Author Topic: People Who have Left Islam  (Read 18044 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
People Who have Left Islam
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:24:15 PM »
Rianti Rhiannon Cartwright (born 22 September 1983 in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia) is Indonesian actress, model, presenter and VJ.[1] She's best known for her leading role as 'Aisha' in a romantic religious Indonesian hit movie "Ayat-Ayat Cinta"(Verses of Love) in 2008 and become a VJ for MTV Indonesia since 2005.

On September 17, 2010, Rianti secretly married to a singer whose descendants are U.S. citizens of Batak origin, Cas Alfonso Nainggolan, at Saint Patrick's Cathedral, New York, United States. Two weeks before departure to the United States to get married, Rianti left the Muslim faith to become a baptized Catholic with the name Sophie Rianti Rhiannon Cartwright.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Re: Converts from Islam
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 03:28:24 PM »
Sabatina James is an Austrian-Pakistani author.

Sabatina James lived until her tenth year as a Muslim with her family in the city of Dhedar, Pakistan until her family moved to Linz, Austria. Sabatina integrated and assimilated quickly into Austrian society. Her parents were unhappy with this since they understood Austria as a temporary residence. Since restrictions against their daughter were no longer effective, the family decided to send Sabatina to Lahore to marry her cousin. Her parents left her in Pakistan, where she was forced to go to a Madrasa. James consented initially into the marriage with her cousin in order to get back to Austria. Once in Austria, she refused to marry him. Her family threatened to kill her so she was forced into hiding and take on a new identity.[1] This led to a break-up with the family.
Escape

She surviving by sleeping in a shelter and working at a local café in Linz. Her parents harassed her at both places, showing up and ordering her to wed. James escaped to Vienna with the help of friends. There she started a new life, changing her name and converting to Catholicism. James wrote a book about this experience, and her parents sued for defamation. The court ruled in her favor. She was baptized in 2003, in a small Baroque church of a village priest, who was convinced of her inner conversion.[2]

Today, she is an ambassador for the women's rights organization Terre des Femmes and – as stated a convert to Catholic Christianity, and thus Apostate from Islam. Since 2006 her organization is fighting for the equality of Muslim women. The name James she took after her conversion to Christianity. Sabatina was next to Queen Noor of Jordan a jury member of the Women's World Awards 2009 in Vienna.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:20:14 PM »
For every 1 that leave, 20 join.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 09:52:14 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2263727/Mother-Nadia-Mohamed-Ali-seven-children-jailed-15-years-Egypt-converting-Christianity-Islam.html

Mother and her seven children jailed for 15 years in Egypt after converting back to Christianity from Islam

Nadia Mohamed Ali and seven children jailed after converting to Christianity
    Sentenced to 15 years in jail at a criminal court in Beni Suef, central Egypt
    Seven others involved in the case sentenced to five years in jail

By James Rush

A mother and her seven children have been jailed for 15 years for converting back to Christianity from Islam in Egypt.

Nadia Mohamed Ali was raised a Christian but converted to Islam 23 years ago when she married Mohamed Abdel-Wahhab Mustafa.

Following his death, she planned to convert back to her original faith, along with the rest of her family.

But a criminal court in Beni Suef, in central Egypt, sentenced them to jail for 15 years last week, according to reports.

Seven other people, who were involved in the case, were also sentenced to five years in jail.

Human rights advocates have now warned the sentence is a sign of things to come in Egypt under the Islamist government, according to Fox News.

The conversion came to light after the family attempted to get new identity cards in 2004.

According to Sky News, one of her children was arrested two years later and confessed the documents had been changed illegally when police noticed he had changed his name and became suspicious.

Nadia, her children and the clerks who processed the identity cards were subsequently arrested and charged.

Christians in the country have said they face difficulties if they have converted to Islam and wish to switch back, leading some to forge the documents, which could land them in jail.

Samuel Tadros, a research fellow at Hudson Institute's Center for Religious Freedom, has said while similar conversions had been common, the new Sharia-based constitution in Egypt was 'a real disaster' for religious freedom, according to Fox News.

He said: 'The cases will increase in the future.

'It will be much harder for people to return to Christianity.'

The constitution was pushed through last year by President Mohamed Morsi, who succeeded Hosni Mubarak following an election last June.

Secular and liberal groups, as well as Coptic Christians, opposed the constitution and protested against it at the time it was passed.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 09:56:40 PM »
Slurp  :P

Mercedes K abandoned her Muslim heritage, did Dina as well? ???

