Author Topic: does time keep going faster the older you get? how fast does a year go by at 40?  (Read 5602 times)

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
Thinking about starting an anabolichalo fan club

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
According to what I read a while back your grandpa is right.  From what remember a big transition in perception happens around 25.

I agree. I stopped caring at 25. At 26 I could easily see facial changes... :'( As you get older, you HAVE to do a lot cardio and eat healthy all year around in order to keep up with the youth, and look remotely good.

The best age period was defintly 18 - 24. Man I used to kick so much ass in the gym back in the day with furious energy/stamina! Not that I cant keep up anymore, but its just not the same. The fire is gone, and I dont even lift weights more than 1 time every 2-3 weeks just to maintain because I dont want to get fat. The good news though is that it takes so little effort to keep the muscles/strength I have, so I never have to worry to lose it.

The older you get, the faster time flyes. Remember when we were kids and how slow everything seemed?

lulu

• Getbig III
Time is finite... It does not pass any quicker at any time... You just have more to reference against a day as you get older.

this

cephissus

• Getbig V
I agree. I stopped caring at 25. At 26 I could easily see facial changes... :'( As you get older, you HAVE to do a lot cardio and eat healthy all year around in order to keep up with the youth, and look remotely good.

The best age period was defintly 18 - 24. Man I used to kick so much ass in the gym back in the day with furious energy/stamina! Not that I cant keep up anymore, but its just not the same. The fire is gone, and I dont even lift weights more than 1 time every 2-3 weeks just to maintain because I dont want to get fat. The good news though is that it takes so little effort to keep the muscles/strength I have, so I never have to worry to lose it.

The older you get, the faster time flyes. Remember when we were kids and how slow everything seemed?

is that you in your avatar?

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance

cephissus

• Getbig V

Yes

do you still look the same, just working out once every two-three weeks?

natural?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
32 now and no idea how that happened. When I date girls of my age all these c/unts seem to worry about is babies, marriage and ever after. And in myself I still feel 18 and all that is stuff grown ups worry about. However I think for most guys this will always be the case. We just don't ever feel ready until one day she turns up with a bump and a smile. At that point shit gets very real and you leave behind the glory of youth and that's pretty much it for you and a carefree life.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die

natural?
he is probably a shadow of what he used to be

natural hormone levels decline nothing you can do

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
32 now and no idea how that happened. When I date girls of my age all these c/unts seem to worry about is babies, marriage and ever after. And in myself I still feel 18 and all that is stuff grown ups worry about. However I think for most guys this will always be the case. We just don't ever feel ready until one day she turns up with a bump and a smile. At that point shit gets very real and you leave behind the glory of youth and that's pretty much it for you and a carefree life.

this happened to me

at 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and in fact i was still 24 when it happened (baby still inside)

i'm totally fucked up about it

it gave me some sort of midlife crisis to the point i started steroids out of the blue

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Henda

• Getbig V
this happened to me

at 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and in fact i was still 24 when it happened

24, that is the exact age i was when i got the same news that the girl i was having sex with was pregnant.
Rather than starting steroids i drank daily for a few months.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
24, that is the exact age i was when i got the same news that the girl i was having sex with was pregnant.
Rather than starting steroids i drank daily for a few months.
worst part is she miscarried and i knocked her up again because i didnt have the ballz to tell her to fuck off i dont want no kids

:-\

my friend was a bad influence in this story

he confessed now that he didnt want to suffer alone (he also has a kid recently) and tricked me

:(

:'(

Henda

• Getbig V
worst part is she miscarried and i knocked her up again because i didnt have the ballz to tell her to fuck off i dont want no kids

my friend was a bad influence in this story

he confessed now that he didnt want to suffer alone (he also has a kid recently) and tricked me

:(

:'(

I cant say anything i spent years convincing my workmate to knock his lass up so he would suffer also. It worked too.

I know it seems like the end of the world now but you do get used to it. Just takes time.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
I cant say anything i spent years convincing my workmate to knock his lass up so he would suffer also. It worked too.

I know it seems like the end of the world now but you do get used to it. Just takes time.

"you get used to it" is not really saying much

people get used to being castrated, quadriplegic, blind, deaf..........

Henda

• Getbig V
"you get used to it" is not really saying much

people get used to being castrated, quadriplegic, blind, deaf..........

