Author Topic: shotokan forms  (Read 734 times)

Kenpo Machine

• Getbig II
shotokan forms
« on: April 20, 2013, 04:26:48 PM »
are they still germaine? discuss

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Is this a decent MMA/Karate course?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 04:30:39 PM »
unfortunately MMA has gone the way of Karate, McDojos

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »
Yes it is. They teach you the secret of the one inch death punch. Deadly pressure point techniques. How to turn ordinary stuff in your pocket like a comb into a lethal weapon. The incredible effective stinky fingers technique that will send assailants running. The plucking your opponents nose hair submission. Yes it's a great course. Wait till you read chapter 5 on the wet willy defense.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 04:28:54 AM »
unfortunately MMA has gone the way of Karate, McDojos
inevitable with anything that goes mainstream

joe public wants to be perceived as tough but not actually do tough things and be tough

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 05:06:28 AM »
that ad reminds me of the old charles atlas ad for some reason,i still think wrestling is the best base for MMA n self defense in general, throw in some muay thia training n some no gi BJJ n imo thats a pretty complete combo.
R

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 06:32:12 AM »
Thats a great old advert. I remember seeing it in my Valient comic back in the early 70's.
Wanted to buy the course but never got round to it.   If only I had sent away for it I couldn have been
a master of judo, karate, ju jitsu and savate 24 hours later and been respected as a master. :( :(

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 06:41:54 AM »
that ad reminds me of the old charles atlas ad for some reason,i still think wrestling is the best base for MMA n self defense in general, throw in some muay thia training n some no gi BJJ n imo thats a pretty complete combo.

I agree that wrestling is the best base. Once they learn not to expose their back they take to submission wrestling very quickly. I think a wrestler who has a boxing back ground is light years ahead when he starts doing jui jitsu. 

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 10:04:10 AM »
I agree that wrestling is the best base. Once they learn not to expose their back they take to submission wrestling very quickly. I think a wrestler who has a boxing back ground is light years ahead when he starts doing jui jitsu. 

i agree oldtimer with the wrestlers learning not to give up their backs, guys like randleman/coleman ect where so dominant in the top position they rarely trained off their backs n that was a huge mistake. your right also as far as once a wrestler gets alittle submission training they usually do really well in grappling tournaments. my son is 6 yrs old and been wrestling since he was 4, he went into the state championships this year but didnt do to well, hes getting better though. wrestling season just ended n now he trains in hamilton,nj in ufc frankie edgars wrestling class n trains his jiu jitsu there also
R

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 10:09:33 AM »
Frankie is in Hamilton? I thought he was a Toms River guy? He's seen all the time by the shore area by me.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 10:19:52 AM »
Frankie is in Hamilton? I thought he was a Toms River guy? He's seen all the time by the shore area by me.

yeah he lives in toms river but he trains at ricardo almeidas in hamilton, i have some family who live in toms river, i love it there
R