Author Topic: Obama: Newtown Shooter Gunned Down 20 Children With 'Fully Automatic Weapon'  (Read 1177 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Exactly... He even CLARIFIED that it was an automatic weapon... Not a misspeak at all.

so he said automatic weapon first and then said fully automatic

sounds more like a mistake to me but if you want to believe that Obama believes fully automatic weapons are currently legal then go right ahead

or if you want to believe he intentionally lied about something so easy to prove false then that's fine too

We don't all have to agree on everything

If you have some additional follow where he is questioned about this statement and continues to stick to it then let me know and I will re-evaluate my opinion

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Obama lied through his teeth and his little bitch drone sits here trying to rationalize it. It's incredibly sad watching a 46-year-old man act like this.  :-\

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

sounds more like a mistake to me but if you want to believe that Obama believes fully automatic weapons are currently legal then go right ahead

or if you want to believe he intentionally lied about something so easy to prove false then that's fine too

If you have some additional follow where he is questioned about this statement and continues to stick to it then let me know and I will re-evaluate my opinion

You are pretty unbelievable... Why do you shill for Obama?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

On the one hand obama is the smartest most brilliant orator of all time, legal scholar, Nobel Winner, yet on the other hand he is so careless with his words that things like this are just an innocent mistake.   ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
On the one hand obama is the smartest most brilliant orator of all time, legal scholar, Nobel Winner, yet on the other hand he is so careless with his words that things like this are just an innocent mistake.   ::)

I agree... I said the same thing about GWB... Either the guy is the most intelligent evil mastermind ever in figuring out how to get away with 9-11 or the guy is a complete idiot... You can't have it both ways.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

Fact of the matter is he's just not very smart. Clever? Sure. Conniving? OK. Manipulative and deceiving? Yup. Scumbag? Definitely.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Obama lied through his teeth and his little bitch drone sits here trying to rationalize it. It's incredibly sad watching a 46-year-old man act like this.  :-\

what's this

a post from you where you're not stroking 333

that's strange

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
what's this

a post from you where you're not stroking 333

that's strange

You know damn well that when Romney said a word that off - everyone pounced on him calling him a liar etc etc. 

Now when its the messiah trying to advance an agenda - no he was just careless.   ::)  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

I've tried to explain it to you and since I believe you're sincere I will try again

This statement happened last night

I haven't seen the video and only read the transcript

Here are my choices

1.  he simply mispoke
2.  he believes fully automatic weapons are legal
3.  he knows fully automatic weapons are not legal and intentionally chose to lie to a crowd of people about an easily verifiable fact

I look at those options and since there hasn't been any follow up yet I believe the only rational choice is #1

you've said I'm "shilling" for Obama yet I've given you my reasoning and said if he is questioned on this statement (feel free to provide it) and continues to make this statement then I will re-evaluate my opinion

If you want to look the list of possible options and choose to believe something else that is obviously your choice

you've provided me nothing that would lead me to believe it's #2 or #3

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You know damn well that when Romney said a word that off - everyone pounced on him calling him a liar etc etc. 

Now when its the messiah trying to advance an agenda - no he was just careless.   ::)  ::)

your memory sucks

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Or that he is so incompetent and ignorant he does not know the real difference between semi auto and full auto?  

;D

I've tried to explain it to you and since I believe you're sincere I will try again

Here are my choices

1.  he simply mispoke
2.  he believes fully automatic weapons are legal
3.  he knows fully automatic weapons are not legal and intentionally chose to lie to a crowd of people about an easily verifiable fact

I look at those options and since there hasn't been any follow up yet I believe the only rational choice is #1

you've said I'm "shilling" for Obama yet I've given you my reasoning and said if he is questioned on this statement (feel free to provide it) and continues to make this statement then I will re-evaluate my opinion

If you want to look the list of possible options and choose to believe something else that is obviously your choice

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Here are my choices

1.  he simply mispoke
2.  he believes fully automatic weapons are legal
3.  he knows fully automatic weapons are not legal and intentionally chose to lie to a crowd of people about an easily verifiable fact

Why would you find it so unbelievable that he would say something akin to number 3 to elicit an emotional response to the evils of guns?

He has already gone on public record stating that he does not like people to have guns.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Or that he is so incompetent and ignorant he does not know the real difference between semi auto and full auto?  