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »
Show abit of respect PIP (post injection pain).

If you want to post semi naked photos then thats fine, do it in other sections of the board, but show little respect for the religious board.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 03:14:10 AM »

*Fist bump* for a fellow card-carrying member of Team Slurping Fans of Dina.

AR.2007

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 10:58:21 AM »
hahaha!

abandoned Muslim heritage?  let me give you a small lesson, Islam isnt like Judism where its part of your "heritage" where your parents pass it down, and people claim to be "muslims" becuase they have a Muslim name. your name could be John and you could be from alabama and be a Muslim, the same a man from Eygpt with the name Mohammed can be a Muslim, its state of being, muslim= Submission to God.

these "converts", did they practice islam? did they really worship One God and shun Polythiesm and paganism?  Did they try to pray 5 times a day the best they could? did they fast the month of Ramadan they best they could? did they pay their yearly zakat as best they could? did they try to or atleast hope to make it to hajj before they die?

If you have a man, whose man is Mohammed because his parents named him that, but he dosent believe in Tawheed(good look this up if you dont know what it means) and he never prays, makes fun of Islam, never read the Quran or stepped into a Mosque, regulary fornicates, and drinks Alcohal...ect and he becomes Christian, does this mean he converted NO because he was never a Muslim in the first place, just happend to be born with a Muslim family. Islam comes from and starts in the HEART.

funny thing I have seen, most "converts" are people whom never knew an atoms weight about Islam, but had muslim sounding names, immigrate to a western country then follow the rest of the people and start celebrating pagan holidays like Christmas and eventually change their names. then to sound important or fit in they we "ohh yea we converted from Islam" and start talking about how opressive it was, when they have never even read the Quran!

I live in a basically all white, pretty wealthy city, and it makes me laugh when i see hindus who celebrate christmas and other Pagan....errr sorry i mean Christian holidays because its "mainstream" and they want to fit in.

AR.2007

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 11:14:55 AM »

watch out^ this video might make you fall out of your chair with laughter.

"keep all the eid holidays?" how do you keep an eid holiday? HA LOL?

^ these videos prove my point.

they say things like "we did the ramadan 5 times a day" how the heck do you do ramadan 5 times a day? LOL. ramadan is the name of the fasting month, so you did the fasting month 5 times a day?

"5 times salah didnt mean much to mean" so you dont do Salah and claim to be a muslim? how does that work when it is the 2nd pillar of islam? ? LOL,its like saying I am a Doctor but I dont see patients. or a teacher but dont teach students or a Bodybuilder who dosent train.

now  MOS, Loco, E-kul an the rest of the gang will come in  3,2,1....

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 01:44:52 PM »

watch out^ this video might make you fall out of your chair with laughter.

"keep all the eid holidays?" how do you keep an eid holiday? HA LOL?

^ these videos prove my point.

they say things like "we did the ramadan 5 times a day" how the heck do you do ramadan 5 times a day? LOL. ramadan is the name of the fasting month, so you did the fasting month 5 times a day?

"5 times salah didnt mean much to mean" so you dont do Salah and claim to be a muslim? how does that work when it is the 2nd pillar of islam? ? LOL,its like saying I am a Doctor but I dont see patients. or a teacher but dont teach students or a Bodybuilder who dosent train.

now  MOS, Loco, E-kul an the rest of the gang will come in  3,2,1....

LOL, well you posted your comments on a discussion board.....good chance there's gonna be replies from active members.  

Now, no offense intended, but I went through this exact same exercise months ago with the "Christian converts to Islam" videos after I was prompted to review them to understand why they converted to Islam.  What I found within 20 seconds to 2 minutes of the videos playing was that the convert was clearly not a Christian (the video subject made this blatantly obvious to knowledgable Christians).  The youtube titles were simply misleading (not the fault of board Muslims posting the videos by the way...y'all just provided the youtube links) and it was clear that the converts to Islam weren't Christian for various, glaring reasons.  Certainly they became Muslims, but former Christians they were not.  After a dozen or so videos like this I just stopped watching them.

I should note that not all of the videos are Christian to Muslim converts either...some have nothing to do with Christianity and are completely legit.   I have no doubt there are many legitimate acceptances of Islam from various walks of life.  In addition, I have no doubt there are legitimate Christian to Muslim conversions as well....no reservations about this notion whatsoever.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 02:25:44 PM »
Fatimah's Testimony

I still don’t know why I am writing my story. Maybe I want to be heard because in the real world I still can’t tell many people that I have left Islam.

I was born into a Muslim family and remained a devout practicing Muslim for 30 years. But then something happened nine years ago. It wasn’t an explosion, or a revelation. I was living in a Muslim country, surrounded by Muslims, leading a happy Muslim life. I didn’t need to start reading the history of Islam. But I did. And everything changed. It still took me nine years to realize that Islam can never be from God.

Read More: http://answering-islam.org/testimonies/fatimah.html

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 02:32:52 PM »
Fatimah's Testimony

I still don’t know why I am writing my story. Maybe I want to be heard because in the real world I still can’t tell many people that I have left Islam.

I was born into a Muslim family and remained a devout practicing Muslim for 30 years. But then something happened nine years ago. It wasn’t an explosion, or a revelation. I was living in a Muslim country, surrounded by Muslims, leading a happy Muslim life. I didn’t need to start reading the history of Islam. But I did. And everything changed. It still took me nine years to realize that Islam can never be from God.

Read More: http://answering-islam.org/testimonies/fatimah.html

Just know that Muslims have gone to great lengths to debunk that particular site.....every word of its content down to the word "the" is considered to be a complete and total lie.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 02:34:20 PM »
lol @ mos 'clearly not a Christian'

because they were Catholics and mos didn't want to blurt out that he doesn't believe Catholics are 'true Christians'.

And of course if they reject the trinity they are not going to be 'true christians' to you.

Yet what about priests, pastors and preachers who embraced Islam? Also not true christians even though they went to seminaries and touched the parchments of scripture that you have neither had the chance to see or smell? They actually studied it, in hebrew, aramaic, koine greek and whichever other 'old translations' they could come across in their study.

There was a thread like this before, and the same videos and stories and it basically came down to two things.

Those actor videos with the same fake story of 'a friend' and how the evil mozzlems no nothing about mercy and how christians are all about love.

Two people who did not have an ounce of knowledge of islam. Who were already 'out there' and were fitting into the western norm of drinking, celebrating christmas, partying, etc... so their norms did not fit islam and they saw nothing in relation to islam.

In the end like stingray said for every 1 that leaves Islam there are 20 that join.

Rational people embrace islam, emotional people embrace chrisitnaity.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 02:35:14 PM »
Just know that Muslims have gone to great lengths to debunk that particular site.....every word of its content down to the word "the" is considered to be a complete and total lie.

because it is lol. The site goes from moon god theories to all other kinds of ridiculous orientalist claims.

It's as credible as the toilette paper that people wipe themselves with.

www.Answering-Christianity.com debunks the site word for word indeed.

That sam shamoun idiot was exposed as a fraud and a liar already all over youtube in his 'statements' sooooo it goes a long ways.

I think he was the same guy who's 'arabic teacher' screwed up the very fundemental words from one surah. So much for being credible.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 02:42:50 PM »
lol @ mos 'clearly not a Christian'

because they were Catholics and mos didn't want to blurt out that he doesn't believe Catholics are 'true Christians'.

And of course if they reject the trinity they are not going to be 'true christians' to you.

Yet what about priests, pastors and preachers who embraced Islam? Also not true christians even though they went to seminaries and touched the parchments of scripture that you have neither had the chance to see or smell? They actually studied it, in hebrew, aramaic, koine greek and whichever other 'old translations' they could come across in their study.

There was a thread like this before, and the same videos and stories and it basically came down to two things.

Those actor videos with the same fake story of 'a friend' and how the evil mozzlems no nothing about mercy and how christians are all about love.

Two people who did not have an ounce of knowledge of islam. Who were already 'out there' and were fitting into the western norm of drinking, celebrating christmas, partying, etc... so their norms did not fit islam and they saw nothing in relation to islam.

In the end like stingray said for every 1 that leaves Islam there are 20 that join.

Rational people embrace islam, emotional people embrace chrisitnaity.

The youtube titles were simply misleading (not the fault of board Muslims posting the videos by the way...y'all just provided the youtube links) and it was clear that the converts to Islam weren't Christian for various, glaring reasons.  

I should note that not all of the videos are Christian to Muslim converts either...some have nothing to do with Christianity and are completely legit.   I have no doubt there are many legitimate acceptances of Islam from various walks of life.  In addition, I have no doubt there are legitimate Christian to Muslim conversions as well....no reservations about this notion whatsoever.

