

anabolichalo

• Getbig V

you will cry for mercy after 15 seconds of prime ronnie whaling on you

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Any man can be defeated if his opponent lands a blow devastating enough to compromise his ability to fight back. In other words, any great fighter (be it Fedor, Overeem, Chuck Lidell, Tyson, Pacquiao, GSP) can be knocked out with a single punch if the person delivering it knows how to actually strike.

Do I believe that Ronnie Coleman would be capable of defeating any seasoned MMA fighter, regardless of weight? Not really.

Ronnie Coleman is NOT a fighter. Being capable of lifting 200lb dumbbells will not provide for powerful strikes, on the contrary, it goes against the training philosophy boxers do in fact have.

Big (as in pro BB big) muscles in the arms does not equate to increased punching power, it actually slows you down when trying to deliver strikes.

Big (as in pro BB big) leg muscles does not provide for better leg strikes, it actually slows you down.

Could Ronnie Coleman possibly bear hug an MMA fighter, get him to gas out and then start pounding his head in? ABSOLUTELY.

The question is whether or not he can get the MMA fighter in such a predicament. I believe the MMA fighter would simply outbox him to the point where Ronnie would become much too tired and collapse due to over exhaustion.

If it goes to the ground and it is skilled MMA fighter, he would simply submit Ronnie by way of a choke or limb lock.

All that said, anything can happen in a street fight. I wouldn't underestimate anyone and do believe that one solid punch is all it takes to defeat anyone. So, whether Ronnie could defeat an MMA fighter is possible, but I peg it as highly improbable.

Again, this is just the opinion of a lonely gay man in the desert with nothing but his cock to chop down cactuses with for water.

"1"

P.S. While far from a "real" fight, here is an example that the honorable Frozzor posted in which GSP has his way with a professional hockey player by the name of Georges Laraque. Mr. Laraque's height is 6'3 and he typically walks around at 243 lbs of weight. Notice how GSP flings him around the ring like a child and the professional athlete has no way to counter. Even if strikes were not thrown, it just goes to show that all that height and overall muscle mass means nothing when fighting against a professional MMA fighter that does this for a living.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
the thread title was changed by a moderator

the question was do you think YOU can defeat RC

in my case, hell no  ;D

a_pupil

• Getbig V
The twinks are talking about the thunderdome:

http://www.boxingforum24.com/showthread.php?t=468525#gsc.tab=0

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »
Look what Mirko did to big bad Bob Sapp. (2:46)  I actually think Bob started crying

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

He broke a bone behind his eye, gotta hurt! Bodybuilders make lousy fighters because 30 seconds in they would gas. Pudz, Sapp, even Shane Carwin gasses quick and he's a half decent fighter, just too damn big! You need shitloads of holds and bars and inventive shit up your sleeve once the "throw loads of big slow punches" plan doesn't work, which doesn't on most of the MMA world.

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2013, 02:44:12 PM »
6 years of MT, any day of the week without even cracking a sweat. Have not actually done any MMA training, but I'm still 100% confident I could take him in an MMA fight.

Do you think you could?

You watched "The Karate Kid" movies on repeat growing up?.

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
RICH PIANA mma hahaha and tore his knee