Author Topic: Killing all the doubts regarding Dorian's size nowadays !  (Read 10466 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: Killing all the doubts regarding Dorian's size nowadays !
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 02:01:57 PM »
only 10 year older lou ferrigno does that
Hey big Louie has no shame

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2005, 02:04:10 PM »
so what got you a bad knee to begin with?
Yes.  Patella tracking issue.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2005, 02:11:42 PM »
That video was from 2 years ago. You did notice the poster for the 2003 championships in the background. In two years a sea of change can happen. Please don't go dredging up old videos in the misguided hope of proving a point

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2005, 02:22:31 PM »
As for Dorian doing low reps, going too heavy and unsound training, I've watched Blood N guts and he does 3 sets of pushdowns (12,10,11 reps) 2 sets of skullcrushers (6 reps each) and finished it off with 1 set of one arm pushdowns (1 set per arm) for 8 reps (with a little help to squeeze at the last 1-2 reps)
That doesn't come across to me as going overboard. Injuries can happen for a number of reasons.

While he does indeed go heavy on pushdowns, he doesn't go low in reps. And he does put some weight on the bar doing skullcrushers, but not more than for example Marcus Ruhl's girlfriend use (and she works the same reprange)

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2005, 02:47:44 PM »
That being said, obviously the risk of injury is greater when you work heavy weights, low reps and close to a competition. But with Dorian, he probably couldn't have done it any other way.
Z

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 04:51:18 AM »
As for Dorian doing low reps, going too heavy and unsound training, I've watched Blood N guts and he does 3 sets of pushdowns (12,10,11 reps) 2 sets of skullcrushers (6 reps each) and finished it off with 1 set of one arm pushdowns (1 set per arm) for 8 reps (with a little help to squeeze at the last 1-2 reps)
That doesn't come across to me as going overboard. Injuries can happen for a number of reasons.

Exactly; Lee Priest is famous for his 5 sets of 6-8 reps style of training. I don't see his body riddled with injuries, and who's going to tell me he could be 'better' with 12-15 reps?

Dorian's form is as good as anyone's in the history of the sport; while overloading his body pre-Olympias probably didn't do him any favours, chances are with ANY training style (assuming he ultimately lifted as or near to as heavy) he would have injured himself as his body was just built that way. In A Warrior's Story he concludes that were his form not as strict, he'd have injured himself earlier and more severely.

Yates' injuries and cause (once he'd established his HIT-based methodology):

March 7, 1994 - injured ligament on the rotator cuff in left shoulder doing *warm-up set* of decline presses

April, 1994 - tore vastus muscle in left thigh

July 12, 1994 - torn bicep doing 405-pound barbell rows

June, 1997 - small tear in right thigh doing leg extensions while suffering from mysterious illness; later, turned out to be tear in the wall of his stomach from taking too much aspirin

October, 1997 - tears left tricep doing pullover-and-press

If you look at the bulking exercises he did, most of them were relatively 'safe' - Smith Machine to the front shoulder presses, hack squates, leg presses, Smith Machine squats, Incline bench press, only a couple of sets of deads (after being *thoroughly* warmed up), etc.

I think the fair conclusion is he both pushed it and was plain fucking unlucky.

Why all the hate on Dorian, Pumpster? No matter what the thread is, if he's mentioned you pop up and start taking shots at the guy. Wait... you're not a Shawn Ray alias are you!? :D
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2005, 04:57:55 AM »
Who's the cock that posted this? I saw this on MM like 2 years ago
$

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2005, 05:18:33 AM »
how can anyone rag on dorians style of training...

get a clue:

he won 6 fucking olympias jackasses!

>:(

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2005, 05:31:42 AM »
My own experience reflects Rons-reps in the 10-15 range minimizes injury potential of the sort Yates experienced training with low reps. Also hits the muscles better, IMO-maybe that's part of the reason Ron has much better muscle volume than Yates.

that's why dorian is thicker and harder.   :P
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

21Guns

• Getbig II
  • Only the strong surive
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2005, 05:39:46 AM »
In the vidio you see that Dorian still has a lot of muscle.I think hes where most retired pros want to be.

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2005, 08:11:47 AM »
Who's the cock that posted this? I saw this on MM like 2 years ago

It was me, dipshit, thank you!!!! And just in case you're not aware, you're not the only one in the world, and one must conclude that there's a good chance that a lot of people didn't get the chance to watch the video, so that's why it's here, POSTED BY ME! ;)
Train forever !

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2005, 08:19:54 AM »
It was me, dipshit, thank you!!!! And just in case you're not aware, you're not the only one in the world, and one must conclude that there's a good chance that a lot of people didn't get the chance to watch the video, so that's why it's here, POSTED BY ME! ;)

Well why don't you put up that the video wasn't shot yesterday.
$

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2005, 09:57:49 AM »
Why go so heavy on extensions? I always thought that was a refining exercise.

There is no such thing as a "refining" exercise. your muscles contract under tension. period.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2005, 10:41:47 AM »
What the hell does Yates know about training?  That fag Yates was only the best bodybuilder in the world from '92-'97....6 years in a row HAH!!!  Pathetic.  And he had the nerve to get injured while training to be the best in the world......that just says he was poorly disciplined, poorly informed and generally didn't know what in the hell he was doing.   And that clip of him performing leg extensions....I'm surprised both thighs didn't rip in that moment...his form was lousy and I'm sure he had at least 2000 lbs. moving up and down....moron.  Then he had the nerve to spot that guy on leg extensions and he did it all wrong.  Everyone knows that Ronnie Coleman's way is the only way to train.   

