Author Topic: ABPA-anyone with info please  (Read 1290 times)

MasterJoey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
ABPA-anyone with info please
« on: December 16, 2005, 04:50:17 PM »
I have been recently diagnosed with ABPA after almost a year of misdiagnosis of recurent pneumo. The legal US TX is 6 month minimum of Prednisone. This Sux for mebig time. What I am curious about is if anyone out there with asthma or ABPA has been on any cycles during this while taking prednisone and what kind of sidefx you may have encountered. I had just begun my very first cycle of test and had to stop, because my doc is not up anabolic vs corticosteroids for TX. I think the sidefx of prednisone are pretty sucky. So any info is greatly appreciated.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: ABPA-anyone with info please
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 07:47:45 PM »
I have been recently diagnosed with ABPA after almost a year of misdiagnosis of recurent pneumo. The legal US TX is 6 month minimum of Prednisone. This Sux for mebig time. What I am curious about is if anyone out there with asthma or ABPA has been on any cycles during this while taking prednisone and what kind of sidefx you may have encountered. I had just begun my very first cycle of test and had to stop, because my doc is not up anabolic vs corticosteroids for TX. I think the sidefx of prednisone are pretty sucky. So any info is greatly appreciated.

Prednisone will cause you to gain wait, I believe through slowing down the metabolism.  I am not 100% sure on the mechanism of action, but I do know it makes you fat.  There is nothing positive I can say about Prednisone.

I hope you get better and can get off it ASAP.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...