Author Topic: how lean can one be and still function normally for the long-term?  (Read 2460 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: how lean can one be and still function normally for the long-term?
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 04:25:07 PM »
What do you mean by "function"  normally for the long term ?

like not being hungry and irritable (possibly for not ideal hormonal functioning) and not being prone to nagging injuries

it's rather well known that females need to not stay under 12% in order for their proper hormonal functioning

from what i've read essential fat for men is 3% but who the fuck even ever hits 3%

when i was @ sub-7 for extended periods of time i was very active running 2-3 miles per day 5-6 days per week and lifting 5-6 days per week as well, and at that time i ate junk ie. fries, cheesburgers, pizzas, etc

but i didn't eat ALOT of that junk, maybe a big mac and medium fry and medium coke and then 2 tacos later on in the day

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 04:25:44 PM »
still on superdrol and i basically just take 10 mg on workout days ie. 4-5 days per week and i take a full week off every 6 weeks or so

yeah i had a complete blood profile back in november and everything checked out ok :) (and back then i was on 20 mg per day 3 weeks on/1 week off)

Those check ups are WAY more important then people realize, you can look good and even feel good and still be unhealthy. Friend of mine had a close call recently but the doc caught it in time.

BTW you do realize that even though methyl masteron (superdrol) definitely works, just a low dose of straight test would be better for you in the long run.

i don't buy this man

i've @ sub-7 for well over 6 months a few different times with no ill effects

Size has a lot to do with it. My brother is an endurance athlete (smaller guy) and he has no visible fat...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 04:30:21 PM »
Those check ups are WAY more important then people realize, you can look good and even feel good and still be unhealthy. Friend of mine had a close call recently but the doc caught it in time.

BTW you do realize that even though methyl masteron (superdrol) definitely works, just a low dose of straight test would be better for you in the long run.

Size has a lot to do with it. My brother is an endurance athlete (smaller guy) and he has no visible fat...

interesting what you say about size there

so do you think more massive guys can't stay at and handle low bodyfat levels as well as slimmer guys can?

i never really thought about it that way, but you could have a very good and valid point actaully

and yeah i know that test would be a better choice for me, but i just refuse to inject

maybe i'll try turnibol sometime soon though or even var

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 04:32:45 PM »
like not being hungry and irritable (possibly for not ideal hormonal functioning) and not being prone to nagging injuries

Yeah I know what you mean...I get lethargy, mood swings, lowered libido, lower quality of sleep and those god awful cravings to binge.

It has to be different for everyone ...a permabulker will start to feel these effects a lot sooner than someone who stays lean all the time.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »
hahaha I love people who think they can get to 5 % natural ;D
::)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013, 04:38:24 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean...I get lethargy, mood swings, lowered libido, lower quality of sleep and those god awful cravings to binge.

It has to be different for everyone ...a permabulker will start to feel these effects a lot sooner than someone who stays lean all the time.

in my experience this happens while ones getting lean/ripped due to the low cals, but then once the ideal bodyfat level is reached it gets much easier coz you can go back up to higher cals and maintain your low level of bodyfat

for example i'll have to go down to 1500-1800 cals to get ripped but then once i'm @ 6-7% then i can go back up to 2500-2800 and stay @ 6-7% or at least i sure as hell hope so lol

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 04:43:23 PM »
isnt it tiresome when ppl "know better" bc they heard it from gh15? ::)

Yeah ,  but DJ181 looks 10X better than you ,I hope this helps.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 04:45:44 PM »
interesting what you say about size there

so do you think more massive guys can't stay at and handle low bodyfat levels as well as slimmer guys can?

and yeah i know that test would be a better choice for me, but i just refuse to inject

Absolutely yes.

PS. Injecting is nothing after you've done it a few times.

luloamies, always wanted to say, i find your contributions very valueable and always enjoyed reading them, long before i joined here,btw.

Thanks man!
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 04:46:41 PM »
in my experience this happens while ones getting lean/ripped due to the low cals, but then once the ideal bodyfat level is reached it gets much easier coz you can go back up to higher cals and maintain your low level of bodyfat

for example i'll have to go down to 1500-1800 cals to get ripped but then once i'm @ 6-7% then i can go back up to 2500-2800 and stay @ 6-7% or at least i sure as hell hope so lol

I can now cut on 2600 and maintain on 2600-3200 without any fat gain.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2013, 04:50:43 PM »

Increasing calories definitely helps me mood wise but until I get a little higher in bf I still have the other symptoms I mentioned. The body fights you and wants to put on fat so it can function the way it normally does. People talk about a set point and being able to re establish that and I think there is some truth to that. After maintaining a certain bodyfat level for a long time I think your body will adapt. For me going under 7% is when the problems usually start now...before it was much higher.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2013, 04:54:31 PM »
Increasing calories definitely helps me mood wise but until I get a little higher in bf I still have the other symptoms I mentioned. The body fights you and wants to put on fat so it can function the way it normally does. People talk about a set point and being able to re establish that and I think there is some truth to that. After maintaining a certain bodyfat level for a long time I think your body will adapt. For me going under 7% is when the problems usually start now...before it was much higher.

there could be something to this set point theory

when i was a punkass in high school i was a avid track and cross country man and i was ripped for 4 years straight weighing all of 128-135 @ 5'11"  :D :D :D

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 05:01:36 PM »
there could be something to this set point theory

when i was a punkass in high school i was a avid track and cross country man and i was ripped for 4 years straight weighing all of 128-135 @ 5'11"  :D :D :D

massive

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2013, 05:05:47 PM »
yup, i said above i feel the same.when the body has fat on it, low calories seems like no problem whatsoever.

Yeah and your comment about being able to eat very little when one is fat is so true. Also, even the people who recommend a "refeed" advise them to ones who are already lean and the leaner he/she is the more frequent they should be.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »

prizm

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 05:33:48 PM »
I can't remember exactly but I think he died from drugs. Not bodybuilding drugs but party drugs.

His brother said he was in a massage parlor and told the masseuse he needed to sit down for a minute and was feeling light headed...she came back and he never woke up again. He was on coke in thailand for sure but his brother won't release the info on what else was in his blood. He also said at one point that zyzz's body was bruised and bloody...don't know what came of that

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2013, 05:43:42 PM »