Author Topic: Fundy liberal "storms out" after Senator says to address the real issue  (Read 2713 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
the "root problem as mental health" is your claim

where has this been absolutely identified as the "root problem" for the gun violence in this country

did I miss your  explanation of fundy liberal?
ahhh, so now your argument is about all gun violence then? not just the mass shootings?

how is background checks going to prevent those, the majority of which are drug related?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
ahhh, so now your argument is about all gun violence then? not just the mass shootings?

how is background checks going to prevent those, the majority of which are drug related?

when did I ever say the argument was only about mass shootings
when did I say a background check alone would prevent the majority of anything?

btw - what exactly is the problem a background check anyway

why shouldn't we check the background of ANYONE and EVERYONE

we should not only have them for all transactions we should have the annually or semi annually

Did you happen to notice the terms "WELL REGULATED" in the 2nd amendment

sounds like the founders were all for a lot of regulation or at least left the door wide open for it

tonymctones

• Getbig V
when did I ever say the argument was only about mass shootings
when did I say a background check alone would prevent the majority of anything?

why shouldn't we check the background of ANYONE and EVERYONE

we should not only have them for all transactions we should have the annually or semi annually

Did you happen to notice the terms "WELL REGULATED" in the 2nd amendment

sounds like the founders were all for a lot of regulation or at least left the door wide open for it
b/c the govt will undoubtedly keep records of who owns the guns. I like 48% of america I believe that the govt could use that list to help confiscate guns in the future.

what % of guns used in violent crimes are obtained legally without a background check?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle" and a "high capacity" magazine?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
b/c the govt will undoubtedly keep records of who owns the guns. I like 48% of america I believe that the govt could use that list to help confiscate guns in the future.

what % of guns used in violent crimes are obtained legally without a background check?

I know that's one of the arguments people like to make that it will lead...down the road to "records" but I say so what

I would hope they have records otherwise what's the point and what exactly is the problem with having a record of who owns a specific firearm.   That seems like a good thing for LE to know when trying to solve a crime

we keep records of who owns cars, medical devices and all kinds of other shit so why shouldn't we keep records of who owns deadly weapons

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I know that's one of the arguments people like to make that it will lead...down the road to "records" but I say so what

I would hope they have records otherwise what's the point and what exactly is the problem with having a record of who owns a specific firearm.   That seems like a good thing for LE to know when trying to solve a crime

we keep records of who owns cars, medical devices and all kinds of other shit so why shouldn't we keep records of who owns deadly weapons
thats an argument that more americans believe in than dont believe in.......

the so what is that while we all know that you dont care if they confiscate all guns, MANY ppl do and those that do dont want to give anybody any help in doing so.

how many violent gun acts are perpetrated with guns obtained legally without background checks straw?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle" and a "high capacity" magazine?
no answer?

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Yeah, but they didn't go for a simple background check in the bill.

They tried to penalize States that didn't provide information in accordance with Administration standards.

They wanted the AG to develop the eligibility requirements.

They wanted to spend 400 million to enact changes.

They wanted to nail people for a federal offense if they didn't report a gun lost or stolen within 24 hrs.

and on.

You get the point.  If they would have stuck to something more basic, I think it may have passed.

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Yeah, but they didn't go for a simple background check in the bill.

They tried to penalize States that didn't provide information in accordance with Administration standards.

They wanted the AG to develop the eligibility requirements.

They wanted to spend 400 million to enact changes.

They wanted to nail people for a federal offense if they didn't report a gun lost or stolen within 24 hrs.

and on.

You get the point.  If they would have stuck to something more basic, I think it may have passed.

you got a source or link for any of those claims?

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Skip8282

• Getbig V
you got a source or link for any of those claims?

You can read the bill yourself and see what was in it.

I think this is the latest version.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s374#overview

The part about it being the reason for not passing is just my opinion.  BTW, it's not completely dead.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

You can read the bill yourself and see what was in it.

I think this is the latest version.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s374#overview

The part about it being the reason for not passing is just my opinion.  BTW, it's not completely dead.

Thanks, I will check it out

The reason I asked is because there seemed to be a lot of misinformation about what was in the legislation so I'm not assuming anything about it is accurate without proof

Below is just one example

Manchin also criticized the NRA, who had given him an A rating, for distorting the substance of his amendment.
“I was surprised when the latest alerts from the NRA were filled with so much misinformation about the firearms background check legislation,” he said.

Manchin said the gun-owners-rights’ group told members the bill would criminalize the private transfer of firearms.

“I don’t know how to put the words any plainer than this: that is a lie,” he said.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/294571-senate-rejects-tougher-background-checks-on-gun-purchases#ixzz2S5d5DPMF
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

tonymctones

• Getbig V
what's a fundy liberal ?

to paint with a broad brush anyone who shares your viewpoints....but then again its probably the same as your definition of fundie.

seeing as you use that word all the time as well...

now why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle" and a "high capacity" magazine?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
what's a fundy liberal ?

