Author Topic: Legalize all drugs? Bring down gun deaths.  (Read 5105 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Legalize all drugs? Bring down gun deaths.
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2013, 02:24:25 PM »
Government regulations and supply would drastically reduce the price of drugs.  Why do you think the cost of drugs is so high, because of criminalisation.  The same things happens to anything you criminalise, the price is normally 6-10 times more than what it should be.

lol You're clueless meth and heroine are dirt cheap

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »

ahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO THEY'RE FUCKING NOT

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 02:27:38 PM »

ahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO THEY'RE FUCKING NOT

Bullshit

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 02:29:26 PM »
The opinion of a Libertarian and Economics professor on why drugs should be legalised:

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »
Bullshit

go fund a meth and heroin habit on a blue collar salary while also paying for rent, car, food etc and then tell me they're dirt cheap

they're not. especially if you are getting the good shit that hasn't been cut 50 times and isn't full of toxic solvents

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2013, 02:45:42 PM »
The opinion of a Libertarian and Economics professor on why drugs should be legalised:

an old video, that doesn't go together with today's culture of more is better.
Hell, take a look at the high obesity rate of America, and that is just food. When this vid was taken, and during "Prohibition" you didn't see the rates of obesity that you see now (nor fast food joints, which gave people more access to cheap, fast food).

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2013, 02:46:50 PM »
go fund a meth and heroin habit on a blue collar salary while also paying for rent, car, food etc and then tell me they're dirt cheap

they're not. especially if you are getting the good shit that hasn't been cut 50 times and isn't full of toxic solvents

Who said fund a habbit? I said the drugs are cheap

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »
an old video, that doesn't go together with today's culture of more is better.
Hell, take a look at the high obesity rate of America, and that is just food. When this vid was taken, and during "Prohibition" you didn't see the rates of obesity that you see now (nor fast food joints, which gave people more access to cheap, fast food).

That's debatable.
The obesity issue could also be just because of laziness or the faster pace of our society where a lot of people have less time and would rather spend it another way than preparing food.
It could also be cheaper than buying the ingredients oneself and seem more practical for a lot of people, especially if they don't even understand nutrition.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2013, 03:56:33 PM »
Who said fund a habbit? I said the drugs are cheap

because most people use drugs regularly? how many people do you know only smoke or drink once a year? most people either do it regularly or not at all.

what exactly do you mean by "cheap"? are you basing this off of anything or are you just repeating something you heard on dateline NBC?

because i don't use the stuff myself but i've looked at SR prices and i can see how people can *easily* spend 50 bucks a week on it, and that's a conservative estimate and even that = $2600/yr which isn't "cheap" for pretty much 95% of the income-earning population.

on the other hand my friends can get massive adderall scripts refilled for like 7 bucks a month.

e-kul is completely right in this case, nothing that's illegal is ever cheap due to basic supply and demand. if it was legalized prices would go down significantly.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2013, 04:11:18 PM »

ahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO THEY'RE FUCKING NOT

NarcissisticDeity is just being deliberately ignorant because he feels butthurt over my belief in gun control.  At least I hope he is being deliberately ignorant.  The more I deal with NarcissisticDeity, the more I suspect he is a poorly educated pimple faced teenager raised in a strict fundamentalist Religious family with extreme black and white views.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2013, 04:21:32 PM »

Good Clip.  it's amazing how long it has been known that the criminalisation of drugs is immoral and causes more harm than good and yet nothing is done about it.
V

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2013, 04:24:04 PM »
That's debatable.
The obesity issue could also be just because of laziness or the faster pace of our society where a lot of people have less time and would rather spend it another way than preparing food.
It could also be cheaper than buying the ingredients oneself and seem more practical for a lot of people, especially if they don't even understand nutrition.

In the south, the pace of life is noticeably slower, yet people still eat fast food, and still are obese.
And the majority of people do not want to take time to cook a meal, always saying that they are busy...busy doing what? Checking email, posting on getbig....
Not really busy. I understand your argument.

But, this vid was done in a time where people didnt have the attitude that they want to do anything that they want, as much as they want, when they want, and however long they want. But, if something happens, it's not their fault, it's someone else's, and why isn't the government doing something about it.
We want to do everything to excess, eating, drinking, snorting, smoking anything...

