Author Topic: Obama endorses Internet Sales Tax  (Read 727 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama endorses Internet Sales Tax
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 10:10:02 AM »
It's a good thing that only rich people use the internet. Otherwise Obama would be raising taxes on the middle class.....OH WAIT!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 10:13:18 AM »
It's a good thing that only rich people use the internet. Otherwise Obama would be raising taxes on the middle class.....OH WAIT!!!!

And the scumbags that voted for him over romney have what to say?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 10:53:39 AM »
I wonder what the percentage is as far as buying power a dollar has lost in the hands of the average American in the last few years.

Pricing pressures are rampant at the wholesale level so we haven't seen anything yet.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 10:59:13 AM »
Sorry, this would have happened under any POTUS at some point

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 11:06:46 AM »

So Obama and Reid are blameless again.   Why didnt it happen under W? 

FYI - how is a small business w an online prescense supposed to comply w this crap? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 11:18:55 AM »

There's a difference between it merely happening under a president (which is debatable) and a sitting president ENDORSING this mess.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 11:20:43 AM »
There's a difference between it merely happening under a president (which is debatable) and a sitting president ENDORSING this mess.

For a small business - this is going to destroy them try to deal w 50 separate remittances and all the different localities.

Leave it to the Fedzilla to collapse anything that works efficiently.   

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »
I think we all knew it was going to happen at some point but why do it now? Because they can?

Why not do it in 2-3 years when the overall economy is better because of the low unemployment and all the great incentives are in place to do business?  ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 11:23:11 AM »

Cause it would have happened under any president anyway.  I am not endorsing OB by saying this.  What i am saying is, is OUR ALLEGED REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT is screwing us!  Just like 220 of those whores voted to make it legal for employers to demand our social media passwords under penalty of termination to get jobs.  Just like Michelle Bachman (conservative savior, miss "i talk with god" and i am against spending) voted for an additional 190 Billion in bail out money.  It all BS, all BS!!!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 11:31:58 AM »
So Obama and Reid are blameless again.   Why didnt it happen under W? 

FYI - how is a small business w an online prescense supposed to comply w this crap? 

The answer to that is online payment systems such as paypal and other merchant accounts will have to make it automatic. That's the only way the $$ would actually be dispersed to the appropriate state/county. How complex would it be to pay thousands of different billers all over the country based on selling something in that area? Very. That's why you can also count on merchant fees for those sales going way up also. It all gets passed on to the purchaser. If tax is 7% and merchant fees go up 3% to the seller, AT LEAST a 10% price increase for the consumer. Easy math there...

Nobody in a small business that ships say 50 orders a day is going to hire somebody based on the extra work...but they might be doing all they can already....they would just ignore it or put a flat rate on there somehow.

There are going to be a lot of small businesses going from corporate status to DBAs in 2014.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 01:18:49 PM »
Great.  Let's give more of our money to the federal government, since they do such a wonderful job managing what they already have.  This hurts everyone, including all those people the president said would not see one dime of their taxes rise. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
looks like there are some big republicans also supporting this crap.

They all picked a pretty stupid time to try and do this.  I guess it if brings more jobs to local communities over an internet company who's warehouse is mostly filled with Mexican workers on the cheap.  No guarantee this is going to be a positive thing though.  It's just as likely to be a contributing factor in tanking a very fragile economy that's a long way away from recovery.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 03:29:56 PM »
John Donahoe: The Mom & Pop Internet Sales Tax

...This bill could put entrepreneurs like Colleen Rast out of business. Colleen and her three employees run all of their business operations out of a small office in Kalispell, Mont. Although her apparel-sales business is located in a state without sales taxes, the Marketplace Fairness Act would require Colleen to track and comply with the tax laws of more than 9,600 tax jurisdictions across the U.S. It would create costly paperwork and accounting burdens and subject her to potential audits and litigation from tax collectors in states that are more than a thousand miles away from where she lives and works....

cont... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323735604578438643723029594.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 03:37:30 PM »
John Donahoe: The Mom & Pop Internet Sales Tax

...This bill could put entrepreneurs like Colleen Rast out of business. Colleen and her three employees run all of their business operations out of a small office in Kalispell, Mont. Although her apparel-sales business is located in a state without sales taxes, the Marketplace Fairness Act would require Colleen to track and comply with the tax laws of more than 9,600 tax jurisdictions across the U.S. It would create costly paperwork and accounting burdens and subject her to potential audits and litigation from tax collectors in states that are more than a thousand miles away from where she lives and works....

cont... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323735604578438643723029594.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Brilliant.   >:(

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 03:42:25 PM »
Another way BIG BUSINESS has bought and paid for our alleged representatives and is squeezing the small business out.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 03:44:16 PM »
looks like there are some big republicans also supporting this crap.

They all picked a pretty stupid time to try and do this.  I guess it if brings more jobs to local communities over an internet company who's warehouse is mostly filled with Mexican workers on the cheap.  No guarantee this is going to be a positive thing though.  It's just as likely to be a contributing factor in tanking a very fragile economy that's a long way away from recovery.

Why anyone thinks either side is different at this point is mind boggling.  When it comes to matters that affect us all the most, they always vote together.

As Ozmo said above, corporatism rules America.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »
Cause it would have happened under any president anyway.  I am not endorsing OB by saying this.  What i am saying is, is OUR ALLEGED REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT is screwing us!  Just like 220 of those whores voted to make it legal for employers to demand our social media passwords under penalty of termination to get jobs.  Just like Michelle Bachman (conservative savior, miss "i talk with god" and i am against spending) voted for an additional 190 Billion in bail out money.  It all BS, all BS!!!!!!

So that makes it OK. Here is a perfect example of why they run roughshod over us. What a sad joke.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 05:02:10 PM »
where are all the ppl yelling for higher taxes now?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 05:21:35 PM »
So that makes it OK. Here is a perfect example of why they run roughshod over us. What a sad joke.

It doesn't make it ok.  It makes ignorant, moronic, absolutely dumb, bias, stupid, to act as if its a Dem or OB thing or to try an use it as a criticism of such other than the fact that he as any other fucking bought and paid for PUTOS would have done the same.

They run roughshod over us because we are distracted fighting over us vs them, dem vs repub, con vs lib, ......................me anwhile BOHICA

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »
Another way BIG BUSINESS has bought and paid for our alleged representatives and is squeezing the small business out.
  Not to mention the people.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 06:35:31 PM »
I highly doubt obama gives a flying fuck what he "endorses" or signs into law.