Author Topic: Is it okay to take 4 Bayer Advanced Asprins (2000mg) ?  (Read 5214 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Is it okay to take 4 Bayer Advanced Asprins (2000mg) ?
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 09:47:23 AM »
Don't exceed the 4 gram daily limit.

Each tablet is 500mg, do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours.

Remember Aspirin is an NSAID and inhibits both Cox-1 and Cox-2 (enzymes directly involved in prostaglandin synthesis).

The Cox-1 inhibitory effect of Aspirin can be seen in: GI tract protection, Renal function and platelet aggregation. (In other words, it reduces the protective properties of the GI tract, provides a decline in renal function and reduces platelet aggregation)

The Cox-2 inhibitory effect of Aspirin can be seen in: Pain, fever and inflammatory processes. (In other words, it reduces pain, fever and inflammation)

Take too much Aspirin over time and you will possibly have: gastric ulcers, kidney function decline or failure, decline in platelet aggregation (which is what leads to prolonged bleeding) and slowed healing processes that can lead to prolonged recovery over the course of an injury, disease or infection.

*As an added tidbit, Aspirin does not actually thin the blood, that is a common urban myth. There is no pharmacological action by way of Aspirin in actually reducing the viscosity of the blood*

Here is your guide for your maximum daily dose, take a look at the label on that bottle of Bayer Aspirin Advance:

For extra reading material based on peer-reviewed medical literature, take a look at these sites:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682878.html

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/daily-aspirin-therapy/HB00073

"1"

Thank you sir, very informative!  You're a great mod and a great man!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »
DOMS can be a lot more painful than whatever most
people use aspirin for. Forgot to drink enough
water, drank too little coffee... pop an aspirin.
Back when I used to train hard I sometimes literally
couldn't walk for a few days. I remember calling in sick
for school because I couldn't get there. Would've needed
something a lot stronger than aspirin to make me functional.

It's possible to kill yourself by training real hard (rhabdo)

This is bodybuilding...remember?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »

Take too much Aspirin over time and you will possibly have: gastric ulcers, kidney function decline or failure, decline in platelet aggregation (which is what leads to prolonged bleeding) and slowed healing processes that can lead to prolonged recovery over the course of an injury, disease or infection.

*As an added tidbit, Aspirin does not actually thin the blood, that is a common urban myth. There is no pharmacological action by way of Aspirin in actually reducing the viscosity of the blood*

It doesn't thin your blood per se, but it does increase prothrombin time, which causes prolonged bleeding. 

If you had a serious injury or drama while taking large doses of aspirin, you could bleed out internally or externally and die very quickly.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 10:56:48 AM »
It doesn't thin your blood per se, but it does increase prothrombin time, which causes prolonged bleeding. 

If you had a serious injury or drama while taking large doses of aspirin, you could bleed out internally or externally and die very quickly.

Correct!

The actual viscosity of the blood (thickness) is not affected, but platelet aggregation and overall function is inhibited.

"1"

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »
Correct!

The actual viscosity of the blood (thickness) is not affected, but platelet aggregation and overall function is inhibited.

"1"
terminology and precise wording is a bitch when it comes to studies, you guys sound like you just googled this shit and posting  the studies, well guess what?

studies show cell tech to increase muscular hypertrohy by 5000%  come on, I can show you guys studies that indicate steroids do not actually build the muscles.

The reason people says it thins the blood because it causes the blood to circulate faster without any extra pressure on the heart, for example your heart pumps thick liquid through a pipe it will be slow, thinner liquid would be faster hence the theory of the blood thinning out. Regardless if this is true or not the effects are all the same and this is why people take Aspirin with their ephedrine because the heart works hard to pump blood through the veins with ephedrine and once you take Aspirin your heart feels like it is going to explode and this is why people think the heart works easier because of thinner blood going through the veins but like I said the results are the same at the end of the day.

Funny, my doctor just told me it thins out the blood, go to any shoppers and talk to the pharmacy and they will tell you it thins out the blood, yet a couple google kings on getbig are going to say other wise, cool story  ;)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »
terminology and precise wording is a bitch when it comes to studies, you guys sound like you just googled this shit and posting  the studies, well guess what?

studies show cell tech to increase muscular hypertrohy by 5000%  come on, I can show you guys studies that indicate steroids do not actually build the muscles.

