Author Topic: Cruz 2016  (Read 90473 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Cruz 2016
« Reply #425 on: December 23, 2015, 11:16:10 AM »
Little monkeys though?

How would that go over with a Democratic minority candidate?

I'm not saying portraying his kids as monkeys is appropriate.  It's not.  I'm saying Cruz created this problem by using his kids in that kind of ad. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #426 on: December 23, 2015, 12:56:41 PM »
He didn't just show his family.  He had his daughter participate with a line attacking Hillary.  That puts his kids squarely in play.  

X2.  He can't expect to have all things at once.  This is on him.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #427 on: December 23, 2015, 08:31:30 PM »
He may have done it to ramp up donations.

Low.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #428 on: December 23, 2015, 08:42:40 PM »
His spokesman said no amount of money can replace the hurt feelings felt from being humiliated like this by liberals. 

We still remember a certain right wing host coloring Chelsea to the family dog...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #429 on: December 30, 2015, 06:33:22 PM »
Cruz Raises Almost $20M in Fourth Quarter

Image: Cruz Raises Almost $20M in Fourth Quarter
Wednesday, 30 Dec 2015

Dec 30 (Reuters) - U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas raised almost $20 million for his Republican presidential campaign in the fourth quarter, a 66 percent increase over the previous three-month period, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.

Cruz's campaign manager, Jeff Roe, said in a memo to staff and supporters that the campaign's year-end fundraising total would come to more than $45 million, up from the $26 million raised by the end of September, according to the Journal.

The $20 million haul in the final three months of 2015 is up sharply from the $12.2 million raised in the third quarter, the newspaper said.

Cruz has seen his poll numbers improve as the year draws to an end. He now holds the lead in several surveys in Iowa, which votes first in the presidential contest. (Writing by Eric Beech in Washington; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ted-cruz-raises-20/2015/12/30/id/707674/#ixzz3vrUei9h2

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: January 08, 2016, 04:53:36 PM »
A.B. Stoddard: Cruz’s path to victory

By A.B. Stoddard
01/06/16

He is the most hated man in Washington, and he isn’t riveting record crowds like Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are out on the campaign trail. But Ted Cruz is running one of the best presidential campaigns of 2016.

After spending what will likely amount to the most money and most time in Iowa by any GOP candidate, Cruz is now the front-runner for the Iowa caucuses on Feb. 1. The Texas senator has proven his hunger to Iowa Republicans with late-night stops and an effort to visit to all 99 counties, with 28 stops this week alone.

Throughout, Cruz has made a few mistakes — like making a Joe Biden joke days after the vice president’s son died of cancer — but he has otherwise exhibited impressive discipline as a candidate.
He has used humor on Twitter and flagrant flattery to deflect provocations from the press to criticize Trump. He appreciates the value of timing; though he started wooing Iowa conservatives just months after being elected senator in 2012, he kept his now years-old presidential campaign quiet until March.

During several early debates, Cruz — a former debate champion — held back, aware that peaking too soon is one of the easiest ways to lose. And while Cruz was working to win the most critical endorsements of social conservative leaders in Iowa, which he has now received, he was also building formidable operations in the southern states that vote March 1, when more delegates will be awarded than on any other day.

A win in the first contest, previously written off as less significant than the second one, in New Hampshire, now appears likely to create powerful momentum for Cruz. Should he head straight to South Carolina to plant the first flag before its Feb. 20 vote, a nightmare scenario could result for establishment Republicans, who could end up splitting the vote in New Hampshire on Feb. 9 and serving as spoilers for a Trump victory in the state. To date, none of them have landed on a potent line of attack to stop Cruz in Iowa. Conceding the Hawkeye State could mean conceding the Palmetto State, too: in 2012, 65 percent of South Carolina GOP primary voters identified themselves as born-again or evangelical Christians.

So far Cruz’s plan is working, though history may prove it laughably futile. That’s because the senator doesn’t intend to win over the electorate, he plans to try to change it — like Barack Obama did. “Obama ran a masterful campaign,” he has said. “It was a grassroots guerilla campaign, encircled the Hillary campaign before they knew what hit them.”

