Author Topic: 20,000 Applicants to Colonize Mars. Would You?  (Read 3940 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
20,000 Applicants to Colonize Mars. Would You?
« on: April 29, 2013, 12:03:42 PM »
Would you apply, to be a permanent colonist of Mars? Even if they have no gyms, no POF, no 7/11s, and people without willpower?
http://io9.com/20-000-people-have-already-applied-for-the-one-way-miss-484213787

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: 20,000 Applicants to Colonize Mars. Would You?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:05:36 PM »
mars is a great get bigger

most here would be honoured to be in his colon
T

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »
Only if I could have one of the moons for my self. Where I can test out my ideas.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 12:11:27 PM »
If they sent me up with Zuzanna, I would go.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 12:12:31 PM »
Give them a few decades and we'll probably be at war with them.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 12:15:54 PM »
Mars Colony Declaration of Independence.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 12:16:14 PM »

Only if they adopt a new religion.  But everyone allowed to Mars must be agnostic.  No bullshit religion.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 12:17:04 PM »

:D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 12:22:27 PM »
Only if they adopt a new religion.  But everyone allowed to Mars must be agnostic.  No bullshit religion.
remember, we're dealing with humans here. Humans willing to make permanent residence on another planet. They will eventually start up a new Martian religion.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 12:29:09 PM »
Yes, i would apply to be one of the colonists of Mars, just to get away from all the Muslims and Blacks and the society of today, girls and sons and generation nothingness.

Even if they didn't have gyms, McDonalds or similar

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 12:30:48 PM »
Yes, i would apply to be one of the colonists of Mars, just to get away from all the Muslims and Blacks and the society of today, girls and sons and generation nothingness.

Yes, a colony of all whites would be peaceful  ::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »
Would you apply, to be a permanent colonist of Mars? Even if they have no gyms, no POF, no 7/11s, and people without willpower?
http://io9.com/20-000-people-have-already-applied-for-the-one-way-miss-484213787
will never happen, you cn not make an atmosphere that can hold living beings, there are to many variable (millions) for it to work. Here on Earth everything is precise fine tuned to a finite number

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 12:36:53 PM »

I'm in!!

Only a matter of time before the powers that be force us to live among der untermensch on Mars...  :P

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 12:43:14 PM »
will never happen, you cn not make an atmosphere that can hold living beings, there are to many variable (millions) for it to work. Here on Earth everything is precise fine tuned to a finite number

I think they could be able to eventually terraform the planet.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 12:43:47 PM »
Yes, just because they're born there they'll think they have a right to rule themselves and not owe us their taxes  ::)

and they 'll try to turn it into a real life Elysium...
But somehow I think, that either there is no way to grow anything on the surface, possibly in the interior.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 12:45:43 PM »

No way!

and...

mars is a great get bigger

most here would be honoured to be in his colon

lol

"1"

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 12:50:31 PM »
they're not really "colonizing" it though, are they? that would imply some degree of self sufficiency which will never happen on mars, it's nothing but dead lifeless rock everywhere. they'd be completely dependent on us.

not to mention on such a small planet you'll probably lose bone density and muscle mass extremely fast and turn into some emaciated auschwitz survivor looking person due to lack of gravity. and no, working out doesn't help enough to reverse it. i was reading this article about how astronauts coming back from the space station sometimes couldn't even walk and needed rehab, despite their training equipment. they were even thinking of giving them HGH to help stop the deterioration.

you do realize we would need like, ALL of the resources on this planet and every country working together to do that, right? it's not at simple as sending a bunch of untrained petition signers over there with some barrels of hydrogen. hell, even that would be insanely expensive.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 12:53:39 PM »
they're not really "colonizing" it though, are they? that would imply some degree of self sufficiency which will never happen on mars, it's nothing but dead lifeless rock everywhere. they'd be completely dependent on us.

not to mention on such a small planet you'll probably lose bone density and muscle mass extremely fast and turn into some emaciated auschwitz survivor looking person due to lack of gravity. and no, working out doesn't help enough to reverse it. i was reading this article about how astronauts coming back from the space station sometimes couldn't even walk and needed rehab, despite their training equipment. they were even thinking of giving them HGH to help stop the deterioration.

you do realize we would need like, ALL of the resources on this planet and every country working together to do that, right? it's not at simple as sending a bunch of untrained petition signers over there with some barrels of hydrogen. hell, even that would be insanely expensive.

I know its wishful thinking with current technology, but it's theoretically possible isn't it?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 12:59:02 PM »
we would all like to think so but we have no power over the Cosmos, we can not even control weather on earth.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 01:04:37 PM »
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 01:07:02 PM »

Could you imagine aliens landing on earth discovering blacks and head straight back to their planet.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 01:09:09 PM »
Could you imagine aliens landing on earth discovering blacks and head straight back to their planet.

Haha yes, the premise of a good sci-fi Movie (with social documentary) indeed! :D

In reality though, if we would to encounter real intelligent aliens (with spacefaring technology etc) that we competed with for colonization, we could just plant a few blacks from peachtrees on each and every planet in the system to get rid of the alien competition.

As soon as the Aliens would have landed on that new planet/prospect, they would leave the minute they saw the blacks.

Good method of keeping aliens away!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 01:10:24 PM »
Well, check for Barney and Betty Hill Alien Abduction...
She was chatting the aliens up as she was being examined, and he, an immigrant from Kenya was screaming his head off, due to being probed in various places...

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 01:11:10 PM »
I know its wishful thinking with current technology, but it's theoretically possible isn't it?

theoretically yes but afaik we don't have the technology or resources to do it yet. we're only really just starting to launch shit into space and it's still a massive economic burden for us.

plus with the way the world economy is going right now, i don't think it will be on anyone's priority list for some time. then again space exploration is sort of starting to hit the private sector now (like that redbull guy), so who knows what some rich dudes might spend their money on?

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 01:14:37 PM »
Haha yes, the premise of a good sci-fi Movie (with social documentary) indeed! :D

In reality though, if we would to encounter real intelligent aliens (with spacefaring technology etc) that we competed with for colonization, we could just plant a few blacks from peachtrees on each and every planet in the system to get rid of the alien competition.

As soon as the Aliens would have landed on that new planet/prospect, they would leave the minute they saw the blacks.

Good method of keeping aliens away!

they'll probably start co-mingling with the aliens like in district 9