Author Topic: MSNBC Host: Your Kids Belong to the Collective  (Read 8410 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: MSNBC Host: Your Kids Belong to the Collective
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2013, 11:01:59 PM »
since I have to pay school taxes and dont have any any rugrats in school, yeah, I guess they do belong to me...i help support them.

And you have the right to demand your taxes make a meaningful contribution, and are NOT simply wasted,
...especially since you're making a relatively greater contribution with clearly less benefit than those with kids in the system.
w

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2013, 03:47:47 AM »
:-X :-X :-X

MSNBC Host: Your Kids Belong to the Collective

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
April 6, 2013

In the video below, college professor and MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry says your children are not yours – they are owned by the community. She says public education has failed because we have not allowed the state to confiscate more of our money.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

“We have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families,” says the professor of political science at Tulane University, where she is founding director of the Anna Julia Cooper Project on Gender, Race, and Politics in the South. Kids belong to whole communities, she insists, and once we realize this we’ll make “better investments” in government indoctrination of children.

http://www.infowars.com/your-kids-belong-to-the-collective/

People like this are going to initiate the end of days. Luckly i dont live in america.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2013, 05:44:53 AM »
I never understood people who casually overlook (or outright dismiss) civilizations that laid the foundation for the future and left us a rich history of mathematics, science, art and philosophy, in favor of paying attention to African tribes that barely subsisted and (maybe) lived in straw huts.

It may be easier to overlook such civilizations when one doesn't understand their contributions: e.g., while I imagine it's unfathomable for you to ignore the contributions that the invention of, say, calculus or set theory have made to mathematics, someone who knows squat about math can discount them rather easily. Combine this with a conscious effort on the part of many educators to deemphasize European contributions and emphasize twice over contributions made by anybody who isn't European, and I think the 'overlooking' phenomenon starts to make sense (in my experience, these educators are simply trying to highlight what they feel has been neglected in classrooms of yore).

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2013, 06:54:13 AM »
It may be easier to overlook such civilizations when one doesn't understand their contributions: e.g., while I imagine it's unfathomable for you to ignore the contributions that the invention of, say, calculus or set theory have made to mathematics, someone who knows squat about math can discount them rather easily. Combine this with a conscious effort on the part of many educators to deemphasize European contributions and emphasize twice over contributions made by anybody who isn't European, and I think the 'overlooking' phenomenon starts to make sense (in my experience, these educators are simply trying to highlight what they feel has been neglected in classrooms of yore).

Good thoughts, syntax.

It's the classroom environment succumbing to the multicultural/equalization approach to education. At times it is the educators trying to cover what they see as neglected topics and sometimes it's a directive handed down from the administration. In my experience it has been the latter rather than the former.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2013, 07:27:43 AM »

Excellent post. I hadn't really thought of it that way but it makes perfect sense (you know, in a twisted way).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2013, 12:15:46 PM »
The woman? ??? lol  :D  ok...

I agree... the ultimate responsibility for the care and training of kids belongs rests with the parents,
...however the ultimate responsibility for the building & development of a sound community, rests with the community.

You have a problem with me calling the woman who made the comment a woman?? 

The community's role in building and developing a sound community begins in the home with strong families.  Outside of that, the community builds and develops a sound community through an orderly system of support (police, fire, roads, schools, commerce, etc.) and by enacting rules that govern the community. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2013, 01:23:48 PM »
You have a problem with me calling the woman who made the comment a woman??  

I have no problem with you calling me a woman. It's just given our "relationship", I thought it was kind of funny. If you re-read your comment, in the right tone, I'm sure you will find the humour in it as well.
Wasn't at first sure if you were referring to me or Melissa Harris Perry.

The community's role in building and developing a sound community begins in the home with strong families.  Outside of that, the community builds and develops a sound community through an orderly system of support (police, fire, roads, schools, commerce, etc.) and by enacting rules that govern the community.  

