Author Topic: Cruz 2016  (Read 90399 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Cruz 2016
« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2014, 10:29:34 AM »
Ted Cruz bucks the establishment, again
By Jeremy Diamond, CNN

where can I order a Ted Cruz T-shirt?   I will wear that thing twice a week.  Love this candidate.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2014, 10:46:27 AM »
I love hearing all the RINOS and the democrats like peter king get their panties twisted over Cruz...

"Waaahh, we were already to go on vacation, we had our little bandaid, cave-in legislation all ready to go as usual, so we could tell our constituents we 'did something', and here comes Cruz again trying to get us to do the right thing!! Ugh i hate him!!"

Hahhaha, fucking losers, the american people are laughing at you. Cruz is the only one actually trying to fix the problem

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
I love hearing all the RINOS and the democrats like peter king get their panties twisted over Cruz...

"Waaahh, we were already to go on vacation, we had our little bandaid, cave-in legislation all ready to go as usual, so we could tell our constituents we 'did something', and here comes Cruz again trying to get us to do the right thing!! Ugh i hate him!!"

Hahhaha, fucking losers, the american people are laughing at you. Cruz is the only one actually trying to fix the problem

Speaking of congressional vacation:

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2014, 12:39:12 PM »
where can I order a Ted Cruz T-shirt?   I will wear that thing twice a week.  Love this candidate.

That is one thing I have to say in defense of 240...I don't understand where he is coming from alot of times and he gets portrayed as a liberal leaning lefty but he has always been firm in his backing of Cruz.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »
That is one thing I have to say in defense of 240...I don't understand where he is coming from alot of times and he gets portrayed as a liberal leaning lefty but he has always been firm in his backing of Cruz.

I like cruz a lot.  He was a little inconsistent during the shutdown, but he's head and shoulders above the rest of the GOP crop and anyone the Dems can throw at 2016.

See that - because I can admit the candidate I like has a flaw - the downplaying of his role in the shutdown/displacing blame - I will be called a raging liberal piece of shite. 

If I'm asking an opinion of a candidate, I put more faith in an assessment which includes some flaws too.  When I hear "So-and-so is perfect, zero flaws, zero mistakes", I have to wonder.   So I'll get shit on for saying that about him.  But yeah, Cruz is gonna be fiscally responsible.  He will close up the border.  He will get us out of the world police business.  No republican will, we know that.  No dem will, we know that too.  Cruz has been consistent, even when his own party and FOX shit all over him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #280 on: August 29, 2014, 04:07:11 PM »
Ted Cruz feeds 2016 buzz with hires
By BURGESS EVERETT and JOHN BRESNAHAN | 8/28/14

Ted Cruz is beefing up his political staff as speculation heats up that the Texas senator may run for president in 2016.

The Republican firebrand is adding muscle to his campaign and political operations to help Cruz and his staff keep up with the growing political demands on Cruz since he arrived in the Senate in 2013 and achieved fame — or notoriety, depending on one’s view.

Joel Mowbray, a consultant for a foreign policy think tank, has been volunteering for the political operation and “will end up playing a role” on the paid political staff, the adviser said. Nick Muzin, a former top House Republican Conference aide that now works in Cruz’s congressional office as a deputy chief of staff, will be working on coalitions building and outreach for Cruz’s political operation.

(Also on POLITICO: Michael Steele: Beware pizza with Ted Cruz)

Jason Miller, who’s advised prominent conservatives like Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) and Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), has been brought on to “to put together a more robust communications operation,” the adviser said, while longtime GOP presidential campaign hand and Axiom Strategies founder Jeff Roe has been brought on board to build out the political organization. Lauren Lofstron will work on fundraising. Those three hires were first reported by the Washington Examiner.

Chip Roy, Cruz’s chief of staff, also received $1,100 in July for political consulting for the senator’s leadership PAC — though this is not Roy’s first work on the political side for Cruz, the adviser said. Both GOP Sens. Rand Paul of Kentucky and Marco Rubio of Florida have moved their chiefs from their congressional offices to their political operations — but Roy isn’t going anywhere yet.

Several Cruz aides sought to dispel rumors that Roy is stepping away from Cruz’s congressional office to engage in politics full-time. Roy remains Cruz’s chief of staff, they said.

“[Cruz’s] leadership, his travel, the positions he’s taken; all of the above have created a real demand. We are making sure we are adding new resources,” a Cruz adviser said Thursday evening. “The only way to achieve change is to build a robust grassroots army,” the adviser added, which “takes a lot of work.”