And what happens if the drugs are legal? A junkie is a junkie whether the drugs are legal or not. So, what happens if the stores are closed which sell the drugs? A junkie will try to break in (they have done that in pharmacies). Or what happens when an all night store runs out? A junkie will throw a fit, and possibly rob the place for money, to go to another "store" to get the Drugs. And what if the junkie has no funds? Well, they still will steal, rob, or pawn off stuff (mainly from people they stole stuff from) to support the habit.
And then what about the increased DUIs of driving while under the influence of drugs? Or workplace productivity? A true junkie can do jack without doing a hit every few hours or even a half an hour?
Too many things to consider, once you open that Pandora's Box.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »
because most people use drugs regularly? how many people do you know only smoke or drink once a year? most people either do it regularly or not at all.

what exactly do you mean by "cheap"? are you basing this off of anything or are you just repeating something you heard on dateline NBC?

because i don't use the stuff myself but i've looked at SR prices and i can see how people can *easily* spend 50 bucks a week on it, and that's a conservative estimate and even that = $2600/yr which isn't "cheap" for pretty much 95% of the income-earning population.

on the other hand my friends can get massive adderall scripts refilled for like 7 bucks a month.

e-kul is completely right in this case, nothing that's illegal is ever cheap due to basic supply and demand. if it was legalized prices would go down significantly.

I have TWO older brother who are addicts , one is dead because of his addictions , the other one is one his way out. Trust me I know more about addicts and drugs than I care to admit. And I said drugs themselves are cheap , heroine and meth can be had for very short money , I said nothing about funding a habit

yes because legal drugs are cheap , every try and buy prescription drugs without insurance?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2013, 04:29:51 PM »
NarcissisticDeity is just being deliberately ignorant because he feels butthurt over my belief in gun control.  At least I hope he is being deliberately ignorant.  The more I deal with NarcissisticDeity, the more I suspect he is a poorly educated pimple faced teenager raised in a strict fundamentalist Religious family with extreme black and white views.

Oh boy lol you're the one who is now mentioning me in other threads , and projecting your beliefs on everyone else.

and black & white views? I can't see why anyone would need to own a pit-bull , gun or practice Islam lol hypocrite much? those are your words and ad hominem attacks? last refuge of the intellectually bankrupt , glad you're showing you're frustration  ;)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »
In the south, the pace of life is noticeably slower, yet people still eat fast food, and still are obese.
And the majority of people do not want to take time to cook a meal, always saying that they are busy...busy doing what? Checking email, posting on getbig....
Not really busy. I understand your argument.

But, this vid was done in a time where people didnt have the attitude that they want to do anything that they want, as much as they want, when they want, and however long they want. But, if something happens, it's not their fault, it's someone else's, and why isn't the government doing something about it.
We want to do everything to excess, eating, drinking, snorting, smoking anything...

And what happens if the drugs are legal? A junkie is a junkie whether the drugs are legal or not. So, what happens if the stores are closed which sell the drugs? A junkie will try to break in (they have done that in pharmacies). Or what happens when an all night store runs out? A junkie will throw a fit, and possibly rob the place for money, to go to another "store" to get the place. And what if the junkie has no funds? Well, they still will steal, rob, or pawn off stuff (mainly from people they stole stuff from) to support the habit.
And then what about the increased DUIs of driving while under the influence of drugs? Or workplace productivity? A true junkie can do jack without doing a hit every few hours or even a half an hour?
Too many things to consider, once you open that Pandora's Box.
You do realise that alcohol is a drug and there are plenty of alcohol addicts.  There is no Pandora box to open, decriminalisation of drugs has been here for a long time, it's just that the Government has been selective about what drugs to legalise.  Do alcoholics break into the liquor store to get a bottle of alcohol.  Probably, but it would be rare.  Legalising drugs would be a tremendous boost to the economy.  I have known many addicts that are very productive, and the majority of issues say a heroin user has is because of poor habits, using dirty needles, poor hygiene and dietary habits and only having access to poor quality drugs.  Heroin itself in a purer form isn't that bad for you.  it's the lifestyle that kills them, the social stigma and being labelled an outcast.  

There is nothing to suggest that a heroin addict can not be a productive worker, I have known a few.  Take away a smokers nicotine or vary the frequency with which they can smoke combined with bouts of forced abstinence and you will create an unstable individual.  The only reason somebody would want drugs to remain illegal is a moral objection to this type of behaviour.  Decriminalisation hasn't helped the world or it's people, it has done irreversible harm, not only to the users but to our societies, with large drug cartels using extreme violence to creating a lower class human being segregating them from society.  It really has been one of the greatest crimes against humanity the world has ever seen.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2013, 04:37:07 PM »
Oh boy lol you're the one who is now mentioning me in other threads , and projecting your beliefs on everyone else.

and black & white views? I can't see why anyone would need to own a pit-bull , gun or practice Islam lol hypocrite much? those are your words and ad hominem attacks? last refuge of the intellectually bankrupt , glad you're showing you're frustration  ;)

I can't see a need to own a pitbull or a gun.  Human needs are few.  Pitbull ownership and Guns last time I checked weren't one of them but the universal human right to safety and security is one of them.  Hence the reason the added this in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, for some reason, I didn't see gun ownership or pitbulls mentioned in there.  Oh that's right, their selfish indulgences based on want, not need.

