Author Topic: Does anyone else get this (the dumb things people say)  (Read 4434 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Does anyone else get this (the dumb things people say)
« on: April 01, 2013, 03:42:37 PM »
I find people say the dumbest things when they see someone who is big and muscular aside from the usual :
how big are your arms?
how much do you bench?
what do you take?

I find people try to take you out of your field so they think they can "best" you for what reason i don't know must be an ego thing.

I was in a fitness studio doing some paperwork not long ago, while there a former british champion in his 50's was trianing a client.  Soon as i walked in he started the usual, arms and drugs talk, I set him straight about the drugs talk (something I find very rude) he shut up and went back to training his client.  He then came out with "i bet you couldnt run 5 miles... ??? ??? ??? at this point i just ignored him.

it made me think though, how come i never walked up to him when i walked in and asked him if he could bench 400+ or deadlift 600????

or row 350
 ??? ??? ???

anyone else get people like this...

choice is an illusion

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Does anyone else get this (the dumb things people say)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »
I find people say the dumbest things when they see someone who is big and muscular aside from the usual :
how big are your arms?
how much do you bench?
what do you take?

I find people try to take you out of your field so they think they can "best" you for what reason i don't know must be an ego thing.

I was in a fitness studio doing some paperwork not long ago, while there a former british champion in his 50's was trianing a client.  Soon as i walked in he started the usual, arms and drugs talk, I set him straight about the drugs talk (something I find very rude) he shut up and went back to training his client.  He then came out with "i bet you couldnt run 5 miles... ??? ??? ??? at this point i just ignored him.

it made me think though, how come i never walked up to him when i walked in and asked him if he could bench 400+ or deadlift 600????

or row 350
 ??? ??? ???

All the time, usually from ugly guys who know they wouldn't stand a chance against me with a woman.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
Ridiculous but the thing on people's mind always seem to be, what I bench. It's like common bro practice that you need to disclose your bench press number if they suspect you of going to a gym. I don't even know if they mean one rep max or what I actually do bench with regularly and I never ask, because it's just so silly!

ukjeff

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 03:51:36 PM »
Just tell them you dont train.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 03:59:05 PM »
Just tell them you dont train.

;D ;D ;D.... I might use that .... ;D ;D ;D
choice is an illusion

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 04:33:01 PM »
Some people are just pieces of shit who have to be better than everybody at everything, its not limited to lifting. Tell them anything and they will have seen/heard/done better

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 07:57:20 PM »
Of course but that's nothing.  I regularly underwent that experience to a far greater degree back in high school.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 08:05:34 PM »
I always get asked in person how much I bench and I always tell them 225, then that stops the rest of the stupid questions, if I tell them the truth then a dozen more questions come so 225 ends that conversation ;)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 08:06:47 PM »
I always get asked in person how much I bench and I always tell them 225, then that stops the rest of the stupid questions, if I tell them the truth then a dozen more questions come so 225 ends that conversation ;)
How much do you bench then?  :D
follow the arrows

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 08:08:53 PM »
How much do you bench then?  :D
225 ;D

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 08:14:40 PM »

So does this mean you dont tell them you bench a 100.....cause your right...a moster like you should be 400 plus...i would stick to the 225 story!!

:D  ;D
Mr. AZ 2003

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 08:17:27 PM »
So does this mean you dont tell them you bench a 100.....cause your right...a moster like you should be 400 plus...i would stick to the 225 story!!

:D  ;D
my best ever (if you promise not to tell  ;D) is 515lb on the flat, raw ,no one touching the bar, hitting my chest and locking out, no pause at the bottom though, it was a pretty hard bounce.

On decline I have done 565 for a double but decline is way easier.

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »
Not sure what the problem here is. You take steroids to be big/massive larger than nature intended to attract attention to yourself. Then when you get it, your offended  ???

