Author Topic: LAUREN POWERS BEFORE AND AFTER.  (Read 30858 times)

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
LAUREN POWERS BEFORE AND AFTER.
« on: April 05, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »
Below are a few pictures of a lady Bodybuilder that wasn't always that way. As it turns out my wife grew up with this gal although her last name wasn't Power's back then. They would hang out at Muscle Beach as little girls and the Bodybuilders use them as weights and do curls with one on each arm. They lost touch after grade school.  In the late 90s I used to sometimes hang out at a little bar called The Tea Room at the Newport Beach Golf Course. Funny but that's where I met Lauren. She played golf there and wasn't involved in bodybuilding at that time.  I also didn't know that this was the same gal that grew up with my wife. After a few more years my wife and I were watching a show on TV about Strange Addictions and far and behold there was Lauren telling her story about her addiction to roids and bodybuilding. I told me wife I know that gal from the bar. Jan then told me , I grew up with her and showed me some pics of them togather. So we pulled her up on Facebook and jan contacted her. But what a coincidence that the two of us had both met this gal at different times in our lives. By the way Lauren never knew that I was from Zuver's Gym and one of her good friends is Mike Glass who worked as Zuver's Gym Manager in the 70s ant got his start with the help of my father. Neither of them knew about us knowing them.  The girl on the left is my wife Jan and the girl on the right is Lauren. And no, Jan didn't choose that career.
Strange Small World.
RZ

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
Re: LAUREN POWERS BEFORE AND AFTER.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 10:47:32 PM »
A few more shots taken at Muscle Beach Contest.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »
good story..... ;D ;D ;D did you ever hear about george eiferman who fathered a child with one of his "friends " wives and wasn't told about it till he was old?
F

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »
good story..... ;D ;D ;D did you ever hear about george eiferman who fathered a child with one of his "friends " wives and wasn't told about it till he was old?

Didn't ever hear that story. Never got the chance, that I remember, to meet George.  I know he used to hang and train with Steve Reeves who had visited our gym on at least one occasion.
Tell that story sometime if you can. I for one would love to hear it.
RZ

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 01:32:03 PM »
Didn't ever hear that story. Never got the chance, that I remember, to meet George.  I know he used to hang and train with Steve Reeves who had visited our gym on at least one occasion.
Tell that story sometime if you can. I for one would love to hear it.
RZ
go on youtube.com type in mr. universe george eiferman 1925-2002 a life's story and it will come up. they actually have it in pictures.
F

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 01:33:49 PM »
go on youtube.com type in mr. universe george eiferman 1925-2002 a life's story and it will come up. they actually have it in pictures.

Cool Thanks
Ill check it out.

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 05:01:56 AM »
I visited George in his final years and was told that he was not in fact the father of the child in question, even though he (George) had been led to believe he was.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 10:10:33 AM »
I visited George in his final years and was told that he was not in fact the father of the child in question, even though he (George) had been led to believe he was.

How about posting the story as you know it?

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »
Lauren Powers
Some of the after.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 06:07:50 PM »
I saw that tv show.  I also trained at Eifermans gym a few times back in the day.  It was old school even back then.  My wife and I lived in Reno breifly and traveled down to Las Vegas and she won the Ms. Nevada.  No drugs nothing.  Bob knows she has great genetics!  Damned if we didn't lose her big silver trophy platter and ribbon somewhere  over the years.  Anyway we trained the last week before the show at George's gym las vegas.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 06:19:38 PM »
And to think !
I met her back before she ever touched a weight.