Author Topic: Legalize all drugs? Bring down gun deaths.  (Read 5104 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Legalize all drugs? Bring down gun deaths.
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »
I agree, plus all of law enforcement, milliions of pigs and pig related jobs would be lost.
not just that. The Judicial system feeds off of effects of addiction. Probation and Parole, programs, fees and fines. Court costs, Judges and clerks, and bailiff salaries. There is a massive infrastructure built on drugs, the addiction and the criminal behavior behind it.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 05:27:02 PM »
a society on cocaine?

on heroin?

meth?

how many addicts do you people know?

you think they make for good foundation of a society? ;D

want historical example of a nation who allowed their citizens to become addicts on large scale?

china before opium wars.

just saying, but im still in favour of legalization.

but damn we got some proper crack heads on this forum

drugs dont do you any good, they really do not,you just think they do.its called an addiction.self denial.

typical junkie behaviour.whats next "i can control my cocaine use very well".

yeah right,i heard such before.

govt isnt all that bad,they wanna make sure first and foremost ppl can afford or have food.

society of junkies will eventualy run out of food, the economy wouldnt do so well.

but go ahead and legalize it, i just think the world as a whole isnt ready for it yet, technoligicaly and economicaly.

if we lived in some utopia where everything comes for free, well yeah then itd work.

Society is already one them

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 05:28:21 PM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 05:41:48 PM »
a society on cocaine?

on heroin?

meth?

want historical example of a nation who allowed their citizens to become addicts on large scale?

china before opium wars.

drugs dont do you any good, they really do not,you just think they do.its called an addiction.self denial.

govt isnt all that bad,they wanna make sure first and foremost ppl can afford or have food.

society of junkies will eventualy run out of food, the economy wouldnt do so well.

but go ahead and legalize it, i just think the world as a whole isnt ready for it yet, technoligicaly and economicaly.

if we lived in some utopia where everything comes for free, well yeah then itd work.

Somebody is unaware that the world already consumes large quantities of drugs.  You must be arguing that everyone will become an addict if they are legalised.  But research shows the opposite is true.  Is everyone an alcoholic or addicted to nicotine?, these things are freely available, no questions asked.  When America first prohibited alcohol, usage actually went up and when prohibition was abolished usage went down again.  I probably drink alcohol once every two years, just because something is freely available doesn't mean everybody will want to do it.
V

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 05:49:44 PM »
Somebody is unaware that the world already consumes large quantities of drugs.  You must be arguing that everyone will become an addict if they are legalised.  But research shows the opposite is true.  Is everyone an alcoholic or addicted to nicotine?, these things are freely available, no questions asked.  When America first prohibited alcohol, usage actually went up and when prohibition was abolished usage went down again.  I probably drink alcohol once every two years, just because something is freely available doesn't mean everybody will want to do it.
A large percentage of the American populace is addicted to nicotine and alcohol.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 05:56:38 PM »
People have to get away from the mindset that more government is the solution.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2013, 06:04:09 PM »

Ain't that the truth , whenever they are involved calamity ensues

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 06:04:48 PM »

the problem is, the more liberal you (or the populace) are the more you invite the government to be bigger...
 more "rights" means more legislation and laws. More laws means more police to enforce those laws. More people arrested means more courthouses, more judges, more clerks, more parole and probation officers. All this "extra government" paid for by the tax payers.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 06:10:44 PM »
lol trucking? try the entire academia, medical and scientific industry. nearly every high-GPA egghead i know in uni lives on adderall, vyvanse and ritalin. the stuff sells like candy in college towns.

Good point...And Hollywood has been running on massive amounts of cocaine for many decades.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 06:14:13 PM »
a society on cocaine?

on heroin?

meth?

china before opium wars.

Almost every single movie you watched has been aided by Cocaine. Whether it be the Actors, Directors or both.  Creative minds aren't really that creative sober.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 06:16:50 PM »
A large percentage of the American populace is addicted to nicotine and alcohol.