It's short for Fundamentalist Liberal [retarded] Douchebags.

First coined by McTones on GetBig to describe a group of incredibly moronic people for which rational, reasonable, and critical thought is absent, whilst their strict adherence to fundamental libtard principles remains in tact, the term is now widely understood to include most liberals and 'progressives'.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
to paint with a broad brush anyone who shares your viewpoints....but then again its probably the same as your definition of fundie.

seeing as you use that word all the time as well...

now why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle" and a "high capacity" magazine?

so whats the difference between a liberal and a fundie liberal

The standard definition of a "fundie" is a fundamentalist christian (you know the kind that thinks the earth if 6000 year old, and all the other nonsense).   It has nothing to do with Republican or Democrat so I'm not seeing how you're applying the word fundie to the word liberal unless you're suggesting that the certain liberals are also fundamentalist christians

tonymctones

• Getbig V

It's short for Fundamentalist Liberal [retarded] Douchebags.

First coined by McTones on GetBig to describe a group of incredibly moronic people for which rational, reasonable, and critical thought is absent, whilst their strict adherence to fundamental libtard principles remains in tact, the term is now widely understood to include most liberals and 'progressives'.
LOL like I said anybody who shares the same views as strawman

tonymctones

• Getbig V
so whats the difference between a liberal and a fundie liberal

The standard definition of a "fundie" is a fundamentalist christian (you know the kind that thinks the earth if 6000 year old, and all the other nonsense).   It has nothing to do with Republican or Democrat so I'm not seeing how you're applying the word fundie to the word liberal unless you're suggesting that the certain liberals are also fundamentalist christians
standard definition? according to whom?

so whats the difference between a fundie and a christian?

as for your question the difference between a fundy liberal and a liberal is that for liberals the ends dont justify the means. They still use logic in their thinking, someone trying to use an event to push legislation that wouldnt have prevented that event ISNT USING LOGIC

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
standard definition? according to whom?

so whats the difference between a fundie and a christian?

as for your question the difference between a fundy liberal and a liberal is that for liberals the ends dont justify the means. They still use logic in their thinking, someone trying to use an event to push legislation that wouldnt have prevented that event ISNT USING LOGIC

fundamentalist christian is not a term that I made up (I assume you know this)

you can find many different places on the web that will provide you with a definition of a fundamentalist christian and explain the difference between fundamentalist as compared to many different sects of christians

Since you actually appear to have coined the term "fundy liberal" it's perfectly reasonable to ask you to explain your own creation

so far your explanation makes no sense at all

tonymctones

• Getbig V
fundamentalist christian is not a term that I made up (I assume you know this)

you can find many different places on the web that will provide you with a definition of a fundamentalist christian and explain the difference between fundamentalist as compared to many different sects of christians

Since you actually appear to have coined the term "fundy liberal" it's perfectly reasonable to ask you to explain your own creation

so far your explanation makes no sense at all
I never said you made it up, you said fundie is standard definition for fundamentalist christian....again according to whom?

Actually you can google and do the same for fundie liberal as well...many explanitions...

so, why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle" and a "high capacity" magazine

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I never said you made it up, you said fundie is standard definition for fundamentalist christian....again according to whom?

Actually you can google and do the same for fundie liberal as well...many explanitions...

so, why should a law abiding citizen not be allowed to own an "assault rifle" and a "high capacity" magazine

it's a colloquialism and I'm sure most everyone who  sees or hears it used knows that it refers to a fundamentalist christian though I think it could be used to refer to a fundamentalist type in any religion though the reference to certain type christian is most common

why am I not surprised that you don't know this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalism

tonymctones

• Getbig V
it's a colloquialism and I'm sure most everyone who  sees or hears it used knows that it refers to a fundamentalist christian though I think it could be used to refer to a fundamentalist type in any religion though the reference to certain type christian is most common

why am I not surprised that you don't know this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalism
now take that understanding of the word fundamentalism and apply it to a liberal political ideology....LMFAO i didnt think it was that hard to understand but I guess it is......

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
now take that understanding of the word fundamentalism and apply it to a liberal political ideology....LMFAO i didnt think it was that hard to understand but I guess it is......

go right ahead

it's your word

you created it

all I asked it that you explain the definition

I have no idea what the difference is between a fundy liberal and just a liberal

obviously you must have had some distinction in mind when you coined the term

It couldn't just be that you thought "fundie = bad so I'll just attach it to the work liberal"

so tell us the difference

be as explicit as you possibly can so that we have a clear understanding of the difference