Author Topic: Dick Cheney Warns GOP On North Korea: 'We're In Deep Doo Doo'  (Read 3992 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Former Vice President Dick Cheney told Republicans they should be very wary of recent threats from North Korea, CNN reported on Tuesday.

"We're in deep doo doo," Cheney warned top GOP lawmakers, a Republican leadership aide told CNN.

Cheney reportedly expressed concern about the lack of intel on young North Korean leader Kim Jung-Un, making him very unpredictable. The former vice president cited his past experience with Saddam Hussein and added, "you never know what they're thinking."

Cheney's past experience recently made him a target for scrutiny around the 10th anniversary of the war in Iraq, when Americans took to the Internet to publicly shame the Bush administration for initiating the war.

His warning comes after weeks of tension between North Korea and the U.S. escalated when Kim threatened a pre-emptive strike against the U.S. in March. Earlier this month, North Korean leaders claimed to have authorized a nuclear strike on the U.S.

White House spokesman Jay Carney responded to threats in March, affirming that "the United States is fully capable of defending against any North Korean ballistic missile attack."

Adm. Samuel Locklear, commander of U.S. Pacific Command, also said the United States has the capacity to intercept a missile, should North Korea attempt an attack, the Associated Press reported earlier this month.

But some officials are taking North Korea's aggression with a grain of salt.

In March, Pentagon press secretary George Little speculated that the rhetoric coming from Pyongyang are part of a pattern of empty threats.

"North Korea's bellicose rhetoric and threats follow a well-worn pattern designed to raise tensions and intimidate others," Little said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the idiots like Coach vote for the b e a n e r nephew of the form Mr PresiChimp, America is guaranteed to get in a 10 year war with North Korea.  China won't do shit, because it's a resource wasting war, and they'll start a 2nd buying frenzy of America.

The B e a n e r, who will be Cheney and Halliburton's (defense contracts are ready) next puppet Pres.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Dick Cheney Warns GOP On North Korea: 'We're In Deep Doo Doo'
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:36 AM »
Rubio will never be POTUS.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 12:07:51 PM »
His grasp of geopolitics is as sure as his aim with a shotgun.

Thatcher can serve him tea and sandwiches when he joins her in Hell.

paradoxno1

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »
North Korea is just like the ex girlfriend you had who kept texting you, but you keep ignoring her. But then she turns up on your doorstep threatening to kill you with a knife, but it's made out of plasticine.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 12:16:55 PM »
fuckers want this war. they never got around to it when Bush mentioned his Axis of Evil.  The USA is going to shove a war down Korea's throat so they can make billions and billions and billions.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 12:20:53 PM »
We're not launching a war in North Korea until oil is discovered there.

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 12:23:40 PM »
He is probably just lobbying (scaring up some demand) for the military industrial complex similar to after 9/11.

paradoxno1

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 12:26:03 PM »
I really hope the situation between North Korea and the USA doesn't turn nuclear. Britain is well out of Korea's missile range, but it's pretty fucking likely a few of America's would land on us.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 12:40:24 PM »
We can hit them with a nuke missile right now so those punks better sit down.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 01:05:37 PM »
NK has set off nukes.
NK has said they'll destroy us.
NK has fired rockets at hawaii... they just crashed before they hit us.

imagine if the guy living next door had shotguns, threatened to kill you, but was a terrible shot when he first fired at you.  Would you just go to sleep and figure he'll keep missing?  Or do you go next door and kill his ass first?

To me, there's nothing to talk about.  If you fire rockets at the USA, you've declared war and need to be bombed to glass, period.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »
This is what is annoying.  NK is not a person.  When I hear the US defense guy saying "NK said this or that"  I shake my head at it.  Who is making the threat?  Give me one name of a North Korean making a threat?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 01:10:59 PM »
Dick channy is just worried that Kim Jong dum will break his mass murder record.
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 01:12:14 PM »
This is what is annoying.  NK is not a person.  When I hear the US defense guy saying "NK said this or that"  I shake my head at it.  Who is making the threat?  Give me one name of a North Korean making a threat?

EOUL, South Korea — North Korea on Monday accused South Korea’s government and news media of slandering its leadership and threatened “special actions” by the military, a sharp escalation of the bellicose statements that have accompanied the rise of Kim Jong-un, the North’s new and still unproven leader.
Enlarge This Image

Vincent Yu/Associated Press
A North Korean military officer with a diagram of the demilitarized zone in Panmunjom, North Korea, on Monday.

