Author Topic: Liberals go APE over teenage global warming skeptic, given an iPad by Limbaugh  (Read 1301 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
All you have to go is Google this and links galore about this pop up.

Apparently, they aren't too thrilled about this. Perhaps, they're looking for this library this kid used or his parents, to set him straight and "educate" him properly (ala Melissa Harris-Perry).

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/environment/global-warming/rush-limbaugh-rewards-13-year-old-climate-change-denier-ipad

This kid, named Alex, came to the following conclusion:

'It was really easy for me to find this evidence, really easy. I believe the reason that the liberals do not have the evidence is because they do not want the evidence, they do not want to hear that it is wrong.'

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
hahahahahaha another recruit for the stupid party,he probably went on  foxnews.com              fox news dumb  :D :D :D :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
hahahahahaha another recruit for the stupid party,he probably went on  foxnews.com              fox news dumb  :D :D :D :D

Look who's talking....Speak-N-Spell boy.

Apparently, the word "library" escaped your skull. He actually did the research for himself, a somewhat foreign concept for the likes of your MSNBC "Thrill-up-my-leg", red-headed-stepchild of cable news brain.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

Links galore about liberals going APE?Or just about the story itself? I read a lot of progressive websites and hadn't heard anything about this. I googled it and most of the results are from right-wing sites. The progressive sites on which this story is posted don't really seem to be going APE. Maybe I'm googling the wrong thing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Links galore about liberals going APE?Or just about the story itself? I read a lot of progressive websites and hadn't heard anything about this. I googled it and most of the results are from right-wing sites. The progressive sites on which this story is posted don't really seem to be going APE. Maybe I'm googling the wrong thing.

ThinkProgress is a right-wing site? Daily Banter?  ???

I must have missed this one.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Look who's talking....Speak-N-Spell boy.

Apparently, the word "library" escaped your skull. He actually did the research for himself, a somewhat foreign concept for the likes of your MSNBC "Thrill-up-my-leg", red-headed-stepchild of cable news brain.

i knew you were one of 58% of repub dumb fucks  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D mcway believes in a 600 year old man building a boat for 2 of every animal  but he can't see the earth getting warmer  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

i knew you were one of 58% of repub dumb fucks  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D mcway believes in a 600 year old man building a boat for 2 of every animal  but he can't see the earth getting warmer  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Speak-N-Spell boy is up to his usual buffoonery, joining his fellow treehuggers in their full "thrill-up-my-leg" worship of Obama foolishness....all the while his wallet, freedoms, and grey matter get lighter.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
ThinkProgress is a right-wing site? Daily Banter?  ???

I must have missed this one.

TP is one of the sites I was talking about. Your opening post makes it sound like liberals are hunting the kid down with pitchforks and frothing at their mouths. The article posted about the story on TP, along with most of the commenters, basically made fun of the fact that Limbaugh has resorted to getting his scientific talking points from children.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
TP is one of the sites I was talking about. Your opening post makes it sound like liberals are hunting the kid down with pitchforks and frothing at their mouths. The article posted about the story on TP, along with most of the commenters, basically made fun of the fact that Limbaugh has resorted to getting his scientific talking points from children.

Therein lies the reason that ThinkProgress lacks the sense given a goat. Limbaugh isn't resorting to getting any talking points from this kid (or any other). Limbaugh has been skewering the global-warming hacks for years.

This kid called the show, pretty much on his own. And, he stated that he did his research at a library and noted the ease in which he could debunk the treehugging crew and their claims. All Rush did was state his (perhaps feigned) surprise that he could do such at a public library.

As usual, sites like TP completely botched the story, in their pathetic attempts to take shots at Limbaugh.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Therein lies the reason that ThinkProgress lacks the sense given a goat. Limbaugh isn't resorting to getting any talking points from this kid (or any other). Limbaugh has been skewering the global-warming hacks for years.

