Author Topic: Fundy liberal "storms out" after Senator says to address the real issue  (Read 2712 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
http://news.yahoo.com/daughter-newtown-victim-confronts-gop-senator-voting-against-012821787.html

video in the link.

"During a town hall event in Warren, N.H. on Tuesday, the daughter of slain Sandy Hook Elementary School principal Dawn Hochsprung went after Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) for voting against expanding background checks on all firearms sales.

"You had mentioned that day the burden on owners of gun stores that the expanded background checks would cause," Erica Lafferty said during the town hall. "I am just wondering why the burden of my mother being gunned down in the halls of her elementary school isn't more important than that."

Obviously she is grief stricken b/c no rational person would bring up sandy hook in an attempt to push background checks...OH WAIT!!!!!!!

"Erica, certainly let me just say that I'm obviously so sorry, and as everyone here no matter what our views are, for what you have been through," Ayotte replied, later adding that she wants to prevent that kind of mass shooting from ever occurring again.

The GOP senator went on to say that the Sandy Hook tragedy didn't happen because of a flawed "background check system." She stressed the importance of addressing mental health concerns moving forward.

Ayotte also offered to speak additionally with Lafferty and said she respected her differing viewpoint on background checks.

Lafferty ultimately stormed out of the room after the interaction, according to NBC News, because she "had had enough."

She didnt like the answer of addressing the actual root problem so she stormed out

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
sad how brainwashed these people are

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
pretty fucking pathetic to refer to the daughter of the principal that was gunned down at Sandy Hook as "fundie liberal"

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
pretty fucking pathetic to refer to the daughter of the principal that was gunned down at Sandy Hook as "fundie liberal"

Not at all. She acted like a petulant child. People die every day. Why is her mother's death so important? Because people like you and her want to politicize it, that's why.

Funny that you act like you have a moral compass now. Twat.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Not at all. She acted like a petulant child. People die every day. Why is her mother's death so important?

About as funny as you re-'branding' yourself as Getbig's Bill Kristol.

Fury

• Getbig V
About as funny as you re-'branding' yourself as Getbig's Bill Kristol.

Re-branding myself? Ha, that's funny.

I fail to see how I'm a neo-con considering I advocate withdrawing completely from the UN and giving a giant middle finger to all foreign recipients of my taxpayer largess. Kristol is also anti-Ron Paul while I voted libertarian (albeit for Gary Johnson) in the election.

Conclusion reached: You're a moron. Ironic that I used to have the opposite opinion of you. Oh well. Certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Not at all. She acted like a petulant child. People die every day. Why is her mother's death so important? Because people like you and her want to politicize it, that's why.

Stalking me again Fairy

Was I talking to you?

If you looked at the video you would see she acted NOTHING like a petulant child.  It seems you don't even know what that term means

Now, why do you get back to your deep fry station and let Tony answer the question

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Not at all. She acted like a petulant child. People die every day.

Definitely pathetic. Just highlights McTones' strange habit of latching onto a word and repeating it into the ground with no consideration of the word's actual meaning.

Why is her mother's death so important? Because people like you and her want to politicize it, that's why.Funny that you act like you have a moral compass now. Twat.
People aren't slaughtered in schoolhouse massacres everyday. Twat.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Definitely pathetic. Just highlights McTones' strange habit of latching onto a word and repeating it into the ground with no consideration of the word's actual meaning.
People aren't slaughtered in schoolhouse massacres everyday. Twat.

that's exactly what I was wondering

somehow he understands that "fundie" is commonly used as a pejorative so he just decided to tack it on to the word liberal

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No law would have prevented Sandy Hook shooting other than a total ban, which is not going to happen. 

This woman is brainwashed in thinking her loved one would be alive but for the absence of a law. 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re-branding myself? Ha, that's funny.

I fail to see how I'm a neo-con considering I advocate withdrawing completely from the UN and giving a giant middle finger to all foreign recipients of my taxpayer largess. Kristol is also anti-Ron Paul while I voted libertarian (albeit for Gary Johnson) in the election.

