Author Topic: Breaking: Pentagon Confirms May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith  (Read 1238 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Pentagon Confirms May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith

Breitbart ^ | 5/1/13

Posted on Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:27:40

The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: "Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense...Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis...”.

The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith.

(From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians--including chaplains--sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of “treason,” and of committing an act of “spiritual rape” as serious a crime as “sexual assault.” He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are “enemies of the Constitution.”)

Being convicted in a court martial means that a soldier has committed a crime under federal military law. Punishment for a court martial can include imprisonment and being dishonorably discharged from the military.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Breitbart ^ | 5/1/13

Posted on Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:27:40

The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: "Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense...Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis...”.

The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith.

(From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians--including chaplains--sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of “treason,” and of committing an act of “spiritual rape” as serious a crime as “sexual assault.” He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are “enemies of the Constitution.”)

Being convicted in a court martial means that a soldier has committed a crime under federal military law. Punishment for a court martial can include imprisonment and being dishonorably discharged from the military.

Weinstein is another paranoid anti-religious extremist.  Those folks must be so unhappy.  They spend an inordinate amount of time whining about something they don't believe exists. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
You  better join in prayer, before and after military meetings..........  or else you will labeled a commy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You  better join in prayer, before and after military meetings..........  or else you will labeled a commy.

Or if you voted for O-Twink

OzmO

• Getbig V
Or if you voted for O-Twink

yeah, but that only comes from loony birthers with no common sense and nothing but hate and ignorance.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Pentagon confirms is may court martial soldiers for violating it's own rules against religious proselytizing?

follow the rules or suffer the consequences

it's a volunteer military so if you can't follow the rules then don't join

why is this even a story

OzmO

• Getbig V
Pentagon confirms is may court martial soldiers for violating it's own rules against religious proselytizing?

follow the rules or suffer the consequences

it's a volunteer military so if you can't follow the rules then don't join

why is this even a story
So posts can get deflected to OB is a commy thug and same as all those that voted for him blah blah blah.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So posts can get deflected to OB is a commy thug and same as all those that voted for him blah blah blah.

I wasn't aware that 333 even needed an excuse to do that

Usually his Tourettes like need to just post random comments like that is all the reason he needs

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Weinstein is another paranoid anti-religious extremist.  Those folks must be so unhappy.  They spend an inordinate amount of time whining about something they don't believe exists. 

Normally this type of stuff is nominal but I've run into more than one that likes to leave little booklets on your desk or on the public table in the breakroom letting me know that I'm sinful trash and I'm going to burn in hell.

I'll pass...keep it to yourself and we'll get along fine.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Normally this type of stuff is nominal but I've run into more than one that likes to leave little booklets on your desk or on the public table in the breakroom letting me know that I'm sinful trash and I'm going to burn in hell.

I don't think people should be doing any unsolicited proselytizing in the workplace.  I was just commenting on the people like Weinstein who run around crying anything religious that they see in the public sector.  We have our own version of him here.  Looking for crosses on military property (on hiking trails).  Complaining about a state rep who had a fish symbol on his office door.  Just stupid stuff like that. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

I've never understood why you think that's significant at all

It's the very fact that he doesn't believe your God exists that is the basis for his criticism

Skip8282

• Getbig V
I don't think people should be doing any unsolicited proselytizing in the workplace.  I was just commenting on the people like Weinstein who run around crying anything religious that they see in the public sector.  We have our own version of him here.  Looking for crosses on military property (on hiking trails).  Complaining about a state rep who had a fish symbol on his office door.  Just stupid stuff like that. 

Yeah, and I've got no problem with the officers who have the chaplain say a prayer during their retirement, crosses, etc.  But keep the little books, comments, etc., away.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Yeah, and I've got no problem with the officers who have the chaplain say a prayer during their retirement, crosses, etc.  But keep the little books, comments, etc., away.

Agree.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

How do you feel when they chase you across parking lots insisting you take their material, or knock on your door first thing in the morning, and shove their foot in the door jam thinking you won't dare to shut the door?  :D
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
letting me know that I'm sinful trash and I'm going to burn in hell.

;D ;D ;D

chadstallion

• Getbig IV

Breitbart ^ |

stopped reading after finding your 'source'...why not quote the National Enquirer? it's about as valid.
w

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
If its across the board for all religions, why get ticked? I'd hate for some Moslem banging on me just as much as they dislike someone else banging on them. Though, I don't think Moslems should be allowed in the military(commence flaming).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
If its across the board for all religions, why get ticked? I'd hate for some Moslem banging on me just as much as they dislike someone else banging on them. Though, I don't think Moslems should be allowed in the military(commence flaming).

yeah, that makes sense given that wacky "freedom of religion" thing in this country since right around the day it was founded

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Had some of my right winger friends posting their outrage on this yesterday. I was the dissenting comment which was basically.. I'll wait until they define it better.. co workers discussing their faith in a cordial conversation at work has never been an issue in the military.. supervisors pushing their faith on subordinates, or members who badger other non believers on a regular basis should, if they don't stop when warned, face discipline.   

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

Religious goons are annoying and often very dense.  They don't realize the kind of diplomatic havoc and resentment trying to convert a local non-christian population can cause.   If they want to share the lord, they can when they are out of the military.  If they don't like the rules, don't join. 

As an aside, I only went to church in the military during boot camp and that was to get a out of bullshit duty.  I grew up catholic but they get up and down to damn much so I attended a Protestant service.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Religious goons are annoying and often very dense.  They don't realize the kind of diplomatic havoc and resentment trying to convert a local non-christian population can cause.   If they want to share the lord, they can when they are out of the military.  If they don't like the rules, don't join. 

As an aside, I only went to church in the military during boot camp and that was to get a out of bullshit duty.  I grew up catholic but they get up and down to damn much so I attended a Protestant service.

LOL - I did tje same thing!!!!

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
LOL - I did tje same thing!!!!

Haha. Funny shit!  I didnt think i was the only one.  I think that is where I learned to sleep with my eyes open. 
A