I condensed and reposted my last post because you missed some of my comments.

We can discuss the bibical concept of the papacy, the teaching magisterium and oral tradition, the concept of Peter as the "prince of the apostles" (his primacy), the Reformation, sola scriptura, sola roma, Peter's own comments in his books of the NT, etc.....

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 11:52:52 PM »
Do you think we threaten Christian women who convert to Islam with death?  ;D

Very pretty girl
Threatened with death - the Muslim who's converted to Christianity

By Imogen Lamb

We talk to Sabatina James, a former Muslim from Pakistan who's been threatened with death for converting to Christianity.

listen here: http://www.english.rfi.fr/middle-east/20101027-threatened-death-moslem-whos-converted-christianity

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 03:51:45 PM »
Thank you mods, you're the best!  8)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 04:03:25 PM »
.....as always we aim to please and remember "customer service is #1"!!

Moderators are not leaders, we are merely humble servants.  

Our only reward is YOUR total satisfaction!!

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 09:25:54 PM »
I used to be muslim still am a bit confused about my new religion Christianity. lol It will get easier as time goes by. :) so... does this mean I can have a tattoo now? I really don't want a tattoo as I don't believe in it as a life long muslim. But it would be nice to know if I could have one under Christianity. Or am I just thinking too Islamic LOL
X

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 09:28:31 PM »
Rianti Rhiannon Cartwright (born 22 September 1983 in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia) is Indonesian actress, model, presenter and VJ.[1] She's best known for her leading role as 'Aisha' in a romantic religious Indonesian hit movie "Ayat-Ayat Cinta"(Verses of Love) in 2008 and become a VJ for MTV Indonesia since 2005.

On September 17, 2010, Rianti secretly married to a singer whose descendants are U.S. citizens of Batak origin, Cas Alfonso Nainggolan, at Saint Patrick's Cathedral, New York, United States. Two weeks before departure to the United States to get married, Rianti left the Muslim faith to become a baptized Catholic with the name Sophie Rianti Rhiannon Cartwright.

Would hit.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 09:29:10 PM »
Sabatina James is an Austrian-Pakistani author.

Sabatina James lived until her tenth year as a Muslim with her family in the city of Dhedar, Pakistan until her family moved to Linz, Austria. Sabatina integrated and assimilated quickly into Austrian society. Her parents were unhappy with this since they understood Austria as a temporary residence. Since restrictions against their daughter were no longer effective, the family decided to send Sabatina to Lahore to marry her cousin. Her parents left her in Pakistan, where she was forced to go to a Madrasa. James consented initially into the marriage with her cousin in order to get back to Austria. Once in Austria, she refused to marry him. Her family threatened to kill her so she was forced into hiding and take on a new identity.[1] This led to a break-up with the family.
Escape

She surviving by sleeping in a shelter and working at a local café in Linz. Her parents harassed her at both places, showing up and ordering her to wed. James escaped to Vienna with the help of friends. There she started a new life, changing her name and converting to Catholicism. James wrote a book about this experience, and her parents sued for defamation. The court ruled in her favor. She was baptized in 2003, in a small Baroque church of a village priest, who was convinced of her inner conversion.[2]

Today, she is an ambassador for the women's rights organization Terre des Femmes and – as stated a convert to Catholic Christianity, and thus Apostate from Islam. Since 2006 her organization is fighting for the equality of Muslim women. The name James she took after her conversion to Christianity. Sabatina was next to Queen Noor of Jordan a jury member of the Women's World Awards 2009 in Vienna.

Would hit.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 09:30:26 PM »

Double hit.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 09:43:36 PM »
A bur'aq is a part woman and part animal. hmm... when the prophet (pbhu) decended to heaven from al aqsa (golden dome of the rock) such a beast was ridden. nice story and as a kid I always loved this beautiful creature.... but more like greek mtyh and just nice fairy tale... nothing more. :)
X

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 10:08:10 PM »
I used to be muslim still am a bit confused about my new religion Christianity. lol It will get easier as time goes by. :) so... does this mean I can have a tattoo now? I really don't want a tattoo as I don't believe in it as a life long muslim. But it would be nice to know if I could have one under Christianity. Or am I just thinking too Islamic LOL

Leviticus 19:28, “Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord.”

8)

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »
Hey thanks. I have lots to learn. Now Islam seems easy lol but glad I choose jesus :)
X