Author Topic: Gym Review: Sweatt Shop in Cinci  (Read 1208 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Gym Review: Sweatt Shop in Cinci
« on: April 10, 2013, 06:54:05 PM »
[I thought about starting with a tbombz shop just to make it legit-getbig, but fuck it]

My company has an office in north Cincinnati and I travel out there 6-8 times a year. After the first time, I needed to find a gym. After looking at the usual cavalcade of crap gyms (LA Fitness, Planet Fitness), I happened to find a real gym, The Sweatt Shop (http://www.sweattshop.com/).

I have been working out there regularly on my trips, but today I decided that I needed some real instruction on my deadlift. I basically came to understand that my mechanics were shit and it was holding me back. Shane and his wife Laura are wonderful people and Shane has been a Westside-method trainer for years. So I went. What a difference real coaching and mechanics makes. Easily pulled a PR (previous PR sucked, so this isn't a big deal)

Anyway, the place is totally legit and worthy of any getbigger.

Some pics (or it didn't happen!)

The door:

You know that you are not in Kansas anymore when this is the squat rack:

And here is the dead pit:

A great gym, with great people and great atmosphere.

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
Re: Gym Review: Sweatt Shop in Cinci
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »
This is a cool story right here. Going to read it to the family over dinner.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 06:56:04 PM »
  Nice

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 07:31:43 PM »
I go to Cincy all the time. My corporate office is right downtown. I am definitely going to check it out. Do they let you get 1 and 2 day passes? Thanks for posting this. Looks like a great place to lift.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 03:50:29 AM »
I go to Cincy all the time. My corporate office is right downtown. I am definitely going to check it out. Do they let you get 1 and 2 day passes? Thanks for posting this. Looks like a great place to lift.

It's in Blue Ash, which is a bit north. I am sure that they do day passes, as I am there once every 1-2 months. It's definitely worth it.