Author Topic: 'Child' marriage in bible  (Read 14865 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
'Child' marriage in bible
« on: April 23, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »
Since the mod of the religion section doesn't like this being posted I will post it here. He started attacking Islam and Muslims who marry young and of course Muhammad (pbuh). So I thought I'd share some insight on Mary (peace be upon her) and the fact she was between 11-14 when she had Jesus (pbuh) and according to the bible she was betrothed before having Jesus (pbuh) which means how old was she clearly pretty young!

Most say a young teenager, but still there was never a penis in Mary.

Regardless, there are no penises allowed in small children.

Oh I see. And she was bethorted to Joseph according to Christian belief when?

This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. [Matthew 1:18]

So she was going to get married at that age.

This islamophobe garbage is a new phenomena, no historical islamophobe ever used this 'tactic' until this century really. Like I said it's a new phenomena of British sources. The age of consent was raised due to prostitution of children in Britain.

The average limit of consent was 10 years of age and 7 years of age in delaware in the late 1800s.. 1880 i believe? Oh well.

The above is not just marriage its 'sex'. I am talking about marriage, which means the obligation and responsibility to take care of a woman not just screw around or worse yet rape someone. Rape is rape period.

And to think that younger people cant think you're wrong.

http://www.mommyish.com/2013/04/02/fifth-grade-boys-arrested-for-rape-and-murder-plot/

In judaism (Jesus and Mary were Jews), you come of age and mature when you hit puberty. Just like in Islam. Hence Bar Mitzvahs to celebrate coming of manhood. You are expected to marry not screw around.

And stop deleting this post because it showcases Mary was to be married at this age to Joseph. It's really weak of you.

Oh and for anyone wondering why and how the age of sexual consent and marriage was instigated. It was due to the British having a problem of child prostitution, so they were forced to enact these laws in order to protect young women from being abused. The law spread around gradually although there are still places in south america, asia, etc... that allow younger marriages and sexual consent.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
'Child' marriage in bible (stop deleting the thread)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 06:18:59 PM »
Most say a young teenager, but still there was never a penis in Mary.

Regardless, there are no penises allowed in small children.

Oh I see. And she was bethorted to Joseph according to Christian belief when?

This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. [Matthew 1:18]

So she was going to get married at that age.

This islamophobe garbage is a new phenomena, no historical islamophobe ever used this 'tactic' until this century really. Like I said it's a new phenomena of British sources. The age of consent was raised due to prostitution of children in Britain.

The average limit of consent was 10 years of age and 7 years of age in delaware in the late 1800s.. 1880 i believe? Oh well.

The above is not just marriage its 'sex'. I am talking about marriage, which means the obligation and responsibility to take care of a woman not just screw around or worse yet rape someone. Rape is rape period.

And to think that younger people cant think you're wrong.

http://www.mommyish.com/2013/04/02/fifth-grade-boys-arrested-for-rape-and-murder-plot/

In judaism (Jesus and Mary were Jews), you come of age and mature when you hit puberty. Just like in Islam. Hence Bar Mitzvahs to celebrate coming of manhood. You are expected to marry not screw around.

And stop deleting this post because it showcases Mary was to be married at this age to Joseph. It's really weak of you.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Re: 'Child' marriage in bible (stop deleting the thread)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 06:20:12 PM »
This post never should have been deleted.

I won't give my opinion but it was fine for the religious section in my opinion.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 06:27:54 PM »
It's because he went on an immature rampage with e-kul and started dissing Muhammad and Islam. Quite low for a mod. So when I posted something from the bible. He started deleting it.

The point is, people used to marry young all the time. People didn't focus on clubbing and partying and 'having fun' but on life and getting settled, established, making something out of themselves from the day they are born.

Hence in Jewish tradition, when a boy 'comes of age' hits puberty he has his bar mitzvah, thats like usually around 12? And mary here was to mary Joseph. So imagine how young they were.

The British law is which determined that no one should mary or have sex before 18 and such... I had news excerpts of 'plight of women' to endorse these laws (old old newspapers). What it had to do was with abuse of women and child prostitution. That's what it stemmed from.

It's a new phenomena as in the united states people had a really low average age of consent at 10, and delaware at 7.

These are historical facts, but it seems islamophobes want to attack something they don't want people to understand from the right perspective.

Around the world there are girls who by 12 they are fully capable of taking care of house hold, money, family, go to school, have fun, etc... it has nothing to do with being forced to mary or whatever. Rape is rape, forced marriage is forced marriage. However there are plenty of examples of young marriages where people are very happy.

I know of a few examples of family friends and girls who were 16 and got married, heck my grandmother was 16 when she married and that was like what 50 some years ago? Just the fact that most girls and boys are too immature to handle married life does not mean it cant happen. I was 21 and now married 7 years, my wife is 4 years older than me as I didn't find the local girls mature around my age. These numbers are meaningless. Maturity is not determined by a number. There are 30+ some year olds who are immature as a brick.

If e-kul and his radical atheism and darwinist evolution approach were to be used? Guess what? Nature says if you hit puberty you want sex, you want a partner, you want to procreate. I am not saying go have sex or get married when you hit puberty, but the defacto facts is, the age of consent at 18 years of age is an artificial number set by Britishers who had a prostitution problem.

Remember the case of the teacher who was a slut and slept with the entire high school football team? She was charged because they were 'almost 18' but not 18. Imagine that. What difference does it make. She slept with them, while they probably got kudos from their bros and like most getbiggers on here brag about 'banging' whoever.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 06:32:12 PM »
nothing else will be deleted right now. 

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 06:39:31 PM »
This is not the olden days man. Society now is different, as opposed to back then where people matured mentally way quicker due to living condition, and societal norms.

Trying to marry off people in and around puberty now would be a major injustice to these kids.

...on a side note, i'm surprised you can keep at it for this long without getting bored. Religion is like an obsession with you.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 07:45:57 PM »

I DONT care what the average age of was in the past, but in this day and age, for an adult, it is 18.  EIGHTEEN.  EIGHT-TEEN.  Get it.

It is pathetic when kids under 16 even think about it because they feel pressured.  Enough.

Girls at the age of 12 is BULLSHIT!  Get it!  I have a daughter who is 9, I have lot's of friends of have 12 year old daughters.
 They are capable of a lot of things, but their mind is not their yet. Simple as that. 

We live in an age where we have been enlightened to understand that our kids can go to school, can learn to be anything they want, can take their time to enjoy life.

400 years ago people thought the earth was flat.  They thought they needed to make sacrifices of people to earn the trust of gods.

150 years ago, they never thought they would be driving in cars, in planes.

50 years ago, what the hell was a computer

20 years ago, an Ipad.

So screw this crap, we are not going back to where freaking idiots ruined their kids because they thought it was the way it should be.

Don't we have enough of this around the world now?

Maybe in 20-30 years, they might be enlightened enough to get it soon too.

And this has NOTHING to do with religion, just ignorance.

So STOP WITH ANY FREAKING FORM of CHILD anything on this board.

It isnt the place, nor do I want it here.     18+ is what I like.  End of story.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
wait, who deleted your posts while keeping E-kul's drivel intact?  ???

It's happened to me in the past as well, where an apparently offensive post of mine (to christians) was modified. Meanwhile all kinds of vile disgusting posts about muslims are left undeleted.
follow the arrows

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
I DONT care what the average age of was in the past, but in this day and age, for an adult, it is 18.  EIGHTEEN.  EIGHT-TEEN.  Get it.

It is pathetic when kids under 16 even think about it because they feel pressured.  Enough.

Girls at the age of 12 is BULLSHIT!  Get it!  I have a daughter who is 9, I have lot's of friends of have 12 year old daughters.
 They are capable of a lot of things, but their mind is not their yet. Simple as that. 

We live in an age where we have been enlightened to understand that our kids can go to school, can learn to be anything they want, can take their time to enjoy life.

400 years ago people thought the earth was flat.  They thought they needed to make sacrifices of people to earn the trust of gods.

20 years ago, an Ipad.

So screw this crap, we are not going back to where freaking idiots ruined their kids because they thought it was the way it should be.

It isnt the place, nor do I want it here.     18+ is what I like.  End of story.

Thank you Ron!  Well said!  8)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
18+ is what I like.  End of story.

Exactly 18 is what I like.  At 19 they start to get fat. 

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 08:35:24 PM »

20 years ago, an Ipad.

Your rant doesn't even belong in this thread Ron. And the reason the mods were deleting had NOTHING to do with what you are ranting about and you know it.

Everything Ahmed was talking about was directly from a religious book.....nothing about what occurs today or what is legal.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 08:36:18 PM »
wait, who deleted your posts while keeping E-kul's drivel intact?  ???

It's happened to me in the past as well, where an apparently offensive post of mine (to christians) was modified. Meanwhile all kinds of vile disgusting posts about muslims are left undeleted.

I have noticed this also.

There are always excuses.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 08:37:56 PM »
Exactly 18 is what I like.  At 19 they start to get fat. 
;D

AR.2007

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 08:53:47 PM »
This is not the olden days man. Society now is different, as opposed to back then where people matured mentally way quicker due to living condition, and societal norms.