MOS

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2005, 11:08:57 AM »
Dorian still looks huge
Don't let em fool ya

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2005, 11:51:07 AM »
Doz is the best - PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care what other people say, neither if I hurt the Colemania members' feelings.

Regardless of the YEAR OF THE VID (Broadstreetsucker  ;)), it's a testment to the man and to prove once and for all that he kept the greatest amount of muscle mass a pro bb should keep in his retirement. Dorian surely puts into shame Tom Prince, Flex Wheeler, and a big crop of other retired bbdrs. And if I do say so myself, Yates can put in to shame a lot of the CURRENT PROS STILL COMPETING. :o
Train forever !

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2005, 12:08:43 PM »
Doz is the best - PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care what other people say, neither if I hurt the Colemania members' feelings.

Regardless of the YEAR OF THE VID (Broadstreetsucker  ;)), it's a testment to the man and to prove once and for all that he kept the greatest amount of muscle mass a pro bb should keep in his retirement. Dorian surely puts into shame Tom Prince, Flex Wheeler, and a big crop of other retired bbdrs. And if I do say so myself, Yates can put in to shame a lot of the CURRENT PROS STILL COMPETING. :o

Dorian was great and I truly admire his work ethic but I would say a prime Flex put any bodybuilder to shame. Dorian had a great big cow belly and small arms.
Don't let em fool ya

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2006, 05:43:05 PM »
Damn...Dorian's back still could kill just about anyone on today's stage.  Check out those forearms they are huge. He gotta be weighing about 240lbs in his mid 40s and still in great shape. You gotta respect the guy because even if he trained too hard sometimes and got injured, the focus and drive is what got him those "6 good reasons" why he was a great Mr Olympia. If Chris Cormier with his genetics and Dorian's training could have made it to England, we could have been looking at a different Mr. Olympia this year.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2006, 05:45:44 PM »
Damn...Dorian's back still could kill just about anyone on today's stage.  Check out those forearms they are huge. He gotta be weighing about 240lbs in his mid 40s and still in great shape. You gotta respect the guy because even if he trained too hard sometimes and got injured, the focus and drive is what got him those "6 good reasons" why he was a great Mr Olympia. If Chris Cormier with his genetics and Dorian's training could have made it to England, we could have been looking at a different Mr. Olympia this year.
Chris should have been training with Dorain from the get-go, but even with Dorians help its up to Chris. Starting with him this late wouldn't do THAT much.
bodybuildersreality.com

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2006, 06:00:20 PM »
Wow that's awesome. He's intense, but not as intense as me. Which worries me since you guys are talking about that being the likely cause of his injuries. But I've read that your final, failing reps are actually the safest. So I go all out. If I were Dorian doing those leg extensions I would have done at least 4 more reps, until my training partner is doing rows with my feet!
~

body88

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2006, 06:01:36 PM »
Enlighten yourself with some reading; Coleman maxes out very rarely, precisely so that he won't end up like Yates. Some of those maxes are done specifically for videos.

Pump ron has tears. He is on the way to end up like Yates. Lets not act like Ronnie is not going to show signs of his Gh abuse when he retires. That gut is not going to just go away when he drop 50 lbs of muscle. Doz looks pretty good to me compared to the former Mr O's when they stopped competing.

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2006, 06:19:58 PM »
Good thing Dorian was wearing that Valeo belt during those leg extensions  ::)

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2006, 06:51:19 PM »
I really beleive heavy extensions are bad for the knees.  Heavy quad work should be done with leg presses and squats.  Heavy extensions will put your patellar tendon in a weird position.  I use single leg light high rep extensions to rehab a bad knee once in a while.  Never anything that i cant do for 20 reps.  By the way dont you guys love how Dorian uses a frekin belt on those?
100% truth

for those "doubters" the rooms/ceillings/doorways are very small in england, or wherever there at... maybe thats making dorian "look" bigger...

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2006, 06:53:18 PM »

Pump ron has tears. He is on the way to end up like Yates. Lets not act like Ronnie is not going to show signs of his Gh abuse when he retires. That gut is not going to just go away when he drop 50 lbs of muscle. Doz looks pretty good to me compared to the former Mr O's when they stopped competing.
I agree, 88. for such a recent retired competitor he doesn't look that bad.
bodybuildersreality.com

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2006, 07:00:17 PM »
Great clip.

As far as the injuries, it seems like he got them in the bodyparts where I recall it looking a bit hazardous in B&G - biceps and triceps.

The seated biceps curls in B&G always looked like an injury waiting to happen.

Not so with most of his excersises, eg benchpress, deadlift, pullover, HStrength Chest machine.

Don't remember how he teared his biceps, if it was when doing reverse grip BB rows or some biceps excersise.

In any case, I think Yates, as good form he had on most excersises, was sloppy on a few. And that is what injured him.

Would be interesting to see his own take.

BTW, nice clip, and he's fcuking big today. Looks at least 242.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise