Author Topic: i talked to a few highly educated highly paid people i know and i feel discourag  (Read 9748 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
they pretty much confirmed to me that without at the very least one masters degree in engineering or computer science you cant expect to ever get a good salary

other useful things may obviously be doctor/lawyer

those foreigners with their flimsy one man businesses are probably making a lot more than any guy without a very solid education

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
Here's how you do it.

If you do get a college education, pick a good major that is practical, computer science is a fine choice.

Then, don't take out a lot of student loans, during college, be a cheapskate, work part time, sell drugs, don't take any vacations, do what you gotta do, but make sure you keep your student loans LOW.

Follow these 2 steps, and it is worth it.

And if you are hot, you can turn yourself into a ladyboy. Hot ladyboys can make big money fucking old dudes in the ass.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
just be happy with who u r, its great to keep trying to better yourself n all with education n stuff but try to be happy n dont compare yourself to others. someones always gonna be built better,have more money, be better looking ect so dont torture yourself comparing to others
R

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
they pretty much confirmed to me that without at the very least one masters degree in engineering or computer science you cant expect to ever get a good salary

those foreigners with their flimsy one man businesses are probably making a lot more than any guy without a very solid education

Highly educated, highly paid people tend to be biased towards being highly educated... plenty of people with trade school under their belts making a very good living as contractors

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
just be happy with who u r, its great to keep trying to better yourself n all with education n stuff but try to be happy n dont compare yourself to others. someones always gonna be built better,have more money, be better looking ect so dont torture yourself comparing to others
i guess this is some truth

because once you realized you fucked up doesnt mean you can fix it unless you have a time travel machine to go back to 18 years old

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
You absolutely don't need a masters degree to make a decent living, that is nonsense.

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot

It depends on what you consider a good salary.    

Don't be discouraged.  I know people in Silicon Valley who make upwards of 6 figures in the engineering field with no high school diploma.

TigerStripes

• Getbig III

In the USA we are in a rat race. We MUST work our asses off, or else we will end up out on the streets.

In the land of the free, you really have to keep your momentum going and keep sharp, or else life will chew you up and spit you out.

Unless you're born into a wealthy family who takes care of you. Then you can just take it easy.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
You absolutely don't need a masters degree to make a decent living, that is nonsense.
list some jobs that pay decent and dont require advanced education?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Highly educated, highly paid people tend to be biased towards being highly educated... plenty of people with trade school under their belts making a very good living as contractors

I know a guy who next to nothing about welding, went to school and a little over a year later is making over $40 an hour. There are good paying trades out there for sure.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV

exactly lol. that is ludicrous

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i guess this is some truth

because once you realized you fucked up doesnt mean you can fix it unless you have a time travel machine to go back to 18 years old

its never to late to make things better
R

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Here's how you do it.

If you do get a college education, pick a good major that is practical, computer science is a fine choice.

Then, don't take out a lot of student loans, during college, be a cheapskate, work part time, sell drugs, don't take any vacations, do what you gotta do, but make sure you keep your student loans LOW.

Follow these 2 steps, and it is worth it.

And if you are hot, you can turn yourself into a ladyboy. Hot ladyboys can make big money fucking old dudes in the ass.
Actually no it isn't. Poor job market for that degree in the US.
A

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
list some jobs that pay decent and dont require advanced education?

Welder
Electrician
Plumber

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
Welder, carpenter,  painter, landscaper, window installer, glass blower, roofer, blacksmith, farmer, mason, tree cutter, tree stump removal, fisherman......

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Def. My father had his own plumbing business and we lived very well. I am in the field now myself and you can make a killing if you are in with the right contractors

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Welder
Electrician
Plumber

Yep. And look at the average age of these guys nationwide, many are well into their 50s. The demand for these trades will only increase in the future.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
its never to late to make things better
they say that, but realistically, it think it actually is

get an education very late you will be far less attractive to hire than guy who has it right away

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Best job without a degree.?

Web Developer
A

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
all true, my freinds who have trades all make great money. my one freind has a chimney/roofing company n made over 650 grand last year clear
R

leadhead

• Getbig III
Well I'm educated and in the engineering field and make good money but have friends who own/are partners in their own businesses and make much more than I do. Both barely finished high school. They work hard but don't work but 8-9 months per year. Their are still opportunities to make good money for uneducated people as long as you own the business.

A masters doesn't mean much more money in civil engineering IMO.

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
Don't go for huge money right away.

Shoot to make 35k per year at first, then improve from there.

Lots of people have unrealistic expectations of going out and making 6 figures in the first year.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
100k+ a year is possible working for someone in good trade. 140k+ easily if you own a business with only a few employees.

i met a chem lab tech who left the lab for the jobsite a while ago, started his own steel stud+drywall business cleared 130k second year and very happy. kinda weird seeing a nerdy guy with glasses doing that sort of thing though lol..

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Best job without a degree.?

Web Developer

I have a degree in web development. Don't work in the field any longer though. Work in production scheduling and purchasing.

Technically it's a diploma, not a degree, mind you.