Author Topic: Is Subway Real Food?  (Read 10629 times)

38-26-40

• Getbig IV

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Re: Is Subway Real Food?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:03:13 PM »
It's still real food to me. A few chemicals and preservatives never hurt anyone. Or not this slut anyways. I have Subway about six times a year and don't feel guilty at all.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:11:08 PM »

ITS REALL FOOD DAMN IT!!!!

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:13:20 PM »
It's still real food to me. A few chemicals and preservatives never hurt anyone. Or not this slut anyways. I have Subway about six times a year and don't feel guilty at all.

Ditto! If adding chemicals turned food fake, then there would be nothing real left lol

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 08:15:43 PM »
ITS REALL FOOD DAMN IT!!!!

Loll, All I did was just copy the title.  ;)

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 08:20:27 PM »
The 9 grain wheat bread might look and smell freshly baked but it contains close to 50 ingredients including refined flours, dough conditioners, hidden MSG, refined sugars, etc. Could bread this processed ever be real food? Certainly not, when it includes a chemical ingredient called azodicarbonamide, which is banned as a food additive in the U.K., Europe, and Australia, and if you get caught using it in Singapore you can get up to 15 years in prison and be fined $450,000. Azodicarbonamide is more commonly used in the production of foamed plastics, however, it is allowed in the United States as a food additive, a flour bleaching agent, and a dough conditioner that improves elasticity of bread. The U.K. has recognized this ingredient as a potential cause of asthma if inhaled, and advises against its use in people who have sensitivity to food dye allergies and other common allergies in food, because azodicarbonamide can exacerbate the symptoms. Let’s not forget it only takes 4 or 5 simple ingredients to make REAL whole-wheat bread including flour, yeast, salt, water, and maybe honey.

This was the shocker!  :P

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 08:20:38 PM »
True. The human body can tolerate small amounts of poison routinely. Id just rather have mine in a wine glass,

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 02:49:21 AM »
Ditto! If adding chemicals turned food fake, then there would be nothing real left lol

& cook by 15yo  :P

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 03:06:43 AM »
Vani Hari a.k.a. Food Babe is an organic living expert

::)

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 03:12:13 AM »
I have never eaten it.  Since I am not really a bread person, those big long bread rolls don't entice me to even try it.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 03:20:34 AM »
I once in my life eat at Subways and to be honest the "bread" is about the most disgusting thing IO ever had, I am coming from a country has a very rich tradition in regards to bread, Subways "bread" doesn't even taste like toast, it has this weird fluffy light feel and taste to it.

Never again.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 03:37:18 AM »
Meh. It's usually my 'fast food' of choice when I travel. The better of a sorry lot, I figure.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 03:45:26 AM »
The only thing real are the calories, it's like the Macdonald burger that looks the same after a year in the fridge, it's dead food.

No wonder people need TRT and a bunch of pills for their bodies to work properly these days. It's a self-induced hell by choosing to eat it.

I sometimes wonder if I even should tell people this, or if I really don't care to help some people because they chose to be ignorant and arrogant about it.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 03:58:26 AM »
Always fat people in there.  That ad campaign was magic.

Get it every couple months.  Tastes like the bottom of a garbage can every time.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 04:22:30 AM »
Stupid Thread.  Its real food but Subway ranks at the bottom in my opinion of fast food.  Large Fries and Burger any day over their weak offerings.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 04:32:47 AM »
Take the red pill, its just not worth it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 05:11:51 AM »
subway doesn't have a drive thru.

i'm not trying to catch a cardio workout, getting out of my car and standing in line :(

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 06:05:12 AM »
http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2012/06/12/food-babe-investigates-is-subway-real-food/

Disgusting

"food babe"  ::)

Vani Hari a.k.a. Food Babe is an organic living expert, food activist and writer on FoodBabe.com. She teaches people how to make the right purchasing decisions at the grocery store, how to live an organic lifestyle, and how to travel healthfully around the world. The success in her writing and investigative work can be seen in the way food companies react to her uncanny ability to find and expose the truth. To follow Vani, check her out on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

just another attention whore
K

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 06:06:14 AM »
Stupid Thread.  Its real food but Subway ranks at the bottom in my opinion of fast food.  Large Fries and Burger any day over their weak offerings.

what is your favorite fast food chain offering on burgers?
K

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 06:16:33 AM »
I have never eaten it.  Since I am not really a bread person, those big long bread rolls don't entice me to even try it.

interesting. What is your weakness?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 06:19:20 AM »
That chicken they sell is as close to chicken as Grant Michaels is to being a virgin

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 06:20:54 AM »
Ever seen the egg salad there? Looks like powder. Nasty!

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 06:22:11 AM »

I will eat a burger and fries (which I am doing more and more of) before Subway.  I will eat a large pizza before subway.  

You end up looking like the Ach guy if you eat too many of those

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 06:27:24 AM »
subway doesn't have a drive thru.

i'm not trying to catch a cardio workout, getting out of my car and standing in line :(

Some in Canada do actually.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 06:43:57 AM »
 Their flatbread breakfast subs are the shit...