The path to victory, Cruz insists, is through conservatives — not swing voters in the “mushy middle.” He thinks there are millions of white evangelical Republicans he can inspire who sat out elections in 2012 and 2008, when the GOP nominated moderate Republicans. He maintains “if the body of Christ rises up as one and votes our values we can turn this country around.” (The number crunchers disagree: voters who stayed home did so in red or blue states, not in battleground states, therefore they weren’t decisive in GOP losses.)

To meet his goal, Cruz is dispatching a data analytics firm to reach millions of potential supporters, through data gathered mostly from Facebook without their knowledge. Through “psychographic targeting,” his team is trying to locate possible Cruz voters based on five personality traits: openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness and neuroticism.

Perhaps recognizing he may not be the best messenger, Cruz intends to be the best marketer. After all, winning the presidency is just a numbers game. The candidate with the most numbers wins, and Cruz thinks he knows how to find them.

http://thehill.com/opinion/ab-stoddard/265001-ab-stoddard-cruzs-path-to-victory

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #431 on: January 08, 2016, 05:08:37 PM »
His spokesman said no amount of money can replace the hurt feelings felt from being humiliated like this by liberals.  

We still remember a certain right wing host coloring Chelsea to the family dog...

Had to look that one up.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: January 15, 2016, 10:21:33 AM »
Cruz’s ‘Natural-Born Citizen’ Status Tested in Birther Suit
Laurel Brubaker Calkins and Kevin Cirilli
January 14, 2016

Republican presidential contender Ted Cruz should be disqualified from the race because he isn’t a “natural-born citizen,” a fellow Texan claims in a “birther” challenge filed against the senator in a U.S. court.

The suit seeks a court definition of the term to clarify whether Cruz -- who was born in Canada to an American mother -- can or can’t serve if elected.

“This 229-year question has never been pled, presented to or finally decided by or resolved by the U.S. Supreme Court,” Houston attorney Newton B. Schwartz Sr. said in his 28-page complaint. “Only the U.S. Supreme Court can finally decide, determine judicially and settle this issue now.”

Claiming that “time is of the essence” because of the rapidly approaching Iowa caucuses and March 1 Super Tuesday primaries, Schwartz asked that the case be expedited for resolution by the nation’s highest court as soon as possible.

Republican front-runner Donald Trump pressed the issue during a televised candidate debate Thursday evening in South Carolina, saying he’s bringing up Cruz’s Canadian birthplace “because now he’s doing a little bit better” in the polls. Trump insisted that Cruz receive a judgment from the courts because it would be bad for Republicans to have the issue hanging over their presidential or vice-presidential nominee.

“There is a big overhang. A big question mark on your head,” Trump told Cruz. “You can’t do that to the party.”

Cruz Chuckled
Cruz chuckled when asked to respond to Trump’s taunts and swatted them away deftly. Trump, on the other end of the exchange, faced many boos from the crowd.

“There’s nothing to this birther issue,” Cruz said during the debate, noting that Trump said last fall that he was a natural-born citizen. “Since September, the Constitution hasn’t changed. But the poll numbers have. I recognize that Donald is dismayed that his poll numbers are falling in Iowa. But the facts and the law are really clear. Under longstanding U.S. law, the child of a U.S. citizen abroad is a natural born citizen.”

Schwartz, 85, said in a phone interview he isn’t connected to any particular campaign, though he personally “probably” supports Bernie Sanders, the Vermont senator seeking the Democratic nomination.

“Honestly, I was watching C-SPAN one night when Donald Trump was talking about it and I couldn’t believe no one had thought to just file something with the court,” said Schwartz, a practicing trial attorney and self-described news junkie.

‘Simple Procedure’
“It’s such a simple procedure -- I’m amazed no one did it,” Schwartz said. “Senator Cruz should have filed it himself to avoid the question.”

Asked about the lawsuit, Catherine Frazier, a spokeswoman for the Cruz campaign, said: “I’d refer you to the debate exchange on the issue.”

