Author Topic: Cruz 2016  (Read 90478 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Cruz 2016
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2013, 04:03:34 PM »
McCain on Cruz in 2016
Posted by
CNN's Ashley Killough

(CNN) - Asked Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" whether Sen. Ted Cruz would be an "attractive" presidential candidate in 2016, Sen. John McCain said he couldn't predict the future but said the Texas Republican will be "very attractive to many" in Cruz's conservative base.

"The question is," he added, "will our party be able to field a winning presidential candidate and vice president so that we can win the election rather than – unfortunately, the record of the last couple has not been what we want it to be.

"I can say that from a personal standpoint," the 2008 Republican presidential nominee told CNN Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger.

Cruz hasn't said he plans to run in the next presidential cycle, but his multiple trips to early primary and caucus states - coupled with his meteoric rise among conservatives - has fueled speculation that he may be interested in a White House bid.

Asked about his plans in an interview with CNN Chief Congressional Correspondent Dana Bash, Cruz said he's focused "entirely" on his job in the U.S. Senate.

He said the reason he has traveled to early voting states is because he's trying to "make the case to the American people."

"You don't get 2 million people signing a national petition without going directly to the people," he said, referring to the "Don't Fund Obamacare" website.

The Republican attended a GOP fundraiser in New Hampshire in August, gave the keynote address at a GOP dinner in South Carolina in May and visited Iowa twice this summer for separate events. He returns to the Hawkeye State for a third time this week to speak at a dinner in Des Moines and to be a guest at Rep. Steve King's annual Col. Bud Day Pheasant Hunt.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/20/mccain-on-cruz-in-2016/?iref=obinsite

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2013, 04:31:58 PM »
Charles Krauthammer thinks the 2016 GOP nominee will come out of the governorships with Christie, Scott Walker and Susanna Martinez being the front runners.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2013, 04:36:46 PM »
The more I listen to whiny libs complain about Cruz, the more I like him. He scares the shit out if them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2013, 04:37:15 PM »
Martinez will be an interesting candidate.  Liked her convention speech a lot.  Want to see what kind of job she has done as governor and how she would plan to lead the country.  Assuming she's running.  

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2013, 04:38:39 PM »
Martinez will be an interesting candidate.  Liked her convention speech a lot.  Want to see what kind of job she has done as governor and how she would plan to lead the country.  Assuming she's running.  

She's been way out on the fringe of GOP nominee talk for a while but I seen that same speech and others and I agree, I think she could be a potential force.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »
She's been way out on the fringe of GOP nominee talk for a while but I seen that same speech and others and I agree, I think she could be a potential force.

Yeah. She was rumored to be on the VP list, but not sure if that came from Romney or the talking heads. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »
The more I listen to whiny libs complain about Cruz, the more I like him. He scares the shit out if them. 

Dems love Cruz

Its Repubs who are scared of him and hate him

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2013, 04:46:19 PM »
Charles Krauthammer thinks the 2016 GOP nominee will come out of the governorships with Christie, Scott Walker and Susanna Martinez being the front runners.

I also think a Governor is the likely nomineee

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2013, 04:53:37 PM »
Dems love Cruz

Its Repubs who are scared of him and hate him

Bullshit.  Your boy Ed Shultz and EVERY lib I have spoken to about him just loses it when his name comes up. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2013, 04:56:42 PM »
I'll vote for Ted Cruz in the GOP primary just like I did for Santorum with hopes of making him the candidate and assuring Hillary or whatever Democrat is opposing him is the next POTUS.  Texas is fast turning purple.  If it's Hillary vs Cruz, Texas is in play.  At a minimum.  You morons had better get it together, because once Dem's start winning Texas your party is finished at the Presidential level. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2013, 04:57:20 PM »
Bullshit.  Your boy Ed Shultz and EVERY lib I have spoken to about him just loses it when his name comes up. 

Truth.  You always know who the biggest threat is, based on the reaction liberals have.  He is the new liberal boogyman.  

Check out Alinsky/Obama's rules.  They will be demonizing Cruz, just like they did with Romney.  The opposition research teams are probably hard at work.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »
I'll vote for Ted Cruz in the GOP primary just like I did for Santorum with hopes of making him the candidate and assuring Hillary or whatever Democrat is opposing him is the next POTUS.  Texas is fast turning purple.  If it's Hillary vs Cruz, Texas is in play.  At a minimum.  You morons had better get it together, because once Dem's start winning Texas your party is finished at the Presidential level. 

Perfect lead in to my point. If Cruz is sooooo bad, then why wouldnt you half-wits want him to win the nomination and ensure victory?   Like Beach said, as soon as your type gets scared they have to demonize because they have zero ability to win on REAL issues.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2013, 05:05:19 PM »
Perfect lead in to my point. If Cruz is sooooo bad, then why wouldnt you half-wits want him to win the nomination and ensure victory?   Like Beach said, as soon as your type gets scared they have to demonize because they have zero ability to win on REAL issues.

I want him on the ticket.  I am a card carrying Liberal.  He puts Texas in play in 2016.  I'll put Cruz 2016 signs on my lawn and post pics here.  Please, if there is a GOD let Ted Cruz be the GOP nominee!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2013, 05:08:55 PM »
I want him on the ticket.  I am a card carrying Liberal.  He puts Texas in play in 2016.  I'll put Cruz 2016 signs on my lawn and post pics here.  Please, if there is a GOD let Ted Cruz be the GOP nominee!!

He would win Texas in a landslide.  Go ahead and support him.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2013, 05:11:34 PM »

LOL @ Shultz being my boy when I'ever never even seen his show.