Before you know it they are older and doing thing for themselves and fetching you things and you will be laughing at your friends who are just getting their girls pregnant while your hard work is over and its only a few years till you get your life back

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Pretty interesting article about time perception

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2013/jan/01/psychology-time-perception-awareness-research

"From infancy onwards babies must come to grips with a world marked by recurrent time patterns, learning the length of time, or duration, associated with the various actions they experience every day," says Professor Sylvie Droit-Volet, at the Social and Cognitive Psychology Laboratory (Lapsco) at Blaise Pascal University, Clermont Ferrand, France. "They react, become agitated or cry, when something they expect does not occur on time: when the mobile over their bed stops turning earlier than usual, when their mother takes too long preparing a feed," she adds.

Very young children "live in time" before gaining an awareness of its passing. They are only able to estimate time correctly if they are made to pay attention to it, experiencing time in terms of how long it takes to do something. "For a three-year-old, time is multifaceted, specifically related to each action," Droit-Volet explains. At the age of five or six a child is able to transpose the duration it has learned to associate with a particular action (pressing a rubber ball) to another (pulling on a lever). "They begin to realise that a single time continuum exists separately from individual actions," she adds.
A

Eric2

• Getbig IV
 If your worried about it going fast, lose your job sit on a side walk with a piece of cardboard and get a tan, pretty sure that should slow shit down some. ;D
h

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance

natural?

Im ripped to shreds in that pic after 7 months of hard dieting so of course not, but yes I am able to maintain decent size and strength with decent bodyfat. Mind the other fuckboy, it is much easier to stay big as a natural than the steroid chumps... And Im just as good now as I was back in 2006-2007 which is when that pic was taken. Thats when I really hit my natural mark, and Ive maintained it ever since. Ive actually got real quality muscle built consistently over a decade, and nothing is going to take that away from me. Its going to stay here wheter I like it or not. And thats that.

cephissus

• Getbig V
Im ripped to shreds in that pic after 7 months of hard dieting so of course not, but yes I am able to maintain decent size and strength with decent bodyfat. Mind the other fuckboy, it is much easier to stay big as a natural than the steroid chumps... And Im just as good now as I was back in 2006-2007 which is when that pic was taken. Thats when I really hit my natural mark, and Ive maintained it ever since. Ive actually got real quality muscle built consistently over a decade, and nothing is going to take that away from me. Its going to stay here wheter I like it or not. And thats that.

thanks for the reply stud, looking good (i'm sure).

BigCyp

• Getbig V
if i find time slipping by too fast

i read some of your posts

Hahaha

I read some to my son when he can't sleep

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task

You reach your 40's and you really put up with less bullshit when meeting women.  In your 20's you can overlook a lot of the annoyances that are displayed or uncovered.  I had met this woman for coffee last year and I couldn't tolerate more than 30 mins.  I literally looked for a clock, then said "Well, I think this should be wrapped up" shook her hand and left.  When I was younger I am damn sure I would have tried to find some way of sticking it out if there was a chance of getting laid.

MikMaq

Between 17-20 your memories start fixing.

Each memory from age 17-50+ will be of equal importance. So you start collecting memories, without a strong sense of time associated to them.

Up until that point each memory is directly linked to physical process.

I.E. if your memories are a DVD collection, any memory pre17-18 will look dated, and any after 20 will be hard to seperate as they don't date as quickly.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
You reach your 40's and you really put up with less bullshit when meeting women.  In your 20's you can overlook a lot of the annoyances that are displayed or uncovered.  I had met this woman for coffee last year and I couldn't tolerate more than 30 mins.  I literally looked for a clock, then said "Well, I think this should be wrapped up" shook her hand and left.  When I was younger I am damn sure I would have tried to find some way of sticking it out if there was a chance of getting laid.

Brutal!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15

I'm still a young guy!  I'll turn 38 this summer, BUT I can definitely see a difference between 28 and 38.  Plus, like you from 18 to 24 I was also an absolute beast in the gym....I miss the days of all out, carefree, go until you die intensity and consistency.  Today, everytime I press anything I pull a muscle in my chest, back or shoulder LOL.   I plan to keep on training as long as I can, but things will be different with each new decade.  I don't long for my early 20s, but I did enjoy being able to do some of things I did then and really that's more about consistency and intensity....I'm actually stronger today.  Too bad my body can't take the punishment like it used to.  That's why they call em the "glory days".

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Brutal!

Was that being too much of a dick?  The conversation was going no where.  At one point she told me her daughter was into 'cutting' herself and getting therapy.  She told me her ex husband was into coke.  For me, exit stage left

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Was that being too much of a dick?  The conversation was going no where.  At one point she told me her daughter was into 'cutting' herself and getting therapy.  She told me her ex husband was into coke.  For me, exit stage left

It worked didn't it?  ;D