Schwartz said he filed the paperwork himself with no one else advising him and he said he does not have an opinion for which way the court should rule.

“The country will be in chaos if he’s elected president or vice president and this goes to trial then,” Schwartz said. “I can see both sides of this argument.”
The attorney added that he’s got “nothing against” Cruz.

“If he gets cleared, he gets cleared,” Schwartz said. “Let’s just get this thing settled before the primaries and the convention and the election.”
The case is Schwartz v. Cruz, 4:16-cv-00106, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas (Houston).

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-15/cruz-s-natural-born-citizen-status-challenged-in-birther-suit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: January 18, 2016, 10:16:05 AM »
Constitutional Lawyer Floyd Abrams: SCOTUS Won't Rule on Cruz Citizenship
By Greg Richter   
Sunday, 17 Jan 2016

The U.S. Supreme Court is unlikely to rule on whether Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is qualified to be president, saying it is political issue, constitutional attorney Floyd Abrams said Sunday.

"I think [the Supreme Court] would say, 'We're not going to rule ... We're going to treat this as a political question. Congress can decide. The public can decide' ... I don't think the court would pass judgment,' Abrams told John Catsimatidis, host of "The Cats Roundtable" on AM 970 in New York.

Cruz was born in Canada, but his mother was an American citizen. While that makes Cruz an American citizen by birth, scholars are split on whether that makes Cruz a "natural born" citizen, and thus qualified to hold the largest office in the land.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/abrams-supreme-court-cruz-eligibility/2016/01/17/id/709816/#ixzz3xcZPoci2

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: January 18, 2016, 10:36:39 AM »
Donald Trump On Ted Cruz: 'He's A Nasty Guy. Nobody Likes Him.'
"You can't make deals with people like that."
01/17/2016
Zach Carter
Senior Political Economy Reporter, The Huffington Post

TIMOTHY A. CLARY/GETTY IMAGES

WASHINGTON -- Donald Trump on Sunday ramped up his attacks on fellow GOP presidential hopeful Ted Cruz on Sunday, calling the Texas senator "a nasty guy" and a "hypocrite."

"Look, the truth is, he's a nasty guy," Trump said on ABC's "This Week." "Nobody likes him. Nobody in Congress likes him. Nobody likes him anywhere once they get to know him. He's a very –- he's got an edge that's not good. You can't make deals with people like that and it's not a good thing. It's not a good thing for the country. Very nasty guy."

Cruz has in fact alienated many of his Senate colleagues (along with members of George W. Bush's 2000 presidential campaign, a college roommate and others). Trump, for his part, has called Latino immigrants "rapists" and called for "a complete shutdown" on all Muslim transportation to the United States, both of which are objectively nasty things to do, particularly as a politician.

The escalating war of words between Trump and Cruz reflects polls in Iowa showing the two candidates running neck-and-neck in the first caucus of the 2016 cycle. Cruz has doubled down on assaults against Trump's "New York values," pushing videos showing Trump supporting abortion rights and praising Hillary Clinton.

Trump also said Cruz's rhetoric against "crony capitalism" and Wall Street favoritism in Washington is hypocritical, citing a recent New York Times report indicating that Cruz financed his Senate campaign with loans from Goldman Sachs and Citigroup.

"He's a total hypocrite. How about his fundraising and how about when he does his personal financial disclosure form, and he doesn't put on that he's borrowing money from Goldman Sachs?" Trump told ABC host George Stephanopoulos. "He wants to look like Robin Hood, that he's the one protecting the people from the banks, while he's actually borrowing money and personally guaranteeing it and not disclosing it."

Cruz's loans from Goldman and Citi were perfectly legal and reveal no more Wall Street influence over his campaign than any other candidate who receives campaign contributions from big banks. He has dismissed his failure to disclose them as a "paperwork error." Trump, a real estate billionaire, has worked in Wall Street circles for his entire career.

Trump also went after Cruz for supporting now-Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts in 2005.

"Cruz fought like hell to get Justice Roberts in there. Justice Roberts turned out to be an absolute disaster, he turned out to be an absolute disaster because he gave us Obamacare," Trump said.

