Author Topic: 1993 MR. OLYMPIA - Dorian Yates, Flex Wheeler, Shawn Ray - COMPARISON PICS!!!  (Read 5114 times)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
The 1993 Mr. Olympia is one of the greatest Mr. Olympia contests of All-Time. Here we have the defending champion Dorian Yates going for his second Mr. Olympia title. Most say this is his best look he has achieved throughout his career . Flex Wheeler a.k.a. "The Sultan Of Symmetry" making his Mr. Olympia debut and Shawn Ray who came fourth place the previous year at the 1992 Mr. Olympia. Dorian was too big and conditioned to overcome. He clearly dominated the show from beginning to end and was the clear winner. Flex came in second place and is one of the few bodybuilders to do so in their Mr. Olympia debut. Shawn was in a well earned third place.

More Pics -----> Dorian Yates, Flex Wheeler, Shawn Ray - PREJUDGING COMPARISON PICS (Drag pics to new tab and it will open to original size)

I also made a Facebook page for Legends Of Bodybuilding that I will be updating daily. Please join/like the page and share it with your friends. FACEBOOK PAGE -----> Legends Of Bodybuilding

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
Set 2

More Pics -----> Dorian Yates, Flex Wheeler, Shawn Ray - PREJUDGING COMPARISON PICS (Drag pics to new tab and it will open to original size)

THE BOUNCER

• Getbig IV
Not a huge fan of the Dorian build but he clearly took that show.

sancho ed

• Getbig III
it was simply a battle for 2nd....was this dorians best? he looked awesome...

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  Shawn and Flex should each have an O.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Dorian had one call-out in the prejudging. That's all the judges needed to see, he was that far ahead of the competition.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
It's supposed to be quality over quantity. Wheeler was robbed.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
It's supposed to be quality over quantity. Wheeler was robbed.

Wheeler was anhilated in the most decisive win in Mr. O history.
Y

bradistani

• Getbig V
not a gut in sight...

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
thx iceman..

yes one of the best olympias ever.. like in 95 dorian was the clear winner.. flex posing routine was amazing..

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
not really. And had Flex won, we would see bbing differently...as the trend of bigger is better, and guts, guts everywhere would  never have happened.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
not really. And had Flex won, we would see bbing differently...as the trend of bigger is better, and guts, guts everywhere would  never have happened.

As much of a Wheeler fan I am he was OBLITERATED at this show as was everyone else. Flex admitted he felt lucky to beat Shawn who he conceded was better conditioned but Flex beat him on aesthetics

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V

QFT

ukjeff

And had Flex won, we would see bbing differently...as the trend of bigger is better, and guts, guts everywhere would  never have happened.

No, of course it wouldnt

yates fan

• Getbig III
that is probably the best shape the top three were ever in at the o.but neither flex or shawn were any match for yates.but flex and shawn battling for second was too close too call.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

No, of course it wouldnt
Flex guest posing...had Flex won, there would be no need for him to come in at 240ish.

[/quote]
As much of a Wheeler fan I am he was OBLITERATED at this show as was everyone else. Flex admitted he felt lucky to beat Shawn who he conceded was better conditioned but Flex beat him on aesthetics

and therein lies the problem with Flex, never really having his head in the game...Do you think Shawn or Dorian would admit that?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Flex guest posing...had Flex won, there would be no need for him to come in at 240ish.

and therein lies the problem with Flex, never really having his head in the game...Do you think Shawn or Dorian would admit that?

Flex was HUNGRY in 1991/1992 and after he turned pro winning just came easy for him and it was just happy in 1993 to place so high in his first Olympia , he was just being humble glad he was beating the legends but as time wore on he became complacent and relied on his genetics and he lost the ' Eye of the Tiger ' and his placings became more sporadic he just had the mentality that he should have won just because he had better genetics.

I think if he didn't get into the accident and came in top condition in 1994 he could have beaten Dorian but Flex was to busy living the life , hanging out with Dre and partying like a rock star while Dorian was measuring his food to the gram and banging out set-after-set in dreary Birmingham and in bed by 9

Regardless Flex was exceptional and one of the best physiques to ever step foot on-stage , I remember reading in Flex magazine that Flex would have probably beat Haney , I could see that.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Not a huge fan of the Dorian build but he clearly took that show.

agreed. wheeler was off from his AC form and Shawn was yet to attain the glory that his physique would the year after in 1994.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Figo

• Getbig V
Flex was HUNGRY in 1991/1992 and after he turned pro winning just came easy for him and it was just happy in 1993 to place so high in his first Olympia , he was just being humble glad he was beating the legends but as time wore on he became complacent and relied on his genetics and he lost the ' Eye of the Tiger ' and his placings became more sporadic he just had the mentality that he should have won just because he had better genetics.

I think if he didn't get into the accident and came in top condition in 1994 he could have beaten Dorian but Flex was to busy living the life , hanging out with Dre and partying like a rock star while Dorian was measuring his food to the gram and banging out set-after-set in dreary Birmingham and in bed by 9

Regardless Flex was exceptional and one of the best physiques to ever step foot on-stage , I remember reading in Flex magazine that Flex would have probably beat Haney , I could see that.

Agreed

Except Flex did believe his own hype and expected to win in 93, its quite obvious Flex never had the mental strength. I'm surprised he hung on "so long" to turn pro after not succeeding immediately. He did say he was about ready to pack it up in 92

The kind of guy that needs a team of support, training partners that will take a backseat, trainer, prep guy, and cheeleaders. With the right support and mindset, and maybe if he hadn't been attacked by ninjas, who knows...

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
thx iceman..

yes one of the best olympias ever.. like in 95 dorian was the clear winner.. flex posing routine was amazing..

Np Sherief.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Dorian was bigger
But wheeler looks the best there to me
choice is an illusion