Author Topic: Attention Grape Ape and other Yankee fans.  (Read 1975 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Attention Grape Ape and other Yankee fans.
« on: April 01, 2013, 02:23:45 PM »
These are your chances for making the playoffs this year:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Attention Grape Ape and other Yankee fans.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
Does that symbol equate to 56%, because that's what I have.

There's no runaway team in the AL East.  NY/TB/Toronto all have a shot at the playoffs.

But, I'm not going to cry about it like other Yankee fans who can't handle their team not being a virtual lock for the postseason for the first time in 19 years.
Y

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 12:19:36 PM »
Does that symbol equate to 56%, because that's what I have.

There's no runaway team in the AL East.  NY/TB/Toronto all have a shot at the playoffs.

But, I'm not going to cry about it like other Yankee fans who can't handle their team not being a virtual lock for the postseason for the first time in 19 years.

They will be tearing it up once you get all your bats back off the DL. Sabbathia got alot of strike outs yesterday.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »
They will be tearing it up once you get all your bats back off the DL. Sabbathia got alot of strike outs yesterday.

Yeah, that's a big if.  But you're right, getting back Granderson/Jeter/Teixeira, a possibly healthy ARod, and even Pineda will make this team the favorites again.

Sabathia is still building arm strength after surgery.  He was 89-91, maxing out at 92.  He needs to sit at 91 and max at 94.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 04:06:28 PM »
Yanks will be lucky to finish third in the East this year. Maybe the fans should start asking Cashman about all the shitty contracts he is responsible for.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 05:36:51 PM »
Yanks will be lucky to finish third in the East this year. Maybe the fans should start asking Cashman about all the shitty contracts he is responsible for.

What shitty contracts is he responsible for?   As for third, they will not be lucky to finish there, as they are easily better than Baltimore and Boston, when healthy.    TB and  Toronto are not guaranteed to be better either.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 05:41:34 PM »
What shitty contracts is he responsible for?   As for third, they will not be lucky to finish there, as they are easily better than Baltimore and Boston, when healthy.    TB and  Toronto are not guaranteed to be better either.
Arod?  Wells? Rivera? Pettite? Jeter? Ichiro? Most of the Yankees are either too old or injury prone. They are too loyal.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »
Arod?  Wells? Rivera? Pettite? Jeter? Ichiro? Most of the Yankees are either too old or injury prone. They are too loyal.

Where to start.

ARod:  Not Cashman's signing.  He wanted to let him walk when the 07 opt out happened, signed back by Steinbrenner/Levine
Wells:  Anaheim eating most of the salary, Yanks only on the hook for payment this year, no luxury tax impact next year.  Harmless to them, with upside and made necessary by injury.
Rivera:  One year deal, year to year, still elite.  No problems or long term impact.  Legacy HoF player
Pettitte:  One year deals, earned it last year.
Jeter:  No choice but to overpay, but earned it last year easily.  Didn't give into original demands. Legacy HoF player
Ichiro:  I don't like him on a two year deal at all, but it's short money.

Anyway, Rivera, Jeter and Pettitte are still performing, they haven't fallen off a cliff.  The Yankees should be lauded for keeping the group together - it doesn't happen anymore.

You should have said Teixeira.  But, even then, that's what he cost, and Boston set the market.

As for being old and hurt - Granderson and Teixeira's injuries aren't age related and they're not old.  ARod's is due to a defect too.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 12:15:23 PM »
Orioles picked to finish 4th in the AL East by Sports Illustrated. Such a tough division.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 04:16:31 AM »
Orioles picked to finish 4th in the AL East by Sports Illustrated. Such a tough division.

Yeah, I have them fighting for the cellar with Boston.  Flukey win totals in one run games last year contributed to their record being as good as it was - don't see it being repeated with their pitching.

They have some good potential with guys like Weiters, Machado and Jones, etc....but they need arms.

It IS possible that all five teams stay mashed together until September though.....
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 11:56:34 AM »
So far so good for the Yanks 8)