Perhaps we need to draw up a charter for The Universal Declaration of Human Wants for Narcissists and sociopaths and include Pitbulls and guns.
V

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2013, 04:46:33 PM »
I can't see a need to own a pitbull or a gun.  Human needs are few.  Pitbull ownership and Guns last time I checked weren't one of them but the universal human right to safety and security is one of them.  Hence the reason the added this in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, for some reason, I didn't see gun ownership or pitbulls mentioned in there.  Oh that's right, their selfish indulgences based on want, not need.

Perhaps we need to draw up a charter for The Universal Declaration of Human Wants for Narcissists and sociopaths and include Pitbulls and guns.

I can't see a need to own a pitbull or a gun.
which is black & white and yet you bitch about others who you claim have the same mentality , you're a hypocrite and not a very bright one.

run along and stick to the topic hypocrite , keep preaching the ' good word '

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2013, 04:48:49 PM »
You do realise that alcohol is a drug and there are plenty of alcohol addicts.  There is no Pandora box to open, decriminalisation of drugs has been here for a long time, it's just that the Government has been selective about what drugs to legalise.  Do alcoholics break into the liquor store to get a bottle of alcohol.  Probably, but it would be rare.  Legalising drugs would be a tremendous boost to the economy.  I have known many addicts that are very productive, and the majority of issues say a heroin user has is because of poor habits, using dirty needles, poor hygiene and dietary habits and only having access to poor quality drugs.  Heroin itself in a purer form isn't that bad for you.  it's the lifestyle that kills them, the social stigma and being labelled an outcast. 

There is nothing to suggest that a heroin addict can not be a productive worker, I have know a few.  Take away a smokers nicotine or vary the frequency with which they can smoke combined with bouts of forced abstinence and you will create an unstable individual.  The only reason somebody would want drugs to remain illegal is a moral objection to this type of behaviour.  Decriminalisation hasn't helped the world or it's people, it has done irreversible harm, not only to the users but to our societies, with large drug cartels using extreme violence to creating a lower class human being segregating them from society.  It really has been one of the greatest crimes against humanity the world has ever seen.
Again, you don't understand the AMERICAN WAY of doing things and the AMERICAN culture of excess. I see drunks, druggies on a nightly basis, and not when they are cleaned up either.

Ever tried talking to someone high on heroin? You can't because they fall out like they are sleep, and they cannot function. Or ever tried dealing with someone hopped up on PCP? The smell is a bad chemical smell, and their eyes are watery, and the contact from them makes your eyes watery. And they are trying to take their clothes off because they are constantly "hot". Plus, Mace does nothing to them, so there is another effect when LE must deal with them.
JUNKIES cannot function period.

Alcohol is a different drug, but it has ruined families. And many times in domestic violence issues, one or both of the parties is a drunk or was drinking...but that is different story.

My main point is the hard drugs, shouldn't be legalized, the same reason why a normal citizen should not have nuclear weapons (besides the cost)---because they are too dangerous.

When someone breaks into your house, and steals your power tools, or a vacuum, or your girlfriend's jewelry, or your frozen steals, and you find out that they were doing a controlled legal drug like Oxy, then you may change your mind.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2013, 04:52:04 PM »
I have TWO older brother who are addicts , one is dead because of his addictions , the other one is one his way out. Trust me I know more about addicts and drugs than I care to admit. And I said drugs themselves are cheap , heroine and meth can be had for very short money , I said nothing about funding a habit

yes because legal drugs are cheap , every try and buy prescription drugs without insurance?

yes i have actually, still cheaper than most recreational drugs unless you're talking about cancer meds or something serious like that. hell antibiotics even are cheap.

you keep responding with vague, undescriptive statements like "they're cheap". how are they cheap? and you keep defending with "hurr i wasn't talking about a habit". well, if your brother was an addict, then clearly he used the drugs on a regular basis, which IS a habit? you're being pretty contradictory.

again, what are you defining as "cheap"? some miniscule amount purchased on one particular occasion? yeah, i can buy a gram of weed for $20 bucks and call it cheap, but when you're going through a quarter a week, it's not cheap. hell i can buy a $10 bag of regs and stretch it out for a while, but it's low quality shit. i can go buy a 40oz from the gas station for 2 bucks and say "oh alcohol is cheap", but being an alcoholic isn't cheap. especially if you're drinking top shelf.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2013, 04:52:48 PM »
which is black & white and yet you bitch about others who you claim have the same mentality , you're a hypocrite and not a very bright one.

