Author Topic: Rolando McClain released by Oakland.  (Read 2525 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Rolando McClain released by Oakland.
« on: April 08, 2013, 02:07:27 PM »
Do the Ravens kick the tires? With Ellerbe gone, I'm not sure the replacement is on the roster. He is a bit of a head-case, but maybe he decides to clean his act up and go with a contender. What say you?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Rolando McClain released by Oakland.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:28:51 AM »
Do the Ravens kick the tires? With Ellerbe gone, I'm not sure the replacement is on the roster. He is a bit of a head-case, but maybe he decides to clean his act up and go with a contender. What say you?

At first I thought it was a great idea for the Ravens because of his young age and upside. But the more I hear about his attitude and lack of football awareness.....now I don't like the idea and don't think he would fit into the Ravens defensive philosophy. He has talent but he looks like a huge bust considering he was the 8th overall pick in the draft.

If you go on the official Ravens website, the Ravens are the favorites to sign Urlacher. Bad move, I think. Why sign a 35 year old linebacker with not much left after you just made the roster so much younger? I'd rather the Ravens pick up Karlos Dansby.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:54:05 AM »
The Raiders draft history is pathetic.  Rivals my Niners from back in the late 90s during the end of the Carmen Policy/Dwight Clark era and the beginning of the York rule. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »
The Raiders draft history is pathetic.  Rivals my Niners from back in the late 90s during the end of the Carmen Policy/Dwight Clark era and the beginning of the York rule.  

I still laugh at their Heyward-Bay selection a few years ago. Top 10 pick??...He played at the University of Maryland out by me and I didn't think he was all that great outside of being blazing fast. Lousy hands and route running. Just raw. He made so much guaranteed $ from his rookie contract. Al Davis had a hard on for speed.

Sebastian Janikowski in the first round...lol....Not saying Sbas sucks but a kicker selected in the first round when you could've landed him in the 3rd or 4th(which is still insanely high for a kicker)

They did well with drafting Huff. He's a good player and should fit well with the Ravens. I'm glad we picked him up to replace Reed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 03:52:27 PM »
I still laugh at their Heyward-Bay selection a few years ago. Top 10 pick??...He played at the University of Maryland out by me and I didn't think he was all that great outside of being blazing fast. Lousy hands and route running. Just raw. He made so much guaranteed $ from his rookie contract. Al Davis had a hard on for speed.

Sebastian Janikowski in the first round...lol....Not saying Sbas sucks but a kicker selected in the first round when you could've landed him in the 3rd or 4th(which is still insanely high for a kicker)

They did well with drafting Huff. He's a good player and should fit well with the Ravens. I'm glad we picked him up to replace Reed.

They took Heyward-Bey over Crabtree.  McFadden, JaMarcuss Russell, etc.  Pretty bad. 

Huff didn't perform like a top 5 pick.  Whitner was taken a pick later.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 07:00:25 AM »
They took Heyward-Bey over Crabtree.  McFadden, JaMarcuss Russell, etc.  Pretty bad. 

Huff didn't perform like a top 5 pick.  Whitner was taken a pick later.

Huff is not worthy of a top five pick but he's still a good player. I like his versatility. He can switch to cornerback and still play that position well. Not many defensive backs in the NFL can do that.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 07:08:23 AM »
Ravens are about to sign McClain to a contract. Could happen today. Ozzie Newsome sure likes his Alabama guys.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 10:04:41 AM »
Ravens are about to sign McClain to a contract. Could happen today. Ozzie Newsome sure likes his Alabama guys.

Just call me Nostradamus.  ;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 10:38:09 AM »
Just call me Nostradamus.  ;D

Who knows what this might do for McClain's state of mind going to a more prestigious franchise?? This could wind up as a good thing for us! He's got plenty of upside. I just question his character and work ethic.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 03:22:55 PM »
Who knows what this might do for McClain's state of mind going to a more prestigious franchise?? This could wind up as a good thing for us! He's got plenty of upside. I just question his character and work ethic.

Oh no doubt, he's a headcase. I just wonder, with Ozzie being an Alabama alum and some former teammates playing on d, maybe he revives his career. As it stands now, he's a bust.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 06:08:42 PM »
Huff is not worthy of a top five pick but he's still a good player. I like his versatility. He can switch to cornerback and still play that position well. Not many defensive backs in the NFL can do that.

Perhaps, although anytime you get cut by the Raiders your game has to be pretty bad.   :)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 08:17:10 AM »
Perhaps, although anytime you get cut by the Raiders your game has to be pretty bad.   :)

Not really, he got cut mainly because of his salary cap number.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 01:04:40 PM »
Not really, he got cut mainly because of his salary cap number.

Probably so, although if he was performing like a top 5 pick they probably would have kept him. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 08:34:23 AM »
McClain arrested in Decatur, AL for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.....wow...shocker .

The Ravens can release him and he wouldn't count one dollar towards their salary cap. What a joke. The guy obviously is unwilling to conduct himself as a professional off the field. Nope...he feels the need to maintain his credibility with his homies and surround himself with jerkoffs.

See ya McClain...hello Karlos Dansby.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
guy retires today? What a chump. Total headcase. And upinthemguts, too late for Dansby now.  :-\

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 07:45:10 AM »
guy retires today? What a chump. Total headcase. And upinthemguts, too late for Dansby now.  :-\

What a fucking flake that kid is. Good riddance. I'm not sweating losing out on Dansby. I really like the Brown kid out of K-State they drafted. He looks great on film. In Ozzie I trust.