Except I was obviously being glib. In that Think Progress article, the author addresses how a lot of the
anti-global warming talking point originate:

It is little surprise that Alex stumbled onto climate denier talking points, since nearly all climate denier books have ties to conservative think tanks. Internal documents obtained by ThinkProgress last year revealed that the right-wing, Koch-funded think tank Heartland Institute developed a curriculum teaching children that climate science is a controversial matter. On the other hand, a mere 24 peer-reviewed articles reject global warming, compared to a staggering 13,926 scientific articles that substantiate it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Except I was obviously being glib. In that Think Progress article, the author addresses how a lot of the
anti-global warming talking point originate:

It is little surprise that Alex stumbled onto climate denier talking points, since nearly all climate denier books have ties to conservative think tanks. Internal documents obtained by ThinkProgress last year revealed that the right-wing, Koch-funded think tank Heartland Institute developed a curriculum teaching children that climate science is a controversial matter. On the other hand, a mere 24 peer-reviewed articles reject global warming, compared to a staggering 13,926 scientific articles that substantiate it.

And a few hundred years ago, there were a staggering amount of articles (relatively speaking) that claimed the world was flat or that spontaneous generation was fact.

At the end of the day, the whole global-warming flap boils down to political power, government enlargment, and impovershing people for the sake of "saving the planet".

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
And a few hundred years ago, there were a staggering amount of articles (relatively speaking) that claimed the world was flat or that spontaneous generation was fact.

At the end of the day, the whole global-warming flap boils down to political power, government enlargment, and impovershing people for the sake of "saving the planet".

Most of the opinions contrary to the scientifically-substantiated view are subsidized by special interest political groups, so those aren't apt comparisons.

Besides, even if they were, that doesn't make the thread title any truer.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Most of the opinions contrary to the scientifically-substantiated view are subsidized by special interest political groups, so those aren't apt comparisons.

Yet, there are special-interest political groups, deeply immersed in the so-called scientifically-substantiated view.

As for the thread of this title, the going "APE" tap applies. The libs are completely misconstruing the gist of this kid's call to Limbaugh's show, looking quite silly in the process.

This is just as laughable as the whole Beyonce' thing. All Rush did was read an article, from a LEFT-WING British newspaper that blasted her for her song, "Bow Down B*$%&@$!!", claiming Beyonce' did a 180 with the whole female empowerment thing.

Guess what happened. The libs, from entertainment to politics, went APE on that one claiming that Rush was criticizng the singer. Even with college professors and fellow R&B singers, taking Beyonce to task for that song, all they did was harp on Limbaugh equating his reading their comments as his blasting Beyonce.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
this stupid thread is still going  :D :D :D :D       the stupid party

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

The opposition to climate change aren't fighting for truth in science. It's not about truth but profit.  What they want is do is use the environment with impunity in the name of commerce, without considering the consequences.  It's cheaper to wage a campaign of disinformation than it is to invest in new cleaner technologies.  I'm no tree hugged but it seems obvious.
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i read somewhere that There was a Pew poll indicating that 79% of Rush’s listeners used crayons which might give some indication. :D :D :D :D :D

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Yet, there are special-interest political groups, deeply immersed in the so-called scientifically-substantiated view.

As for the thread of this title, the going "APE" tap applies. The libs are completely misconstruing the gist of this kid's call to Limbaugh's show, looking quite silly in the process.

This is just as laughable as the whole Beyonce' thing. All Rush did was read an article, from a LEFT-WING British newspaper that blasted her for her song, "Bow Down B*$%&@$!!", claiming Beyonce' did a 180 with the whole female empowerment thing.

Guess what happened. The libs, from entertainment to politics, went APE on that one claiming that Rush was criticizng the singer. Even with college professors and fellow R&B singers, taking Beyonce to task for that song, all they did was harp on Limbaugh equating his reading their comments as his blasting Beyonce.

Noooo... what you're saying happened with that Beyonce song is not what happened and what you're saying is happening with this ipad story is not what's happening. People did not go ape shit over Rush criticizing Beyonce. People MADE FUN of him because he completely misinterpreted some transparent lyrics from a pop song. Libs are not misconstruing the kid's call. They are making fun of the fact that
Rush is so susceptible to junk science. For further illumination, refer to my earlier posts.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Apparently, they aren't too thrilled about this. Perhaps, they're looking for this library this kid used or his parents, to set him straight and "educate" him properly (ala Melissa Harris-Perry).