Conclusion reached: You're a moron. Ironic that I used to have the opposite opinion of you. Oh well. Certainly won't lose any sleep over it.
Be a mensch. And edit yourself for length. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
that's exactly what I was wondering

somehow he understands that "fundie" is commonly used as a pejorative so he just decided to tack it on to the word liberal

He's been using this term  for a while and each time makes less and less sense. If she is testifying based on a personal experience, how is she a "fundie"? That's essentially the opposite of fundie.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
No law would have prevented Sandy Hook shooting other than a total ban, which is not going to happen. 

This woman is brainwashed in thinking her loved one would be alive but for the absence of a law. 

I was wondering how soon someone would bring up that irrelevant point

In fact there could be laws that could have mitigated the damage and death toll (ban on high capacity magazines for example or even much more stringent requirements) but that not the point of background checks.   Background checks are a starting point and to suggest that the starting point would not have prevented this tragedy therefore we should do nothing is an argument that only works on morons

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I was wondering how soon someone would bring up that irrelevant point

In fact there could be laws that could have mitigated the damage and death toll (ban on high capacity magazines for example or even much more stringent requirements) but that not the point of background checks.   Background checks are a starting point and to suggest that the starting point would not have prevented this tragedy therefore we should do nothing is an argument that only works on morons

so why propose laws that would not have done anything about the reason for the proposal in the first place?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
so why propose laws that would not have done anything about the reason for the proposal in the first place?

you're too dumb to try to engage in conversation on this topic

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-at-least-8-wounded-in-separate-shootings-on-the-south-north-side-20130430,0,4341847.story

dduuhhooooo!!!!!

17 shot last night in Chicago - PASS MORE LAWS!!!

obviously the existing gun laws aren't preventing gun violence so what's the point of having any law at all

right

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
obviously the existing gun laws aren't preventing gun violence so what's the point of having any law at all

right

So tell me what law Chicago can pass to prevent this? 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

How can you read his response, ask this question and then post the article you posted, but still somehow manage not to put those three things together? Even if you don't agree, how can you be so dissociative  with three consecutive posts?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So tell me what law Chicago can pass to prevent this? 

we've been over this many time

I don't have time this morning to entertain your willful (or actual) stupidity

btw - don't even bother responding back with some version of the false argument that if we can't prevent 100% of the problem then we shouldn't bother to do anything

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/The-312/July-2012/Where-Do-Chicagos-Guns-Come-From/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
How can you read his response, ask this question and then post the article you posted, but still somehow manage not to put those three things together? Even if you don't agree, how can you be so dissociative  with three consecutive posts?

Not all of us agree that there is a problem requiring a new law on top of the tens of thousands in existence now.  

Fury

• Getbig V
Be a mensch. And edit yourself for length.  

Great rebuttal from one of Getbig's self-styled "intellectuals". Whatever would we do without genius quips like that one above?

Stalking me again Fairy

Was I talking to you?

If you looked at the video you would see she acted NOTHING like a petulant child.  It seems you don't even know what that term means

Now, why do you get back to your deep fry station and let Tony answer the question

If you're looking for a response from a specific person then feel free to PM them.

Stick to sniffing 333's ass, stalker.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
we've been over this many time

I don't have time this morning to entertain your willful (or actual) stupidity

btw - don't even bother responding back with some version of the false argument that if we can't prevent 100% of the problem then we shouldn't bother to do anything

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/The-312/July-2012/Where-Do-Chicagos-Guns-Come-From/

So why are there not more crimes in those areas as well? 

Fury

• Getbig V

right

Outlawing narcotics sure has done a lot to cut down on their use.  ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Great rebuttal from one of Getbig's self-styled "intellectuals". Whatever would we do without genius quips like that one above?
Maybe take oneself less seriously? It will come. In your case, age will bring it.