Compared to 30+ years ago, the numbers are dropping and will continue to drop...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2013, 06:20:08 PM »
yeah like for instance when they save somebody whos been attacked by a drug junkie who was in dire financial straits and needed the next fix

what will the junkies do when theyre out of money but only govt gives out the drugs in controled matter?

They'll still be a black market for such things. The sever addicts still find a way to catch a buzz.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2013, 06:34:30 PM »

Government has it's place, it just depends on what role they should take.  In the case of America, more government well may be the answer, look at China for example, if that place wasn't ruled with an iron fist there would be chaos.  I actually think what America needs is a benevolent dictator.  I would like to see a powerful Government form that didn't take shit from anybody, told the people exactly what to do and to pull their heads in or it's a FEMA camp for them.  The average American citizen is like a spoiled child who rejects any form of discipline or authority.  The only way to deal with a kid like that is frequent beatings, strong boundaries and harsh punishments, you would be surprised how many kids behave themselves under this type of regime.  Freedom ruined America, they couldn't handle it, and they ended up spoilt, fat, dumb, lazy, entitled, indoctrinated conspiracy nutters who fear their own shadows.  Freedom isn't always a good thing.

V

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2013, 06:37:27 PM »
Compared to 30+ years ago, the numbers are dropping and will continue to drop...
because the people who were using 30 yrs ago are dying off? Or because people have found new addictions?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2013, 06:37:59 PM »
bunch of fantastic speculation in here ::)

only way to know is to try it, and see what happens ;D

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »
Government has it's place, it just depends on what role they should take.  In the case of America, more government well may be the answer, look at China for example, if that place wasn't ruled with an iron fist there would be chaos.  I actually think what America needs is a benevolent dictator.  I would like to see a powerful Government form that didn't take shit from anybody, told the people exactly what to do and to pull their heads in or it's a FEMA camp for them.  The average American citizen is like a spoiled child who rejects any form of discipline or authority.  The only way to deal with a kid like that is frequent beatings, strong boundaries and harsh punishments, you would be surprised how many kids behave themselves under this type of regime.  Freedom ruined America, they couldn't handle it, and they ended up spoilt, fat, dumb, lazy, entitled, indoctrinated conspiracy nutters who fear their own shadows.  Freedom isn't always a good thing.

And this is the Anarchistic definition of the State: the embodiment of the principle of invasion in an individual, or a band of individuals, assuming to act as representatives or masters of the entire people within a given area. - Benjamin Tucker

Be afraid of freedom all you want....but you won't do it on my dime or diminshed liberties.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 07:50:44 PM »
And this is the Anarchistic definition of the State: the embodiment of the principle of invasion in an individual, or a band of individuals, assuming to act as representatives or masters of the entire people within a given area. - Benjamin Tucker

Be afraid of freedom all you want....but you won't do it on my dime or diminshed liberties.
I'm not afraid of freedom, I live in a very free society, free of fear, free of mass shootings and terrorism, fantastic living conditions etc etc.  Freedom just doesn't suit the American people, they make freedom look awful, they all take it to mean securing their personal idea of freedom at the expense of other peoples freedom, so you just have this mish mash of special interest groups trampling all over everyone elses idea of personal freedom to the point you all end up more enslaved than if you had no freedom at all.  

Like I said, America is full of undisciplined naughty children in need of some serious discipline for their own good.  With a mature and reasonable child, you can give them plenty of freedom, and it will be appreciated and well used, with a naughty child, you give them freedom and they will just use that freedom to trample over other peoples freedom.  Freedom to a naughty child means indulging their criminally selfish attitude, and believing the are free to do whatever they like at the expense of other people.  Americas idea of freedom just looks like a horrible form of enslavement, it's like watching the Mentally Ill take over and run the asylum.  

Banning guns and legalising drugs would help America move more in the direction of real freedom.  They also might lighten up and stop being so fearful and angry.

