Author Topic: Do not sleep on Ted Cruz! He is my pick for 2016.  (Read 3393 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Do not sleep on Ted Cruz! He is my pick for 2016.
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 07:01:38 PM »
Nope.  Not at all.  McCain was born in Panama. 
Only native-born U.S. citizens (or those born abroad, but only to parents who were both citizens of the U.S.) may be president of the United States, though from time to time that requirement is called into question, most recently after Arnold Schwarzenegger, born in Austria, was elected governor of California, in 2003. The Constitution originally provided a small loophole to this provision: One needn't have been born in the United States but had to be a citizen at the time the Constitution was adopted. But, since that occurred in 1789, that ship has sailed.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepresidentandcabinet/a/presrequire.htm
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »
from Wiki:
Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada[1], where his parents, Eleanor Darragh and Rafael Cruz, were working in the oil business.[9][10] His father was a Cuban immigrant to the United States during the Cuban Revolution.[11] His mother was born and reared in Delaware, in a family of Irish and Italian descent.[10][12] Cruz's parents, who had both attended college in Texas, returned there when Ted was about four years old.[11]

His mom was born in the US, but doesn't say whether his dad was a citizen when Cruz was born.
follow the arrows

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 07:07:32 PM »
I'm looking forward to Alex Jones new film, The Cruz Deception.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 07:12:40 PM »
An American of hispanic heritage born in Canada - LOL!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 07:14:04 PM »
An American of hispanic heritage born in Canada - LOL!

I don't think Cubans typically refer to themselves as hispanic

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »
from Wiki:
Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada[1], where his parents, Eleanor Darragh and Rafael Cruz, were working in the oil business.[9][10] His father was a Cuban immigrant to the United States during the Cuban Revolution.[11] His mother was born and reared in Delaware, in a family of Irish and Italian descent.[10][12] Cruz's parents, who had both attended college in Texas, returned there when Ted was about four years old.[11]

His mom was born in the US, but doesn't say whether his dad was a citizen when Cruz was born.

This is the same issue some birthers raised about Obama (whether his father was an American citizen when Obama was born). 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 07:16:23 PM »
Only native-born U.S. citizens (or those born abroad, but only to parents who were both citizens of the U.S.) may be president of the United States, though from time to time that requirement is called into question, most recently after Arnold Schwarzenegger, born in Austria, was elected governor of California, in 2003. The Constitution originally provided a small loophole to this provision: One needn't have been born in the United States but had to be a citizen at the time the Constitution was adopted. But, since that occurred in 1789, that ship has sailed.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepresidentandcabinet/a/presrequire.htm
good catch...

seems though that it doesnt really matter

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/03/20/supporters-push-for-ted-cruz-for-president/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 07:17:26 PM »
This is the same issue some birthers raised about Obama (whether his father was an American citizen when Obama was born). 

Obama was born in the US

Is Cruz trying to say he was born in the US?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 07:21:44 PM »

Good find.  From the link:

1. Cruz’s eligibility

Cruz, like a couple of presidential candidates before him, faces a potential hurdle to running for president in that it’s not 100 percent clear that he’s a “natural-born citizen,” as the 14th Amendment requires presidents to be.

Cruz’s mother was a U.S. citizen when he was born, and current U.S. law extends citizenship to anyone born to a U.S. citizen, regardless of where the birth takes place. The question is whether citizenship is the same thing as being a “natural-born citizen.”

Legal scholars generally agree that Cruz meets that requirement, and Cruz’s office agrees. But it also remains somewhat untested in the courts.

While no president-elect has formally tested the “natural-born citizen” requirement, several have run for president with that question hanging over their candidacies.

Democrats in 1967 suggested that George Romney would not be eligible to serve as president, because he was born to U.S. citizens in Mexico. But a New York Law Journal piece at the time argued forcefully that he would be, and that seemed to put the issue to rest. (Romney’s primary campaign wound up imploding.)

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), the GOP’s nominee in 2008, was born in the Panama Canal Zone to U.S. citizens. After he secured the party’s nomination, the Senate in 2008 passed a resolution stating that McCain was indeed a natural-born citizen.

