Author Topic: Longterm Use  (Read 3321 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Longterm Use
« on: December 16, 2005, 09:36:01 PM »
This question really only applies to those of you who are very experienced gear users, and by experience I'm referring to those of you who have been using for many, many years... and that would be guys who  fall in the above 35 age range or over 40 is more what I'm looking for. I'm only 27 and am just curios to what some of you who have been at this longer think about your journey (as Div would say) to the "Dark Side."

Is there anything you regret about your decision to become a permanent juice head?

Have you experienced any health problems associated with long term use?

Looking back, if you could do things differently, what would you do instead? By this I don't mean would you just plain stay away from gear, but I am referring to changes you might have made in concerning the way you have gone about the whole thing.

I'm not doubting my own decisions that I've made, but as I said I'm still relatively young and would just like a little bit of a deeper insight on the whole of things from some of the more seasoned guys on here.

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Longterm Use
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 09:49:13 PM »
All i know is my ass burns, when I eat to much hot sauce, so instead of asking myself why I just don't think about it and when I have mexican food again i pour on the hot sauce...make sense
It's like everything has a negative but with it a positive

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 10:11:54 PM »
This question really only applies to those of you who are very experienced gear users, and by experience I'm referring to those of you who have been using for many, many years... and that would be guys who  fall in the above 35 age range or over 40 is more what I'm looking for. I'm only 27 and am just curios to what some of you who have been at this longer think about your journey (as Div would say) to the "Dark Side."

Is there anything you regret about your decision to become a permanent juice head?

Have you experienced any health problems associated with long term use?

Looking back, if you could do things differently, what would you do instead? By this I don't mean would you just plain stay away from gear, but I am referring to changes you might have made in concerning the way you have gone about the whole thing.

I'm not doubting my own decisions that I've made, but as I said I'm still relatively young and would just like a little bit of a deeper insight on the whole of things from some of the more seasoned guys on here.

Good post.

I'm curious to hear about this as well.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 07:22:05 AM »

By this I don't mean would you just plain stay away from gear

If you want the whole story and truth.....why would you not wanna hear this?

bravo

• Getbig II
  • Self Inflicted!!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 09:12:34 AM »
"you want the truth?"

Yeah, I want the truth!!!

"YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!" 

Its a roller coaster at best....peaks and valleys, sometimes too much distance b/w the two....10 guys will give you ten different answers;suffice it to say, most never look back once they venture to the "dark side".

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 11:16:15 AM »
Its a roller coaster at best....peaks and valleys, sometimes too much distance b/w the two....10 guys will give you ten different answers;suffice it to say, most never look back once they venture to the "dark side".

Exactly.

Once you're in it, you're in it.......

Like Trent Reznor said..........."the downward spiral"......

There's no turning back.

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 11:18:34 AM »
If you want the whole story and truth.....why would you not wanna hear this?
I just wanted to make sure the thread did not come off as me having second thoughts, or that I'm looking for some sort of justification, but  if you have something to say along the lines of never picking up the needle, then by all means say it

BIGMIKE

• Getbig III
  • PAIN IS JUST A FOUR LETTER WORD
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 03:34:26 PM »
I'M IN MY EARLY 30'S AND I'VE BEEN USING ON AND OFF FOR ABOUT 12 YEARS.THE ONLY REGRET I HAVE IS NOT BEING BETTER INFORMED WHEN I FIRST STARTED.THERE WAS MUCH MORE I NEEDED TO LEARN BEFORE STARING.I PROBABLY SHOULD'VE WAITED A LIL LONGER AS WELL.OTHER THAN THAT,I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.(EXCEPT HAVING MORE MONEY TO GET MORE THINGS.)LOL.I DID GO THRU A "DENIAL" PERIOD WHEN I THOUGHT I COULD ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS W/OUT THEM,AND I DID.AFTER BEING CLEAN FOR 2 YEARS,I GAINED 30 LBS OF MUSCLE IN 8 MONTHS USING ONLY CREATINE AND PROHORMONES.(I KNOW,SHAME ON ME).THAT WAS WHEN I REALIZED THAT I NEEDED TO COME BACK.THE REST IS HISTORY...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 08:49:38 PM »
Come on guys, some of you old farts have got to have something to say about this...just kidding about the old farts, but come on,  I know there are some more of you on here with opinions.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 11:34:41 PM »
Come on guys, some of you old farts have got to have something to say about this...just kidding about the old farts, but come on,  I know there are some more of you on here with opinions.

I'm waiting too, Arnold jr.

