Author Topic: Saying "Good Morning" is Strange?  (Read 5448 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Saying "Good Morning" is Strange?
« on: April 26, 2013, 01:13:41 PM »
No one says it anymore, and when you do, people look at you strange.
I said it this morning, and people had a confused look on their face...

I also notice that, in the office, saying it to the 35 and under females, they will not speak...but if you don't say a word, then they will be the ones to initiate the "Good morning"...
You know, I was raised, that you speak when spoken to...

Strange how manners, and being "happy" has all but disappeared in today's world...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Saying "Good Morning" is Strange?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 01:14:43 PM »

I also notice that, in the office, saying it to the 35 and under females, they will not speak...but if you don't say a word, then they will be the ones to initiate the "Good morning"...

Strange how manners, and being "happy" has all but disappeared in today's world...

x2

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »
getbiggers wake up and ask the two to three "10s" in their bed two things...

1) What are your names?

2) Where is my breakfast?

Then we get some skull while checking getbig on the phone, enjoying the aroma as the lesser endowed "10" prepares 18 egg white omelette.  

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 01:16:53 PM »

Not easy to be happy after the Boston Bombings...

Hopefully people will be happy again next month

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 01:25:20 PM »
Not easy to be happy after the Boston Bombings...

Hopefully people will be happy again next month
no, this is something that I've noticed in the last 5-6 yrs. it's ongoing...
If you are chipper or you just having a good day, people think that something is wrong with you...

As a matter of fact, another thing is, people don't say "Thank You" if you open a door for them, or hold the elevator door for them---they assume that they have a "right"...

Also, people who complain about their jobs---to out complain others about their jobs...when they all are making good money, and are working in a bad economy.

And the weed head who complains that either he can't find a job (which will allow him to smoke all day) or that his main job is smoking all day, and complains about society's requirement that one works a job, yet always complains that he has no money due to rich folks...
(Yes, figure that one out)

Ain't none of those examples above are thankful.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 01:26:24 PM »
i say hello to everyone in my office building

most of them look surprised
T

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »
i say hello to everyone in my office building

most of them look surprised
there is this elderly lady at work, who is always happy...and she always says good morning with a smile on her face. She makes me happy just talking to her...she could have whatever illness in the world, and you wouldn't know it, but she no "doom and gloom", even when it rains in the morning, or snow, whatever...
It's a consistent pattern of cheer with her. And it makes one smile.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 01:32:02 PM »

it's work. what do you expect, no one wants to go to work. are you saying it to people you know or just random people are the office? i'd imagine i'd be a bit confused too if some dude i've never seen before greeted me.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »
I'd like to start a national "ban small talk" movement. I'm considering getting a T shirt that says "You don't care how I'm doing and I really don't care how you're doing so let's just skip that part and get down to business"

It would shock the hell out of someone if I actually started to tell them how I'm doing. Meaningless chit chat in the morning .. I don't get it. And I worked evenings for 10 yrs and we didn't come into work telling each other "Good Evening " all night long when we pass someone so why is morning so special?

;D   

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 01:45:48 PM »
Why is good evening a hello and good night a goodbye?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 01:53:08 PM »
it's work. what do you expect, no one wants to go to work. are you saying it to people you know or just random people are the office? i'd imagine i'd be a bit confused too if some dude i've never seen before greeted me.
yeah, I know in a economy where many dont have a job, many dont want to work, and I am being serious (do you know how many people are on Social Security Disability, who just have "Depression" or just like to smoke weed? Tons)

It's a greeting, just say "hey" or "good morning" and keep it moving...

I knew a woman who was a cancer survivor, but everyday was doom and gloom. If you said it was nice out, she would retort "yeah but the sun is out, and you can get skin cancer." I'm serious she was like the Grumpy Carebear come to life...If a person bought a new car, she would say, "now you have car  payments for the next 5 yrs."

And if a random person said good morning to you on the street, you'd be "confused"? Damn, that is sad.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 02:03:49 PM »
Some reason, I never liked the good morning phrase it takes me awhile to wake up, so hearing any voice with in a hour no matter what irritates me anyone the same?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 02:24:01 PM »
BB related G&O approved
R

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »
Some reason, I never liked the good morning phrase it takes me awhile to wake up, so hearing any voice with in a hour no matter what irritates me anyone the same?
if you drink that good coffee, you'd be set...

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 03:11:44 PM »
I get the same reaction. I always like to smile and say good morning or another greeting term when i see people at work or elsewhere. The thing that gets me is people at work that i see almost daily are the worst recipients of such greetings.

They either give me a dirty look, or say nothing.

I guess people are really miserable, or they grew up in an environment where everyday life was watching over your back trying to navigate through a sea of degenerates.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 03:21:53 PM »
i never said, "Good morning."

I just say something like, "Hi, how are you" or something.
X

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 03:27:26 PM »
yeah, I know in a economy where many dont have a job, many dont want to work, and I am being serious (do you know how many people are on Social Security Disability, who just have "Depression" or just like to smoke weed? Tons)

It's a greeting, just say "hey" or "good morning" and keep it moving...

I knew a woman who was a cancer survivor, but everyday was doom and gloom. If you said it was nice out, she would retort "yeah but the sun is out, and you can get skin cancer." I'm serious she was like the Grumpy Carebear come to life...If a person bought a new car, she would say, "now you have car  payments for the next 5 yrs."

And if a random person said good morning to you on the street, you'd be "confused"? Damn, that is sad.

yeah, i'd be confused. i'm entrenched in my own thoughts, minding my own business and some stranger decides to break my train of thought with some useless pleasantry? who are you? do i know you? maybe i'm just a "negative" person but i live in a city where strangers who say shit like "good morning" or "how are you" usually follow it up with "blah blah down on my luck insert X life story please give me money so i can buy crack". no one cares about that shit anymore. it's quaint.

I'd like to start a national "ban small talk" movement. I'm considering getting a T shirt that says "You don't care how I'm doing and I really don't care how you're doing so let's just skip that part and get down to business"

It would shock the hell out of someone if I actually started to tell them how I'm doing. Meaningless chit chat in the morning .. I don't get it. And I worked evenings for 10 yrs and we didn't come into work telling each other "Good Evening " all night long when we pass someone so why is morning so special?

;D    

for real. a simple "hi" or even a nod of acknowledgement is more than enough.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 03:30:29 PM »
i never said, "Good morning."

I just say something like, "Hi, how are you" or something.
yeah, or even saying that, people are still "  :-\ "

It's like what dude said above, like they are just miserable and misery loves company.

Deadpan, some people even look at one weird for saying a simple "hi" or a nod.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 03:33:55 PM »

its an east coast thing the rest of the country understands politeness and courteousness

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 03:35:52 PM »
its an east coast thing the rest of the control understands politeness and courteousness

I guess it's one thing if someone is sincere, but the obligatory small talk when you KNOW the person could care less if you responded or not is just a waste of time.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 03:36:38 PM »
I ain't got shit to say to anybody. Ever.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 03:51:30 PM »
Acknowledge people with "good to see you", and watch what happens.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 03:53:48 PM »
yeah, or even saying that, people are still "  :-\ "

It's like what dude said above, like they are just miserable and misery loves company.

Deadpan, some people even look at one weird for saying a simple "hi" or a nod.
Exactly. A nod is best so no response is required.

the trainer

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 04:03:39 PM »
I walk around with a pissed off look on my face and i tell people to get the fuck out of my way. People consider this to be   normal.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 04:21:13 PM »
I've said good morning to several people at work and the response I get is ....What's so good about it?

Makes you think....