Author Topic: National Security Exemption to Miranda warning?  (Read 1222 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
National Security Exemption to Miranda warning?
« on: April 19, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »
Anyone know what that means exactly?

US attorney mentioned it at Boston Press Conference just now.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: National Security Exemption to Miranda warning?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »

Have no idea based upon factual information or even innuendo.

Using pure conjecture & speculation, I am assuming based on the name given, it means in the interest of national security, they don't have to read you your miranda rights when they arrest you.

In other words... if they forget to mirandize you, they do not have to throw out any evidence they obtain illegally. bottom line: You have no rights.
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 07:03:45 PM »
In brief, and as discussed in this article, police officers confronting situations that create a danger to themselves or others may ask questions designed to neutralize the threat without first providing a warning of rights. This article discusses the origins of the public safety exception and provides guidance for law enforcement officers confronted with an emergency that may require interrogating a suspect held in custody about an imminent threat to public safety without providing Miranda warnings.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 07:06:54 PM »
as liberally as we apply "national security" these days, that is kinda concerning.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 07:10:34 PM »
In brief, and as discussed in this article, police officers confronting situations that create a danger to themselves or others may ask questions designed to neutralize the threat without first providing a warning of rights. This article discusses the origins of the public safety exception and provides guidance for law enforcement officers confronted with an emergency that may require interrogating a suspect held in custody about an imminent threat to public safety without providing Miranda warnings.

How long does it take to read a miranda warning?

Do they think they cannot mirandize a suspect, interrogate him and get the answers they are seeking because of the 10 second delay?  Or do they prefer to first arrest a suspect, waterboard him, or perhaps put a pistol to his head and threaten to pull the trigger if they don't get the answers they are seeking, ...and then not have the answers tossed out of court?
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 07:11:48 PM »
How long does it take to read a miranda warning?

Do they think they cannot mirandize a suspect, interrogate him and get the answers they are seeking because of the 10 second delay?  Or do they prefer to first arrest a suspect, waterboard him, or perhaps put a pistol to his head and threaten to pull the trigger if they don't get the answers they are seeking, ...and then not have the answers tossed out of court?

Yeah, I don't really understand it.

I was hoping avxo or 333386 would comment

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 07:18:13 PM »

Actually that is well acepted law and Crim Pro 101.   I cant gripe w this TBH

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 07:22:17 PM »
Actually that is well acepted law and Crim Pro 101.   I cant gripe w this TBH

I'm not bitching about it, just don't really get what it means.

Lindsey Graham ‏@GrahamBlog 56m

The Law of War allows us to hold individual in this scenario as potential enemy combatant w/o Miranda warnings or appointment of counsel.

What an ignorant fucking bastard Lindsey Graham is^^

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 07:26:04 PM »
I think they should have read miranda rights just in case - but they arw fine under the circumstances 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 07:40:30 PM »
I think they should have read miranda rights just in case - but they arw fine under the circumstances 

Let's hope you still feel that way if or when they come for you.
With all the shit you've written, you might be in Depends before your ass gets out of gitmo. lol
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 07:40:48 PM »
I suspect a whole lot of dudes not in the FBI or Boston Police are gonna get a crack at this guy  before they do. Maybe I'm jaded but this whole thing is starting to stink. Now they've introduced this NS exemption into the wider public lexicon but because we'll all associate the horrible bombing and pictures with it, its ok. I'm really troubled with shutting down the city and the "troops" running up and down Watertown doing shit I did in Iraq. Thats Iraq, they suck..I spent years of my life fight so that shit didn';t happen here and low and behold...we elect a piece of shit and its happening. Hugo...right again dude!
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 07:42:42 PM »
Let's hope you still feel that way if or when they come for you.
With all the shit you've written, you might be in Depends before your ass gets out of gitmo. lol

If it were me - its not even a question - read him his rights. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 07:45:25 PM »
We need this douche to talk...but if he's part of a cell with bigger plans, he'll never see the light of day. It will never be in court.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 07:46:05 PM »
I suspect a whole lot of dudes not in the FBI or Boston Police are gonna get a crack at this guy  before they do. Maybe I'm jaded but this whole thing is starting to stink. Now they've introduced this NS exemption into the wider public lexicon but because we'll all associate the horrible bombing and pictures with it, its ok. I'm really troubled with shutting down the city and the "troops" running up and down Watertown doing shit I did in Iraq. Thats Iraq, they suck..I spent years of my life fight so that shit didn';t happen here and low and behold...we elect a piece of shit and its happening. Hugo...right again dude!

Careful HH6, even though you're speaking common sense, some may not consider or interpret it to be so.

Some are saying returning vets are bigger terrorist threats than AlQ. Your country needs as many well trained combat vets with their 2nd amendment rights in tact, as they can get.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »
I'm not crazy about some of the shit we're seeing. At Waco, the guys driving the vehicles were rumored to be Delta. At least it was kept low. Now they're openly allowing the velcro commando's to go house to house like it's Ramadi.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 08:31:29 PM »