Though Cruz has not announced that he will run for president, the work of several more experienced political hands in his shop will allow a 2016 campaign to more easily rev up. And most tapped-in Republicans inside and outside Washington believe Cruz is indeed eyeing the White House, with his growing sway on the right, increased visibility stumping for conservative candidates and a book on the way for 2015.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/2016-elections-ted-cruz-110437.html#ixzz3BpEICVNf

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #281 on: August 29, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »
Cruz can run on how he shut down the government and helped create gridlock by blocking everything he could

That should endear to to the majority of the country who we all know loves gridlock and partisan bickering

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: September 02, 2014, 01:39:57 PM »
Cruz fires up conservatives, says bomb Islamic State 'back to the Stone Age'
Published August 31, 2014
FoxNews.com

Sen. Ted Cruz, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, made clear this weekend his foreign policy strategy for dealing with the militant group Islamic State: “bomb them back to the Stone Age.”

"They want to go back and reject modernity," he said. "Well, I think we should help them. We ought to bomb them back to the Stone Age."

Cruz, R-Texas, made his remarks Saturday in Dallas at a summit for Americans for Prosperity, the political arm of the billionaire GOP donors Charles and David Koch.

The influential gathering of conservatives also included speeches by a few other potential 2016 GOP White House candidates -- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.

Cruz also staked out his position on such domestic issues as the U.S. border-illegal immigration crisis and the Affordable Care Act.

“In the year 2017, a Republican president in the Rose Garden is going to sign a bill repealing every word of ObamaCare," he said.

Cruz joked about inviting President Obama to the southern border to see where thousands of unaccompanied immigrant children have poured into the country. The president declined such an invitation from Perry.

"I figured out the only way there is a chance in heaven he might come (is if) I'm inviting him to come to a golf course," Cruz said.

A crowd of more than 3,000 at a hotel ballroom serenaded him with calls of "Run Ted, Run."

However, Cruz ignored direct questions about a presidential campaign when he met with reporters after the speech.

He told conservatives in the audience, "Each of you is here because we are part of a grassroots fire that is sweeping this country. … We are building an army."

On Friday, Perry and Paul pounced on Obama's "we don't have a strategy yet" comments earlier in the week regarding the violent militant faction of Islamic State attacking cities in Iraq.

"Yesterday, the president admitted he had no strategy to deal with ISIS," Perry said, drawing hoots and hisses from a packed convention hall. "The deepening chaos in Iraq, Syria, Gaza, and Ukraine is all the clear and compelling evidence the world needs of a president one step behind, lurching from crisis to crisis."

Paul fired up the audience by suggesting that Obama's lack of leadership showed he'd been on the job too long.

Republicans criticizing Obama's foreign policy is nothing new, but there are deepening divisions within the GOP over how to move forward.

The broader debate pits those who favor the GOP's traditional muscular foreign policy -- a group that includes Perry and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio -- and those, like Paul and Cruz, who prefer a smaller international footprint. The so-called isolationist approach plays well with grassroots activists and a war-weary public, but worries many Republican officials and donors who prefer an aggressive American role in world affairs.

The intra-party divisions largely weren't much on display at the Americans for Prosperity event, but will become clearer as the crowded group of possible presidential candidates tries to distinguish themselves in the coming months.

Pence didn't mention Obama's comments. He told the Associated Press afterward only that “the president of the United States is the commander of chief of our armed forces. I wouldn't want to prejudge what his military advisers counsel."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/31/cruz-fires-up-conservatives-says-bomb-islamic-state-back-to-stone-age/?intcmp=trending

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: September 02, 2014, 01:50:07 PM »
Nothing is obvious about who the nominee will be nearly two years out.  Too much can happen. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: September 29, 2014, 03:32:18 PM »
September 27, 2014
Cruz clinches straw poll gold again
By Julian Hattem

Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz won the Value Voters Summit presidential straw poll on Saturday.

The crowd burst onto applause on Saturday, as Family Research Council President Tony Perkins announced that Cruz won 25 percent of votes at the annual Washington conference.

The victory is a big victory to the Republican firebrand and Tea Party icon, coming just a day after he drew standing ovations with a religious and emotional speech that blasted ObamaCare, congressional Democrats and called for Republicans to take over the White House in 2016.
Cruz also won the straw poll in 2013.

