Author Topic: Rand Paul is a piece of shit  (Read 5132 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Rand Paul is a piece of shit
« on: April 24, 2013, 03:59:30 PM »
“your rights to trial by jury are precious, that no American should be killed by a drone on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court”

and

“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and $50 in cash I don’t care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him.”

keep in mind when he was doing his little political stunt a month or so ago I said that I didn't think he believed a single word of what he was saying

Now I know that to be a fact

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Rand Paul is a piece of shit
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 04:02:43 PM »
"I've never argued against any technology being used when you an imminent threat, an active crime going on. If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash, I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him. But it's different if they want to come fly over your hot tub, or your yard just because they want to do surveillance on everyone, and they want to watch your activities."

Not that I agree, but you have to understand the context. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 04:08:03 PM »
"I've never argued against any technology being used when you an imminent threat, an active crime going on. If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash, I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him. But it's different if they want to come fly over your hot tub, or your yard just because they want to do surveillance on everyone, and they want to watch your activities."

keep in mind that Rand Paul was trying to pretend that the government might try to use drones against political protesters or people sitting in cafes and other complete absurd situations

also, what happened to "no American should be killed by a drone on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court

he goes from that statement to saying if you just stole $50 bucks it's OK with him to be killed by a drone?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 04:14:46 PM »
Man, I can't keep up with how many different opinions RP has on drones

Last month it was

“your rights to trial by jury are precious, that no American should be killed by a drone on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court”

yesterday it was

“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and $50 in cash I don’t care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him.”

today it's

"Let me be clear: It has not. Armed drones should not be used in normal crime situations. They may only be considered in extraordinary, lethal situations where there is an ongoing, imminent threat. I described that scenario previously during my Senate filibuster.

"Additionally, surveillance drones should only be used with warrants and specific targets.

"Fighting terrorism and capturing terrorists must be done while preserving our constitutional protections. This was demonstrated last week in Boston. As we all seek to prevent future tragedies, we must continue to bear this in mind."

so now just 24 hours later he doesn't think drones should be used to kill someone who steals $50

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:42:38 PM »
He's a politician, ...that's all you need to know.
w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »
His positions are 'evolving'.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 06:21:44 PM »
also, what happened to "no American should be killed by a drone on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court

That's still his stance, the quote was in regard to an imminent threat.  The same kind of situation in which a cop would legally and rightfully use lethal force.

I don't think he's actually endorsing using drones in that situation. He didn't contradict himself, he's referring to an imminent threat.  I think he just wanted to illustrate his point, and his main concern.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 06:23:11 PM »
keep in mind that Rand Paul was trying to pretend that the government might try to use drones against political protesters or people sitting in cafes and other complete absurd situations

he goes from that statement to saying if you just stole $50 bucks it's OK with him to be killed by a drone?

LOL!!!!!  Meanwhile - the piece of shit and muslim communist terrorist sympathiser OTWINK does what?

Senate hearing blasts Obama's refusal to share details of drone program
 McClatchy Newspapers ^ | April 24, 2013 | Jonathan S. Landay

Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:47:45 PM by haffast

WASHINGTON -- Democratic and Republican senators joined a former deputy chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on Tuesday in urging the Obama administration to make public more information about its top-secret targeted killing program amid questions about the legality and effectiveness of hundreds of CIA drone strikes in Pakistan and elsewhere.

"More transparency is needed to maintain the support of the American people and the international community" for drone strikes, said Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., a key Obama ally and the chairman of the Constitution subcommittee of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The White House refused to send a witness to the Senate's first open hearing on the issue despite President Barack Obama's vow to be more forthcoming about a counterterrorism weapon that has become a despised symbol of U.S. foreign policy in many parts of the world.

"I am disappointed that the administration declined to provide witnesses to testify at today's hearing," Durbin said. His frustration was echoed by several other Democrats and Republicans.

snip

Rosa Brooks, a Georgetown University Law Center professor who served as a Pentagon adviser during the height of the drone strikes, questioned the legality of drone strikes away from active battlefields, saying that the targeted killing policy "is on the verge of doing significant damage to the rule of law."

snip

(Excerpt) Read more at stripes.com ...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 06:27:17 PM »
LOL!!!!!  Meanwhile - the piece of shit and muslim communist terrorist sympathiser OTWINK does what?

WASHINGTON -- Democratic and Republican senators joined a former deputy chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on Tuesday in urging the Obama administration to make public more information about its top-secret targeted killing program amid questions about the legality and effectiveness of hundreds of CIA drone strikes in Pakistan and elsewhere.

