Author Topic: My WM predictions  (Read 4708 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
My WM predictions
« on: April 03, 2013, 11:31:09 AM »
(Thanks to McWay for posting the match list)

- Rock v. Cena (WWE title)  - Cena.  Rock is going off for more movies and they need a 1-1 win split to come back and sell a third encounter at a later date.  Will Cena turn heel is the biggest question since he has alluded to something along those lines.

- Alberto Del Rio v. Jack Swagger (World title) - Swagger then Zigg cashing in and beating him. 

- Wade Barrett v. Miz (Intercontinental title)  - Ummm....  who cares?  Will go with Barrett simply because he seems to be in a minor push lately.

- Undertaker v. CM Punk - Taker.  With Punk carrying him 99% of the match. 

- Triple H v. Lesnar (No Holds Barred; Helmsley's career on the line) - Seeing how HHH doesn't have a career at this point, I am going to say Brock. Brock's multi year contract calls for him to stick around and be a monster later on.

- Tell Hell No v. Ziggler & Langston (WWE tag titles)- Zigg and Langston.  I mean really... when you make your wrestling debut match at WM (never before happened) you simply can't be booked to lose.

- Shield v. Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show - Not the Shield.  And really don't care either way.

- Mark Henry v. Ryback - Henry needs a win to get back to his monster status he had before his injury.  He's doing his best mic and ring work ever and to be honest, Ryback has always been very injury prone.  I love the guy and he is a personal friend of mine, but he just isn't holding up the push he was given.

- Chris Jericho v. Fandango - Jericho.  He needs to be around and have a high name value in order to help build other superstars by putting them over.  Look for him to win here and then lose to Fandango Monday night.

- Team Rhodes Scholars v. "Tons of Funk" (Tensai and Brodus Clay)  - Oh god.  It doesn't matter.  Hopefully Rhodes Scholars.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: My WM predictions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 12:15:01 PM »
(Thanks to McWay for posting the match list)

- Rock v. Cena (WWE title)  - Cena.  Rock is going off for more movies and they need a 1-1 win split to come back and sell a third encounter at a later date.  Will Cena turn heel is the biggest question since he has alluded to something along those lines.

Agree. But, this would have been the rubber match, had WWE done what I was hoping by letting Rock win the title and Cena cash MITB on him, taking the belt.

- Alberto Del Rio v. Jack Swagger (World title) - Swagger then Zigg cashing in and beating him.  

But, for this DUI/Weed thing, I'd definitely go with Swagger. But, I agree that this will be when Ziggler cashes MITB (on Del Rio).

- Wade Barrett v. Miz (Intercontinental title)  - Ummm....  who cares?  Will go with Barrett simply because he seems to be in a minor push lately.

I'll go with Miz. He'll still be unnbeaten at WrestleMania. OOPS! That match is on the pre-show/Free for All. I don't think that counts as a WrestleMania win.

- Undertaker v. CM Punk - Taker.  With Punk carrying him 99% of the match.  

Lots of silliness, perhaps a Shield or Lesnar run-in. But, in the end......21-0.

- Triple H v. Lesnar (No Holds Barred; Helmsley's career on the line) - Seeing how HHH doesn't have a career at this point, I am going to say Brock. Brock's multi year contract calls for him to stick around and be a monster later on.

I'll go with Helmsley. He can still get beat down during the match and take a year off, ala Undertaker after WM27. Upset special: Lesnar wins, due to Michaels turning on HHH.

- Tell Hell No v. Ziggler & Langston (WWE tag titles)- Zigg and Langston.  I mean really... when you make your wrestling debut match at WM (never before happened) you simply can't be booked to lose.

They're not giving Ziggler two titles. And, since he'll likely cash MITB for the World title, I say Team Hell NO keeps their belts.

- Shield v. Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show - Not the Shield.  And really don't care either way.

I'll go with the Shield.

- Mark Henry v. Ryback - Henry needs a win to get back to his monster status he had before his injury.  He's doing his best mic and ring work ever and to be honest, Ryback has always been very injury prone.  I love the guy and he is a personal friend of mine, but he just isn't holding up the push he was given.

Ryback has lost stock, due to these repeated six-man tag losses to the Shield. I'll give him the win.

- Chris Jericho v. Fandango - Jericho.  He needs to be around and have a high name value in order to help build other superstars by putting them over.  Look for him to win here and then lose to Fandango Monday night.

Another upset special. I'm going with.....FAAAAAAAANNN-DAAAAAAAAN-GOOOOOO!!!

- Team Rhodes Scholars v. "Tons of Funk" (Tensai and Brodus Clay)  - Oh god.  It doesn't matter.  Hopefully Rhodes Scholars.

