Author Topic: The US Economy - No jobs and another slowdown  (Read 12692 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
The US Economy - No jobs and another slowdown
« on: April 05, 2013, 02:15:57 PM »
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/unhappy-day-reactions-to-march-jobs-report-2013-04-05

• “The modest 88,000 increase in non-farm payrolls in March is further evidence that the U.S. economy is undergoing another spring slowdown, albeit from a pretty rapid pace of growth in the first quarter.” — Paul Ashworth, chief U.S. economist, Capital Economics.

• “Today will be another unhappy day for a recently unhappy equity market, and a positive for bonds, as investors adjust to a slowing pace for U.S. growth.” — Avery Shenfeld, CIBC WM Economics

• “This jobs number probably isn’t the fault of the sequester. But it’s evidence that the economy can’t take the sequester right now.” — Ezra Klein, Washington Post writer, ‏@ezraklein

• “This is a punch to the gut. This is not a good number. And I think now you’re going to interestingly start seeing a lot of discussion about maybe the sequester’s a bigger deal than people thought it was.” — Austan Goolsbee, former chairman of President Barack Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers, in an interview on CNBC.

• “It is important to bear in mind that the March household and payroll surveys are the first monthly surveys to look at employment since the beginning of sequestration. While the recovery was gaining traction before sequestration took effect, these arbitrary and unnecessary cuts to government services will be a headwind in the months to come, and will cut key investments in the Nation’s future competitiveness.” — Alan Krueger, chairman of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers.

• “The president’s policies continue to make it harder for Americans to find work. Hundreds of thousands fled the workforce last month and unemployment remains far above what the Obama administration promised when it enacted its ‘stimulus’ spending plan.” — House Speaker John Boehner.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: NO Jobs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 02:18:51 PM »
“This is a punch to the gut. This is NOT a good number. And I think now you’re going to interestingly start seeing a LOT of discussion about maybe the sequester’s a bigger deal than people thought it was.” — Austan Goolsbee, Former Chairman of President Barack Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers, in an interview on CNBC.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »
“This is a punch to the gut. This is NOT a good number. And I think now you’re going to interestingly start seeing a LOT of discussion about maybe the sequester’s a bigger deal than people thought it was.” — Austan Goolsbee, Former Chairman of President Barack Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers, in an interview on CNBC.

Look at the trend before the sequester to see that it's not really that big of a deal and people will just try to pin the shitty growth on it instead of actually coming up with real solutions to fix our problems.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »
people will just try to pin the shitty growth on it instead of actually coming up with real solutions to fix our problems.

^

BOOM!

Just saying, even Obama staff, are saying things are fucked.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »
people will just try to pin the shitty growth on it instead of actually coming up with real solutions to fix our problems.

^

BOOM!

Just saying, even Obama staff, are saying things are fucked.

The Obama staff didn't waste anytime on passing the buck.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 02:43:15 PM »
The Obama staff didn't waste anytime on passing the buck.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 02:48:07 PM »

The Obamaquester and tax hike in the pay roll, Fed Printing, ObamaCare, et al are taking hold. 

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 02:49:04 PM »
Overpopulation, too many people, wether they are overdiplomed or unskilled, less and less jobs, bad economy crashing businesses, industries moved to asia... not going to end well, we are at the end of a cycle and we need to operate an artificial selection in our own specie, namely; famines, ethnic and international wars.

Buy gold, silver, ammo and farmland!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 02:53:00 PM »
 Uber just made one of the best posts ever. Very very smart person.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »
A high priced, jobless and grim future is waiting.
There will always be loopholes but but overall it's a turdy road which few will enjoy to travel.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 04:21:10 PM »

Probably not very strong on upright rows.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »
From what I see, and I'm far from an Obama apologist, but I see this as a correction of sorts. The people who got fat during the heyday and didn save for the drought. I am busier than I've ever been and am growing exponentially every year. I play it smart and am always hiring. People are just lazy shitbags and don't want to work.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 05:23:05 PM »
so wait, and now what will ppl do,blame the government for that?

is really the govt to blame for this?

if yes, which one?republican of back in the day or the current one?

wouldnt the ones to blame be the most rich companies whoms enablers generaly are the conservatives?

or maybe, that both parties amass debt like crazy?just for different things.

who outsourced many jobs ,who employs foreign ppl for small wages?

