Author Topic: Just raised our business to another level  (Read 5443 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Just raised our business to another level
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 06:32:47 AM »
After today, we'll be one of only 65 NKT practitioners in the country. There was a thread on here awhile back about what was the best cert to get. I said concentrate on specialty certs that actually will help people along with a CPT (NSCA, NASM) CSCS, PES (also NSCA, NASM) this one is highly recommended.

http://neurokinetictherapy.com/
I blame Obama.    >:(

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 12:39:11 PM »
  Congrats Coach

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 12:47:28 PM »
Coach was one of the first practitioners of the 5 minute anabolic window fresh protein synthesis theory, whereby after a workout Bill Pearl would take Joe in to the locker room and deposit a fresh load in to his stomach ,to shuttle amino acids to his aching muscle for advanced tissue repair.

Fairly easy to track down proxys now a days. LOL. Exposure is just around the corner. Haha

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »
Is this shit for real?  Basically a 15 year old could get certified in about a week or less, and start practicing?  Fucking hell, i'm in the wrong business.   :D

Taken from the Neurokinetics website:

The basic certification includes the 15 hour Level One Course in NeuroKinetic Therapy. In addition the student must present three written case studies explaining how they used NKT in their sessions and must either perform an NKT session on David Weinstock or one of his advanced students, or perform an NKT session via Skype. The cost of this half hour session is $70. This session is used to evaluate the proficiency and knowledge of the student.

The 15 hour Level Two Course, plus three case studies and a supervised NKT session, advances the student to the next level of certification.

Sample case study

Patient presented with right sided Lower Back/SI Joint Pain With the patient in a prone position, I had him arch his lower back and he had pain in his right SI region. He did not have pain when he flattened his lower back. I had him arch his lower back to initiate the NKT protocol. Then I manual muscle tested his transversus abdominus (TVA) and it tested weak. I therapy localized over the right SI region and when I re tested his TVA, it got strong. I performed an SI joint gapping maneuver on the right SI joint and then had him arch his lower back followed by re-testing his TVA. It stayed strong. I sent him home with a home SI gapping maneuver with his belt and taught him TVA exercises. I advised him to perform the gapping for 30-60 seconds and perform 30 TVA exercise repetitions (2x/day).

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
Is this shit for real?  Basically a 15 year old could get certified in about a week or less, and start practicing?  Fucking hell, i'm in the wrong business.   :D

Taken from the Neurokinetics website:

The basic certification includes the 15 hour Level One Course in NeuroKinetic Therapy. In addition the student must present three written case studies explaining how they used NKT in their sessions and must either perform an NKT session on David Weinstock or one of his advanced students, or perform an NKT session via Skype. The cost of this half hour session is $70. This session is used to evaluate the proficiency and knowledge of the student.

The 15 hour Level Two Course, plus three case studies and a supervised NKT session, advances the student to the next level of certification.

Sample case study

Patient presented with right sided Lower Back/SI Joint Pain With the patient in a prone position, I had him arch his lower back and he had pain in his right SI region. He did not have pain when he flattened his lower back. I had him arch his lower back to initiate the NKT protocol. Then I manual muscle tested his transversus abdominus (TVA) and it tested weak. I therapy localized over the right SI region and when I re tested his TVA, it got strong. I performed an SI joint gapping maneuver on the right SI joint and then had him arch his lower back followed by re-testing his TVA. It stayed strong. I sent him home with a home SI gapping maneuver with his belt and taught him TVA exercises. I advised him to perform the gapping for 30-60 seconds and perform 30 TVA exercise repetitions (2x/day).