Cruz wasn't in the Senate when then-President Bush nominated Roberts to the nation's highest court. Roberts' opposition at the time came from liberal Senators and legal experts. He has since become a lightning rod for conservative criticism, however, for writing the Supreme Court opinion that allowed much of Obamacare to survive. Roberts' opinion also undercut decades of liberal jurisprudence going back to the New Deal era, however, and allowed Republican governors to deny the law's benefits to low-income citizens who would have been otherwise eligible for Medicaid under Obamacare.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-ted-cruz-nasty_569bc5c8e4b0778f46f9a2f4

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: February 03, 2016, 08:06:52 AM »
First on CNN: Ted Cruz apologizes to Ben Carson
By Betsy Klein, MJ Lee and Tom LoBianco, CNN
Tue February 2, 2016 | Video Source: CNN

Republican Ben Carson called on the Ted Cruz campaign staffer who said the retired neurosurgeon was planning to dropping out to be fired
One day after winning the Iowa caucuses, Cruz issued an apology to Carson

Windham, New Hampshire (CNN)Republican Ben Carson Tuesday called for the firing of a Ted Cruz campaign staffer who said the retired neurosurgeon was planning to drop out.

"I think whoever is responsible for blatant lying should be dismissed, absolutely. Unless that kind of behavior is acceptable in your campaign culture," Carson told CNN's Jake Tapper on "The Lead."

One day after winning the Iowa caucuses, Cruz issued an apology to Carson after his staff falsely told Iowa caucusgoers that Carson planned to quit the race, calling it a "mistake."

Cruz said in a statement Tuesday that his campaign staff saw a CNN report that Carson was dropping out, although CNN had not characterized Carson's actions that way.

"Last night when our political team saw the CNN post saying that Dr. Carson was not carrying on to New Hampshire and South Carolina, our campaign updated grassroots leaders just as we would with any breaking news story," Cruz said in a statement first shared with CNN. "That's fair game. What the team then should have done was send around the follow-up statement from the Carson campaign clarifying that he was indeed staying in the race when that came out."

Carson said Tuesday he accepted the apology, but questioned whether there was a deeper "cultural issue" with Cruz's campaign.

"As a Christian I will accept the apology but it doesn't correct the problem," Carson told CNN. "This is a cultural issue when people in your campaign feel that it's ok to distort the issues to their political advantage and to tell absolute lies. And the question really is will there be any consequences for that."

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told Tapper on "The Lead" Tuesday that he would not get in the middle of the fight between Cruz and Carson.

"Look, for me to get in the middle of litigating these things that are going on behind the scenes, that we find out about the next day -- I think it was explained by one of the campaigns as to what happened, I think you take them at their word for it and we move onto the next state," Priebus said.

CNN reported that the retired neurosurgeon planned to go home to Florida after the Iowa caucuses, rather than flying straight to New Hampshire or South Carolina, where the next primary contests are held. His aides have emphasized that he is not suspending his campaign -- rather, just briefly going home to "get a fresh set of clothes."

But the Cruz campaign reacted to the news by incorrectly telling precinct captains -- while the caucuses were still taking place -- that the move signaled Carson would be dropping out of the race.

Twenty minutes after the caucuses began in Iowa, Rep. Steve King, the Cruz campaign's national co-chair, retweeted CNN's Chris Moody about Carson's break from the campaign trail before New Hampshire's primary.

"Carson looks like he is out. Iowans need to know before they vote. Most will go to Cruz, I hope," King tweeted. In another tweet, the congressman said Carson's next steps were "equivalent of suspending."

Cruz Iowa staffer Spence Rogers also suggested in an email to precinct captains that Carson may be announcing the end of his campaign next week.

"Breaking News. The press is reporting that Dr. Ben Carson is taking time off from the campaign trail after Iowa and making a big announcement next week," the email read. "Please inform any Carson caucus goers of this news and urge them to caucus for Ted Cruz."

Carson said Tuesday that he merely wants to sleep in his own bed before heading back out on the trail.