Agreed, however when the foundation of a sound community is eroding, it is the responsibility of that sound society to fortify it... IF that sound community wants to remain sound. To deny otherwise IMO is akin to saying even though I have to walk across this tightrope, it's not my responsibility to make sure it's not frayed, and is strong enough to bear my weight. Or saying if I'm going to be shot, it's not my responsibility to ensure the gun is loaded with blanks. Would you really want to leave it up to ME to ensure the bullets that will shoot you or your family are blanks? :D
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »
I have no problem with you calling me a woman. It's just given our "relationship", I thought it was kind of funny. If you re-read your comment, in the right tone, I'm sure you will find the humour in it as well.
Wasn't at first sure if you were referring to me or Melissa Harris Perry.

Agreed, however when the foundation of a sound community is eroding, it is the responsibility of that sound society to fortify it... IF that sound community wants to remain sound. To deny otherwise IMO is akin to saying even though I have to walk across this tightrope, it's not my responsibility to make sure it's not frayed, and is strong enough to bear my weight. Or saying if I'm going to be shot, it's not my responsibility to ensure the gun is loaded with blanks. Would you really want to leave it up to ME to ensure the bullets that will shoot you or your family are blanks? :D

I was referring to Perry. 

The community fortifies itself in many ways (the ones I already mentioned).  It doesn't do so by inserting itself into the parent-child relationship, unless there is a specific need (neglect, crime, etc.).   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2013, 01:58:37 PM »
I was referring to Perry. 

The community fortifies itself in many ways (the ones I already mentioned).  It doesn't do so by inserting itself into the parent-child relationship, unless there is a specific need (neglect, crime, etc.).   

I wasn't referring to inserting oneself into the parent-child relationship, but rather taking an active role in supporting high community standards and not undermining them.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2013, 02:00:26 PM »
I wasn't referring to inserting oneself into the parent-child relationship, but rather taking an active role in supporting high community standards and not undermining them.

Whatever - any time someone tries that the usual suspects cry racism, bigotry etc .

We are in a dumbing down process now because of the need for "community" so the shitheads and parasites can feel accepted and ok with their failures. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2013, 02:03:12 PM »

Your position here seems contradictory to the one you put forward in the morning after pill thread.  
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »
Whatever - any time someone tries that the usual suspects cry racism, bigotry etc .

We are in a dumbing down process now because of the need for "community" so the shitheads and parasites can feel accepted and ok with their failures. 

This is a valid point.

Do we let the community turn our children into idiots because of the need to succumb to the lowest common denominator?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »

I agree, although taking an active role in supporting high community standards does not mean the community--rather than the parents--is responsible for raising kids. 

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2013, 02:10:01 PM »
Good thoughts, syntax.

It's the classroom environment succumbing to the multicultural/equalization approach to education. At times it is the educators trying to cover what they see as neglected topics and sometimes it's a directive handed down from the administration. In my experience it has been the latter rather than the former.

Excellent post. I hadn't really thought of it that way but it makes perfect sense (you know, in a twisted way).

Incidentally, I just cracked open my copy of the Norton History of the Mathematical Sciences to look for non-European contributions to mathematics and/or independent originations of mathematics. There are a decent amount of pages on various East Asian cultures, the Egyptians, the Babylonians, a bit on Mayan glyphs, the numerous Arab mathematicians, a bit on Hebrew math, and the Indians. Africa only takes up a three page portion of this 800+ page book, and the section only exists to describe Paleolithic humans in Africa who may have used notches on bones for some rudimentary counting. There's literally nothing to account for by 'Africans' in the normal sense of the word.  :-\

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »

Based on the stupid shit you write, it's pretty clear your processing was accelerated & completed a long time ago.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »
Based on the stupid shit you write, it's pretty clear your processing was accelerated & completed a long time ago.

LOL - how was prison? 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2013, 02:35:09 PM »
Your position here seems contradictory to the one you put forward in the morning after pill thread.  

It may seem that way, but I believe it is consistent. Realistically, if a girl wants to maintain her privacy to prevent a pregnancy from occurring, she will do so, ...and becomes even more vulnerable to being sold aspirin, ...or far worse. Her parents weren't there when she had sex, ...they don't need to be there if she decides she needs a MAP.

Quick response 'cause too lazy to fully articulate from iPad.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2013, 02:36:59 PM »
I agree, although taking an active role in supporting high community standards does not mean the community--rather than the parents--is responsible for raising kids. 

I think we may actually be on the same sheet of music, ...with minor differences in the details.
w