The concept of freedom was meant to mean maximising freedom for the majority, including freedom from being exposed to unnecessary risk from others, freedom from not having your brains blown out at school, or in the supermarket etc etc., America has perverted the concept of freedom into a selfish definition of it.  They take it too mean I want as much personal freedom as I can get regardless of the negative impact it has on the freedoms of the majority.  The greatest problem America faces is having a large percentage of the population that are deeply selfish and not community minded.  "The fuck you Jack I'm OK" mentality.
V

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »
It would wipe out the illegal market, neutralizing the gang/mafia cultures, reducing gun related deaths and making life better overall for all people?

Obviously, no.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2013, 09:31:44 PM »
I'm not afraid of freedom, I live in a very free society, free of fear, free of mass shootings and terrorism, fantastic living conditions etc etc.  Freedom just doesn't suit the American people, they make freedom look awful, they all take it to mean securing their personal idea of freedom at the expense of other peoples freedom, so you just have this mish mash of special interest groups trampling all over everyone elses idea of personal freedom to the point you all end up more enslaved than if you had no freedom at all.  

Like I said, America is full of undisciplined naughty children in need of some serious discipline for their own good.  With a mature and reasonable child, you can give them plenty of freedom, and it will be appreciated and well used, with a naughty child, you give them freedom and they will just use that freedom to trample over other peoples freedom.  Freedom to a naughty child means indulging their criminally selfish attitude, and believing the are free to do whatever they like at the expense of other people.  Americas idea of freedom just looks like a horrible form of enslavement, it's like watching the Mentally Ill take over and run the asylum.  

Banning guns and legalising drugs would help America move more in the direction of real freedom.  They also might lighten up and stop being so fearful and angry.

The concept of freedom was meant to mean maximising freedom for the majority, including freedom from being exposed to unnecessary risk from others, freedom from not having your brains blown out at school, or in the supermarket etc etc., America has perverted the concept of freedom into a selfish definition of it.  They take it too mean I want as much personal freedom as I can get regardless of the negative impact it has on the freedoms of the majority.  The greatest problem America faces is having a large percentage of the population that are deeply selfish and not community minded.  "The fuck you Jack I'm OK" mentality.

whatever you say, comrade.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2013, 09:51:37 PM »
whatever you say, comrade.
:o Freedom, American Style
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »
See what the American idea of freedom has created.  Give an American freedom and he becomes a complete tool.

Sum up a country of 312,000,000 people based on one douche-bag...

Fuck off

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2013, 09:55:12 PM »
Sum up a country of 312,000,000 people based on one douche-bag...

Fuck off
One, lol, you think this guy is an anomaly?,
Maybe I can use this guy as an example of a typical American

Don't get me wrong, I think there a lot of good Americans, it's just that there outnumbered by arseholes.

or these guys

or these guys

or this guy

actually this character is probably more representative

what about these guys

or this for the typical American family.
V

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2013, 02:05:54 PM »
ekul, youre not leaving the house very often but think muslims and pitbulls are a huge threat, but junkies on cold turkey desperation you think are safe thing for society?

just bc the drug and consumption would be legal doesnt mean the junkies have endless money supply, quite the contrary.

in what things will they engage to finance their habbits

flawed reasoning.

what kind of things do alcoholics and nicotine addicts engage in to fund their habits?

and don't tell me that's different, there's a chemical addiction involved in both cases.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2013, 02:18:40 PM »
It would wipe out the illegal market, neutralizing the gang/mafia cultures, reducing gun related deaths and making life better overall for all people?

I agree 100%.

It would also eliminate a lot of so-called 'criminals' from taking up space in the prisons and free the resources, manpower and efforts of police to focus on murderers, rapists etc and actual criminals.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »
ekul, youre not leaving the house very often but think muslims and pitbulls are a huge threat, but junkies on cold turkey desperation you think are safe thing for society?

just bc the drug and consumption would be legal doesnt mean the junkies have endless money supply, quite the contrary.

in what things will they engage to finance their habbits
Government regulations and supply would drastically reduce the price of drugs.  Why do you think the cost of drugs is so high, because of criminalisation.  The same things happens to anything you criminalise, the price is normally 6-10 times more than what it should be.
V