"Anybody who's been on the road for almost three weeks recognizes exactly what I'm talking about -- you need some fresh clothes. It's not like you're going to be there forever," Carson told CNN. "It's very nice to sleep in your own bed every now and then. And if anybody can't understand that I feel sorry for them."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/02/politics/ted-cruz-ben-carson-apology/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: February 03, 2016, 04:14:25 PM »
Why pundits, politicians and the press hate Ted Cruz
By  Todd Starnes 
Published February 03, 2016
FoxNews.com

Senator Ted Cruz is now the frontrunner in the Republican race for the White House.

But if you believe the Mainstream Media and the political pundits -- Marco Rubio won the Iowa Caucus.

Just look at Tuesday's news coverage -- they marginalized Senator Cruz -- and glorified Senator Rubio.

And that's the narrative. Cruz may have won -- but Rubio is more electable. And yet... the numbers in Iowa tell a very different story.

One out of three evangelical voters chose Cruz -- so did four out of ten very conservative voters.

And 26 percent of young voters -- 18 to 29 - -- they didn't vote for Rubio -- they also voted for Cruz.

The voters recognize  a simple truth. Senator Cruz has been a man of his word -- a principled conservative -- and that is something the Establishment cannot tolerate.

“What we are seeing is evangelicals who have been dormant in the political process that are turning out,” said Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council. “It’s something we haven’t seen in a number of years.”

Perkins, who has endorsed Cruz, told me the voters are not interested in a moderate candidate. They don’t want someone in the “middle.”

“There’s nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead animals,” Perkins said.

Looking back on the results in Iowa, Perkins said there should be one take-away for voters.

“Do not listen to the pundits or the polls – but vote your values,” he said. “It was values voters and the return of those voters that put Ted Cruz over the top.”

It's not that the pundits and politicos hate Senator Cruz - they know he can't be controlled -- and that has them terrified.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/02/03/why-pundits-politicians-and-press-hate-ted-cruz.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: February 08, 2016, 08:11:10 PM »
Texans For Fiscal Responsibility Endorses Ted Cruz
by MICHELLE FIELDS
8 Feb 2016

Republican presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) speaks at a Town Hall event on February 7, 2016 in Peterborough, New Hampshire. Cruz, who won the Iowa caucus, is hoping for another strong showing in Tuesday's New Hampshire primary despite the state's more moderate base. (Photo bySpencer Platt/Getty
Texans for Fiscal Responsibility announced in a video and statement Monday its endorsement of Republican presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)97%.

“Ted Cruz is a principled, commonsense conservative who has done in Washington precisely what he said he was going to do,” said Michael Quinn Sullivan, the president of TFR, in a video. “Ted Cruz has taken on the Washington establishment cartel of Democrats and liberal Republicans, unabashedly defending our constitutional liberties by promoting the principles of liberty.”

“I appreciate the support of Texans for Fiscal Responsibility. I’m committed to scrubbing the budget of unconstitutional spending to ensure taxpayer dollars are spent wisely,” said Cruz.

“No responsible parent would leave their children with hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt; we should not allow the government to do this to our children and grandchildren either,” Cruz said. “It’s time for Washington to tighten its belt – no more reckless spending or handing out favors to K-Street lobbyists while hard-working Americans are left to foot the bill.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/08/2972188/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: February 15, 2016, 01:32:42 PM »
Ted Cruz releases Supreme Court ad after Justice Antonin Scalia's death
By Tal Kopan, CNN
February 15, 2016 | Video Source: CNN

Washington (CNN)Sen. Ted Cruz is out with a new ad highlighting the importance of the Supreme Court in the presidential race just days after the sudden death of Justice Antonin Scalia.

The ad, released to supporters Sunday night, does not mention Scalia's death, announced Saturday. The ad is about the importance of Supreme Court nominations more generally. The Cruz campaign did not immediately respond to a question about when the ad was cut.

The spot will air in South Carolina, which holds its Republican primary Saturday, and mainly focuses on the front-runner in the race: Donald Trump.