One slight modification: The Rhodes Scholars/"Tons of Funk" match is actually what I predicted it to be on another thread. A big mixed tag team match: Rhodes Scholars and Bella Twins vs. Tons of Funk and Funkadactyls.

I'll go with Tons of Funk and Funkadactyls. They should make Naomi's "Rear View" a finishing move. With that BIG ROUND BOOTY, she could knock someone unconsious.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 12:18:07 PM »

Leaked photos of the Mania set.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:15:02 PM »
Cena is definitely gonna win and set up for a third match against the Rock next Mania.

Three straight Rock-Cena matches? I hope not!! If there's a third match, it'll be at another PPV.

Swagger all the way. I think Del Rio is one of the Feds top talents but not as a face. I don't think Ziggler is gonna cash in the brief case. Everyone in the World is expecting it that's why it isn't gonna happen. If he does it will be in the Cena/Rock match.

He can't. Ziggler has the Smackdown MITB; WWE title is Raw's belt (unless they switch brands or make MITB generic again, as it was at WrestleMania).

Barrett is gonna retain because Miz is gonna be feuding for the big belts for the rest of 13. Whether its against Cena or Swagger he's gonna be in the spotlight.

You have a good point, there.

Undertaker 21-0. Punk has the opportunity to steal the show here and put on the performance of the evening.

Again, Lesnar or Shield may help Punk but Taker gets the nod.

HBK is gonna be in HHHs corner. There's a surprise!!!! Long hair or crew cut it's still the HBK show with HHH forever living in his shadow. Lesnars gonna win and Mr. Wrestlemania will make HHH shine like he has done for the majority of his career.

I smell a heel turn with Michaels helping Lesnar out.

Team Hell No will retain. Zig has the briefcase, the big monster side kick, and AJ. They don't need the belts and team Hell No are still way over with the fans. They are gonna play off the Mr money in the bank as long as they can.

There are only 3 months left before the briefcase expires.

Orton is gonna turn heel and join the shield. Shield will definitely win.

I don't know about the heel turn for Orton. But, I agree the Shield gets the win.

I don't know about this one? WSM should get the victory but Rybach really needs it. Win loose or draw Henry is still Henry. Rybachs momentum has seriously slowed and cannot see the fans having interest in him for much longer. Maybe count out or DQ? I think WSM is one of the Feds best guys and hope he shines on Sunday.

Ryback needs the win more than Henry. He gets it.

Jericho will put over Fandango for the victory. They didn't put all this time and effort into Fandango just to loose in his debut match. Jericho by the way is almost rock bottom. He has never looked so bad. The chest, the constant stoned red eyes, and the new tats are a big sign that he's close to the end.

I don't think Jericho is at his end. This feud with Fandango could breathe new life into his career, while simultaneously giving Fandango the credibility he needs.

Scholars vs Tons of funk is only on the card for Brodus Clays intro and dancing performances before and after the match. Tons of funk for the win. I think Cody Rhodes is the most underutilized superstar on the current Federation roster. That guy is a all around a terrific performer. The mustache is brilliant.

This feud is more about the girls than it is about the guys, hence they made it a mixed tag match. With that said, I'll take Tons of Funk and Funkadactyls.

Congrats to all the HOF inductees. Timmy is really looking forward to Sunday night. I hope all the Superstars put on a terrific show and most of all no one gets hurt! Weather is gonna be a factor. Gonna be cold!

And kudos for waiting until next year to induct Paul Bearer into the HOF, so that his friends and family can travel from Mobile, AL to see it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 05:35:00 AM »
I wonder if Shawn will interfere, costing Hunter the match and setting the stage for a Michaels/HHH feud that will culminate in a Wrestle Mania match between the two next year.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
- Rock v. Cena (WWE title) - Cena for this one, Rock's going back to Hollywood.  It's a waste having the title on a guy that never wrestles, better to have him lose and then he can come back for the odd promo leading up to Match III.

- Alberto Del Rio v. Jack Swagger (World title) - Swagger, they kept on with his push after the DUI, so there must be something planned for him.  Gives his gimmick distance for now.

- Wade Barrett v. Miz (Intercontinental title) - Not that fussed on this one, probably Barrett I think.

- Undertaker v. CM Punk - Taker, but not as sure as others think.  I still reckon there's a chance the streak will end one day, and Punk could be the guy to do it.  21-0 though...  ;D

- Triple H v. Lesnar (No Holds Barred; Helmsley's career on the line) - HHH, they can't end his career cos then they'd have to come up with some nonsense way of bringing him back to work and devaluing the whole thing.  There'll be some interference, I reckon we'll have Michaels, Heyman, Steph and then Vince for the win.  Victory McMahons!

