Author Topic: Antoine Vaillant - Ten years of hard work - got his pro card!  (Read 432622 times)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Re: Antoine Vaillant - Ten years of hard work - got his pro card!
« Reply #1075 on: March 22, 2017, 06:45:38 PM »
Good interview, gotta have some respect for the guy..he has to start literally from scratch, he lost everything and didn't go the gay4pay route, rebuilding his life a day at a time, working as a personal trainer and he still seems to be very positive and optimistic. Wish the best for him. Colossus, did you conduct the interview?

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1076 on: March 22, 2017, 08:36:17 PM »
No and I have no idea who the guy was who did it. Seems like a new show or whatever didn't look into it much.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1077 on: March 23, 2017, 06:25:39 PM »
ANTOINE VAILLANT - GUN SLINGING WITH STEVEN "THE MAN" DI GIOVANNI

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1078 on: March 23, 2017, 06:39:07 PM »
No and I have no idea who the guy was who did it. Seems like a new show or whatever didn't look into it much.

That's Lorenzo Marincic (idk if I'm spelling that right), he has a podcast with Matt Samansky on PBB called Muscle Prodigy. He does not decent job at interviews, but can be a bit awkward sometimes. I liked this one with Antoine. He really opened up about why he's been MIA.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #1079 on: March 24, 2017, 06:53:30 AM »
Good interview, gotta have some respect for the guy..he has to start literally from scratch, he lost everything and didn't go the gay4pay route, rebuilding his life a day at a time, working as a personal trainer and he still seems to be very positive and optimistic. Wish the best for him. Colossus, did you conduct the interview?
Agreed! 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #1080 on: March 24, 2017, 08:49:54 AM »
I hope this guy has some skills sets other than lifting heavy things and putting them down.  That only lasts for so long.  His 15 minutes of YT fame will not last either.

Youth slips away very quickly... all of the sudden, you're old.  What's he going to do then?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1081 on: March 24, 2017, 09:11:31 AM »
I hope this guy has some skills sets other than lifting heavy things and putting them down.  That only lasts for so long.  His 15 minutes of YT fame will not last either.

Youth slips away very quickly... all of the sudden, you're old.  What's he going to do then?

This.

Because ever since the drug genie was let out of the syringe,  bodybuilders are a dime a bakers dozen.  It's nothing more than an imitation of life and you need look no further than this Antoine guy for proof.   If ignorance were indeed bliss, then he's just behind Genova.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1082 on: March 24, 2017, 01:20:57 PM »

He seems to do well as a PT. Some may argue that PT isn't a real job, but money is money.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1083 on: March 24, 2017, 01:31:17 PM »
He seems to do well as a PT. Some may argue that PT isn't a real job, but money is money.

Economy is horrible and it will only get worse.  I hope he has a lot of rich clients.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1084 on: March 24, 2017, 01:36:12 PM »
Economy is horrible and it will only get worse.  I hope he has a lot of rich clients.

Isn't he living in Montreal? There will always be a rich upperclass who wants to be(come) in shape, and most of them work in large cities. His name, knowledge & charisma is working in his advantage.

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1085 on: March 24, 2017, 05:15:33 PM »
Isn't he living in Montreal? There will always be a rich upperclass who wants to be(come) in shape, and most of them work in large cities. His name, knowledge & charisma is working in his advantage.

Couldn't agree more.
Antoine is very goal-driven and focused and i'm always surprised at how quick he lands certain jobs.

For instance fresh out of rehab this time and he is lined up with a gym (trains free) , Personal training Gig with
a handful of clients already. Re-Signed with some old sponsor(s), and he does this solely on his charisma, attitude, and
a quick mention of how many Social media followers he has ( 300 k Facebook  + 125 k Instagram I believe)

People forget Antoine built his following long before he turned pro, or competed on a pro-stage. It's his shenanigans and character that people seem to admire and I have no doubt he can re-gain some of that in the coming months, 1 video at a time.

Also mad respect for not going the G4P route as many others would have.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #1086 on: March 24, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »
Couldn't agree more.
Antoine is very goal-driven and focused and i'm always surprised at how quick he lands certain jobs.

For instance fresh out of rehab this time and he is lined up with a gym (trains free) , Personal training Gig with
a handful of clients already. Re-Signed with some old sponsor(s), and he does this solely on his charisma, attitude, and
a quick mention of how many Social media followers he has ( 300 k Facebook  + 125 k Instagram I believe)

People forget Antoine built his following long before he turned pro, or competed on a pro-stage. It's his shenanigans and character that people seem to admire and I have no doubt he can re-gain some of that in the coming months, 1 video at a time.

Also mad respect for not going the G4P route as many others would have.

Loiked the interview , one thing that stood out is he acknowledged that "the pump is not the cure". I thought at the times before he was living a bit too much off the adulation of others and too much too soon. He will do better in the long run by just being himself and finding who was himself is and take it from there.

He has a good look for outside of bodybuilding so he doe not have to do anything stupid with his body nor drugs to get there, plus how many men in thongs can do a back flip?

Good luck to him, but as I know, it takes much more than that
"

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #1087 on: March 25, 2017, 12:47:18 AM »

What separates PT's that have a successful career and PT's that just had a job is #1, the ability to adapt. & #2, the ability to explain things in a way that is easy for everybody to understand.

(Super simplified, obviously)

Antoine is obviously personable, quick-witted, & knowledgeable/experienced. Those traits could enable him to be pretty successful as a personal trainer.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1088 on: March 25, 2017, 02:00:00 AM »
It was me who leaked Antoine's stint to rehab to the MD boards under the username "Listerine".  In the same thread, I stated that I feared for Antoine's health.