"More transparency is needed to maintain the support of the American people and the international community" for drone strikes, said Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., a key Obama ally and the chairman of the Constitution subcommittee of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The White House refused to send a witness to the Senate's first open hearing on the issue despite President Barack Obama's vow to be more forthcoming about a counterterrorism weapon that has become a despised symbol of U.S. foreign policy in many parts of the world.

"I am disappointed that the administration declined to provide witnesses to testify at today's hearing," Durbin said. His frustration was echoed by several other Democrats and Republicans.

snip

Rosa Brooks, a Georgetown University Law Center professor who served as a Pentagon adviser during the height of the drone strikes, questioned the legality of drone strikes away from active battlefields, saying that the targeted killing policy "is on the verge of doing significant damage to the rule of law."

snip

what does this have to do with Rand Pauls statements

start your own thread if you want to piss and moan about Obama

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 06:28:57 PM »

snip

snip

it wouldn't be very top secret than, would it  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »
he wants to be president.  If he said "No, i would not yse drones on boston bad guys", he's soft on terror.

he wants the job, he's not giving his 2016 GOP contenders a line to use against him.  They would, and FOX and levin and others would repeat it.  Remember them trashing ronpaul because he wasn't sporting a boner to invade iran?  Soft on terror, they called him.  Rand isn't gonna give them the material to falsely use against him.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 12:03:24 PM »
and

keep in mind when he was doing his little political stunt a month or so ago I said that I didn't think he believed a single word of what he was saying

Now I know that to be a fact

Wait, you get pissed at this but not anyone including Obama on the left? Hypocrisy anyone?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 12:28:44 PM »
I'm not pissed at rand paul for this.  I know what he's believed his entire life.  Then I know what I saw in 2012... levin & Hannity completely DESTROYED Ron Paul because he refused to take all the war pledges with everyone else.  It was some test, if you didn't promise to nuke Iran, you were somehow soft on terror...

If he refuses to say he would use drones on these terrorists (opting only for bullets and grenades), then these talking heads would call him soft on terrorists. They would. I heard it for weeks on fox radio, every single night.  Not for Rand.  He's smarter than that.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 12:45:51 PM »
I'm not pissed at rand paul for this.  I know what he's believed his entire life.  Then I know what I saw in 2012... levin & Hannity completely DESTROYED Ron Paul because he refused to take all the war pledges with everyone else.  It was some test, if you didn't promise to nuke Iran, you were somehow soft on terror...

If he refuses to say he would use drones on these terrorists (opting only for bullets and grenades), then these talking heads would call him soft on terrorists. They would. I heard it for weeks on fox radio, every single night.  Not for Rand.  He's smarter than that.

Good point, people like Straw Man aren't voting for him anyway and that's where Ron Paul fucked up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 01:18:37 PM »
Good point, people like Straw Man aren't voting for him anyway and that's where Ron Paul fucked up.

NO candidate will say "um, i wouldn't use drones to kill these terrorists."  RPaul can only LOSE by saynig this.

They sandbagged his dad with it.  They were pieces of shit about it... really "why is RP so soft on terror?", etc.  Just looking for an excuse to mock him, "ruPaul fans", as Levin phrased it.

Ron paul was too honest.  HIs son knows his own side will play word games to sink him because he won't pledge to everything like some of the wimps running. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »

he'll never be on a national ticket

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 01:43:12 PM »
he'll never be on a national ticket

You will go from an obamadrone to a hillarydrone like nothing happened

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »

this is the same fundy liberal always ranting and raving that obama is being taken out of context

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »
Rand 2016!!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 07:16:36 PM »

You will go from an obamadrone to a hillarydrone like nothing happened
this fundy liberal is a pelosidrone

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 07:18:38 PM »
Rand 2016!!!!!

The more I learn about him, the more I like him.  He's gonna have some issues, but overall I think he's more good than bad.

Gonna have to be careful though, as you can see the tards will grab any stupid thing and make it sound like it's the worst thing in the world. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 07:52:10 PM »
Rand 2016!!!!!

I think Rand might have a shot, most of us that usually disagree can agree on him.  Hope he can get the religious people and the neocons on board.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 08:29:29 PM »
LOL @ all the right wing dipshits having a circle jerk over Rand Paul

I'm sure he will do so much better than his nutbag father

I'll take bets from anyone who wants to actually put some money on Rand Paul being on the ticket in 2016

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »
I'll take bets from anyone who wants to actually put some money on Rand Paul being on the ticket in 2016

Sometimes I completely agree with your posts, yet other times I think you're a fucking retarded cry baby.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 08:40:23 PM »
Sometimes I completely agree with your posts, yet other times I think you're a fucking retarded cry baby.

so I assume by that response that you don't have the balls to put up some money