Homework for the client is usually approximately 3000 repetitions to reset the muscle pattern with follow ups to retest the weak area. I'm sure you've heard the words (more than likely by me) "Kinetic chain". Basically resetting muscle patterns in a weak link of that chain to help prevent injury. We've a ton of success with baseball players and tennis players.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »
Patient presented with right sided Lower Back/SI Joint Pain With the patient in a prone position, I had him arch his lower back and he had pain in his right SI region. He did not have pain when he flattened his lower back. I had him arch his lower back to initiate the NKT protocol. Then I manual muscle tested his transversus abdominus (TVA) and it tested weak. I therapy localized over the right SI region and when I re tested his TVA, it got strong. I performed an SI joint gapping maneuver on the right SI joint and then had him arch his lower back followed by re-testing his TVA. It stayed strong. I sent him home with a home SI gapping maneuver with his belt and taught him TVA exercises. I advised him to perform the gapping for 30-60 seconds and perform 30 TVA exercise repetitions (2x/day).[/b]

???

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
Sounds like coach sucks dick under a towel.
P

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 01:43:54 PM »
Sounds like coach sucks dick under a towel.

10,000miles away? In your defense you don't hide and we know what you like, receding hair line and all (at 30 something) 

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »
Homework for the client is usually approximately 3000 repetitions to reset the muscle pattern with follow ups to retest the weak area. I'm sure you've heard the words (more than likely by me) "Kinetic chain". Basically resetting muscle patterns in a weak link of that chain to help prevent injury. We've a ton of success with baseball players and tennis players.

I'm not talking about repetitions, or any of that other mumbo jumbo.  I'm talking about getting certified to practice this crap.  What kind of shit is this?  15 hour course, present 3 case studies explaining how they used NKT, and then perform a session via skype with the grand master.  Then you get certified?  Is this some sort of pyramid scheme?   :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »
I'm not talking about repetitions, or any of that other mumbo jumbo.  I'm talking about getting certified to practice this crap.  What kind of shit is this?  15 hour course, present 3 case studies explaining how they used NKT, and then perform a session via skype with the grand master.  Then you get certified?  Is this some sort of pyramid scheme?   :D

Ok, so how long should a cert course be? 20 hrs? 30? 40? what? Did you read the part of how to prepare for the course? So, how long should it be? I guess the previous six months of prep for the hands on didn't mean anything.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 11:01:03 PM »
Let me ask you. When a doctor learns a new medical technique, does he/she go through another 8-10 years of schooling? When I hear stupid shit like this from people who have no idea what their talking about, It really makes me wonder about people's thought processes. If a someone gets their medical degree (or damn near any degree) if they just went off that degree alone without learning anything new, that degree would be fucking useless in 5-10 years.

Yeah! What does a MD know :D

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 07:04:28 AM »
Ok, so how long should a cert course be? 20 hrs? 30? 40? what? Did you read the part of how to prepare for the course? So, how long should it be? I guess the previous six months of prep for the hands on didn't mean anything.

Here's the problem I have with this.  You're going to be potentially treating real medical problems.  Low back pain, neck pain, repetitive strain, carpal tunnel, shoulder injuries, elbow injuries, car accident injuries, running injuries, knee injuries, plantar fascilitis, TMJ, cranial therapy, etc. 

So somebody comes to you and says, "I've been getting this terrible sharp pain in my right shoulder when I raise it overhead."  You tell them, "Come on in, i'll fix you right up.  I'm going to have you do 3000 repetitions to reset that shoulder."

Meanwhile, they have a partial tear of their rotator cuff due to a growing bone spur.  Your 3000 reps just fucked them up worse.  The best part is, anyone can practice this shit after taking a 15 hour course and getting certified via Skype.

A couple of questions for you Coach.  Do you think you can treat medical conditions with your NKT training?  How much malpractice insurance are you going to carry?   ???

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 08:12:17 AM »
As a doctor this shit is funny to me. There is literally no science to support this. It cites patterns stored in the brain as the cause of malfunction.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2013, 08:34:43 AM »
As a doctor this shit is funny to me. There is literally no science to support this. It cites patterns stored in the brain as the cause of malfunction.

What type of a Dr are you?

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2013, 09:16:57 AM »
holy christ, just more proof how fucking dumb humans are to pay for this bullshit. amazing this garbage is legal and assholes like coach are allowed to "treat" medical issues

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2013, 09:46:52 AM »
Here's the problem I have with this.  You're going to be potentially treating real medical problems.  Low back pain, neck pain, repetitive strain, carpal tunnel, shoulder injuries, elbow injuries, car accident injuries, running injuries, knee injuries, plantar fascilitis, TMJ, cranial therapy, etc. 