It was not appropriate for me to share this information - the Nutrition House owner told me this information about Antoine in confidence.  I shared it in part because I was disappointed in Antoine.  But I'm not sure that public shaming is the solution.  I should not have shared the information online - least of all, under a user name.  It was inappropriate.

Antoine, if you are reading - I'm sorry.

That said, maybe consider moving to some little French community like Saint-Isidore, Quebec - the birthplace/hometown of Georges St-Pierre, far away from the party scene.

- Matt Canning

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1089 on: March 25, 2017, 03:31:30 AM »
What separates PT's that have a successful career and PT's that just had a job is #1, the ability to adapt. & #2, the ability to explain things in a way that is easy for everybody to understand.

Antoine is obviously personable, quick-witted, & knowledgeable/experienced. Those traits could enable him to be pretty successful as a personal trainer.

Point 1 is important to any professional, esp the ability to pay attention to the client's feedback and to make adjustments when needed. Another important point is the ability to inspire/motivate people, which is always a combination of appearance and communication skills.
Yeah, Ant has plenty of experience and I'm pretty sure he can always ask John Meadows for a second opinion.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1090 on: March 25, 2017, 04:45:45 AM »
It was me who leaked Antoine's stint to rehab to the MD boards under the username "Listerine".  In the same thread, I stated that I feared for Antoine's health.

It was not appropriate for me to share this information - the Nutrition House owner told me this information about Antoine in confidence.  I shared it in part because I was disappointed in Antoine.  But I'm not sure that public shaming is the solution.  I should not have shared the information online - least of all, under a user name.  It was inappropriate.

Antoine, if you are reading - I'm sorry.

That said, maybe consider moving to some little French community like Saint-Isidore, Quebec - the birthplace/hometown of Georges St-Pierre, far away from the party scene.

- Matt Canning

Decent of you to fess up but why did you break that fellas confidence? Juicy gossip?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1091 on: March 25, 2017, 05:26:35 AM »

Explain what?... muscle physiology and biomechanics? -lol 

All PT's are there for is to hold the clients hand and count reps.   

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1092 on: March 25, 2017, 05:56:07 AM »

You underestimate just how ignorant some people are. Some people genuinely have no clue how to train, how the body works or how to eat.

I was doing dumbbell curls once with a slow negative, someone asked me if going down slowly works the triceps. That's just basic physics.

Some people need a lot more.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1093 on: March 25, 2017, 06:21:01 AM »

Yeah, that's all it takes to get a client in his/her best shape, no need for setting up/adjusting someone's training or diet regimen ::)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #1094 on: March 25, 2017, 06:58:54 AM »
I train 3 clients just to have some "play" money each month.

One client lost close to 100 lbs and won't let me get rid of her. (Female & Mental Crutch)

One client just doesn't want to be a female in weight room at 5 am by herself. (Female & Mental Crutch)

One client wouldn't even come to the gym if she didn't hire me. (Female & Mental Crutch)

I get an extra $12k/year to be a mental crutch for females. Personal Trainer my ass...
a

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1095 on: March 25, 2017, 07:01:13 AM »
Yeah, that's all it takes to get a client in his/her best shape, no need for setting up/adjusting someone's training or diet regimen ::)

I've been around for 30 years and seen/heard it all.  You can cherry pick, and there are some PT's who know their shit, but they are far and few between.  The majority are young, 20-somethings who lack the qualifications/experience and have no clue of what they are doing.  All that is required to be a PT at LA Fitness and similar gyms is a piece of paper saying you answered a few multiple choice or true and false questions correctly.  I would say 80% of PTs fall into this category.  The general public is full of ignorant, weak-mined snowflakes who need their little hand held... that is the main reason why people hire PTs.  

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #1096 on: March 25, 2017, 07:23:36 AM »
I train 3 clients just to have some "play" money each month.

One client lost close to 100 lbs and won't let me get rid of her. (Female & Mental Crutch)

One client just doesn't want to be a female in weight room at 5 am by herself. (Female & Mental Crutch)

One client wouldn't even come to the gym if she didn't hire me. (Female & Mental Crutch)

I get an extra $12k/year to be a mental crutch for females. Personal Trainer my ass...

This is exactly what I mean... most PT's are nothing more than a hand holding crutch.  If you can exploit this... great.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1097 on: March 25, 2017, 08:32:42 AM »
I've been around for 30 years and seen/heard it all.  You can cherry pick, and there are some PT's who know their shit, but they are far and few between.  The majority are young, 20-somethings who lack the qualifications/experience and have no clue of what they are doing.  All that is required to be a PT at LA Fitness and similar gyms is a piece of paper saying you answered a few multiple choice or true and false questions correctly.  I would say 80% of PTs fall into this category.  The general public is full of ignorant, weak-mined snowflakes who need their little hand held... that is the main reason why people hire PTs.  

There are many shitty trainers, who work with public templates anyone can find with some Googling, and yeah, the majority lack deep knowledge/experience about training, nutrition, physiology, etc and besides that: poor communication skills and not a true passion when you talk to them about training. During my certification, I realized that I wouldn't hire anyone from that class as a trainer.

Simple Simon

« Reply #1098 on: March 25, 2017, 08:34:36 AM »
anyone who takes money from people for training or diet advice is a piece of shit, just share your knowledge willingly and freely.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1099 on: March 25, 2017, 08:39:10 AM »
anyone who takes money from people for training or diet advice is a piece of shit, just share your knowledge willingly and freely.

Some idealistic flower power displayed here