Coming in second was neurosurgeon Ben Carson, a political novice who has a large following in conservative circles but said earlier this week that there is a “strong” likelihood that he would run for president. He won 20 percent of the votes.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) came in third, with 12 percent of the vote.

As a signal of Carson’s popularity at the summit, the former Johns Hopkins University neurosurgeon came in first in the polling for vice president, winning 22 percent of the votes.

Cruz was the runner up in that contest, with 14 percent. Third was Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) — who earned surprising admiration in his Friday evening address, despite his low showing in recent polls of potential 2016 contenders — with 11 percent of the vote.

The annual Washington summit is considered a right of passage for prospective Republican presidential candidates, and served as an opportunity for aspirants to make some of their most direct pitches to social conservatives before announcing their ambitions next year.

The notable absence from the winners' list of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) — another senator who is considered to be strongly eyeing a presidential run — is a sign of pervasive skepticism from the religious right.

Paul’s libertarian leanings have won him supporters among the young and tech-savvy, but he has yet to make inroads among Christian conservatives. The poor showing comes despite his attempts on Friday to appeal to the summit’s religious leanings.

The summit also asks participants which issues they care about most deeply.

“Protecting religious liberty” easily won that contest with 39 percent of the vote, followed by abortion and “protecting natural marriage.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/219099-cruz-wins-value-voters-straw-poll

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: September 29, 2014, 03:41:16 PM »
I hope cruz wins the nomination.

These weak ass RINOs aren't winning elections.  Two tries, two fails. Get a true conservative in there!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: September 29, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »
Ted Cruz: No decision yet on 2016
By BURGESS EVERETT | 9/29/14

Ted Cruz has sent every signal that he’s preparing to run for president in 2016 — but on Monday denied that he’s made a decision to seek the White House.

The Texas GOP senator blasted out a statement on Facebook knocking anonymous comments attributed to an “adviser” in a National Journal story that predicted there’s a better than 90 percent chance that the conservative firebrand will run for president.

“Heidi and I have not made any decisions about political plans past the mid-term elections. Clearly we have an overzealous supporter out there making freelance comments, but to be clear, no decision has been made. Whoever this ‘anonymous advisor’ was, he or she had no authority to speak, and doesn’t know what they’re talking about,” Cruz said in the Facebook post.

Cruz has been staffing up the political side of his operation for weeks now, though aides have said those moves are intended to create a platform for a potential Cruz presidential run rather than a definite presidential campaign machine. Typically, neither Cruz nor his aides have pushed back against the suggestion that he’s a White House aspirant — until Monday’s statement.

On Friday at the Values Voter conference Cruz won a straw poll, was cheered on by activists chanting, “run, Ted run” and made veiled references to the importance of the 2016 election and repealing Obamacare in 2017. Over the weekend Cruz packed his schedule with events in Iowa, the first presidential caucus state.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/ted-cruz-2016-decision-111434.html#ixzz3EkVf6Ve8

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #287 on: September 29, 2014, 04:22:45 PM »

These weak ass RINOs aren't winning elections.  Two tries, two fails. Get a true conservative in there!

Not a snowball chance in hell of that happening but it would definitely be fun to see him in the primaries and then we'll likely get to see more of his Dad who is even crazier than he is.

I hope Romney and Santorum decided to run too

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: September 29, 2014, 05:23:54 PM »
You haven't jumped on the Ben Carson bandwagon yet?

I like him a lot, but think he lacks the national profile of a Cruz.  Prove me wrong :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2014, 12:28:25 PM »
Report: Ted Cruz Getting Ready To Run For President In 2016

Source: National Journal/This Week Magazine

First-term Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is preparing to run for president in 2016, with an announcement from the Tea Party star possibly coming at the end of this year. "At this point it's 90/10 he's in," a Cruz adviser told National Journal. "And honestly, 90 is lowballing it."

The focus for a presidential campaign could end up being foreign policy, with Cruz positioning himself against his potential rival, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, who is known for advocating a more non-interventionist approach.

"Is it true that the American people are war-weary? Absolutely," Cruz told the magazine. "We are tired of sending our sons and daughters to distant lands year after year after year, to give their lives trying to transform foreign nations. But I think it's a serious misreading of the American people to conclude that we are unwilling to defend ourselves, that we are unwilling to be strong and vigorous defending U.S. national security."