;D

yeah, I was going to make that option #4 except that he says semi-automatic weapon right before he says fully automatic so he clearly knows they are two different things

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Why would you find it so unbelievable that he would say something akin to number 3 to elicit an emotional response to the evils of guns?

He has already gone on public record stating that he does not like people to have guns.

because it's easily provable as false and would make him look stupid

you're suggesting that he weighed the options and chose to intentionally make a statement that he knew would be immediately shown to be a lie

I find that hard to believe but to each his own

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Here are my choices

1.  he simply mispoke
2.  he believes fully automatic weapons are legal
3.  he knows fully automatic weapons are not legal and intentionally chose to lie to a crowd of people about an easily verifiable fact

or he doesnt know the difference between a semi automatic and fully automatic weapon....

trust straw man there are plenty of ppl out there that are completely uninformed on guns.

You dont know how many times ppl use the term "automatic weapon" when referencing semi automatic weapons...

This is a very common mistake among ppl who are very uninformed on guns.

These are the type of ppl that shouldnt be making laws regarding them either as they are obviously uneducated and ignorant on the subject.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Gun control is almost always supported by people who have almost no experience with guns. They seem like scary things that are only in gangster movies, so if we just ask our benevolent politicians to save us, they can make it all go away. That’s not how the real-world works, though — and this ignorance ends up killing people.

Earlier this week, the main anti-gun congresswoman from Colorado, Rep. Diana DeGette, apparently didn’t understand that magazines could be reloaded. That’s something you learn in the first 5 minutes in any basic firearms safety class — and she’s based her life career on putting people in prison over her gun laws. She’s the lead sponsor of the magazine ban. It’s insane.

Obama is now showing off his own particular style of almost intentional ignorance. After campaigning and voicing his opinion and crafting policy recomendations for years, Obama apparently doesn’t even know the difference between semi-auto and full-auto guns. WhiteHouse.gov reports him giving a speech in which he stumbled over the two phrases in a confused manner, and finally decided to refer to the Aurora shooting as happening with a “fully-automatic” weapon. Oops.

Here are the exact words from the speech:

“Now, over the next couple of months, we’ve got a couple of issues: gun control. (Applause.) I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon – by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.”

Here are the exact words from the Colorado Democrat Rep. Diana DeGette who didn’t know magazines could be reloaded, from the Denver Post:

“I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those know they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

Let me make this as clear as I can: this kind of blatant, in-your-face ignorance is going to kill people. These power-greedy ignorant politicians have blood on their hands. It’s a disgrace.

Some have rightfully pointed out that perhaps Obama wasn’t confused — perhaps he was just lying. Either way, the man is ignorant, or a liar, or both. His credibility on gun issues is non-existent, and he’s the epitome of what’s wrong with politics. Politics is when we organize society by giving the most ignorant people the power over an issue — rather than the free market. There’s a reason it never works.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Straw Man is correct in that the president obviously misspoke.........however, one would be correct in asserting that had someone of an opposing political party to Straw's, Straw would be nonexistent in his defense of the speaking error.

And, of course, the guy has try to throw in his ignorant jabs about gun control, like his "30 round clips" and had Lanza not had access to such large-capacity "clips", then the tragedy would not have been as severe.  The Virginia Tech shooter had nothing more than 10 and 15 round magazines and he caused quite a bit of devastation.  Had Lanza grabbed his shotgun rather than the much aligned AR-15, there would likely be even more deaths.

Stick to what you do best:  Being Obama's frontman and making fun of 333386.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Straw Man is correct in that the president obviously misspoke.........however, one would be correct in asserting that had someone of an opposing political party to Straw's, Straw would be nonexistent in his defense of the speaking error.

And, of course, the guy has try to throw in his ignorant jabs about gun control, like his "30 round clips" and had Lanza not had access to such large-capacity "clips", then the tragedy would not have been as severe.  The Virginia Tech shooter had nothing more than 10 and 15 round magazines and he caused quite a bit of devastation.  Had Lanza grabbed his shotgun rather than the much aligned AR-15, there would likely be even more deaths.

Stick to what you do best:  Being Obama's frontman and making fun of 333386.

I like how you feel confident is stating what I would do or not do in the case of a hypothetical event which has not happened