The reason people says it thins the blood because it causes the blood to circulate faster without any extra pressure on the heart, for example your heart pumps thick liquid through a pipe it will be slow, thinner liquid would be faster hence the theory of the blood thinning out. Regardless if this is true or not the effects are all the same and this is why people take Aspirin with their ephedrine because the heart works hard to pump blood through the veins with ephedrine and once you take Aspirin your heart feels like it is going to explode and this is why people think the heart works easier because of thinner blood going through the veins but like I said the results are the same at the end of the day.

Funny, my doctor just told me it thins out the blood, go to any shoppers and talk to the pharmacy and they will tell you it thins out the blood, yet a couple google kings on getbig are going to say other wise, cool story  ;)

I see what you're saying, semantics is a bitch. I think lay people infer that it functionally thins blood, though the blood's viscosity is unchanged.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 02:08:49 PM »

One thing is to show a bogus study, but I challenge you to find ANY study on the internet that shows how Aspirin actually thins the blood. You won't find any, because Aspirin does not thin the blood.

The reason people says it thins the blood because it causes the blood to circulate faster without any extra pressure on the heart, for example your heart pumps thick liquid through a pipe it will be slow, thinner liquid would be faster hence the theory of the blood thinning out.

That's just not true OTH. I love you brother, but I can show you textbook's worth of data to explain how this is not pharmacologically true as a property of Aspirin. I don't pretend to use Google for my references.

I use: Harrison's Internal Medicine & DiPiro's Pharmacotherapy: A Physiological Approach in order to base my information. Google just provides a quick reference, but whatever I state here, I have references to back that up.

Ask your doctor if it truly things out the blood next time you speak to him and explain that someone on a random internet forum instead stated that there is no change in the actual viscosity or elements found within the blood's plasma as a result of taking Aspirin and that instead they suggested that Aspirin produces a reduction in the body's ability to have platelet aggregation.

Also, I don't base this off random Google searches, many decades ago, I want to school for this information and got both an undergraduate and a biochemical graduate degree. Feel free to ask any of the doctors on this site whether Aspirin thins the blood and they will tell you the same.

No hate here, just facts..

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »
I see what you're saying, semantics is a bitch. I think lay people infer that it functionally thins blood, though the blood's viscosity is unchanged.

But that's the thing, Aspirin doesn't thin the blood in any way possible. It's just not true.

Aspirin is an non-selective NSAID. By way of such, it acts on both Cox-1 and Cox-2 enzymes which are involved in various inflammatory processes. Due to its effects on Cox-1, it inhibits the synthesis of a group of enzymes, which are directly involved with platelet aggregation.

Simple as that. Chiro, you're a chiropractor, I am sure you took a A&P and a pharmacology course or two in your studies, surely you can verify this instantly.

One thing is to believe in bro-science, another thing is to simply follow facts and science.

"1"

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 02:13:22 PM »
It's like me telling my buddies on the roof "when does the sun go down" well guess what? it does not go down ever but that is the term we have come to know.

When a thick liquid substance travels through a pipe what will make it go faster, well thinning the liquid out will so maybe the actual blood volume does not change but the blood still speeds up travelling through your veins and the entire Pharma community has called this process ''thinning of the blood'' You will not find a single doctor who will not say Aspirin thins out the blood, they all will say it does. 8)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 02:14:46 PM »
But that's the thing, Aspirin doesn't thin the blood in any way possible. It's just not true.

Aspirin is an non-selective NSAID. By way of such, it acts on both Cox-1 and Cox-2 enzymes which are involved in various inflammatory processes. Due to its effects on Cox-1, it inhibits the synthesis of a group of enzymes, which are directly involved with platelet aggregation.

Simple as that. Chiro, you're a chiropractor, I am sure you took a A&P and a pharmacology course or two in your studies, surely you can verify this instantly.

One thing is to believe in bro-science, another thing is to simply follow facts and science.

