Author Topic: Sergio Oliva-what AAS stack was he on???  (Read 14238 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Sergio Oliva-what AAS stack was he on???
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 07:30:46 PM »
 ;D

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 07:54:59 PM »
It was Sergio that took the D-bol by the handful.

It was Arnold that loved Primo

It was Larry Scott that used to debate whether or not to take a 1/2 a tab of D-bol

I'd be curious about Frank Zane. He must have kept his mouth shut ~

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 09:34:59 PM »
Freddy Ortiz in the 60 and 70s used to take large amounts of dbol.. He actually said in a seminar " who needs protein powder if you have lots of dbol"... So the idea that Larry Scott was being truthful at 10 Mgs of dbol is silly... Kinda like Robbie saying he only took 200 Mgs of deca...

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »
cell techo

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »
Freddy Ortiz in the 60 and 70s used to take large amounts of dbol.. He actually said in a seminar " who needs protein powder if you have lots of dbol"... So the idea that Larry Scott was being truthful at 10 Mgs of dbol is silly... Kinda like Robbie saying he only took 200 Mgs of deca...

There is a pic of Larry that I saw after he retired. He looks to be around 140 pounds. Doesn't look like he ever lifted a weight in his life. I'll have to search for it.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 10:21:01 AM »
It was Sergio that took the D-bol by the handful.

It was Arnold that loved Primo

It was Larry Scott that used to debate whether or not to take a 1/2 a tab of D-bol

I'd be curious about Frank Zane. He must have kept his mouth shut ~
^^
Arnold ALSO took D-bol along with primo, in Rick Wayne's book "Muscle Wars" Arnie used to take 8 D-bol's with bacon and Eggs for breakfast.
Larry Scott used to take about 3 to 4 D-bols every day, by other sources...
Frank Zane was a great user of WINSTROL... and T3 (Thyroid).

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 10:24:03 AM »
There is a pic of Larry that I saw after he retired. He looks to be around 140 pounds. Doesn't look like he ever lifted a weight in his life. I'll have to search for it.

Are you insinuating he actually took a full tab of dbol?!

Scott retired to lead a Mormon lifestyle, then went back to dark side cause it paid the bills...

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 10:27:55 AM »
^^
Arnold ALSO took D-bol along with primo, in Rick Wayne's book "Muscle Wars" Arnie used to take 8 D-bol's with bacon and Eggs for breakfast.
Larry Scott used to take about 3 to 4 D-bols every day, by other sources...
Frank Zane was a great user of WINSTROL... and T3 (Thyroid).

Larry Scott at his prime was a big man, he took more than that. And back then it was legal, and the real deal

Arnold took a lot of everything too, and I'm sure Zane also did whatever it took

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 10:31:39 AM »
Ortiz as said before,  wasn't afraid to speak of his handful at a time dbol consumption
He also drank alcohol to bring out his vascularity

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 12:56:41 PM »
Ortiz as said before,  wasn't afraid to speak of his handful at a time dbol consumption
He also drank alcohol to bring out his vascularity
ORTIZ IS A LILTTLE FREAK THERE,,CHEST,WAIST,,BUT LARRY SCOTT HAD THOSE CANNON SHOULDER AND ARM'S GOOD LOOKING GUY/HAIR..GREAT LOOK

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 02:56:57 PM »
ciba-geigy dbols really packed on the beef, i saw huge gains in 3 weeks from that stuff back in 83
R

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 11:53:59 AM »
seems the taking of drugs is not really monitored . is there a posology for taking them or just a n empirical factor . .

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
This was 41 years ago .....    

WOOSSHHHHHHHHHH

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 11:58:57 AM »
^

AMAZING!!!!

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2013, 06:22:18 AM »
yes the myth was a bit more complete  than arnold fuller bellies . arnold had better calves . . but sergio seldom was in full condition .