In fact, this debate dates back to President Chester A. Arthur and the original so-called “birther” controversy. While Arthur is listed as being born in Vermont, some argued that he was born in Canada and thus ineligible to be president.

The nonpartisan Congressional Research Service has even weighed in on the issue, writing in November 2011 that people born to U.S. citizens in foreign countries “most likely” qualify as natural-born citizens.
“The weight of more recent federal cases, as well as the majority of scholarship on the subject, also indicates that the term ‘natural born citizen’ would most likely include, as well as native born citizens, those born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents, at least one of whom had previously resided in the United States, or those born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent who, prior to the birth, had met the requirements of federal law for physical presence in the country,” wrote Jack Maskell.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 07:26:41 PM »
LOL @ Republicans who don't have the balls to admit they're birthers when it comes to Obama.

"well, I think there's some interesting things, but I'm not so sure..."  bwahahahhaaha wimps.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 07:27:15 PM »
So when it comes to Cruz the point is moot, but not with Obama  ??? Where's 333 screaming birther on this guy?
follow the arrows

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 07:29:19 PM »
So when it comes to Cruz the point is moot, but not with Obama  ??? Where's 333 screaming birther on this guy?
what point? cruz isnt denying anything is he?

he was born in canada to a natural born US citizen, the courts have never ruled on whether that makes someone eligible or not......

what point?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 07:33:18 PM »
what point? cruz isnt denying anything is he?

he was born in canada to a natural born US citizen, the courts have never ruled on whether that makes someone eligible or not......

what point?
well its interesting to note that you went into defensive mode without me addressing you personally. If you don't see my 'point' I don't know what to tell you.
follow the arrows

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2013, 07:39:59 PM »
well its interesting to note that you went into defensive mode without me addressing you personally. If you don't see my 'point' I don't know what to tell you.
hahahah asking for clarification is defensive?

LMFAO that almost as good as pointing out hypocrisey is "reprehensible" hahahha

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2013, 07:42:50 PM »
Do you want to be spoonfed my point?
follow the arrows

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
Do you want to be spoonfed my point?
sure

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 08:06:24 PM »
v

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »
I guess none of you bothered to check his bio to realise he was born in Calgary LOL

You're the first person to point this out ever!!!!!!

Someone get this guy a job one of the cable networks as he's discovered something no one else has yet!!!!!!  ::)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2013, 08:38:07 PM »
sure
why was Obama's birthplace an issue in the first place?

You're the first person to point this out ever!!!!!!

Someone get this guy a job one of the cable networks as he's discovered something no one else has yet!!!!!!  ::)
See above, the assumption was that being born in the US was a requirement, faggot.
follow the arrows

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2013, 09:15:57 AM »
Princeton and Harvard educated.

Has argued cases before the Supreme Court.

Hispanic.

Going to have the plantation masters on the left shitting their pants.

Santorum and Bachmann will challenge him.
flavor of the month club.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2013, 09:27:20 AM »
Santorum and Bachmann will challenge him.
flavor of the month club.

seems our resident right wingers have forgotten how quickly they embraced every new nutbag that entered the race last year

Shit, at one time we had Bachman, Trump, Cain, Perry on top and I think even Santorum got to spend a few days there too

Cruz is hated by the Republican establishment so it's hard to believe he is going to be treated any better than Ron Paul

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2013, 09:36:17 AM »
seems our resident right wingers have forgotten how quickly they embraced every new nutbag that entered the race last year

Shit, at one time we had Bachman, Trump, Cain, Perry on top and I think even Santorum got to spend a few days there too

Cruz is hated by the Republican establishment so it's hard to believe he is going to be treated any better than Ron Paul

and you still embrace the current nutbag at 1600 Pa Ave who is a glorifed crackhead and communist expanding FBI wiretap powers.

FORWARD!!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »

In your own words, feel free to explain how Cruz is a nutbag.

Keep in mind that he's much more smarter and accomplished than you are.  :)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »

I haven't embraced him.  In fact, he's so new on the scene, I don't know shit about him.

So BF is right, tell us why he's a nutbag?  I gotta feeling you don't know much about him either.