Author Topic: Thanks to the NY crowd, we're getting this for a while: "Fandango-ing"  (Read 2908 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
And sometimes it's happening whether the guy's actually in the arena or not.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Thanks to the NY crowd, we're getting this for a while!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:33:48 PM »
I think I prefer this version:

;D

His theme song actually entered the UK iTunes charts this past week, I think it got up into the Top 10 at one point.   :-X ???

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: Thanks to the NY crowd, we're getting this for a while!!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 08:33:48 AM »
I think I prefer this version:

;D

There was not one in that bunch I would kick out of bed for eating cookies  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
And sometimes it's happening whether the guy's actually in the arena or not.

That's not a good thing for him. It means his entrance music is bigger than he is, greatly reducing his relevance.

billytwolips

• Getbig II

That's not a good thing for him. It means his entrance music is bigger than he is, greatly reducing his relevance.

Couldn't agree more - absolutely zero heat during his promo.

Montague

• Getbig V
Couldn't agree more - absolutely zero heat during his promo.

Fans are more interested in his music than they are in him.

If he's not careful, he "may" be quickly relegated to a novelty act if he fails to demonstrate some substance. As I suggested in the other thread, he won't have Jericho to carry him in every match. He doesn't want fans to start chanting, "Shut up and play the music!"

I would say it's too early to tell, but he did spend about five years in developmental. :-\

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Fans are more interested in his music than they are in him.

If he's not careful, he "may" be quickly relegated to a novelty act if he fails to demonstrate some substance. As I suggested in the other thread, he won't have Jericho to carry him in every match. He doesn't want fans to start chanting, "Shut up and play the music!"

I would say it's too early to tell, but he did spend about five years in developmental. :-\

Glen Jacobs was virtually in the same boat. How many times did he get shipped back to USWA? After his "Black Knight" stint; after his Issac Yankem stint; and after his fake Diesel stint.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he a heartbeat away from being canned permanently before the Kane character was developed? I heard that 'Taker thinks highly of him and helped develop that role for him.

As for Fandango, Kofi Kingston just won the US title. Remember that he was supposed to be Fandango's first opponent. But, the ring announcer didn't get his name right.

Then, he was supposed to fight him again. But, Jericho jumped him and beat him up. When the announcer said Fandago won via disqualification, the pummeled dancer grabbed the mike that his valet had and painfully corrected him.

I see Kofi and Fandango, slugging it out for the US belt once the feud with Jericho fizzles.

Montague

• Getbig V
Glen Jacobs was virtually in the same boat. How many times did he get shipped back to USWA? After his "Black Knight" stint; after his Issac Yankem stint; and after his fake Diesel stint.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he a heartbeat away from being canned permanently before the Kane character was developed? I heard that 'Taker thinks highly of him and helped develop that role for him.

The biggest difference is that Kane needed a good gimmick, but could at least work. The gimmick was the only thing missing. Curtis has a gimmick, but will not be able to simply rely on a catchy entrance theme to get him over if he can't adequately perform in the other areas. Time will tell.

He spent approximately five years in developmental. I don't know how much more he can expect to improve. The big leagues may bring more out of him, or we may be seeing his best stuff right now.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
Speaking of development....where is the guy who won the most recent Tough Enough?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Speaking of development....where is the guy who won the most recent Tough Enough?

Maybe he's going to get turned into a tap-dancer.

"SOOOOOOOFT-SHHHHOOOOOE-GOOOOO!!!"

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
Re: Thanks to the NY crowd, we're getting this for a while: "Fandango-ing"
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 06:16:06 AM »
I think he called himself silent rage....

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeent raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage  (tapity, tapity, tapity, tapity)