Dems love Cruz but just not for the same reason that you love him
I assumed that was obvious but once again I've overestimated the intelligence of a right winger on this board.   If you are unaware or ignorant of the fact that many Repubs hate and fear Cruz and more importantly the reason why,  I won't waste my time trying to explain it to you.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2013, 05:14:12 PM »
LOL @ Shultz being my boy when I'ever never even seen his show.

Dems love Cruz but just not for the same reason that you love him
I assumed that was obvious but once again I've overestimated the intelligence of a right winger on this board.   If you are unaware or ignorant of the fact that many Repubs hate and fear Cruz and more importantly the reason why,  I won't waste my time trying to explain it to you.

O know exactly why the repubs hate him and I certainlt dont need any explanation from you.  He scares the idiot repub establishment more than your liberal panty wastes.  And I love it. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »
He would win Texas in a landslide.  Go ahead and support him.

After 3 more years of this disastrous presidency, he would win by 20 points, easily.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2013, 05:27:25 PM »
After 3 more years of this disastrous presidency, he would win by 20 points, easily.

I think so too.  I love that he is moving the repubs farther to the right. And I dont care that people think they cant win if they do.  The REAL problem in the last two elections was repub candidates that didnt get the party fired up. Cruz can do this.  Infortunately he is going to have both sides smearing him.  Like Ron Paul did. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2013, 05:47:52 PM »
O know exactly why the repubs hate him and I certainlt dont need any explanation from you.  He scares the idiot repub establishment more than your liberal panty wastes.  And I love it. 

so you at least know that Repubs hate him but do you know WHY

because they know he is un-electable in a national election and all he does is harm the party as whole

which is the reason why Dems love him

You idiots haven't learned anything from watching Ron Paul crash and burn in the last two elections in spite of raising a ton of money

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »
so you at least know that Repubs hate him but do you know WHY

because they know he is un-electable in a national election and all he does is harm the party as whole

which is the reason why Dems love him

You idiots haven't learned anything from watching Ron Paul crash and burn in the last two elections in spite of raising a ton of money

Nope. The real reason they hate him is because he calls them out on bullshit and is forcing their hand. The turnout in 12 was pathetic and someone like him can re-energize the true base of the party and it scares the hacks like Graham, boehner, etc. shitless.

The establishment in DC on both sides have no interest in giving up their power to someone like him. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2013, 06:21:23 PM »
Nope. The real reason they hate him is because he calls them out on bullshit and is forcing their hand. The turnout in 12 was pathetic and someone like him can re-energize the true base of the party and it scares the hacks like Graham, boehner, etc. shitless.

The establishment in DC on both sides have no interest in giving up their power to someone like him. 

I've heard this argument before

you believe that some huge amount of Republican voters stayed home because they didn't get candidate that was far enough to the right and that once you get a Cruz or Paul on that national ticket that this secret hoard of Repubs will show up and take the day

We'll ignore for the moment all he swing voters you will lose and all the moderate Repubs that will choose to stay home

Do I have your basic belief correct?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »

you believe that some huge amount of Republican voters stayed home because they didn't get candidate that was far enough to the right and that once you get a Cruz or Paul on that national ticket that this secret hoard of Repubs will show up and take the day

We'll ignore for the moment all he swing voters you will lose and all the moderate Repubs that will choose to stay home

BINGO!!  Yes, you've summed it up correctly. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »
Martinez will be an interesting candidate.  Liked her convention speech a lot.  Want to see what kind of job she has done as governor and how she would plan to lead the country.  Assuming she's running. 

Disagree.  She treated guns as props during this speech, she was too eager to please.  Zero gravitas.  All cheerleading and overacting.

Seriously, she's 4 years away from the serious sophistication that we see with a Jeb, a christie even.  You know, that mature and serious nature.  She kept saying lines like "you know, my guns, that I keep by my bedside, my rifle, am I right everyone?"

Sorry, that kind of over the top obnoxiousness with the gun talk is obvious weak pandering.  She'll be an excellent candidate once she stops being that fake cheeked, too eager to please pandering type like Rubio.

Until then, let those with the SERIOUS look on their face run the party - jeb, jindal, rand, christie, thune, huntsmann, etc.  You know what I"m talking about - romney with the fake smile, rubio with the fake smile, martinez - I just think in a debate against hilary and her GRAVITAS, they'll look SOFT.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2013, 04:20:43 PM »

In part.  I dont think the number of swing voters is even remotely accurate. The vast majority of them just dont want to disclose their views or voting, imo.  I could be wrong but I often act as one to get peoples real views on issues. 

And I really dont care if the RINO's, I dont think there are many moderate repubs anyway, on.  They are the real problem with the party anyway. 

I just really think its time for a strong third party. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2013, 04:28:58 PM »
Disagree.  She treated guns as props during this speech, she was too eager to please.  Zero gravitas.  All cheerleading and overacting.

Seriously, she's 4 years away from the serious sophistication that we see with a Jeb, a christie even.  You know, that mature and serious nature.  She kept saying lines like "you know, my guns, that I keep by my bedside, my rifle, am I right everyone?"

Sorry, that kind of over the top obnoxiousness with the gun talk is obvious weak pandering.  She'll be an excellent candidate once she stops being that fake cheeked, too eager to please pandering type like Rubio.

Until then, let those with the SERIOUS look on their face run the party - jeb, jindal, rand, christie, thune, huntsmann, etc.  You know what I"m talking about - romney with the fake smile, rubio with the fake smile, martinez - I just think in a debate against hilary and her GRAVITAS, they'll look SOFT.

Yes, yes, and Huntsman was going to be the Republican nominee, Crist was going to win the Senate, Bachman for president, etc., etc. 

Don't quit your day job.