"1"

That's precisely what I'm saying (agreeing with you) brother.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
That's precisely what I'm saying (agreeing with you) brother.
and exactly what I am saying too, it is a term that every doctor uses, OK I will give you the benefit of the doubt and agree that does not thin out the blood but is it the even important.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 02:18:44 PM »
It's like me telling my buddies on the roof "when does the sun go down" well guess what? it does not go down ever but that is the term we have come to know.

When a thick liquid substance travels through a pipe what will make it go faster, well thinning the liquid out will so maybe the actual blood volume does not change but the blood still speeds up travelling through your veins and the entire Pharma community has called this process ''thinning of the blood'' You will not find a single doctor who will not say Aspirin thins out the blood, they all will say it does. 8)

OTH,

Simply call your doctor or better yet, go to your local pharmacy and speak to one of the pharmacists (They know drugs WAY BETTER than your actual doctor, they spent over 9 years to get to where they are and they only deal with pharmacology) and ask either of these two groups to explain how exactly Aspirin thins your blood (i.e. makes it thinner in nature).

None of them will be able to answer you. They will simply tell you it doesn't.

Doctor's follow the American Medical Association and learn directly from Harrison's internal medicine. They can not lie to you about this.

Trust me, if I knew you were right, I wouldn't hold back and state the truth, but in this instance you can't be further from the truth.

Look it up, call your doctor or local pharmacist and I promise that if you ask them to explain how Aspirin thins out the blood, none will say that it does or even be able to provide an explanation of such.

"1"

P.S. Bro, you know I wouldn't debate this unless I were 110% sure of the facts. I don't argue with my bros on the forum. But I am seeing this as a friendly and edifying debate!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 02:21:15 PM »
Haha,  a lot of fine testosterone filled gentlemen that i have equal respect for arguing the same points here basically. OMR is spot on with the breakdown of the inhibitory pathway (there's no debate there, that's just how the pathway operates). But OTH I agree with what you're referring to as the functional effect of consuming this NSAID.  At the end of the day this has been an educational discussion and you both have very large penises.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »
OTH,

Simply call your doctor or better yet, go to your local pharmacy and speak to one of the pharmacists (They know drugs WAY BETTER than your actual doctor, they spent over 9 years to get to where they are and they only deal with pharmacology) and ask either of these two groups to explain how exactly Aspirin thins your blood (i.e. makes it thinner in nature).

None of them will be able to answer you. They will simply tell you it doesn't.

Doctor's follow the American Medical Association and learn directly from Harrison's internal medicine. They can not lie to you about this.

Trust me, if I knew you were right, I wouldn't hold back and state the truth, but in this instance you can't be further from the truth.

Look it up, call your doctor or local pharmacist and I promise that if you ask them to explain how Aspirin thins out the blood, none will say that it does or even be able to provide an explanation of such.

"1"

P.S. Bro, you know I wouldn't debate this unless I were 110% sure of the facts. I don't argue with my bros on the forum. But I am seeing this as a friendly and edifying debate!
you are totally missing my point brother, but I don't blame you I blame my shitty explanation skills, lol.

You have convinced me that it does not thin the blood and i agree but what I am saying is that it must be a terminology because all doctors at the pharmacy and local doctors always say the word'' Aspirin thins the blood"

They all do, my doctor told me last time I inquired now, now if I asked them in more detail they might say ''well it does not exactly thin the blood'' and carry out a more detail explanation but I put 100 dollars on the line that if you walk into any pharmacy and ask about Aspirin they will say casually that Aspirin thins the blood, this you can not convince me other wise cause I have heard them say this with my own ears many times.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
They all do, my doctor told me last time I inquired now, now if I asked them in more detail they might say ''well it does not exactly thin the blood'' and carry out a more detail explanation but I put 100 dollars on the line that if you walk into any pharmacy and ask about Aspirin they will say casually that Aspirin thins the blood, this you can not convince me other wise cause I have heard them say this with my own ears many times.

Agreed!

That's a fair conclusion that does hold merit as I have heard the phrase thrown around both medical doctors and pharmacists alike.

"1"

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2013, 02:40:54 PM »
Agreed!

That's a fair conclusion that does hold merit as I have heard the phrase thrown around both medical doctors and pharmacists alike.

"1"
Now since you put fourth all this effort I will give you props and say I learned something from you today;

That Aspirin does not actually thin out the blood  ;)