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/environment/global-warming/rush-limbaugh-rewards-13-year-old-climate-change-denier-ipad

This kid, named Alex, came to the following conclusion:

'It was really easy for me to find this evidence, really easy. I believe the reason that the liberals do not have the evidence is because they do not want the evidence, they do not want to hear that it is wrong.'

LOL @ Right wing idiots now reduced to depending on the opinions of children

the kids "conclusion" includes the reference to liberals?

I think I'll trust the judgement of a scientist who was bought and paid for by the Koch Brothers who actually changed his mind and now admits the evidence points to the conclusion that global warming is a real phenomenon and humans are the cause

CALL me a converted skeptic. Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming. Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/30/opinion/the-conversion-of-a-climate-change-skeptic.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Noooo... what you're saying happened with that Beyonce song is not what happened and what you're saying is happening with this ipad story is not what's happening. People did not go ape shit over Rush criticizing Beyonce. People MADE FUN of him because he completely misinterpreted some transparent lyrics from a pop song. Libs are not misconstruing the kid's call. They are making fun of the fact that
Rush is so susceptible to junk science. For further illumination, refer to my earlier posts.

You just made my point, Al.

Rush didn't misinterpret JACK. He simply read what that UK paper, a college professor, and R&B singer Keyshia Cole said about Beyonce's song and laughed about the situation. Simply for doing that, the left-winged goofies in the media and entertainment shows FOOLISHLY claimed that Limbaugh himself was criticizing the tune and the singer.

LOL @ Right wing idiots now reduced to depending on the opinions of children

the kids "conclusion" includes the reference to liberals?

I think I'll trust the judgement of a scientist who was bought and paid for by the Koch Brothers who actually changed his mind and now admits the evidence points to the conclusion that global warming is a real phenomenon and humans are the cause

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/30/opinion/the-conversion-of-a-climate-change-skeptic.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

And, virtually on cue, Straw Man is doing the same thing, regarding this teenager. I guess I could "LOL" at a left-winged goof, who apparently doesn't read all that well.

NEWS FLASH!! Straw. Rush isn't depending on anyone to back his skepticism on global warming. This would hardly be a story, I believe, but for the fact that the kid got an iPad out of the deal.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Rush didn't misinterpret JACK. He simply read what that UK paper, a college professor, and R&B singer Keyshia Cole said about Beyonce's song and laughed about the situation. Simply for doing that, the left-winged goofies in the media and entertainment shows FOOLISHLY claimed that Limbaugh himself was criticizing the tune and the singer.

And, virtually on cue, Straw Man is doing the same thing, regarding this teenager. I guess I could "LOL" at a left-winged goof, who apparently doesn't read all that well.

NEWS FLASH!! Straw. Rush isn't depending on anyone to back his skepticism on global warming. This would hardly be a story, I believe, but for the fact that the kid got an iPad out of the deal.

Jesus Christ McWay this is pathetic even for you.

This 13 year old kid provided NO PROOF at all to support his claims but at least he mentioned "liberals" so I guess that's something

"Where did you find this evidence? How hard was it for you to research," Rush asked the boy.

"It wasn’t that hard to learn it," Alex responded. "There is pretty much a lot of evidence that you can find. I personally just went to the local library and looked up books. That’s what I did."

"Wow. I’m surprised you find evidence of this at the library," gushed Rush. "That’s heartening. Why did you want to do this? What made you doubt the people who believe that there’s global warming?"

"Well, over the radio we listen to different things," responded Alex. "I’ve heard lots of evidence that man-made global warming is a hoax. And since I’m doing speeches, I thought it was a very interesting topic. I want to learn more about this. I guess I just always doubted that. There’s so much evidence that global warming is not man-made."

Alex didn't name the book he found, but there are many books that deny man-made climate change. According to Dr. Riley Dunlap, of Oklahoma State University, and Peter Jacques, of the University of Central Florida, most are linked to conservative think tanks

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

At this point, I don't think you know what your point was. You're aware of what Keyshia Cole said, you're
aware of what the UK paper said and you're aware of what Rush said, so I'm not sure how you can argue this point with any kind of seriousness. Cole and the Telegraph criticized Beyonce because Beyonce's song commanded other "bitches" to defer to her. Rush claimed that the song implored "bitches" to bow down to their husbands.