Trying to marry off people in and around puberty now would be a major injustice to these kids.

...on a side note, i'm surprised you can keep at it for this long without getting bored. Religion is like an obsession with you.

I know this thread is about the bible but!!

Psychopath just destroyed the critics of the prophet Muhammads marriage(peace be upon him)!

some foolish people make stupid claims, and call Muhammad(peace be upon him) diffrent bad names, But what they fail to understand, is Diffrent times, Diffrent customs

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
I wonder when the christians were raping and killing women were asking them if they were 9 years old.

More Murder Rape and Pillage   (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead  (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children.  "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin."  Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

Rape of Female Captives   (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house.  But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb.  After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife.  However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 01:48:34 AM »
Catholic tradition (they have better historical knowledge of their faith than most other christian groups) says Mary was approx 15 at time of conception.  Young but not pedophilia age.  And in addition to that of course the faith says she was a virgin.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 01:55:49 AM »
Catholic tradition (they have better historical knowledge of their faith than most other christian groups) says Mary was approx 15 at time of conception.  Young but not pedophilia age.  And in addition to that of course the faith says she was a virgin.
Which would mean she did not have sexual relations until at least 16 years of age, good point. I am Pentecostal as a Christian and we also have reason to believe Mary was 16 years old and theologians also believe this age as well.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
'Child' marriage in Islam (Modern Day, Not Thousands of Years Ago)
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 02:29:38 AM »
 :o

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 02:36:19 AM »

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 04:03:37 AM »
Same old justification for evil. Since someone else did something bad some other time in history...

It's ok for a Muslim to cut off an infidels head. It's actually become so predictable it's like a parody.
$

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 06:09:41 AM »
Your rant doesn't even belong in this thread Ron. And the reason the mods were deleting had NOTHING to do with what you are ranting about and you know it.

Everything Ahmed was talking about was directly from a religious book.....nothing about what occurs today or what is legal.

Unfortunately in this instance you are simply incorrect, but that isn't your fault either.  You just lack the context of the situation.  All you see is ahmed being upset because MOS deleted his post about something in the bible and it appears "grossly unfair and biased".   I also don't expect you to understand every facet of every thread either, but what is presented here and what is reality are two different things.  I stepped away from the board last night so I wouldn't say something inappropriate to ahmed....I simply collected myself.  See, I don't delete posts or threads "willy nilly" because I disagree with them; although, I have catered to the Muslims of the religion board and protected their posts and threads above virtually all others when I didn't have to (and I've taken a little heat because of it).  I've deleted so many threads and posts about Islam they didn't even know existed (but certainly would've found offensive) and I didn't have to either.  I have addressed every "report to moderator" request that has been submitted and done my level best to treat everyone with respect and kindness.

In this instance you're seeing a post which represents backlash from a related thread you don't see.  In this case I made the simple claim that it wasn't cool for the Islamic prophet Muhammad to marry 6 year old Aisha and then have sex with her at age 9.   Grown men having sex with children is simply not appropriate, but I gave board Muslims a simple out in this instance and basically said, "let's chalk this up to mistake on behalf of Muhammad and use it as an example of what not to do."  They didn't take the out and instead chose to defend Muhammad having sex with a 9 year old girl.  Again, I attempted to use some humor to cushion the moment and gave a second option for them to step away gracefully and basically said, "we all have wins and losses in life let's consider this incident an 'L' for Muhammad".  Again, ahmed refused to relent and continued to defend the sex with a child.

It's at this point he invents a parallel between Muhammad having sex with 9-yr old Aisha and Mary and Jospeh (the parents of Jesus) having sex with each other as young kids.  A couple of quick googles will find others claiming Mary was 12 years old when pregnant with Jesus, but none of that is biblical...it's plucked out of the air.  We don't know Mary's age.  ahmed was reaching to invent a unbiblical parallel with Mary's age in order to justify Muhammad having sex with a 9 year old.....that's it.  I made it clear to ahmed I was not going to entertain this disgusting topic any further and in typical ahmed fashion he attempts to bring focus off the subject of Muhammad and Aisha through distraction and subversioin via the use of his invented parallel.  He also googled every quick reference he could indicating instances of small children being married to older adults as further justification.  In this instance he again shifted the focus to the "act of marriage with children" in order to distract from the "the act of sex with children" (as if it's somehow better).  I deleted a number of these offbase posts and threads including the copy here on the General board, but all content is interrelated.  He last immediate reposting of this same thread I let stand on the religion board as ahmed indicated that no matter what I did he would repost it when I'm not around.  This begs the question: why is ahmed logging his posts offline?  This isn't the first time one of his offensive posts have been deleted only to be instantly reposted.  He knows exactly what he's doing and how offensive the content is.