- Tell Hell No v. Ziggler & Langston (WWE tag titles) - Don't care really.  No point Ziggler having tag titles as well as the MITB, so Hell No for the win.

- Shield v. Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show - The Shield have had the upper hand for 90% of the feud, so I don't know.  I like Timmy's suggestion of an Orton heel turn though.  Or even Show, he's the dodgy member of the trio supposedly.  Might as well give it to the Shield to keep them going.

- Mark Henry v. Ryback - Ryback.  They've slowed him down recently, and a strong win over the WSM would get him right back on track.  I like Henry's work a lot, but I can't see him being back in any major pushes anymore.

- Chris Jericho v. Fandango - Fandango.  Surely they can't make him lose his debut after all the build?  It'd make no sense to bury him straight away, and Jericho is going walkabout again soon with his band isn't he?

- Team Rhodes Scholars v. "Tons of Funk" (Tensai and Brodus Clay) - Waste of time.  Rhodes is wasted in this, and I don't get why Albert is even around at all.  I did notice the other night that one of the Bella's might have had a boob job, so that's one reason to watch it.

billytwolips

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 06:51:04 PM »
- Rock v. Cena (WWE title) - Cena for this one, Rock's going back to Hollywood.  It's a waste having the title on a guy that never wrestles, better to have him lose and then he can come back for the odd promo leading up to Match III.

- Alberto Del Rio v. Jack Swagger (World title) - Swagger, they kept on with his push after the DUI, so there must be something planned for him.  Gives his gimmick distance for now.

- Wade Barrett v. Miz (Intercontinental title) - Not that fussed on this one, probably Barrett I think.

- Undertaker v. CM Punk - Taker, but not as sure as others think.  I still reckon there's a chance the streak will end one day, and Punk could be the guy to do it.  21-0 though...  ;D

- Triple H v. Lesnar (No Holds Barred; Helmsley's career on the line) - HHH, they can't end his career cos then they'd have to come up with some nonsense way of bringing him back to work and devaluing the whole thing.  There'll be some interference, I reckon we'll have Michaels, Heyman, Steph and then Vince for the win.  Victory McMahons!

- Tell Hell No v. Ziggler & Langston (WWE tag titles) - Don't care really.  No point Ziggler having tag titles as well as the MITB, so Hell No for the win.

- Shield v. Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show - The Shield have had the upper hand for 90% of the feud, so I don't know.  I like Timmy's suggestion of an Orton heel turn though.  Or even Show, he's the dodgy member of the trio supposedly.  Might as well give it to the Shield to keep them going.

- Mark Henry v. Ryback - Ryback.  They've slowed him down recently, and a strong win over the WSM would get him right back on track.  I like Henry's work a lot, but I can't see him being back in any major pushes anymore.

- Chris Jericho v. Fandango - Fandango.  Surely they can't make him lose his debut after all the build?  It'd make no sense to bury him straight away, and Jericho is going walkabout again soon with his band isn't he?

- Team Rhodes Scholars v. "Tons of Funk" (Tensai and Brodus Clay) - Waste of time.  Rhodes is wasted in this, and I don't get why Albert is even around at all.  I did notice the other night that one of the Bella's might have had a boob job, so that's one reason to watch it.

I agree with all of these predictions... And I was wondering if anyone else noticed the possible boob job? It seemed more pronounced on their return then during this weeks Raw.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »
I agree with all of these predictions... And I was wondering if anyone else noticed the possible boob job? It seemed more pronounced on their return then during this weeks Raw.

Remember that this match is a mixed tag, what I initially predicted it to be. After seeing a clip of a match on Main Event, I mistakenly thought that the official match was just Rhodes Scholars vs. Tons of Funk.

That's why my list was the way it was, when Lurker duplicated it here.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 06:03:19 AM »
I did notice the other night that one of the Bella's might have had a boob job, so that's one reason to watch it.

I believe Nikki is the one who got the augmentation done sometime last summer, making it a little easier to tell the two apart.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 07:12:34 AM »
I can't see HBK turning because both he and HHH will be "retired" and thus... no more matches.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 07:20:06 AM »
I can't see HBK turning because both he and HHH will be "retired" and thus... no more matches.

I still believe that something will set the stage for a HHH/HBK encounter next year. I truly believe that will be both men's final match, headlining a Wrestle Mania together.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 04:30:05 AM »

I still believe that something will set the stage for a HHH/HBK encounter next year. I truly believe that will be both men's final match, headlining a Wrestle Mania together.

They were able to talk about Cena vs Rock's first match for a year but they will not be able to do this will HHH vs Michael's unless they truly decimate HHH where he is on the shelf for 6-9 mos  ::)

This is not a WM card but rather a typical PPV aside from UT v Punk, Rock vs Cena.

