Author Topic: What's the deal with Russia Today?  (Read 636 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
What's the deal with Russia Today?
« on: April 30, 2013, 07:29:59 PM »
RT, also known as Russia Today, is an international multilingual Russian-based television network. It is registered as an autonomous non-profit organization[2][3] funded by the federal budget of Russia

After the 2005 announcement the station would be launched, the U.S. government-owned Voice of America (VOA)[101] interviewed Anton Nosik, chief editor of MosNews.com, who said the creation of Russia Today "smacks of Soviet-style propaganda campaigns."

???

They do articles like this that our media would never do:

Poor Italy…! Same people running same show

After learning that Enrico Letta is Italy’s new prime minister, I offer my sympathies to Italians. To say the usual suspects are back is to underline the plight of the Italian people as they are made poorer by the politicians who run their country.

In the game of Italian prime ministers: the Trilateral Commission’s European Chairman Mario Monti is out; and Trilateral Commission Member Enrico Letta is in. Long live the Trilateral Commission!  

It seems that there is just nothing any country in the West can do to free itself from the shackles of the Global Power Masters and their Megabankers.  

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: What's the deal with Russia Today?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »
Kremlin-funded and people act like it's a legitimate news source. Meanwhile, at the same time they criticize US media. RT is as shitty as anything we've got over here.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 07:49:24 PM »
Alex Jones get's to rant on RT almost daily.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:59:38 PM »
I'm glad to see a major news organization mentioning stuff that our media absulutly doesn't touch, like the trilateral commission.

Not that the producers of RT are heros or somethings, I understand their motivation too...

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 05:28:57 AM »
RT conforms to the usual pattern of state-run media: point out all the other governments' inequities -- especially your rivals' -- and virtually ignore fundamental, homegrown problems. Since the Western media does the same thing, I suppose we can still learn a thing or two about our own governments' behavior from RT as long as we understand its function as a propaganda organ that will always take a rather specific view of things.