Author Topic: Texas Man Kirk Franklin Commits Suicide With Gun During NRA 500 NASCAR Race  (Read 4552 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
LOL, the irony.

A Texas man committed suicide by shooting himself in the head during the National Rifle Association-sponsored NRA 500 Sprint Cup Race on Saturday in Forth Worth.

42-year-old Kirk Franklin of Saginaw, Texas, got in an argument with other campers in the infield of the track at Texas Motor Speedway before dying from of a "self-inflicted injury,” according to USA Today.

According to police spokeswoman Cpl. Tracey Knight, alcohol may have been involved. Franklin’s body was found in the backseat of a truck.

Texas law prohibited fans from bringing firearms to the track. This was the first Sprint Cup Series race that the NRA sponsored. The organization’s sponsorship of the race was criticized after NASCAR driver Michael Waltrip ran a Sandy Hook benefit car at the Daytona 500 encouraging fans to donate to victims' families Newtown, Conn.

The NRA 500 was aired on Fox even though Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy wrote a letter to the network requesting that it not broadcast the race. Kyle Busch won Saturday’s event.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/texas-man-kirk-franklin-commits-suicide-gun-during-nra-500
V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
ugh, what a PR nightmare...

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
probably a retarded liberal who did this just because it was NRA sponsored.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
probably a retarded liberal who did this just because it was NRA sponsored.

;D

Just to appeal to the lib panty waists they ought to let the libs sponsor a race. Call it the Tampax 200

thanx Larry

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Probably because Dale Earnhardt Jr did't win.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
probably a retarded gay liberal who did this just because it was NRA sponsored.

fixed
K

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
LOL, the irony.

A Texas man committed suicide by shooting himself in the head during the National Rifle Association-sponsored NRA 500 Sprint Cup Race on Saturday in Forth Worth.

42-year-old Kirk Franklin of Saginaw, Texas, got in an argument with other campers in the infield of the track at Texas Motor Speedway before dying from of a "self-inflicted injury,” according to USA Today.

According to police spokeswoman Cpl. Tracey Knight, alcohol may have been involved. Franklin’s body was found in the backseat of a truck.

Texas law prohibited fans from bringing firearms to the track. This was the first Sprint Cup Series race that the NRA sponsored. The organization’s sponsorship of the race was criticized after NASCAR driver Michael Waltrip ran a Sandy Hook benefit car at the Daytona 500 encouraging fans to donate to victims' families Newtown, Conn.

The NRA 500 was aired on Fox even though Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy wrote a letter to the network requesting that it not broadcast the race. Kyle Busch won Saturday’s event.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/texas-man-kirk-franklin-commits-suicide-gun-during-nra-500
I would say this is quite an irony being that you would end your life on the same day three years later.  :o

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
It's the guns fault....obviously ::)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
I would say this is quite an irony being that you would end your life on the same day three years later.  :o

Edom, you are one cold blooded sonuva bitch.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. "

- Republican nominee Donald Trump.  You said you're going to vote for him, right?  You said you'd support whoever emerges from the GOP primaries.  Well, you can't really make fun of anti-gun pricks anymore, because Trump, at 53 years old, didn't want you or I to be able to buy most rifles.  

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive

We just found out yesterday that Radical_Plato committed suicide on 4/15/16

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
If someone's made the decision to cease living, blaming things on a weapon, a bridge or a car is a really dumb thing to do.

Kind of like crazy glueing your nostrils shut to stop snorting cocaine.

Question should be: Why do so many grown adults seek suicide or murder to alleviate what are obvious internal psychological issues?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
If someone's made the decision to cease living, blaming things on a weapon, a bridge or a car is a really dumb thing to do.

Kind of like crazy glueing your nostrils shut to stop snorting cocaine.

Question should be: Why do so many grown adults seek suicide or murder to alleviate what are obvious internal psychological issues?
I think Radical Plato once stated that he promoted suicide and that it can be a good idea for anyone looking for a way out.  I think he was fine with his choice and knew full well what he was doing and did not mind one bit.

I wonder though if he placed any blame on the method he chose and would like to have it banned.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

Did he really kill himself? Damn

viking1

• Getbig V

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.

Holy shit Adam how long did you go through the post history before finding this?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
I think Radical Plato once stated that he promoted suicide and that it can be a good idea for anyone looking for a way out.  I think he was fine with his choice and knew full well what he was doing and did not mind one bit.

I wonder though if he placed any blame on the method he chose and would like to have it banned.

You can't expect someone with clinical depression to have rational thoughts. Just like I can't expect someone stupid to understand that, but I try anyway.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
I think Radical Plato once stated that he promoted suicide and that it can be a good idea for anyone looking for a way out.  I think he was fine with his choice and knew full well what he was doing and did not mind one bit.

no, not at all.