Read more: http://theweek.com/speedreads/index/268965/speedreads-report-ted-cruz-getting-ready-to-run-for-president-in-2016

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #290 on: September 30, 2014, 02:38:22 PM »

yes! it will make the race much more interesting.
w

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #291 on: October 01, 2014, 06:22:34 PM »
Not a snowball chance in hell of that happening but it would definitely be fun to see him in the primaries and then we'll likely get to see more of his Dad who is even crazier than he is.

I hope Romney and Santorum decided to run too

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: October 07, 2014, 07:50:04 PM »
That ship has sailed. 

Cruz: Amend U.S. Constitution to Preserve Marriage Bans
by Aman Batheja Oct. 6, 2014

Hours after the U.S. Supreme Court paved the way for same-sex marriage bans to be lifted in five states, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz called Monday for amending the U.S. Constitution to prevent either the federal government or the U.S. Supreme Court from overturning a state's ban on same-sex marriage.

Cruz announced his plans in a statement Monday in response to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to let stand appeals court rulings allowing same-sex marriages in Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. Cruz called the court's decision to let those rulings stand "tragic and indefensible" and expressed concern that it would lead to the overturning of same-sex marriage bans in every state.

Like other statewide Republican officials in Texas, Cruz has been an ardent defender of the state's same-sex marriage ban, which was approved by Texas voters as an amendment to the Texas Constitution in 2005. The Texas ban was ruled unconstitutional by a U.S. District Judge in February. The state immediately appealed that ruling to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.

"When Congress returns to session, I will be introducing a constitutional amendment to prevent the federal government or the courts from attacking or striking down state marriage laws," Cruz said. “Traditional marriage is an institution whose integrity and vitality are critical to the health of any society. We should remain faithful to our moral heritage and never hesitate to defend it.”

http://www.texastribune.org/2014/10/06/cruz-amend-us-constitution-preserve-marriage-bans/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #293 on: October 07, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it  :D

I am praying to Jesus, Allah, Satan, all the Hindu Gods, and Quetzalcoatl that Cruz will run

I'm only praying 4 times a day

do you think that is enough to get the message through to Jesus's dad?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #294 on: October 07, 2014, 10:14:53 PM »
I am praying to Jesus, Allah, Satan, all the Hindu Gods, and Quetzalcoatl that Cruz will run

I'm only praying 4 times a day

do you think that is enough to get the message through to Jesus's dad?

Im hoping Cruz and Carson both runs.

Its gonna be great and by great i mean hilarious.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #295 on: October 08, 2014, 10:07:13 PM »
"would be like watching two retards trying to fuck a doorknob".

-Patches O'Houlihan

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2014, 10:25:18 AM »
I have seen him a few times in interviews and he lacks charisma.  Sort of comes across a little snobbish at times too.  Very smart and has been right on the issues, but this could hurt his brand and image, which unfortunately are important on the national stage.

Ted Cruz could struggle to raise funds for presidential run
By TODD J. GILLMAN tgillman@dallasnews.com
Washington Bureau
Published: 01 December 2014 10:59 PM
Updated: 01 December 2014 11:12 PM

WASHINGTON — Sen. Ted Cruz’s ambitions are clear. He’s a frequent visitor to Iowa and New Hampshire. He’s building a campaign staff.

But to make a serious White House bid takes serious money — at least $20 million by the time the first ballots are cast in early 2016. And that could be a challenge.

Although the Texas Republican is popular at conservative gatherings, Cruz has shown only modest success as a fundraiser. Like Ron Paul and Sarah Palin, he can probably count on showers of cash from enthusiastic legions of small-dollar donors, and that’s an important start.

But many major GOP donors and bundlers want nothing to do with a tea party agitator — particularly business interests dismayed by the federal-spending brinkmanship Cruz has advocated. That could limit his ability to elbow aside well-funded rivals.

“There are very few people I’ve seen inspire the grass roots like Ted Cruz,” said Eytan Laor, a Miami Republican who runs a political action committee that backed about 100 conservative federal candidates this year. But “he has a rap on him from people who don’t know him — the government shutdown, not electable, etc. It’s an issue.”

Much of the party’s donor class is rooting for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush or, at the least, waiting to see whether he makes a move.

“The big elephant in the room is Jeb Bush,” said Ray Washburne, a Dallas developer and national finance chairman of the Republican National Committee, who is neutral in the race. “Donors are all waiting to see what Jeb’s move is.”

He added: “You don’t want to be the first mover to Ted Cruz or Rand Paul if Jeb ends up running. Everyone wants to get behind whoever they think is going to win.”