UT will not lose. If they had Punk win, UT would have to return immediately for redemption which won't happen.
If Swagger wins he will be a transition champ.
As crazy as it sounds only match I am kind of looking forward to is Team Hell No vs Ziggy/E (but of course wil be reading aout it Monday morn) I would like to see Ziggly win and put DB back in championship run

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »
They were able to talk about Cena vs Rock's first match for a year but they will not be able to do this will HHH vs Michael's unless they truly decimate HHH where he is on the shelf for 6-9 mos  ::)

This is not a WM card but rather a typical PPV aside from UT v Punk, Rock vs Cena.

UT will not lose. If they had Punk win, UT would have to return immediately for redemption which won't happen.
If Swagger wins he will be a transition champ.
As crazy as it sounds only match I am kind of looking forward to is Team Hell No vs Ziggy/E (but of course wil be reading aout it Monday morn) I would like to see Ziggly win and put DB back in championship run

My MUST-SEE matches:

World Title Match - The kind of heat we're seeing between Del Rio and Swagger is what's supposed to happen before a PPV, especially WrestleMania. This Rock-Cena crap is pitiful. These two guys, as far as I'm concerned should be THE main event, based on performance, not simply name-recognition.

The storyline specter of Ziggler, cashing in MITB on the winner, and the real-life specter of Swagger's DUI/weed debacle makes this one of my favorites. I'm pulling for Swagger, hopefully without a Ziggler cash-in.

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango: A veteran needing some heat and a new jack needing some legitimacy. As goofy a gimmick as Fandango is, he's become vicious. I call him a "New Generation" throwback and, if he beats Jericho, we could have one of the best feuds of the year. Did I mention that this match has more heat than Rock-Cena.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 04:44:46 PM »
2 for 3 so far. Shield and Miz (Free for all match) won. Down goes Ryback....LITERALLY!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 04:57:35 PM »
3 of 4......Team Hell No retain the tag titles.

Fandango vs. Jericho is up NOW!!! Fandango's entrance is excellent...a dozen thick-legged girls doing the salsa, with Fadango and his regular girl bringing up the rear (pyro and all).

There's even a sign that says, "If Fandango actually wins, we riot!!"

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 05:15:04 PM »
3 of 4......Team Hell No retain the tag titles.

Fandango vs. Jericho is up NOW!!! Fandango's entrance is excellent...a dozen thick-legged girls doing the salsa, with Fadango and his regular girl bringing up the rear (pyro and all).

There's even a sign that says, "If Fandango actually wins, we riot!!"

Let the rioting commence....FAAAAAAAAAN-DAAAAAAN-GOOOOOO WINS!!!!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
3 from 5 for me, shame the IC title has been dumped down to the pre-show, yet Fandango gets a proper TV spot.

Best sign so far: "If Cena wins, we complain online..."  ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 05:22:46 PM »
3 from 5 for me, shame the IC title has been dumped down to the pre-show, yet Fandango gets a proper TV spot.

Best sign so far: "If Cena wins, we complain online..."  ;D

Snack time....Diddy is performing his old mess, during the break.

Now comes one of the BIG ONES....World title match. Who wins? Does Ziggler do the deed?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 05:41:19 PM »
Best sign so far: "If Cena wins, we complain online..."  ;D

ROFLMFAO!!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 05:47:11 PM »

ROFLMFAO!!!!

I guess it's 41/2 out of 6 for me. Del Rio retains but no MITB cash-in for Ziggler.

Next, it's Punk-'Taker. As long as the streak continues, WrestleMania was worth it for me.

Edit - Living Colour is playing Punk to the ring, LIVE!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 06:06:08 PM »
Punk, delivering "Old School" to Undertaker? That's JUST WRONG!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 06:27:29 PM »
REST IN PEACE, CM PUNK!!!!!

So far, EXCELLENT!! Ryback v. Mark Henry is the only one I've missed (I think).

I missed the Free-For-All (pre-show). Was the mixed tag match done there?

Next.....Lesnar vs. Helmsley!!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2013, 06:32:43 PM »
4 for 7 now.  Does anyone know what happened to Clay/Albert vs Scholars?  Not even good enough for the pre-show?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »
Punk, delivering "Old School" to Undertaker? That's JUST WRONG!!!

Thank God someone brought attention to that boring ass move.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 07:09:08 PM »
4 for 7 now.  Does anyone know what happened to Clay/Albert vs Scholars?  Not even good enough for the pre-show?

Still rolling!! Unless the mixed tag is next, the only match left is Cena-Rock.