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 07:55:16 AM »
I trained with Makkawy all thru his early eighties heydays and Olympia runs. As we live in Toronto, the MuscleMag crew who also was based there were always around. If you want to blame someone for Sergio Oliva's poor placing in his '84 comeback, you should blame MuscleMags gossip columnist GREG ZULAK, because he is the one who designed Oliva's drug protocol for that show. Greg was a depressed guy always and was even gloomier after the show that he "had massively underdrugged/underdosed Sergio" for that show...and Sergio had compared to others for all intensive purposes gone into that show "almost clean". Zulie was in the absolute dumper that he had fucked up "The Myth". And I can tell you there was NO GH in that cycle, nor had i EVER heard GH associated with Sergio at any time prior.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 08:09:15 AM »
I trained with Makkawy all thru his early eighties heydays and Olympia runs. As we live in Toronto, the MuscleMag crew who also was based there were always around. If you want to blame someone for Sergio Oliva's poor placing in his '84 comeback, you should blame MuscleMags gossip columnist GREG ZULAK, because he is the one who designed Oliva's drug protocol for that show. Greg was a depressed guy always and was even gloomier after the show that he "had massively underdrugged/underdosed Sergio" for that show...and Sergio had compared to others for all intensive purposes gone into that show "almost clean". Zulie was in the absolute dumper that he had fucked up "The Myth". And I can tell you there was NO GH in that cycle, nor had i EVER heard GH associated with Sergio at any time prior.

I don't think anyone used GH or insulin way back then, did they?

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
Here the one of Arnold, Sergio had to have the same.

$

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 11:41:46 AM »
I trained with Makkawy all thru his early eighties heydays and Olympia runs

Share some stuff on Makkawy

Not just drugs, diet, training...

8)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 12:13:13 PM »

thats pretty cool that u trained with makkawy, i always liked his build and used to read about how vince gironda trained him n stuff
R

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 12:24:38 PM »

Sergio is the ONLY person to blame for a poor showing, no one else. Ultimately he is responsible for his actions. He looked good in 84 albeit not his former glory but still good , 10 ten after a long lay-off of competition is nothing to scoff at but let's be realistic he wasn't going to win

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 12:35:29 PM »
This was 41 years ago .....    

WOOSSHHHHHHHHHH

In this photo he looks like he could kick ass in modern proshows. And he could, anyone who claims otherwise is fucking dumb. He was HUGE as fuck.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 03:43:42 PM »
Sergio is the ONLY person to blame for a poor showing, no one else. Ultimately he is responsible for his actions. He looked good in 84 albeit not his former glory but still good , 10 ten after a long lay-off of competition is nothing to scoff at but let's be realistic he wasn't going to win

Precisely.

May he rest in peace, but Sergio wasn't a particularly sharp guy or, from what I've gathered, at all disciplined when it came to bodybuilding.  His idea of "dieting" was to eat a lot of burgers, french fries and pancakes covered in maple syrup, followed up by gallons of cold Coca-Cola and pizzas.

Many have also attested to his "haphazard" training; some days, he'd come chase a pump for maybe 30 min. with light weights, get distracted by some gym bunny and then abandon his workout to go try and smooth-talk her (the very idea, LOL ... of course, looking like El Poder Negro, maybe he didn't need to talk much game to score mad pussy.  There are always those silly mudshark bitches out there, like Amanda Bynes, who are all curious about the black dick).  

OTOH, then you have guys like Arnold who swore Sergio was ridiculously strong and could easily plop down and flat bench 405 for 12+ no problemo -- but getting him to actually DO that was probably more effort on your part than he'd actually put into the set.  

And, of course, there's the infamous tale of Arnold and Sergio in a "pose-off," both tired, both about ready to walk offstage.  Arnold leaned to Sergio, said he'd had enough and started to walk offstage.  Sergio, like a big dope, followed ... only Arnold walked back onto the stage and continued posing, as if to say, "BOOM!  Look at dis hunk o' man, somethin' like dat'."

Oops.  Got my bodybuilding references mixed up.  But what Matty Ferringo said will do well enough.  Arnold exposed Oliva for the lazy dummy he was.  