I think they're lurking and afraid to post.   :-X

DIV

musclestang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 07:35:04 AM »
this is an awesome topic and i am very curious to hear answers from long time users too.  great idea Arnold jr.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 09:17:22 AM »
come on guys, i too, want to hear some of u guys stories, help us young bucks out!

muscle
muscle

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 05:09:47 PM »
I feel that the *longterm juice head thing* almost limited my
will to post - as even a joke, it is a stigma or sort of thing that
I have struggled with or have issues with on occaision
people in life, X'es and jealous types ; - )

Technically - I qualify (on the old fart thing) as an oldtimer
that HAS done more gear (past [after] 40 years old) than in my 30s.
As I have become better informed the more SAFE I feel
using these SELECT substances. Regrets? probably
only that I did not try in my late 20s....

Long term health - (no problems) -  knock on wood . . .
The only real concern IS hypertension is more likely
to increase with increased body mass. I am treated.
I have to watch salt in my diet

My choice to consider use of AAS WILL BE ONE
that I will be  g l a d  to say that I have experienced
and I have significantly benefit from reasonable use.
1 life 1 liver

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 06:46:38 PM »
Well I am gonna try and tackle this the best I can for you guys.  First off I'm sure some of you younger guys have probally used more gear than me (42)  so the experience I may have over you younger guy's is life experience.

I can say one thing about life and that it is about choices.  Gear-no gear, smoke weed-don't smoke weed, drink booze-don't drink booze, f*ck that chick with a rubber-or no rubber, stay in bed every morning-get up and go to work, base jump that cliff-stay on the ground and it goes on and on, I think you get the idea.

We all take risks in life to enjoy and live it to it's fullest, thats part of what makes it worth living. 

But what you don't want is to make choices you may regret down the road.  I hope all of us here are aware that choosing gear is a risk.  I know lot's of you guy's are really young and may not use this much foresite but it is important.

Because you never wanna be looking back in hindsite saying why the f*ck did I choose to do that!  Do you all think it is coincidental that so many BB (i know 2 in my little circle) have died of heart related problems?  I will say this, you don't wanna be sitting in your doctors office in ten or twenty years getting the bad news that somethings f*cked up.........believe me at that point you will have hurt BIG time everyone you love, also you may have children.....how are they gonna handle the news of your condition? or your Mother or your Dad?  Cause daddy wanted to be freeking big? For what? I don't think anybody here is putting money on the table by taking juice.

And that IS the way it goes, you will be kicking yourself in the ass wondering how you could have been so damn stupid and selfish.  If the reapper appears at your doorstep you will be crying like a baby wishing you could turn back the hands of time, but you cant.

I know I come off anti-gear here and I'm not saying that, this applys to all kinds of the choices we make.  It's just important to have your eyes wide open when you make YOUR choices.

massivemann

• Getbig II
  • Hit me up on aim!
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2005, 07:53:36 PM »
I have gone on a cycle for over a year, and had many long cycles as well. I have no health problems and get check ups all the time, never use hcg just clomid and nolva. and Im about to go on hgh for ever!!! since prices on hgh is going now i can afford to stay on all the time at 1.6$ an iu 4 to 8 a day isnt that much anymore

if you have any question about my cycles or anything let me know and i will hep you out the best i can

later
OFFSHOREIRONcom

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 08:01:48 PM »

- - It's just important to have your eyes wide open when you make YOUR choices. - -

L2H

Very good post . . . I (almost) by comparison
sound or appear like I am gloating . . . sorry not intended.

You make several very valid points - thank you.
There are points (like weighing the risks) that you make
that I agree with . . . *one life - one liver*

In my case, it goes without saying - I would have NEVER
approached AAS use without being appropriately informed
and IF I did not feel it *100%* safe to pursue...

I waited until late in life and now approach
more like (maintainence) HRT than advanced BB regime,
or an extension of my existing (lifelong) fitness program.

1 life 1 liver

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 08:29:39 PM »
LTH, MEM, and MassM, I really, really appreciate the replies to this post... keep adding to it if you have anymore to say on this topic.

This topic is something that is important to me, since I  use gear and plan on continuing use. You all are right, it's all about choice, weighing out the pros and cons and making smart well informed decisions.  I don't feel that my decisions regarding this have been made blindly, but at the same time I am fully aware that I need to learn more and more... I seriously doubt that I will ever reach a point to where I have learned all there is to about gear... you can always learn more. I know that my decision to use gear is one that has its risk, and I hope that advise from those that are more experienced like you 3 guys will continue to help me minimize these risk as much as possible. 

Again, appreciate the replies, and if I ever say anything on this board I about gear that is misinformed or misplaced, please by all means, do not hesitate to bust my balls when it's needed.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 09:56:39 PM »
yeah, thanks guys, real informative!

muscle
muscle