Author Topic: Boeing 747 Crashes in Afghanistan  (Read 11273 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Boeing 747 Crashes in Afghanistan
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 11:48:01 AM »
Flight Attendants are known Whores
Yea but I still love them most are hot and not fat asses.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 12:09:50 PM »
Crazy!!! That monster looked like it practically stalled.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 12:53:42 PM »
  I HATE FLYING!

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 02:35:49 PM »
Crazy!!! That monster looked like it practically stalled.

Tower controller's stuff of nightmares.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 02:56:32 PM »
  I HATE FLYING!
I DON'T TRUST THE 747s.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »
they can fly planes into buildings, but can take off  ??? ???

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 03:24:01 PM »
I've become rather desensitized to this kind of stuff since 911.   After seeing jet planes full of people fly into buildings on live TV on Sept 11, 2001, this kind of stuff barely phases me anymore.  Sad but true.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »
 I work in logistics for the DoD. I have three friends stationed out there, one of which who just was moved from the tent city a few hundreds yards shy of where that 747 crashed at. The civilian contractors are supposed to take the load plans we give them and assemble the load ACCORDING TO THE GIVEN LOAD PLAN. More times than some, they will tell us to fuck off and they will load the aircraft as they feel. You can get away with that on the 74's because the  allowable cabin load is incredibly high.

Now for a possible reason of crash...one of the first avation reports stated that the crew(during take off) mentioned something about load/cargo shift. And there were several armored vehicles on board that weigh up to 30,000lbs. If those vehicles shifted to the aft of the plane during takeoff(and those guys abuse the hell out of birds on takeoffs) then that would explain the aircraft getting stuck at nearly an 80deg angle, leaving it without enough thrust to recover.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 03:39:03 PM »
If those vehicles shifted to the aft of the plane during takeoff(and those guys abuse the hell out of birds on takeoffs) then that would explain the aircraft getting stuck at nearly an 80deg angle, leaving it without enough thrust to recover.

Shifting weight wouldn't affect thrust, but it would change angle of attack of the aircraft, affecting lift.    The loadmaster is the person responsible for securing the cargo.  I wonder what the hell happened causing the load to shift, assuming that's the actual cause of the accident.  

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 03:44:16 PM »
Shifting weight wouldn't affect thrust, but it would change angle of attack of the aircraft, effecting lift.    The loadmaster is the person responsible for securing the cargo.  I wonder what the hell happened causing the load to shift, assuming that's the actual cause of the accident.  

Even watching the video this seems like the most plausible reason for this. Those cargo pilots aren't rookies. This is a straight up accident, most likely of human error outside of the cockpit. When I was watching it the first time all I could think was "holy crap I haven't seen a 747 that nose up EVER". And right off of take off? Jeez, disaster. You can see the thing stall. That low? Good night. Even before the plane started the final descent I'm sure the pilots knew they were done.

Reminds me of this video of a B-52 crash in 1994:

Complete and utterly the pilot's fault, just similar looking. In better quality versions of this you can see the co-pilot eject, but the poor guy LANDS in the fireball. Before they crashed the co-pilot was recorded as saying "You've killed us you asshole." Video is 2:47 long, but the crash happens around the 1:30 mark.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 03:53:24 PM »
Even watching the video this seems like the most plausible reason for this. Those cargo pilots aren't rookies. This is a straight up accident, most likely of human error outside of the cockpit. When I was watching it the first time all I could think was "holy crap I haven't seen a 747 that nose up EVER". And right off of take off? Jeez, disaster. You can see the thing stall. That low? Good night. Even before the plane started the final descent I'm sure the pilots knew they were done.

Reminds me of this video of a B052 crash in 1994:

Complete and utterly the pilot's fault, just similar looking. In better quality versions of this you can see the co-pilot eject, but the poor guy LANDS in the fireball. Before they crashed the co-pilot was recorded as saying "You've killed us you asshole." Video is 2:47 long, but the crash happens around the 1:30 mark.
Imagine that feeling, the few secs before you hit...you know that there is NO CHANCE for survival.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »
 Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2013, 04:03:43 PM »
Shifting weight wouldn't affect thrust, but it would change angle of attack of the aircraft, effecting lift.    The loadmaster is the person responsible for securing the cargo.  I wonder what the hell happened causing the load to shift, assuming that's the actual cause of the accident. 