I stand by what I did and what I said and I'd rather be demodded and my Getbig account banned then retract a word of it.  There are fews things that make my blood boil, but defending something like this is one of them.  Had they simply agreed that it wasn't the best choice for a man to have sex with a small child we could have moved forward and I would've respected them for it.  I even indicated that the act is completely forgivable, but nope they choose to defend to the end.....so be it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 06:19:53 AM »
I posted this on the General board and I'll post it here.  It's a response to bikinislut so she could have the all important context of the situation:

Unfortunately in this instance you are simply incorrect, but that isn't your fault either.  You just lack the context of the situation.  All you see is ahmed being upset because MOS deleted his post about something in the bible and it appears "grossly unfair and biased".   I also don't expect you to understand every facet of every thread either, but what is presented here and what is reality are two different things.  I stepped away from the board last night so I wouldn't say something inappropriate to ahmed....I simply collected myself.  See, I don't delete posts or threads "willy nilly" because I disagree with them; although, I have catered to the Muslims of the religion board and protected their posts and threads above virtually all others when I didn't have to (and I've taken a little heat because of it).  I've deleted so many threads and posts about Islam they didn't even know existed (but certainly would've found offensive) and I didn't have to either.  I have addressed every "report to moderator" request that has been submitted and done my level best to treat everyone with respect and kindness.

In this instance you're seeing a post which represents backlash from a related thread you don't see.  In this case I made the simple claim that it wasn't cool for the Islamic prophet Muhammad to marry 6 year old Aisha and then have sex with her at age 9.   Grown men having sex with children is simply not appropriate, but I gave board Muslims a simple out in this instance and basically said, "let's chalk this up to mistake on behalf of Muhammad and use it as an example of what not to do."  They didn't take the out and instead chose to defend Muhammad having sex with a 9 year old girl.  Again, I attempted to use some humor to cushion the moment and gave a second option for them to step away gracefully and basically said, "we all have wins and losses in life let's consider this incident an 'L' for Muhammad".  Again, ahmed refused to relent and continued to defend the sex with a child.

It's at this point he invents a parallel between Muhammad having sex with 9-yr old Aisha and Mary and Jospeh (the parents of Jesus) having sex with each other as young kids.  A couple of quick googles will find others claiming Mary was 12 years old when pregnant with Jesus, but none of that is biblical...it's plucked out of the air.  We don't know Mary's age.  ahmed was reaching to invent a unbiblical parallel with Mary's age in order to justify Muhammad having sex with a 9 year old.....that's it.  I made it clear to ahmed I was not going to entertain this disgusting topic any further and in typical ahmed fashion he attempts to bring focus off the subject of Muhammad and Aisha through distraction and subversioin via the use of his invented parallel.  He also googled every quick reference he could indicating instances of small children being married to older adults as further justification.  In this instance he again shifted the focus to the "act of marriage with children" in order to distract from the "the act of sex with children" (as if it's somehow better).  I deleted a number of these offbase posts and threads including the copy here on the General board, but all content is interrelated.  He last immediate reposting of this same thread I let stand on the religion board as ahmed indicated that no matter what I did he would repost it when I'm not around.  This begs the question: why is ahmed logging his posts offline?  This isn't the first time one of his offensive posts have been deleted only to be instantly reposted.  He knows exactly what he's doing and how offensive the content is.

I stand by what I did and what I said and I'd rather be demodded and my Getbig account banned then retract a word of it.  There are fews things that make my blood boil, but defending something like this is one of them.  Had they simply agreed that it wasn't the best choice for a man to have sex with a small child we could have moved forward and I would've respected them for it.  I even indicated that the act is completely forgivable, but nope they choose to defend to the end.....so be it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 06:21:57 AM »
I wonder when the christians were raping and killing women were asking them if they were 9 years old.

More Murder Rape and Pillage   (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead  (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children.  "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin."  Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

Rape of Female Captives   (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house.  But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb.  After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife.  However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

I'll be happy to discuss OT verses a little bit later....right now I'm a bit fried so you'll have to forgive me.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 07:15:43 AM »
Jesus is God. God impregnated a young, teenage girl (according to this information). Therefore, Jesus impregnated a young, teenage girl.

Are you Mormon, syntax?  I've read that Mormons believe that God had physical sex with Mary.    The bible doesn't indicate that.  The Holy Spirit does not have a physical body.
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 07:29:41 AM »

20 years ago, an Ipad.

R