Author Topic: why i quit lifting weights  (Read 8618 times)

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
why i quit lifting weights
« on: April 02, 2013, 06:15:25 PM »
I was an iron warrior for many years. At one point I was even a bodybuilding douche wearing a golds gym shirt, eating straight tuna straight out of a can on my 10 minute work breaks.

I quit lifting weights completely though a few years back and its been great.

Lifting weights got very boring after almost a decade of it. I did everything there was to do and challenged myself in every way. It got tedious.

Also I realized my physique stays great by just eating right, playing sports, working out in the sun on my land, and all the other shit I do. I do so much physically that I don't need to lift, it's overkill on my muscles.

If you wanna pump you muscles up for the perverted rush, go for it. After a while the gains just hit a brick wall and you max out. Then it just gets boring.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Re: why i quit lifting weights
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 06:16:49 PM »
get out

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 06:20:58 PM »

RS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »
I was an iron warrior for many years. At one point I was even a bodybuilding douche wearing a golds gym shirt, eating straight tuna straight out of a can on my 10 minute work breaks.

Lifting weights got very boring after almost a decade of it. I did everything there was to do and challenged myself in every way. It got tedious.

Also I realized my physique stays great by just eating right, playing sports, working out in the sun on my land, and all the other shit I do. I do so much physically that I don't need to lift, it's overkill on my muscles.

If you wanna pump you muscles up for the perverted rush, go for it. After a while the gains just hit a brick wall and you max out. Then it just gets boring.

Wow - more free advices for us.  Hey thx a lot. I had been thinking about how bored I've been while training with weights for the last 30 years - finally a solution.  I can just quit training and work on my land outside  and just do other stuff and sports and watch what I eat.

Thx bro - are you like a life coach or something?  I mean I've been training for 30 years and I was wondering what I should do since it's been so boring for the last 28 1/2 years.  Man time flies when you're lifting and just hanging out bored for almost 3 decades. I mean look @ me.

Do have a web site where I can contact you should I need more info on what I should do with my time?

Thx again - where di I send the check for all that great guidance?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 06:58:34 PM »

hi sevastese

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 06:59:50 PM »
Wow - more free advices for us.  Hey thx a lot. I had been thinking about how bored I've been while training with weights for the last 30 years - finally a solution.  I can just quit training and work on my land outside  and just do other stuff and sports and watch what I eat.

Thx bro - are you like a life coach or something?  I mean I've been training for 30 years and I was wondering what I should do since it's been so boring for the last 28 1/2 years.  Man time flies when you're lifting and just hanging out bored for almost 3 decades. I mean look @ me.

Do have a web site where I can contact you should I need more info on what I should do with my time?

Thanks but you don't have to pay me money. Your mom is paying me in hot pussy.

I'll just call it even.

bywhatevermeans

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 07:00:52 PM »

LOL ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 07:24:20 PM »
I wonder what CT Fletcher would think of this...

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 07:26:12 PM »
I will die with the iron in my hands..
H

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 07:29:24 PM »
well I'm kind of the same. you grow out of it after a while and get bored with the whole shallow and obsessive "lifestyle". living life with an obsession is it really a life? whatever.. I guess it's the same with people who do sports at elite level. just obsessive. I guess there are some OCD people who truly enjoys it.

now i just bench every now and then and swing some db's at home. I do not obsess with proteins or getting "meals" in. still fit and strong.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 07:29:31 PM »
I wonder what CT Fletcher would think of this...

He would say the dude needs to start lifting penitentiary style and eat more Big Macs.  ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 09:17:37 PM »
Yes Big Macs (plural) and jailhouse lifting methods are the keys to pro-level size as a natural.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 09:25:44 PM »
I guess technically this isn't a "gimmick" account. There doesn't appear to be any strategy or ulterior motive. It's just an extra account someone made because they are bored.

Kinda sad.  :-\

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 10:34:28 PM »
I completely agree that lifting weights can get boring. I have been at it for over 25 years. In the past I used to lift heavy, wait 3 or 4 minutes in between sets, and lift for hours. I gained for 6 years then hit a huge wall, and sat on the wall for years. I tried doing cardio which to me is incredibly boring. I was eating like a horse. The injuries were starting, and the progress had stopped. Then I started thinking about health. Isn't this why we should be exercising to begin with?

I lowered my weights significantly, and cut my rest times between sets to 15-20 seconds, deep breathing in between. My sets were a combination of full and partial reps. I only ate when I was hungry, and only took a lot of protein after workouts. Workouts were over in 30 minutes once every 3 days. Breathing became the focus. I usually do 1 exercise a bodypart and switch them all the time. Big bodyparts get supersetted on occasion. Once every 2 or 3 weeks I pick a compound exercise and go my heaviest for 5 reps.

Since then it has been mind blowing pumps, muscle gain, and conditioning. I start thinking of my next workout the day after a workout and feel much better. The enthusiasm is there. My bp is down in great range. My heart rate is sitting at 65 beats a minute, from 85 beats. You will get very muscular training this way, and get functional. No more bloating and being chained down to the gym. I have tried every form of exercise I can think of but nothing compares to weights when done right. I will continue to pump iron until the day I die.

ukjeff

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 10:39:35 PM »

Yet here you are posting on a bodybuilding forum.  ::)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 11:53:40 PM »
whaddya bench?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 11:56:10 PM »

Being gay is fine. Why all the nonsense to tell us?
a

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 12:02:05 AM »
"Iron warrior", epic lulz.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 12:36:09 AM »
That just means you are weak and suck at lifting, HTH..

RS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 12:47:19 AM »
Thanks but you don't have to pay me money. Your mom is paying me in hot pussy.

I'll just call it even.

Oh man really. I'll send you a pic  - then we'll see how hard you claim it..

Dude - I hope for your sake you are kidding cause that's just like nasty.

But if it's the best you can do just keep hittin it and just don't quit it. 

Son - that's just nasty.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 12:57:24 AM »
I've been training 20 years now and I'm enjoying it more than ever - for as long as I feel I'm making progress and have goals and stay injury free then I'll keep plugging away at it. A few years back I did get a bit disillusioned and hung up the belt and wraps for a while but the break did me good. I'll probably train in some capacity until the day I die.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 02:03:38 AM »
You've put the cookie down - game over man.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 05:07:13 AM »
A warrior breaks into the gym if it's closed!! :P

I have extremely limited time but still manage to eat good and get in 3-4 workouts a week. Hopeless natural who hit the wall years ago but I'm glad that I am able to train and maintain.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 05:30:29 AM »
Never ever quit. If you had stuck with it, it would have been the best rush ever by now (non perverted, more like meditation).

What a damn shame man.

Don't do this.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 02:57:38 PM »

sept 10th APF