As you already know we'll have to wait for the investigation to truly tell what happened...But just look at this pic. It isn't a pic of the actual load, but another one similar. AMC owned aircraft(95% of AF cargo planes) use chains and devices to secure cargo requiring more than 10,000lbs of lateral, vertical, fwd, and aft restraint. The commercial guys use borderline truck straps. :-\

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2013, 04:09:31 PM »
Crash and burn, man...that thing just stopped in mid-air
http://jalopnik.com/deadly-afghan-plane-crash-caught-by-dash-cam-in-this-ho-485974117

Complete stall and the nose was up....prob the cargo shifted to the back during takeoff
A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2013, 04:14:06 PM »
  Damn

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »
maybe they should start flying the airbus A380 cargo version instead now.....the best Airplane on the Block

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2013, 04:56:03 PM »
maybe they should start flying the airbus A380 cargo version instead now.....the best Airplane on the Block

...and how many runways in the world can handle it? Cargo planes go all over the place. The A380 is doing fairly specific routes, hence why the airports it was planning to operate at had to re-do runways or build new ones.

There are reasons why this "best" plane aren't more prevalent, even excluding the price tag. Even in the world of air traffic you have to apply additional separation between it and other aircraft due to the amount of wake turbulence the thing puts off.

It is still stupidly cool to see a plane that obnoxiously large though.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2013, 05:00:56 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/nov/05/qantas-engine-failure-airliner-safety

Rolls Royce made those engines and they made modification and corrected those Problems.....several A380 were Grounded when these cases started coming up about these engines Crapping out in mid-flight....well, that chart shows the 737 and MD80 killed more people than anyone else

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2013, 05:04:58 PM »
  Good info guys   thanks

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2013, 05:30:07 PM »
Ima take a wild guess and say no survivors

Sadly no survivors  :'(

I'd like to see Emergency eject seats
Special fire retardant clothing
and crash proof safety seats like in F1

Could have been life savers.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2013, 05:53:37 PM »

...and how many runways in the world can handle it? Cargo planes go all over the place. The A380 is doing fairly specific routes, hence why the airports it was planning to operate at had to re-do runways or build new ones.

There are reasons why this "best" plane aren't more prevalent, even excluding the price tag. Even in the world of air traffic you have to apply additional separation between it and other aircraft due to the amount of wake turbulence the thing puts off.

It is still stupidly cool to see a plane that obnoxiously large though.

Most customers of these A380s are not US based, Obviously.....Singapore, lufthansa and Quatas now owns the most of these A380s with more orders on the way......I've seen one of these A380 landing last december at Dulles Airport in Virginia and that's a Huge motherfckng airplane. the cheer size gives me the chills......Dulles has a runway that's 3 miles long. that's more than enough for these wide body Jets, but I agree that most airport in the US don't have enough space to accomodate A380s....JFK airport has a special terminal for this Airbus, San francisco airport Miami international. just to name a few

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2013, 05:55:49 PM »
Ugh I couldn't imagine what it would of been like on that plane

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2013, 06:29:07 PM »
I've become rather desensitized to this kind of stuff since 911.   After seeing jet planes full of people fly into buildings on live TV on Sept 11, 2001, this kind of stuff barely phases me anymore.  Sad but true.

STFU. "Desensitized"? This shit is like watching a movie, and devoid of people dying, i'd say it's pretty damn fucking cool to watch.

Now go watch the plethora of GORE found on the internet, and tell me if you'll ever "desensitize".

What a douche you are.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2013, 06:49:33 PM »
this was a still Photo taking from that B-52 Bomber that crashed from the video above......they said the Pilot was a jerk and a reckless man who had violated several safety guidelines and was never punished. unfortunately, he took 3 lives with him that day