North Korea has regularly threatened to attack the government of President Lee Myung-bak in South Korea. But in recent weeks, its threats have become harsher and more specific, prompting some analysts to warn that North Korea’s new leadership might instigate a military provocation as part of its effort to establish Mr. Kim’s authority at home and potentially boost his negotiating leverage with the United States.

On Monday, the North Korean military said it would act “soon” and named its targets, including the government of President Lee, and several South Korean newspapers and television stations, which it said were “destroying the mainstay of the fair public opinion.”

“The special actions of our revolutionary armed forces will start soon to meet the reckless challenge of the group of traitors,” the North Korean military command’s “special operation action group” said in a statement carried by the North’s state-run Korean Central News Agency. “They will reduce all the ratlike groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, i

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 01:17:39 PM »
The only thing North Korea trades in his threats.  They are playing to the international crowd, nothing more.  This is what third world countries/dictators do to get attention.  If they didnt, they would be ignored because they have nothing of any worth.  The media falls into their trap by ramping up fear and paranoia to sell papers and get ratings.  

Cheney doesn't know any better.  He's from that realist school of international politics whose ideas where formed long ago during the Cold War at Rand.  
A

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 01:24:59 PM »
If Dick Cheney said it, it must be true  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 01:31:31 PM »
NK has nukes.  They've set them off.  They have illegal WMD

They've fired rockets at us and threatened us.

I dont think we can just dismiss them because "heyyyy, those rockets cannot reach us" or "heyyyyy, no way they'd deliver a nuke any other way..."

I can't understand why EVERYONE isn't ready to cook them.  We attacked iraq because they were TRYING to get WMD... NK already HAS them.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 01:44:07 PM »

I dont think we can just dismiss them because "heyyyy, those rockets cannot reach us" or "heyyyyy, no way they'd deliver a nuke any other way..."

I can't understand why EVERYONE isn't ready to cook them.  We attacked iraq because they were TRYING to get WMD... NK already HAS them.

It's the typical kind of diplomacy that third world nations engage in and have been engaging in forever.   They have no political or economic power so they use threats to elicit a reponse. It's a child throwing a fit in the store until you buy them a piece of candy. North Korea gains nothing by attacking the United States.  It's a total media overreaction.
A

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 01:51:58 PM »
If Dick Cheney said it, it must be true  ::)

Hahahahaha    He may even have nice animated pictures to prove his lie point.
a

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 02:30:36 PM »
He is probably just lobbying (scaring up some demand) for the military industrial complex similar to after 9/11.
He probably heard that Iran is giving some of new fake Stealth Fighters to North Korea, and wants to see how they do against real ones.
http://globalvoicesonline.org/2013/02/26/irans-new-stealth-fighter-soars-across-fake-sky/

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »
Most likely a lot of noise with nothing coming out of it but people's attention being redirected towards world "peace".

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 04:01:46 PM »
Most likely a lot of noise with nothing coming out of it but people's attention being redirected towards world "peace".
When has this world ever been at "peace"?
If we truly have "alien DNA", whoever encoded it in us sure did eff up the job...

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 04:03:43 PM »

they have nukes... thats why. We try shit, they nuke us.

America isnt interested in a war, we are interested in beatdowns. We find a weak country, beat them up and take their shit.  ;D

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 04:06:37 PM »

The B e a n e r
speaking of which isnt this the national dish of your favorite country??

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 04:10:21 PM »
NK has set off nukes.
NK has said they'll destroy us.
NK has fired rockets at hawaii... they just crashed before they hit us.

imagine if the guy living next door had shotguns, threatened to kill you, but was a terrible shot when he first fired at you.  Would you just go to sleep and figure he'll keep missing?  Or do you go next door and kill his ass first?

To me, there's nothing to talk about.  If you fire rockets at the USA, you've declared war and need to be bombed to glass, period.

Be cool 240, I'll handle this. No need to go from zero-to-megaton quite that quick.
a

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 04:14:50 PM »
When has this world ever been at "peace"?
If we truly have "alien DNA", whoever encoded it in us sure did eff up the job...

Never will be but this geopolitical suicide game by the west is nearing it's end.
The alien DNA could be of use to bodybuilders on a small budget.