In each one of these "injuries" you have described, first define what kind on injury it maybe. Take a shoulder injury, what kind are you suggesting? Knee? what's the injury? Cranial? I wouldn't have anything to do with that.

So somebody comes to you and says, "I've been getting this terrible sharp pain in my right shoulder when I raise it overhead."  You tell them, "Come on in, i'll fix you right up.  I'm going to have you do 3000 repetitions to reset that shoulder."

This is a great example and funny you should mention this. My son is a catcher, during a Thanksgiving tournament, there was only one catcher the entire tournament, he and another, there there were six games that weekend and he being the starting regular season catcher, caught a total of 21 innings and two full 9 inning games the Sunday before he went back to school. I figured he through around 7-800 balls that weekend. His arm was shot by the last game, no big deal it was expected. I tried to let the coach know to rest him, he didn't. The next day when he went to school and practice and at his practice, instead of resting him, they threw about 20 balls then went right into long toss, that's when he felt it. It's been fucked up ever since. Testing with an ortho) showed no signs of a tear and no "catching" (labrum). He was told to do the usual, rest, anti-inflammatories, stim, bio-freez, ice, etc. Two weeks ago, they were had a hard practice, rapid fire throwdowns, back picks then he felt it again but worse, WE SEE THE ORTHO TODAY. But in between that time my wife did an NKT protocol when gave him relief, pain went from 7-8 to a 2-3 and has stayed that way. I put together a throwing program with no long toss and a maximum of 30 throws in a velocity progression. He throws with little if any pain now.

Meanwhile, they have a partial tear of their rotator cuff due to a growing bone spur.  Your 3000 reps just fucked them up worse.  The best part is, anyone can practice this shit after taking a 15 hour course and getting certified via Skype.

A couple of questions for you Coach.  Do you think you can treat medical conditions with your NKT training?  How much malpractice insurance are you going to carry?   ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2013, 09:48:19 AM »
holy christ, just more proof how fucking dumb humans are to pay for this bullshit. amazing this garbage is legal and assholes like coach are allowed to "treat" medical issues

It's not medical treatment you fucking moron. Jesus, people on this board are really smart or REALLY fucking dumb...case in point.

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2013, 09:50:57 AM »
It's not medical treatment you fucking moron. Jesus, people on this board are really smart or REALLY fucking dumb...case in point.

exactly, its crackpot medical treatment preying on morons who think if you touch their shoulder they will be cured

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »
exactly, its crackpot medical treatment preying on morons who think if you touch their shoulder they will be cured

Leave now and quit making an idiot of yourself.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 09:54:24 AM »
Athlete goes to two orthos complaining of pain in his shoulder. One ortho tells him to rest it and do nothing, the other (who specializes in sports injuries) tells him to keep training but avoid certain movements. Who's right?

BTW, I know there are orthos that read this board, I would like it if one or a few chime in.

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2013, 09:55:40 AM »
lol at Coach still taking kids money on the promise of turning them into superior athletes when he can't even make his own son a decent athlete.

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2013, 09:56:09 AM »
Athlete goes to two orthos complaining of pain in his shoulder. One ortho tells him to rest it and do nothing, the other (who specializes in sports injuries) tells him to keep training but avoid certain movements. Who's right?

then he comes to you and you perform "manual muscle testing" and make him all better correct? lulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2013, 09:56:52 AM »
lol at Coach still taking kids money on the promise of turning them into superior athletes when he can't even make his own son a decent athlete.

Like I said, proxies are easy to trace now a days. next to be exposed.

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2013, 09:57:07 AM »

oh no you have it wrong sir, his son hit .275 in high school and make the all-american team . that has to rank near the top of biggest lulzzzzzzzzzzz ever on this site

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »
then he comes to you and you perform "manual muscle testing" and make him all better correct? lulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz

Did I say that??