Notsureifsrs...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 08:35:15 PM »
Not sure what the problem here is. You take steroids to be big/massive larger than nature intended to attract attention to yourself. Then when you get it, your offended  ???

Notsureifsrs...
No I do not become a monster for people to look at me in public, sorry you are dead wrong, in fact I am often embarrassed and like spending a fraction of my year small or smaller.

I do not mind other people that lift look and take interest and people at the gym but normal people looking at me fucken sucks. And I sure as hell will not flex when a stranger asks me too in public.

I love to lift, I love bodybuilding and hopefully can jump on stage again but public attention fucken blows.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 08:44:59 PM »
my best ever (if you promise not to tell  ;D) is 515lb on the flat, raw ,no one touching the bar, hitting my chest and locking out, no pause at the bottom though, it was a pretty hard bounce.

On decline I have done 565 for a double but decline is way easier.

Nice!!!   I knew it was up there!!..

485 w very quick pause flat. 405 natty.

Mr. AZ 2003

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 08:47:03 PM »
No I do not become a monster for people to look at me in public, sorry you are dead wrong, in fact I am often embarrassed and like spending a fraction of my year small or smaller.

I do not mind other people that lift look and take interest and people at the gym but normal people looking at me fucken sucks. And I sure as hell will not flex when a stranger asks me too in public.

I love to lift, I love bodybuilding and hopefully can jump on stage again but public attention fucken blows.

I agree with you and support you 100 percent.  That being said.why dont you kindly hand over those wheels!!
Mr. AZ 2003

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 08:53:17 PM »

I understand your love of bodybuilding, believe me I do (I'm the same). But if you choose to take bodybuilding to the next level which you have, you know full well what your in for. That includes attracting attention both good & bad.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 08:57:33 PM »
I understand your love of bodybuilding, believe me I do (I'm the same). But if you choose to take bodybuilding to the next level which you have, you know full well what your in for. That includes attracting attention both good & bad.
agree 100% but that is why I wear long sleeve buttom shirts, they always make you look smaller.

Nice!!!   I knew it was up there!!..

485 w very quick pause flat. 405 natty.

You got me beat on the natural lift though, the highest I got was 365 with no PED in me

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
agree 100% but that is why I wear long sleeve buttom shirts, they always make you look smaller.

When you get to your level of largeness, it doesn't really matter what you wear your still going to attract attention because your huge & without fat guts. So automatically people think that looks strange to be that big without being fat & lean face ect..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 09:01:36 PM »
I agree with you and support you 100 percent.  That being said.why dont you kindly hand over those wheels!!
I will gladly trade you wheels at the moment, lmao cause that means you get my torn hamstring along with it  ;D

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 09:19:14 PM »
Hmmm......partial tear....??? CAUSE ILL BUY IT IF ITS PARTIAL..

Ill just always face people head on....they will never notice...with those sweeps and garden hose vains...they will have a hard time looking around the tear drop...jst gotta angle myyself right.

;D
Mr. AZ 2003

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 09:39:16 PM »
Hmmm......partial tear....??? CAUSE ILL BUY IT IF ITS PARTIAL..

Ill just always face people head on....they will never notice...with those sweeps and gardn hose vaims...they will have a hard time looking around the tear drop...jst gotta angleyself right.

;D
lol, thanks bro, but I am going crazy not being able to deadlift or squats or even rows for that matter so I am training once a weak only and I and off the gear for at least 2 more months then I am coming back with a vengeance   :D

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 09:42:13 PM »
Thats  my boy!!!

But the offer still stands if you part with them..
Mr. AZ 2003

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »
Thats  my boy!!!

But the offer still stands if you part with them..
I am flattered but your physique kills mine bro, you are dam well holding your own against Dugdale and he did not look much different when he turned pro either and you are a hell of a poser too. How about some of those pics ;)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 10:04:56 PM »
how big are your arms?
how much do you bench?
what do you take?

or row 350
 ??? ??? ???

So you admitted that you're a user and finally told the truth?
X