"Life, marriage, religious liberty, the Second Amendment. We're just one Supreme Court justice away from losing them all," the narrator says over an image of the court building.

It then cuts to file footage of Trump on "Meet the Press" in 1999, asked by the late host Tim Russert if he would ban partial-birth abortions.

"Well look, I'm very pro-choice," Trump answers. "I am pro-choice in every respect."

Trump has said he has changed his mind and is now anti-abortion as he runs for the GOP presidential nomination.

Even before the death of the longest-serving justice, who was a conservative icon and the intellectual firepower behind conservatives on the bench, candidates for president have been talking about the importance of the court on the trail.

It was already likely the next president would name one justice or more to the court for a lifetime appointment, and both Democrats and Republicans have stumped on how that could reshape the make-up of the court.

Scalia's death has only intensified that existing debate -- especially as Republicans say the Senate should not vote on a nominee from President Barack Obama and instead wait for the next president.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/15/politics/ted-cruz-justice-antonin-scalia-supreme-court-ad/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: February 17, 2016, 10:42:32 AM »
Medal of Honor Recipient Dakota Meyer Has Officially Endorsed a Candidate for President
BY JOE PERTICONE
SHARETWEETEMAIL
2016-02-16

Medal of Honor recipient and United States Marine Corps Sergeant Dakota Meyer endorsed Ted Cruz for President, the Cruz campaign announced Tuesday.

In a statement from the campaign, Meyer praised Cruz and called the 2016 election “a turning point for our country.” Meyer, who is the third recipient of the military’s highest honor since the Vietnam War, added:

“I am confident that Ted Cruz has the ability and resolve to be Commander-in-Chief. His record of standing up and fighting for what he believes in shows that he is not someone who buckles under pressure. Ted is ready to led this country – and I look forward to help uniting conservatives and veterans behind this campaign.”

Also in the statement, Cruz called Meyer “a man of great courage and principle” who “served our country dutifully and honorably.”

Continuing his gratitude for Meyer’s endorsement, Cruz said:

“We need to restore America’s leadership in the world at a time when Obama’s foreign policy has put America and it’s national security interests in jeopardy. I am honored to have Dakota’s support and have him as part of our team to help win the White House in 2016.”
Meyer, age 27, received the Medal of Honor for his heroic actions in Afghanistan in September of 2009. He received the prestigious honor two years later.

Cruz, who won the Iowa caucuses, takes the endorsement in stride as he continues his campaign before the South Carolina primary begins this Saturday.

“We need a Commander-in-Chief who works with our allies and makes it known that certain actions against the United States and its allies will not be tolerated,” Meyer said.

http://www.ijreview.com/2016/02/539358-medal-of-honor-recipient-dakota-meyer-endorses-ted-cruz-for-president/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: February 17, 2016, 08:00:02 PM »
James Dobson Urges SC Voters to Back Ted Cruz Over Trump

Image: James Dobson Urges SC Voters to Back Ted Cruz Over Trump (Michael Holahan/The Augusta Chronicle via AP)
By Todd Beamon
Wednesday, 17 Feb 2016

Evangelical broadcaster James Dobson is encouraging South Carolina voters to back Sen. Ted Cruz as the only viable alternative to Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump.

"Other Republicans are certainly worthy of consideration, but at this point it looks like a vote for anyone other than Ted Cruz is a vote for Donald Trump," Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, told supporters in a recorded message paid for by Courageous Conservatives PAC.

The group is supporting Cruz, The New York Times reports. Dobson's message was part of a robocall effort by the super PAC that began over the weekend.

"For people of faith, who care about religious liberty, life and marriage, it's time for us to rally around Senator Ted Cruz," Dobson said.

In December, Dobson backed Cruz's run for the nomination.

Rick Shaftan, lead strategist for Courageous Conservatives, confirmed the message to the Times.

He said the group was planning two radio ads attacking Trump — on whether he would appoint conservatives to replace Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia and bashing the developer's views on abortion.

"We're going to say it," Shaftan told the Times. "Let him call us liars.