Washburne figures it will take at least $10 million to be viewed as “a legitimate candidate” by the time of the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary in early 2016. And $20million would be better. The contest could be over by mid-April, and the nominee likely will be someone who raked in at least $50 million by then, though fundraising tends to snowball for the winner of early contests.

Cruz raised about $15 million in his insurgent Senate run in 2012. That was enough to shove aside Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, with the help of a wave of tea-party support in the GOP primary. In the last two years, he’s raised an additional $3.8million, plus about $640,000 for a political action committee, the Jobs Growth and Freedom Fund.

Individual donors, as opposed to political committees, account for two-thirds of the revenue.

As an indication of his drawing power, after his overnight Senate talkathon against the Affordable Care Act last year, Cruz raked in more than $200,000 in a single week. And other help is available: Last month, Cruz’s roommate and debate partner from Princeton, David Panton, created a super PAC that can raise and spend unlimited sums to support a candidate. The group is called Stand for Principle.

“I would like him to run for president,” Panton said. “We need strong, moral principles and conservative leadership in America that I think Ted offers.”

Super PACs cannot directly coordinate with a candidate or his campaign. But they can aim at the same goals.

“He is someone I have known a long time, and someone I trust implicitly,” Cruz said of Panton, an Atlanta investor.

Maria Zack, an Atlanta-based GOP operative who served as a top aide in Newt Gingrich’s 2012 campaign, chairs the super PAC. Her goal is to raise $50 million by March 2016. The finance committee held its first conference call a week before Thanksgiving.

“We are building a team,” she said. “I don’t think money will be an issue at all. … He is brilliant and he inspires people and our phones will ring off the hook.”

There are other routes to financial success in presidential campaigns, besides direct fundraising. Having a megadonor as a patron is a nice shortcut.

In 2012, Wyoming investor Foster Friess pumped more than $2 million into former Sen. Rick Santorum’s effort. Las Vegas billionaire Sheldon Adelson, a casino magnate, gave $20million to a super PAC that backed Gingrich, a former House speaker. Although no donor can give more than a few thousand dollars directly to a campaign, the advent of super PACs means there’s no limit on what an individual can spend on behalf of a candidate or cause.

Adelson has met with Jeb Bush and others. Cruz sat beside Adelson at a pro-Israel dinner last month in New York, and they met privately for two hours the next day. So far, the “Adelson primary” has yielded no endorsement.

After the Adelson meeting, Cruz shared lunch with a small group of other Jewish leaders.

According to the New York Observer, he lamented that donors will rally to “moderate establishment” candidates such as Bush, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and perhaps Mitt Romney who, in his view, would lose. “A lot of donors will rush to write them checks. And yet if the nominee comes from that bucket, the same voters who stayed home in 2008 and 2012 will stay home again,” Cruz said.

Cruz ally Michael Needham, chief executive of Heritage Action for America, which supports conservative candidates, said the senator is one of many candidates who will be able to raise the resources needed.

“I know tons of people who would write checks to Ted Cruz, and that goes from the person who can give a one-dollar bill to people who can write much larger checks,” he said. “Ted has inspired millions of people and will have the support to do whatever he wants to do next.”

Conservative leader Gary Bauer, who sought the GOP nomination in 2000, dismissed the idea that Cruz would be too polarizing. He noted the defeats of Romney and Sen. John McCain in the last two presidential elections.

“They were good men but did not excite the base,” he said. “The only way you can win is if you’re an outspoken conservative.”

Laor, the Florida Republican, met Cruz a few years ago and quickly became a fan. He predicted that the Texan will win over skeptics as he barnstorms the country but said that doesn’t alter his huge disadvantage when it comes to fundraising.

“Jeb Bush definitely has a great political machine,” he said. “He’s got an army of donors and other political operatives that he’s worked with over the years.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20141201-ted-cruz-could-struggle-to-raise-funds-for-presidential-run.ece

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: December 02, 2014, 10:35:58 AM »
I have seen him a few times in interviews and he lacks charisma.  Sort of comes across a little snobbish at times too.  Very smart and has been right on the issues, but this could hurt his brand and image, which unfortunately are important on the national stage.

Ted Cruz could struggle to raise funds for presidential run

>:(

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #298 on: December 02, 2014, 04:20:05 PM »
He is Donald Trump aka a carnival barker with a Harvard degree.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: December 02, 2014, 04:49:12 PM »
He is Donald Trump aka a carnival barker with a Harvard degree.

He's much smarter than Trump, sans the net worth.