Was that post a sign of him going ape? This is hardly a story as it is. You're opening post implied libs were virtually hunting the kid down in an attempt to get him to tow the global warming line. Straw's post basically amounted to "Rush is dumb and unreliable.What's new?"  That's pretty much the overall reaction from the left. His reading comprehension skills are fine. Rush validated the kid's opinion without even questioning how he formed that opinion.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
this fucking thread man, jesus. This here is an example of someone with no critical thinking skills, at all. A random retarded kid calls a radio station saying he has debunked what every major science institution agrees with, not just the US, but ALL major climate research organizations of the world.

Meanwhile the climate denial anuses are all bought out by companies making crazy money off of polluting the planet into oblivion. Then you have probably the same assholes pushing gore to make money on the other end.

Meanwhile, science like always, the bastion of truth pushes on regardless of what you or people want to believe. MCWAY unaware of the progress science has made via peer reviewed articles, instant and long distance communication, grants etc cites beliefs such as the world being flat as evidence that the world is wrong again. He needs to show science isn't the bearer of truth because he is an idealogue and so denies other facts and theories based on his beliefs.

Sad he will probably indoctrinate his children so the slow painful death of religion must be prolonged. Nothing in the world has impeded truth more then religion. Evolution? let's fuck with it, Climatology? lets fuck with it? human sexuality, nope.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Jesus Christ McWay this is pathetic even for you.

This 13 year old kid provided NO PROOF at all to support his claims but at least he mentioned "liberals" so I guess that's something

Yep, a 13-year-old kids is really going to dive into the details of his research on 4 or 5 minute call on a radio show.  ::)

As I said, virtually on cue, you arrive to beat your gums, with buffoonery blustering from your lips. You're claiming that right wingers are depending on this kid's independent research, when such is hardly the case.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
this fucking thread man, jesus. This here is an example of someone with no critical thinking skills, at all. A random retarded kid calls a radio station saying he has debunked what every major science institution agrees with, not just the US, but ALL major climate research organizations of the world.

Meanwhile the climate denial anuses are all bought out by companies making crazy money off of polluting the planet into oblivion. Then you have probably the same assholes pushing gore to make money on the other end.

Meanwhile, science like always, the bastion of truth pushes on regardless of what you or people want to believe. MCWAY unaware of the progress science has made via peer reviewed articles, instant and long distance communication, grants etc cites beliefs such as the world being flat as evidence that the world is wrong again. He needs to show science isn't the bearer of truth because he is an idealogue and so denies other facts and theories based on his beliefs.

Sad he will probably indoctrinate his children so the slow painful death of religion must be prolonged. Nothing in the world has impeded truth more then religion. Evolution? let's fuck with it, Climatology? lets fuck with it? human sexuality, nope.

I guess the smorgasboard of silliness wouldn't complete without Captain Tree-Hugger himself, Necrosis. The issue isn't my lack of critical thinking. I have plenty, which is (in part) why I don't buy into this utter tripe you keep spewing from your bleeding-heart posts.

Of course, the ridiculous idea of criticial thinking, automatically resulting in bowing to left-winged politics and agenda, is hardly new.

What you fail to get is that science, like anythin else, can easily be skewed to fit certain poltical/sociological agenda. This is no different. That fact that this has been exposed so easily, to the point where a teenage boy can discover such for himself via a quick trip to the library, is what has libs like you going....well....APE.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yep, a 13-year-old kids is really going to dive into the details of his research on 4 or 5 minute call on a radio show.  ::)

As I said, virtually on cue, you arrive to beat your gums, with buffoonery blustering from your lips. You're claiming that right wingers are depending on this kid's independent research, when such is hardly the case.

how long does it take to mention the title of a couple of the books he read

I can see your point though, why bother finding out what he is basing his conclusions on

Since when do Republican ever make that kind of effort