"That's what South Carolina's all about, man," he said. "Let the missiles fly."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/james-dobson-ted-cruz-south-carolina-primary/2016/02/17/id/714818/#ixzz40UMHJDGu

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: February 23, 2016, 11:59:07 AM »
He's right.

Actually, Ted Cruz Does Want To Round Up Every Undocumented Immigrant
Walls, border patrols and biometric scanners, oh my.
Nick Visser
Reporter, The Huffington Post 
02/22/2016

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) has taken a page from Donald Trump's presidential campaign playbook, hardening his rhetoric against undocumented immigrants.

Cruz told Fox News host Bill O'Reilly on Monday that yes, should he be elected president, his administration would deport all 12 million undocumented people estimated to be in the U.S. and wouldn't allow them to return.

"We should enforce the law ... federal law requires that anyone here illegally that's apprehended should be deported," Cruz said. "Of course" he'd look for undocumented immigrants, he said.

Cruz said America would build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, triple the border force and establish biometric entry systems "so we will know the day someone overstays their visa."

The senator's comments represent an escalation in rhetoric from a candidate who rejected the notion of a "deportation force" of "jackboots" just last month, and lambasted the idea after it was proposed by GOP front-runner Trump. Cruz in January said such a policy would reflect "a police state," adding, "That's not how we enforce the law for any crime."

Cruz was pressed on the issue Monday by O'Reilly, who asked if he would seek out fictitious Irishman Tommy O'Malley and deport him for overstaying his visa.

"You better believe it," Cruz said. "Both Donald Trump and Marco Rubio would allow those 12 million people to become U.S. citizens. I will not."

Multiple recent estimates of the undocumented population indicate that Cruz was overstating the number. Think tank Center for Migration Studies estimated there were 10.9 million people living in the U.S. without authorization as of 2014, and Pew Research Center estimated there were were 11.3 million the same year.

When Cruz talks about finding and deporting undocumented immigrants, it's also worth remembering who he's talking about. Pew estimated that 4 million undocumented immigrants lived with U.S.-born children (minors and adults) as of 2012. The number of parents of Americans could be higher since they might not live together. Nearly 700,000 undocumented immigrants are young people who came to the U.S. as children and were approved for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, which allows them to stay in the country and work on a temporary basis. Cruz also promised to dismantle that program. Of undocumented immigrants in general, Pew estimates that 62 percent as of 2012 had lived in the U.S. for at least a decade.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-deport-12-million-undocumented_us_56cbd9fbe4b0928f5a6d147a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #442 on: February 23, 2016, 12:02:06 PM »
James Dobson Urges SC Voters to Back Ted Cruz Over Trump

Image: James Dobson Urges SC Voters to Back Ted Cruz Over Trump (Michael Holahan/The Augusta Chronicle via AP)
By Todd Beamon
Wednesday, 17 Feb 2016

Evangelical broadcaster James Dobson is encouraging South Carolina voters to back Sen. Ted Cruz as the only viable alternative to Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump.

"Other Republicans are certainly worthy of consideration, but at this point it looks like a vote for anyone other than Ted Cruz is a vote for Donald Trump," Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, told supporters in a recorded message paid for by Courageous Conservatives PAC.

The group is supporting Cruz, The New York Times reports. Dobson's message was part of a robocall effort by the super PAC that began over the weekend.

"For people of faith, who care about religious liberty, life and marriage, it's time for us to rally around Senator Ted Cruz," Dobson said.

In December, Dobson backed Cruz's run for the nomination.

Rick Shaftan, lead strategist for Courageous Conservatives, confirmed the message to the Times.

He said the group was planning two radio ads attacking Trump — on whether he would appoint conservatives to replace Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia and bashing the developer's views on abortion.

"We're going to say it," Shaftan told the Times. "Let him call us liars.