Lets just say the left will blame anyone else but themselves. They'll blame the right, their mothers, their kids, your kids, my kids, business owners...ANYONE but themselves.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
  What company do you own Iron?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 05:34:17 PM »
 spain is almost 60% with out jobs    shit is fucked

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »
  What company do you own Iron?

I work in construction, private and government sector. I am a subcontractor that does work that is pretty specialized, but it's not rocket science what I do. There is manual labor involved, but I do the bidding and PM. We work all over the east coast and southeast.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 05:54:01 PM »

are you allowed to take swiss citizens for workers?ive always wanted to try the usa for a couple months :D

As long as you can work legally, you're good. I usually hire seasonal labor, college kids seem to work the best, and use temp services such as Aerotek to fill in. I pay a premium for it though, with Hazwoper certified guys costin me $30hr when I need them.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 05:56:01 PM »
  Congrats Iron

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 05:58:34 PM »
Overpopulation, too many people, wether they are overdiplomed or unskilled, less and less jobs, bad economy crashing businesses, industries moved to asia... not going to end well, we are at the end of a cycle and we need to operate an artificial selection in our own specie, namely; famines, ethnic and international wars.

Buy gold, silver, ammo and farmland!

The truth right there.

310 million people in the USA. Not all will have high paying jobs. That's just how it is.

Country folks will mostly be ok. We are used to being self-sufficient. It's the city folk who will really suffer. Blue collar city folks in america are already in a shitty situation actually.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 06:00:45 PM »
they got no money for proper schools, no joke, their kids go to school in containers.

greece, portugal and cyprus are also entirely fucked up.

next in line are slovenia and maybe some bigger nation.

haha, the european commision says slovenia is safe, but i know many ppl from there, and they all say the same,theres no money and even if you work, you simply dont get paid.

and the eu is about to allow croatia into the union,haha.croatia is a total joke, economy wise.
and serbia is another joining candidate,in serbia the ppl dont even have money to sip a coffee on the boulevards

are you allowed to take swiss citizens for workers?ive always wanted to try the usa for a couple months :D
I got friends in Spain it's very bad there now.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 06:13:04 PM »
if you read zero hedge daily as i do, it is obvious the global crash is planned by elites from the whole world, they just want it to happen during summer so it will be easier for world populations to cope; one thing is sure tho, next winter is going to be tough for a lot lot of people on earth. Fact is the whole thing is scripted. Pretty tough to tell if japan, italy, spain or the US will colapse first but they ve all been out of order for quite a while. Markets are completley disconected from reality and artificially rated, basically alls numbers are manipulated, for the simple reason they are going to decide when truth will be revealed. In cyprus and everywhere in europe elites were able to get their money in safety weeks before it happened, simply because it is completely planned from the getgo. The same will apply everywhere, asia, north america, all rich people are carefully puting their assets in safety at the moment, they dont want to scare the sheeple, and once they re protected enough they ll stop manipulating numbers and most people worldwide will be ruined in days. There are no bullshit economists everywhere in europe telling the crowds be very careful, the elites are soon going to rape you raw. Most mainstream medias, journalists etc are hand in hand with both politics and industrials, so they keep saying everything will be allright, but it's when they re saying that you know you can start to panick, because it's exactly the opposite that s going to happen. They dont care much, they re all rich and safe. Those are middle and lower classes problems , not theirs; they ve been richer they ll still be richer, and will have security and military forces working for them.

They decided to start slowly with cyprus a little island with small population, to prepare psychologically the rest of europe and the world. All of this is perfectly planned. In cyprus they didnt revolt in the first days, they were shocked by the event, but it's weeks later people start to realize and to get angry. At this moment elites are already fleeing in their private jets to some hot sunny spot on earth with their millions or billions.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 06:22:14 PM »
in other disturbing news it looks like the filthy chinks have a new flu outbreak...

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 06:24:52 PM »
in other disturbing news it looks like the filthy chinks have a new flu outbreak...
You sure are a weird mother fucker. In real life over you are batshit crazy. It's all good though. This world drives many people crazy..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 06:25:49 PM »
haha didn't even watch it yet.  dude at the gym told me about guillotine in fema camps
Seems like North Korea is involved.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 06:26:02 PM »
H7N9  one in three are dying from it