Author Topic: "Killing Them Softly:" awesome politically charged movie....  (Read 1078 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
"Killing Them Softly:" awesome politically charged movie....
« on: April 01, 2013, 04:10:49 PM »
***Spoiler alert***

Final lines from the movie are below... poetic beauty.

________________________ ________________________ __________

Barack Obama (on TV): ...to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, that, out of many, we are one...

Driver: You hear that line? Line's for you

Jackie Cogan: Don't make me laugh. One people. It's a myth created by Thomas Jefferson.

Driver: Oh, so now you're going to have a go at Jefferson, huh?

Jackie Cogan: My friend, Thomas Jefferson is an American saint. Because he wrote the words all men are created equal, words he clearly didn't believe since he allowed his own children to live in slavery.

Jackie Cogan: He's a rich wine snob who's sick of paying taxes to the brits. So, yeah, he writes some lovely words and aroused the rabble and they went and died for for those words.

Jackie Cogan: This guy wants to tell me we're living in a community? Don't make me laugh. I'm living in America, and in America you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: "Killing Them Softly:" awesome politically charged movie....
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 07:06:45 PM »
Wait a minute.  Are you telling me that there is a Hollywood movie full of leftist political ideology, that goes out of it's way to trash America and it's founding fathers?  I'm shocked.  Absolutely shocked.   ::)

It reminds me of the one starring George Clooney or Sean Penn, or Matt Damon, Ben Affleck or whoever in which an American President, Senator, military officer, cop or head of the CIA was corrupt and evil.  I can't remember the title because there have been about 500 movies made in the last 15 years that fit that description.

That is why I refuse to go to the movies and pay to watch this crap.  Hollywood is a liberal echo chamber full of self important wannabe activists patting themselves on the back.  Fuck them and fuck their propaganda movies.   

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 03:45:42 AM »
I just rented this movie, and it sucked. Never mind the political undertones, it was just a bad movie. But yes, at the end when Pitt tells that dude he wants his money, it was a good line, but not worth the two hours wasted watching the movie. I've been batting 1.000 lately on shitty redbox movies.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 04:58:23 AM »
I base my world view on scripted movie lines, too.  ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 10:22:33 AM »
I read the reviews before watching the movie and thought it would suck, but reviews and I haven't always agreed and the premise and trailer seemed ok. Damn.. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 11:42:48 AM »
Well, guess I won't be watching this movie.... Can't stand movies where the writer/director tries to use his flick as a medium to push a political agenda.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »
Well, guess I won't be watching this movie.... Can't stand movies where the writer/director tries to use his flick as a medium to push a political agenda.

And an ignorant agenda to boot.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 02:30:33 PM »
I base my world view on scripted movie lines, too.  ::)

+1

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 05:34:26 PM »
Might need to lighten up folks. Buncha fools get shot in the face in the movie. That's a plus.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 05:55:33 PM »
Might need to lighten up folks. Buncha fools get shot in the face in the movie. That's a plus.

Yeah, but the premise of the movie is terrible and while not exactly hard to follow, it just seems to be written in a disorganized manor. Dude was kind of cold blooded, but wtf was James gandolfini doing in the movie. It was dumb, as if this guy was trying to make it a little "Tanrintino-esqu" by bringing in a bunch of pointless dialogue, only Quinten makes it work. I'd give it a 4 on a scale of 1-10, but to each his own.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 06:37:35 PM »
Yeah, but the premise of the movie is terrible and while not exactly hard to follow, it just seems to be written in a disorganized manor. Dude was kind of cold blooded, but wtf was James gandolfini doing in the movie. It was dumb, as if this guy was trying to make it a little "Tanrintino-esqu" by bringing in a bunch of pointless dialogue, only Quinten makes it work. I'd give it a 4 on a scale of 1-10, but to each his own.

hmmm... i watched it while i was really stoned...  that might have helped

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 12:00:27 AM »
I just rented this movie, and it sucked. Never mind the political undertones, it was just a bad movie. But yes, at the end when Pitt tells that dude he wants his money, it was a good line, but not worth the two hours wasted watching the movie. I've been batting 1.000 lately on shitty redbox movies.

ditto.   It ended and I was like "WTF"... that's it?    I expected gandolfini's character to hit brad pitt's dude or something... it just ended... like, really?  that's it? 

slow movie... good to have on in the background while working, but terrible for a date or something.