"That's what South Carolina's all about, man," he said. "Let the missiles fly."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/james-dobson-ted-cruz-south-carolina-primary/2016/02/17/id/714818/#ixzz40UMHJDGu

Is that the same James Dobson who says you can cure your son of "gayness" by showering with him so he can see your adult penis ...therefore curing or rendering him immune from gayness?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: February 23, 2016, 02:13:53 PM »
Poll: Cruz Leads Trump By 8 Points in Texas

Image: Poll: Cruz Leads Trump By 8 Points in Texas   (Getty Images)
By Cathy Burke   |    Tuesday, 23 Feb 2016

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is beating GOP presidential rival Donald Trump in the Lone State State ahead of next week's Super Tuesday primary voting, a new poll shows.

The University of Texas and Texas Tribune survey released Tuesday shows Cruz with an 8-point lead.

Here's the breakdown:
•Cruz: 37 percent
•Trump: 29 percent
•Florida Sen. Marco Rubio: 15 percent
•Jeb Bush: 6 percent
•Ohio Gov. John Kasich: 5 percent
•Retired pediatric neurosurgeon Ben Carson: 4 percent.

The survey's margin of error is 3.49 percentage points.

"These numbers reflect what most of us think was going on in Texas: It's decent ground for Donald Trump because he's a national candidate who's touched a nerve everywhere, but it displays a little bit of a homefield advantage for Ted Cruz," Daron Shaw, co-director of the poll and a professor of government at the University of Texas at Austin, tells the Texas Tribune.

Shaw said the poll was completed on the eve of the South Carolina primary and its outcome — and Jeb Bush's decision to drop out — could change the dynamics in Texas.

"There was no redemption in Texas for Jeb Bush, even before South Carolina," added Jim Henson, director of the Texas Politics Project at UT-Austin and the poll's co-director.

ttp://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Texas-Poll-Cruz-Leads-Trump/2016/02/23/id/715666/#ixzz4121o9JCI

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: February 23, 2016, 07:30:11 PM »
Poll: Cruz Leads Trump By 8 Points in Texas

I bet that lead dissolves if Cruz finishes 3rd or worse tonight.

If trump wins 3 straight, it'll be tough to argue he isn't going to win it all.  Even for RINO apologists in love with Rubio's dimples ;)

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #445 on: February 23, 2016, 08:44:11 PM »
I bet that lead dissolves if Cruz finishes 3rd or worse tonight.

If trump wins 3 straight, it'll be tough to argue he isn't going to win it all.  Even for RINO apologists in love with Rubio's dimples ;)
240, we said a couple months ago... If Trump got traction in the early states no one would stop him. Your guy Cruz may win Texas but that will only be a blip on the radar.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: February 23, 2016, 09:04:34 PM »
240, we said a couple months ago... If Trump got traction in the early states no one would stop him. Your guy Cruz may win Texas but that will only be a blip on the radar.

i've said from minute one that while cruz is my guy, I'm 100% sure Trump will steamroll his way to the nomination.  (then he either wins or loses 40 states... it's not close)

The repub base just loves his celebrity and vague catch phrases.  It's obama fever for repubs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: February 24, 2016, 08:05:06 AM »
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott Endorses Cruz

Image: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott Endorses Cruz
Wednesday, 24 Feb 2016

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is endorsing Sen. Ted Cruz for president in his home state.

Abbott becomes the senator's highest profile endorsement to date. Abbott will formally back Cruz at an event Wednesday at 1 p.m. later today, CNN reports. The announcement comes just six days before Texans head to the polls in the Republican primary.

After 8 years of relentless attacks on our values from this White House, it's our duty as Texas conservatives to support a leader we can trust to restore our values and move this country forward," Abbott  said in a video releaed Wednesday. "That's why I'm supporting Ted Cruz for president."

Cruz has wooed the governor's endorsement for months, praising his efforts on immigration -- the key issue for Abbott, who strongly favors blocking illegal immigration in the border state.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Abbott-endorses-cruz-texas/2016/02/24/id/715827/#ixzz416NzVTnF

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #448 on: February 24, 2016, 07:47:08 PM »
Is that the same James Dobson who says you can cure your son of "gayness" by showering with him so he can see your adult penis ...therefore curing or rendering him immune from gayness?

Wait... what? Is this a joke?!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #449 on: February 24, 2016, 08:12:11 PM »