We can talk what-ifs all fucking day long, but IF Sergio had the drive of someone like Dorian Yates and someone to properly direct his drug use and diet, he would've been unstoppable until he suffered a very serious injury.

Personally, I think Steve Reeves was of barely average intelligence at best.  To me, then, he was kind of dumb.  His most profound statement vis-a-vis weight training was, "No brain, no gain."  Wow.  I kneel before steeps of his deeply-sunken, forever shaded eyes and mightily-jutting brow for such insight  ::)  But as stupidly simple as it is, just like Lee Haney's "stimuhlate, don'ts annihilate!" credo, most every major champ that's come down the pike since Yates has been side-lined by injury or some similar kind of fuck-up.  Coleman, Cutler.  And that Dominican dude spent time behind bars.  Dexter finally aged out and Kai fucked a grapefruit, so I doubt they'll ever give the title to him injury or no.  

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »
No tren as in parabolan....The original " mass maker" lol..  Parabolan was in great demand in the 8os.. The tren of today is great but the parabolan amps were awesome...

I'll vouch for that because I used it.  I kept an unopened amp and the box for posterity sake... I still have it.

My squat went up 100 lbs.  Bench went up 75 lbs... in only about 4 weeks.  Hard as nails too.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
Precisely.

May he rest in peace, but Sergio wasn't a particularly sharp guy or, from what I've gathered, at all disciplined when it came to bodybuilding.  His idea of "dieting" was to eat a lot of burgers, french fries and pancakes covered in maple syrup, followed up by gallons of cold Coca-Cola and pizzas.

Many have also attested to his "haphazard" training; some days, he'd come chase a pump for maybe 30 min. with light weights, get distracted by some gym bunny and then abandon his workout to go try and smooth-talk her (the very idea, LOL ... of course, looking like El Poder Negro, maybe he didn't need to talk much game to score mad pussy.  There are always those silly mudshark bitches out there, like Amanda Bynes, who are all curious about the black dick).  

OTOH, then you have guys like Arnold who swore Sergio was ridiculously strong and could easily plop down and flat bench 405 for 12+ no problemo -- but getting him to actually DO that was probably more effort on your part than he'd actually put into the set.  

And, of course, there's the infamous tale of Arnold and Sergio in a "pose-off," both tired, both about ready to walk offstage.  Arnold leaned to Sergio, said he'd had enough and started to walk offstage.  Sergio, like a big dope, followed ... only Arnold walked back onto the stage and continued posing, as if to say, "BOOM!  Look at dis hunk o' man, somethin' like dat'."

Oops.  Got my bodybuilding references mixed up.  But what Matty Ferringo said will do well enough.  Arnold exposed Oliva for the lazy dummy he was.  

We can talk what-ifs all fucking day long, but IF Sergio had the drive of someone like Dorian Yates and someone to properly direct his drug use and diet, he would've been unstoppable until he suffered a very serious injury.

Personally, I think Steve Reeves was of barely average intelligence at best.  To me, then, he was kind of dumb.  His most profound statement vis-a-vis weight training was, "No brain, no gain."  Wow.  I kneel before steeps of his deeply-sunken, forever shaded eyes and mightily-jutting brow for such insight  ::)  But as stupidly simple as it is, just like Lee Haney's "stimuhlate, don'ts annihilate!" credo, most every major champ that's come down the pike since Yates has been side-lined by injury or some similar kind of fuck-up.  Coleman, Cutler.  And that Dominican dude spent time behind bars.  Dexter finally aged out and Kai fucked a grapefruit, so I doubt they'll ever give the title to him injury or no.  

what's dumb about "stimulate, don't annihilate"? ???

"if sergio had the drive of dorian yates" ::)

yes, i'm sure he would have been a shredded 310 pounds onstage ::)

sergio had bigger (not better) legs and a thicker back than arnold, that's all.

and lol @ him getting utterly annihilated by haney in 84... wtf was he thinking?