Author Topic: Pro cycling question  (Read 608 times)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Pro cycling question
« on: May 02, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »
What is it about professional cycling that necessitates the most drug use/abuse out of all other pro sports?

I know PEDs are rampant among almost every pro sport, but is it true what they say about cyclers or does the media just sensationalize the usage of this one niche sport?

deadpan

• Getbig IV
Re: Pro cycling question
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 11:48:52 PM »
they just sensationalize it because a bunch of guys were caught at the tour de france.

it's always light shit like HGH and EPO.

also i think a lot of it has to do with perception. people kind of expect "crazy weightlifters" to take drugs but bicycling seems like a much more innocent sport so it gets more attention

when they found out liao hui took steroids no one batted an eye

but when they find out michael phelps smoked weed it becomes a national scandal

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 11:52:40 PM »
^great response. I've always wondered this. I know cycling is brutal but I couldn't figure out why just this sport had the over the top reputation.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:55:46 AM »
What is it about professional cycling that necessitates the most drug use/abuse out of all other pro sports?

I know PEDs are rampant among almost every pro sport, but is it true what they say about cyclers or does the media just sensationalize the usage of this one niche sport?
you would be surprised who uses...there are performance enhancing drugs meant for symphonic musicians...

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 01:21:23 AM »
you would be surprised who uses...there are performance enhancing drugs meant for symphonic musicians...

are you talking about the whole beta blocker trend with those guys?

i don't think they're actually "meant" for them per se, they just use it to reduce anxiety. even then they're pretty meh. they're more for blood pressure than anything else

i would've gone with benzodiazepines personally.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 01:27:24 AM »
well yes...but the doctor who directed my cycles also wrote prescriptions for brass players who trained to develop greater wind...other than the blockers he never told me what he wrote to help them develop longer and stronger wind.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 01:42:20 AM »
well yes...but the doctor who directed my cycles also wrote prescriptions for brass players who trained to develop greater wind...other than the blockers he never told me what he wrote to help them develop longer and stronger wind.

oh yeah, i can see how that might help. never even considered that aspect