run along and stick to the topic hypocrite , keep preaching the ' good word '
Yeah, I also believe we should have rape and murder laws.  That's pretty black and white.  The problem I have with black and white thinking is when it harms innocent people.  If you were advocating for the right to rape or murder or to fuck children, I would also oppose that.  If you were arguing for the right to impale yourself on a 14 inch dildo, I would have no problem with that.  Once again, it all comes down to how your wants and desires affect other people.  You know about other people right, it's those other life forms that look similar to you and that you have merely objectified as being objects to use and manipulate for your own ends.
V

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2013, 04:56:06 PM »
yes i have actually, still cheaper than most recreational drugs unless you're talking about cancer meds or something serious like that. hell antibiotics even are cheap.

you keep responding with vague, undescriptive statements like "they're cheap". how are they cheap? and you keep defending with "hurr i wasn't talking about a habit". well, if your brother was an addict, then clearly he used the drugs on a regular basis, which IS a habit? you're being pretty contradictory.

again, what are you defining as "cheap"? some miniscule amount purchased on one particular occasion? yeah, i can buy a gram of weed for $20 bucks and call it cheap, but when you're going through a quarter a week, it's not cheap. hell i can buy a $10 bag of regs and stretch it out for a while, but it's low quality shit. i can go buy a 40oz from the gas station for 2 bucks and say "oh alcohol is cheap", but being an alcoholic isn't cheap. especially if you're drinking top shelf.

Are you in the U.S. ? all prescription medication is through the roof with insurance.

Actually I'm not the drugs themselves are cheap , heroine & meth can be had for $10 bucks , I'm not talking about quality & purity or habits just the drugs themselves , the Government isn't going to make either of them cheaper , perhaps more safe but not cheaper , anything the Government touches the prices skyrocket 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2013, 04:58:31 PM »
Again, you don't understand the AMERICAN WAY of doing things and the AMERICAN culture of excess. I see drunks, druggies on a nightly basis, and not when they are cleaned up either.

Ever tried talking to someone high on heroin? You can't because they fall out like they are sleep, and they cannot function. Or ever tried dealing with someone hopped up on PCP? The smell is a bad chemical smell, and their eyes are watery, and the contact from them makes your eyes watery. And they are trying to take their clothes off because they are constantly "hot". Plus, Mace does nothing to them, so there is another effect when LE must deal with them.

Alcohol is a different drug, but it has ruined families. And many times in domestic violence issues, one or both of the parties is a drunk or was drinking...but that is different story.

My main point is the hard drugs, shouldn't be legalized, the same reason why a normal citizen should not have nuclear weapons (besides the cost)---because they are too dangerous.

When someone breaks into your house, and steals your power tools, or a vacuum, or your girlfriend's jewelry, or your frozen steals, and you find out that they were doing a controlled legal drug like Oxy, then you may change your mind.

He has no experience what so ever and ironic he thinks he knows what's best for a group pf people halfway across the planet , very limited capacity this one

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »
prison is a very lucrative business and there are some high up people with a vested interest in keeping the prison population up. that is immoral and just wrong.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »

LOL, you're so close-minded it's not even funny. lots of drugs are legal in the netherlands and they don't have any of these issues. your argument of "oh it's too dangerous, people can't handle it" is a jackbooted, statist thug mentality. it's the kind of mentality that will eventually spill over to other things. eventually they'll come after your guns too, oh look at sandy hook look at aurora, no one needs high capacity magazines, no one needs ar-15's no one needs glocks, no one needs "sniper rifles", no one needs a crossbow, etc etc etc. then cars too, oh, no one needs a 1200 hp sports car, no one needs a car that can go over 80mph period, look at all the deaths car accidents cause.

you don't just conveniently draw the line and take away peoples' freedom wherever your "morals" dictate. you take the good with the bad, or you take the statist nanny government approach and let uncle sam rule your life. the cost/benefit issue isn't even part of the argument. the argument is freedom vs oppression.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »

Americans aren't unique, you really need to get over yourselves.  And, I have actually had my house burgled twice by junkies. This is just one more reason I would prefer to see drugs legalised, no Cigarette smoker or alcoholic ever broke into my house to fund their habit, that's because regulation has made their drug of choice cheap.  And yes I have dealt with many addicts, I actually have a diploma in alcohol and other drugs and worked in the field for a while.  And the people I think are most difficult to deal with are drunks.

And comparing nuclear weapons to drugs is absurd, the reason people can't own nuclear weapons is becuase of the actuarial risk they pose to others.  Most addicts only pose a risk to themselves.  And have you actually tried speed, heroin, LSD, marijuana or any other illegal substances.  You seem to have a very narrow vision of what a drug addict is and what these drugs do.  I have known many functional addicts who can outwork and outperform me.  I worked in the trucking industry for years and there are a lot of addict truck drivers, I would go as far as to say the whole trucking industry is run on amphetamines.  And many of these men worked harder and longer than those who didn't take amphetamines.  Some burned out, but so did some of the non-addicts.  There is a reason these types of drugs are used during wartime.
V